Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Feb 4, 2021, 08:26 AM   #91
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
it wasnt not feasable, they couldnt be bothered. They literally said in the interview that they would have to copy over everything manually by visuals because of the changes from ue3 to ue4 and they didnt want to pay someone to do that, when they could just copy the code directly and keep the engine in ue3.

i dont know if you have ever had to copy code manually from visuals alone, but not only does ue4 have tools for ease of doing that but its just a little time consuming and tedious, it isnt remotely difficult. They actually say in the interview that they dont want to put that much effort into the remaster.
They had a budget, it didn't allow for a total conversion to UE4.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2021, 10:22 AM   #92
xCLAVEx
Will not conform

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

Will wait for $30 or below sale. In no hurry, I never got on board with the ME bandwagon either way, couldn't play the first one beyond a few hours without getting bored. The inventory system and clunky combat just drove me nuts.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2021, 10:31 AM   #93
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCLAVEx View Post
Will wait for $30 or below sale. In no hurry, I never got on board with the ME bandwagon either way, couldn't play the first one beyond a few hours without getting bored. The inventory system and clunky combat just drove me nuts.
You missed out.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 4, 2021, 10:41 AM   #94
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
They had a budget, it didn't allow for a total conversion to UE4.
Budget? Could have surprised me considering they're charging a full $60. More like profit margin.

I understand "but it's 3 games" but let's be honest here .. instead of coming up with new content, developers are quickly becoming content with just re-releasing old **** with some new lighting and some higher resolution textures, and then expecting the consumer to throw the wallet.

The remaster makes more sense for those who didn't play the original like me, so I don't understand the hype for those who already own/played it. The comparisons so far look extremely mediocre; some upgraded illumination and textures is the bare ****ing minimum, and they're not asking some small $$ amount. Hopefully they even include ultra-wide support. The fact that they're still running it all on the ancient UE3 engine is a major blow; if they actually put some time into this we could have a completely badass remake/remaster that would be worthy of a $60 price tag.

If the big bonus is all the DLC, then call it a "Game of the Year" or "Gold Edition" instead of a remaster.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2021, 10:50 AM   #95
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Skip to 3:05 if you want to get the slide comparisons.

Why would they call it a game of the year edition when it is a remaster?

They've changed the gameplay in the first one to match the two later games, they've revamped models, and replaced textures, even added stuff to scenes.

It might not be a demon souls level, but it's a remaster none the less.
Old Feb 4, 2021, 10:59 AM   #96
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

I was being a smartass with the Game of the Year comment, but I think you knew that

Some of those shots look better, hadn't seen all of those. Certainly better than some of the others I've seen. I get that the updates to ME3 will be less noticeable because it's a more recent/modern game, but much of the upgrade to the graphics is coming from the sharpness they added and lighting that isn't from 2003.

If they have ultra-wide support I'll probably buy it just so I can actually play through these games, but won't be day-1 for me.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Old Feb 4, 2021, 11:00 AM   #97
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

it has ultrawide support.
Old Feb 4, 2021, 11:00 AM   #98
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
it has ultrawide support.
Okay I'm in
Old Feb 4, 2021, 11:19 AM   #99
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post

Skip to 3:05 if you want to get the slide comparisons.

Why would they call it a game of the year edition when it is a remaster?

They've changed the gameplay in the first one to match the two later games, they've revamped models, and replaced textures, even added stuff to scenes.

It might not be a demon souls level, but it's a remaster none the less.

This video shows a little more. There are a few more texture changes in a few scenarios and fire looks better as well.

It almost looks like someone took off the blur filter in the original game to finally let it shine.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2021, 11:36 AM   #100
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

Quote:
instead of coming up with new content, developers are quickly becoming content with just re-releasing old **** with some new lighting and some higher resolution textures, and then expecting the consumer to throw the wallet.

The remaster makes more sense for those who didn't play the original like me, so I don't understand the hype for those who already own/played it.
Nah, bring on the remasters. Loving every minute of it.

Because of all these great remasters we're being showered with, I get to experience games I never got around to playing (and won't because they control or look like garbage now), or get to experience games I really enjoyed a 2nd time (but won't play because they control or look like garbage now).

Keep 'em coming, I say. There are still plenty of new games coming out for anyone looking for a totally new thing to play.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
EVGA 3080 XC3 Ultra Gaming
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
Corsair 600T Silver Edition
Corsair Nightsword Mouse/Logitech G15 Keyboard
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Logtech G703 Mouse/Logitech G915 Keyboard
OverclockN' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2021, 04:20 PM   #101
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwards

They also finally added controller support. All it took was a remaster.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2021, 05:26 PM   #102
JohnnyFlash
Radeon R600

JohnnyFlash is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
They also finally added controller support. All it took was a remaster.
Heresy.
Old Feb 4, 2021, 07:24 PM   #103
Jimby
Captain Manches

Jimby doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJimby doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJimby doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJimby doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJimby doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJimby doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJimby doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJimby doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJimby doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Game looks good, but will wait for the sales since I already own them.
Jimby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2021, 07:39 PM   #104
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Ray tracing support?
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2021, 08:49 PM   #105
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
It almost looks like someone took off the blur filter in the original game to finally let it shine.
Yea they clearly swapped out the low quality blur filter original used. Looks much nicer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
Ray tracing support?
Nope. Likely way outside the budget to add that as it's just a slightly upgraded UE3 engine. But they have clearly overhauled the lighting, which has resulted in a nice improvement for some parts of the games.

