Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Sep 15, 2020, 07:25 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Default LG Wing, what a strange phone

Does anyone want this?

Old Sep 15, 2020, 09:23 PM   #2
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Why would anyone want this? I'd sooner own a Blackberry...
Elysian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2020, 06:43 AM   #3
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I guess they are going for a tablet in a phone size which is fine but to me it looks like just as much long distance finger work, which is annoyingly too much.

They need to put a scroll and full touch pad like functionality in the bottom screen to control the top screen IMO. Like a laptop in other words.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 16, 2020, 08:02 PM   #4
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Took me a long time to figure out WTF I was looking at.

I like it. This is a phone I would buy if I actually used my phone for all of these things it advertises. Inexplicably, what isn't shown on LG's official Wing site is that you can actually type **** without your keyboard blocking half your screen.

Looks impossible to get a protective case on it without killing the Wing, but I can attest to the LG V20's durability as I've had it for three years without a case; no real damage after a number of hard drops (but nothing ridiculous).

It is also because of the V20 that I doubt the usefulness of the Wing because LG is horrible at supporting their own products. The 2nd screen on the V20 could be a lot more than it is, but it isn't.
Crawdaddy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2020, 06:00 AM   #5
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

no thanks, i'll pass

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape" *Sir Terry Pratchett*

Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2020, 07:55 AM   #6
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Imagine dropping that thing and the whole wing breaks right off
Elysian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2020, 04:13 AM   #7
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
Imagine dropping that thing and the whole wing breaks right off
maybe it just flies around like a paperplane....

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape" *Sir Terry Pratchett*

Old Sep 18, 2020, 08:41 AM   #8
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

SELFIE STICK PHONE!!!

Without the stick......
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6ghz
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
2 x 8GB G-Skill DDR4 2666
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition headset
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2020, 05:01 PM   #9
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
Why would anyone want this? I'd sooner own a Blackberry...
ms flight simulator 2020
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2020, 04:49 PM   #10
MyTMouse
Console Forumas Modamus

MyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

I think it looks kinda cool and there's a lot of possibilities for it.

Don't know how durable it'll be but I'll give it a
MyTMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2020, 07:31 PM   #11
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyTMouse View Post
I think it looks kinda cool and there's a lot of possibilities for it.

Don't know how durable it'll be but I'll give it a
Androidauthority seems to see some potential in it.

Funny thing is, looking at images of how they're using the second screen, I could see getting some use out of it too.

I'd probably break it in about 1 week though.
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2020, 09:44 AM   #12
MyTMouse
Console Forumas Modamus

MyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Apparently it's tested for some 200,000 swings but I could see some young people with ADHD going through that in less than a year
Old Sep 22, 2020, 01:19 PM   #13
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyTMouse View Post
Apparently it's tested for some 200,000 swings but I could see some young people with ADHD going through that in less than a year
Yet it would probably outlast me
Old Sep 23, 2020, 06:21 AM   #14
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
Yet it would probably outlast me
So, you are a professional swinger then, Lazy?

Old Sep 23, 2020, 02:08 PM   #15
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-Runner View Post
So, you are a professional swinger then, Lazy?
wait what!?!
Old Sep 23, 2020, 03:35 PM   #16
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Default i'll see myself out

Quote:
wait what!?!
well, you said it would outlast you, so you must be some kind of professional swinger then

Old Sep 23, 2020, 03:46 PM   #17
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
well, you said it would outlast you, so you must be some kind of professional swinger then
I never claimed to be a professional
Old Sep 24, 2020, 02:45 AM   #18
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Quote:
I never claimed to be a professional
nah, it's ok, just pulling yer leg, old man

Old Sep 24, 2020, 08:13 AM   #19
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
nah, it's ok, just pulling yer leg, old man
Oh I know - was having fun with it too lol.
Old Sep 24, 2020, 08:20 AM   #20
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

That's not his leg.
Old Sep 24, 2020, 09:14 AM   #21
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdaddy79 View Post
That's not his leg.
pssssht, don't tell him

Old Sep 24, 2020, 10:01 PM   #22
Renocide
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Renocide is still being judged by the masses

Dec. 17th.

I hate waiting.

There should be some rule that you can't announce something unless it's 2 weeks out and your ready to start taking pre-orders.
Renocide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2020, 04:42 AM   #23
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renocide View Post
Dec. 17th.

I hate waiting.

There should be some rule that you can't announce something unless it's 2 weeks out and your ready to start taking pre-orders.
you really wanna buy that ... thing?

Old Sep 25, 2020, 06:40 AM   #24
Renocide
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Quote:
you really wanna buy that ... thing?
Dude...you TURN THE SCREEN SIDEWAYS. How do you resist that?

Oh yeah.

I'm crazy.

I bought a Palm Pre when it was released...

Loved it.

Old Sep 25, 2020, 07:08 AM   #25
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

ok, why not get this one too?

Old Sep 25, 2020, 07:30 AM   #26
Renocide
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Quote:
ok, why not get this one too?

That's not a phone.
Old Sep 25, 2020, 07:55 AM   #27
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Quote:
Dude...you TURN THE SCREEN SIDEWAYS. How do you resist that?

Oh yeah.

I'm crazy.

I bought a Palm Pre when it was released...

Loved it.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/QVoD1Q3.jpg [/i mg]
I had the Blackberry Torch as a corporate phone... very similar to that in design. It was a hand-me-down from one of the high-maintenance engineers that quit. It was pretty great. I miss tactile keyboards.

The lack of headphone jack bothers me with the Wing. I'm willing to eschew my user-replaceable battery standard for a modern phone but I don't think I'm ready to ditch the ability to plug in my very nice earbuds without a dongle that will get lost.
Old Sep 25, 2020, 12:54 PM   #28
MyTMouse
Console Forumas Modamus

Subscriber

Quote:
Dec. 17th.

I hate waiting.

You'll have to let us know what you think when you get it
Old Sep 25, 2020, 02:50 PM   #29
Lazy8s
One day at a time

A review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxGI8r8vAFk

edit: I kind of like it....
Old Sep 26, 2020, 09:23 AM   #30
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Quote:
That's not a phone.
oh, really?