Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Jul 30, 2021, 12:08 PM   #61
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Game pass delivers far more value than anything else out there.
Complaining about missing features that will be inevitably added soon is just childish. For the amount of money I pay for it and the games I end up playing and finishing the question of value is not even one to talk about.

As for this game. It has a positive start but really is a repetitive grind fest with uninteresting quests and fetch crap. For a free game I will finish and not complain so much but if I had to pay even the $30 asking price is a bit steep compared to say Ruiner which I got for free on Epic and IMO at least feels fresh.

Also I maybe facing some isometric fatigue as I started Torchlight 3, Darksiders Genesis and Ascent all at once and all on game pass and all for free lol.

Moving back to finish Halo Reach first .
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2021, 12:40 PM   #62
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Played some more, looks the game doesn't pre-cache effects, after you seen them once, the stutters go away.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2021, 01:19 PM   #63
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Game pass delivers far more value than anything else out there.
Complaining about missing features that will be inevitably added soon is just childish. For the amount of money I pay for it and the games I end up playing and finishing the question of value is not even one to talk about.
There's other reasons as to why Game Pass is not a good fit for me. If it works good for you that's wonderful, for you.

For one I simply don't have interest in playing enough of the games on there to justify the subscription model. Also, like streaming video services games can be removed from the service at any time. I quite often enjoy going back to games months or years after release and replay them. This is not something I could count on with a service like Game Pass. Then on top of that you have the issues with missing features and content, as well as inability to have access to game files for modding/tweaking and well, I think I will just steer clear. Its not like I can't afford just buying all the games I want to play anyways.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 30, 2021, 04:08 PM   #64
Jet Black
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

It's tough because Microsoft is being Microsoft but Game Pass is just too good for me. I'm playing games I likely would have avoided or not bothered trying if I had to risk buying them and then uninstalling. Currently Iron Harvest, Solasta and Yakuza 0. Plus my kids play lots of games on it too and if I had to buy all the **** they play for 30 minutes and then never touch again, I'd be broke lol.

WRT The Ascent, this also is a game I wouldn't have picked up and me saying it's fun and enjoyable likely has a lot to do with the fact that it came with my Game Pass subscription. I'm a bit annoyed because I have a friend who got it on Steam and I would have played online with him, but it's not a good enough game that I would buy it again for no reason just for that.

That said, why is it that "Cyberpunk" means red freaking menus? I like red, but it's pretty freaking red!
Jet Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2021, 05:31 PM   #65
xCLAVEx
Will not conform

xCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird sings

So there's no crossplay is there? Not even between gamepass and steam users?

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

"A man moaning in a pr0n sounds like a cow with a kidney stone."
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2021, 05:43 PM   #66
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCLAVEx View Post
So there's no crossplay is there? Not even between gamepass and steam users?

Quote:
The Ascent also supports cross-play between the the Xbox Series X|S and PC
https://www.gamerevolution.com/guide...orm-play-co-op

They seem to be different versions between gamepass and steam, and I'm guessing the gamepass version is compatible with xbox but steam version is not right now.
Old Jul 30, 2021, 05:44 PM   #67
Arioch
Radeon Northern Islands

Arioch once held a door open for a complete strangerArioch once held a door open for a complete strangerArioch once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
Played some more, looks the game doesn't pre-cache effects, after you seen them once, the stutters go away.
They should add a shader cache method similar to what is in Horizon Zero Dawn. Let it compile for the several minutes it takes whenever a new driver is installed and then be done with it.
Arioch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2021, 05:44 PM   #68
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Judgning from some of the reviews, it sounds like the game pass version has not actually been updated to the release version yet. Ive heard in reviews of the pre release pc version mentions of the exact things missing in the gae pass version.
Old Jul 30, 2021, 05:55 PM   #69
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Would i like this? Good SP?

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2021, 06:01 PM   #70
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

If you like Dual stick shooters you may. I think this game is probably best played with a buddy in coop though.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2021, 06:07 PM   #71
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Got it, TY.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2021, 06:10 PM   #72
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Would i like this? Good SP?

Pretty much Diablo 3 in Cyberpunk universe.
Old Jul 30, 2021, 10:27 PM   #73
Jaillum Malord
Simplify Mufugha

Jaillum Malord can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJaillum Malord can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I bought the Steam version because I did not like the feeling that I was playing something so unfinished (GP version), plus i wanted to throw money at the devs.

I know raytracing is working because it demolishes my frame rate at native resolution and i refuse to play an isometric view game with DLSS.

Found the culprit for the frame rate destroyer and that is reflections. With that off I stay well above 60fps so yep will be playing with that off. The SSR look nice anyway.

Jaillum Malord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2021, 11:18 PM   #74
xCLAVEx
Will not conform

xCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird sings

One thing I'm already getting annoyed with is that enemies often can shoot and kill you off screen.