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i7 4770k @ 4.5Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2021, 11:58 PM   #106
Sundance Kid V2
Your daddy!

Sundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimby View Post
Game looks good, but will wait for the sales since I already own them.
same
Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2021, 09:34 AM   #107
A2597
A Peculiar Person

A2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird sings

never played ME3, because everyone said the ending was terrible. I was invested enough after ME1 and 2 to leave it in my imagination as to how it ended.

May get this to replay ME1 with ME2 style though, and if mods work for a better ending...I'll consider it.

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.
1 Peter 2:9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
:heart: I took a few weeks off, but Rage is like a home away from home.
A2597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2021, 09:43 AM   #108
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2597 View Post
never played ME3, because everyone said the ending was terrible. I was invested enough after ME1 and 2 to leave it in my imagination as to how it ended.

May get this to replay ME1 with ME2 style though, and if mods work for a better ending...I'll consider it.
The ending wasn't terrible, just no happy ending option.

yoz
Old Feb 5, 2021, 10:24 AM   #109
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Try a different masseuse. Bazoink!
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2021, 10:27 AM   #110
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
Try a different masseuse. Bazoink!
🤣

yoz
Old Feb 5, 2021, 11:08 AM   #111
JohnnyFlash
Radeon R600

JohnnyFlash is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
This is really what the issue was. The gameplay and feel of 3 was incredible, the endings were just emotionally hard to take and that turned to anger. I know that's what happened to me looking back.

No spoilers for the newcomers in this thread, but on reflection I have no issue with the endings, the one I picked just hurt my soul. I will be buying this on release.
Old Feb 5, 2021, 11:22 AM   #112
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyFlash View Post
This is really what the issue was. The gameplay and feel of 3 was incredible, the endings were just emotionally hard to take and that turned to anger. I know that's what happened to me looking back.

No spoilers for the newcomers in this thread, but on reflection I have no issue with the endings, the one I picked just hurt my soul. I will be buying this on release.
I agree with you, gameplay of 3 was awesome and the ending was not what one would wish for. Supposedly there is a DLC that makes the ending better?

yoz
Old Feb 5, 2021, 11:33 AM   #113
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

The last mission of ME3 was my issue and not the ending(even though that was terrible) The last mission in me3 wasnt as dynamic and epic as me2 and I expected that and so much more.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2021, 12:49 PM   #114
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Subscriber

Little more info on some of the changes. Kinda seems like ME1 is getting the biggest overhaul. Which makes sense, as it feels the most outta place now.

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i7 4770k @ 4.5Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2021, 12:09 AM   #115
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Did they fix the shemale in ME2?
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2021, 01:21 AM   #116
alitayyab
EGS is the future

alitayyab once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'alitayyab once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'alitayyab once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'alitayyab once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'alitayyab once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'alitayyab once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Ali#1317
ali_tayyab
Game Endings
Core i7-9700K @5.0GHz + Noctua NH-D15S || Asus Z390-H || 16 GB RAM || Zotac GTX 1080Ti Amp Extreme Core Ed || Antec HCP-1000 PSU || Corsair AIR 540
Core i5-6700K || AsRock H110M-itx || 16 GB RAM || Integrated Audio/Video || Corsair CX430 || Cooler Master Elite 120
alitayyab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2021, 06:25 AM   #117
Higgy10
Radeon Arctic Islands

Higgy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
The last mission of ME3 was my issue and not the ending(even though that was terrible) The last mission in me3 wasnt as dynamic and epic as me2 and I expected that and so much more.
ya both me1 and 2 and amazing final missions. The ending of me1 was my personal favourite
Higgy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2021, 06:26 AM   #118
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by alitayyab View Post
Woke and censored. Figures.
Old Feb 6, 2021, 06:33 AM   #119
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Hmm, if they bothered to change stuff like that, then I really hope they took the time to fix some of the horrible animations from ME3.

That running animation from the opening sequence better not be in the legendary edition, and not being able to holster weapons better not be a thing, it's not like they can blame it on lack of memory.

And they should have done more with femshep, it still looks like something out of a advanced character editor while all the other major human characters are clearly based on real people.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2021, 06:43 AM   #120
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

Well I mean some of the angels were hilariously bad, and did EDI really need a camel toe?