EDIT: I also keep finding the same 4 guns over and over and I guess there are no stat differences? Not sure how loot works in this game.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

Old Jul 30, 2021, 11:36 PM   #75
Jet Black
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCLAVEx View Post
One thing I'm already getting annoyed with is that enemies often can shoot and kill you off screen.

EDIT: I also keep finding the same 4 guns over and over and I guess there are no stat differences? Not sure how loot works in this game.
You have an Ultrawide monitor? Although it says it supports 21:9 and above, it's actually Vert- so we are losing screen real-estate. Could explain the being shot from off camera thing. If you're not ultrawide, then I guess it's working as intended.
Old Jul 31, 2021, 12:27 AM   #76
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

There are bullet traces so not sure how you are unable to see that?
Also you can kill off enemies off screen as well. Especially helpful for those dreaded turrets.
Old Jul 31, 2021, 01:17 AM   #77
demo
space cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Black View Post
You have an Ultrawide monitor? Although it says it supports 21:9 and above, it's actually Vert- so we are losing screen real-estate. Could explain the being shot from off camera thing. If you're not ultrawide, then I guess it's working as intended.
Yep every aspect ratio seems to be losing real-estate compared to 5:4, because as you said it's vert-. In 5:4 and 16:10 I can see a lot more vertical real estate than 16:9.

5:4>16:10>16:9>21:9 in terms of vertical real-estate. Might just play this in 16:10 2560x1600 native with RT.
Old Jul 31, 2021, 01:50 AM   #78
KAC
It might be gays!

Best played on XSX.
Old Jul 31, 2021, 03:23 AM   #79
demo
space cadet

Old Jul 31, 2021, 05:19 AM   #80
xCLAVEx
Will not conform

I dropped it to dx11 as dx12 is too wildly inconsistent in fps.

~George Carlin

Old Jul 31, 2021, 10:29 AM   #81
KAC
It might be gays!

Loving it so far. Hit the node and now searching for some scientists. I really don’t know wtf I am doing and just skipping all story and killing stuff. The game world is downright beautiful and even with RTX off there are enough reflections and lighting that looks amazing on the XSX with 65 inches of OLED goodness.

Beautiful game. Even though it is pretty monotonous but the environment changes are good enough to keep playing. Soundtrack is dope as well.
Old Jul 31, 2021, 11:13 AM   #82
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I don't think this game deserves the diablo comparisons, this seems like a game that you finish once and then you are done with it since there is no loot grind loop.

Perfect for gamepass in other words!
Old Jul 31, 2021, 12:03 PM   #83
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Yeah I dont see this as a diablo like game at all. The only real similarities is you pick up stuff and its isometric view.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2021, 12:30 PM   #84
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Who was saying it was a diablo like game? none of the reviews or anything i saw said that.

If i was gonna say it was like something, it would like the old alien shooter games, or shadowground. Or Crusader No remorse.
Old Jul 31, 2021, 01:09 PM   #85
switchAMG
FCK TRMP

switchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Grabbed it yesterday -- played for a few hours. Really fun, and gets challenging quick. Art, music, design all fantastic.

Only gripe is it would be nice to rotate and zoom camera as often you cannot see what is coming at you until its too late.
Old Jul 31, 2021, 01:47 PM   #86
Jet Black
Radeon Volcanic Islands

I've seen this, but haven't been willing to run a third-party executable. Was hoping the devs would fix it on their own.

Quote:
Perfect for gamepass in other words!
Absolutely! I'm going to play through this and move on. It doesn't have the loot hunting or character progression a Diablo has. It's a fun romp while it lasts, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Yeah I dont see this as a diablo like game at all. The only real similarities is you pick up stuff and its isometric view.
Any of you play an old Origin game called Crusader: No Remorse? I loved that game as a kid and I've seen numerous references comparing The Ascent to it. Definitely not deep enough to be a twin-stick Diablo. Oddly playing The Ascent got me to reinstall Ruiner, which I only put about 90 minutes into. That games pretty fun too, and also super red.
Old Jul 31, 2021, 04:59 PM   #87
demo
space cadet

Here's another method Jet Black:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=2561425482

Quote:
I don't think this game deserves the diablo comparisons
Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
Who was saying it was a diablo like game?
It's close enough to being Cyberpunk Diablo for me. But I'm not a Diablo aficionado.
Old Jul 31, 2021, 05:12 PM   #88
xCLAVEx
Will not conform

Exactly my thoughts too, this game reminds me more of Crusader than Diablo.

~George Carlin

Old Jul 31, 2021, 07:09 PM   #89
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
Here's another method Jet Black:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=2561425482

It's close enough to being Cyberpunk Diablo for me. But I'm not a Diablo aficionado.
I could have guessed. This game has like a single thing in common with diablo, and even then its different, and thats the isometic view.
Old Jul 31, 2021, 07:25 PM   #90
Mangler
PC

This game has something in common with that other cyberpunk game, bugs.

It's kind of funny when the game feels like spawning two or three extra bosses, or when it doesn't spawn them at all.