Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Oct 13, 2020, 01:09 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Default Apple iPhone 12 Pro 5G

Amazing product and pricing. Wow.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2020, 01:09 PM   #2
ElBerryKM13
Radeon Evergreen

ElBerryKM13 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyElBerryKM13 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Bummer the pro max is releasing next month. Will upgrade from my iphone 8 plus
ElBerryKM13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2020, 04:52 PM   #3
Cyko
Your New Lord

Cyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

The wife and I got the pro (in blue), not the pro max. I have an XS Max now and the thing barely fits in my pocket as it is. The new one is 1/4 inch bigger. No thanks.

Arrives the week of Nov 3rd. The beginning of November is going to be a tech bonanza. First the phone, then two new consoles. Exciting!

Alpha
| Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |

Cyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 17, 2020, 05:37 PM   #4
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Ordering the pro max once it hits. Its the top end model even compared to the smaller 12 pro. Smaller 12 pro doesnt have the sensor shift stabilization and a slightly less zoom.

Going pacific blue.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2020, 06:14 PM   #5
dodger
Doggy

dodger can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultydodger can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

iphone7 battery still at 89% life and with the pandemic killing travel (and pictures) I think I'll see about eeking out another year with it. If I had to buy this year I'm seriously considering the mini model since it's smaller than my current phone which has slightly cramped my style.
dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2020, 08:52 PM   #6
Cynicalking
who

Cynicalking once held a door open for a complete strangerCynicalking once held a door open for a complete strangerCynicalking once held a door open for a complete strangerCynicalking once held a door open for a complete stranger

While it would be nice to get a new phone, I haven't feel the need to upgrade in quite a while. Phones have gotten so good that an "old" iPhone X works great for me, and when I mention to my wife if she wants a new phone, she tells me the Oneplus 6 she's using is just fine as it is.
Cynicalking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2020, 08:53 PM   #7
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

is there news that trading in an old iphone will garner massive discounts? is this true? a relative told me.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2020, 09:09 PM   #8
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
is there news that trading in an old iphone will garner massive discounts? is this true? a relative told me.

Depends on your carrier.

Old Oct 17, 2020, 09:11 PM   #9
ElBerryKM13
Radeon Evergreen

ElBerryKM13 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyElBerryKM13 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyko View Post
The wife and I got the pro (in blue), not the pro max. I have an XS Max now and the thing barely fits in my pocket as it is. The new one is 1/4 inch bigger. No thanks.

Arrives the week of Nov 3rd. The beginning of November is going to be a tech bonanza. First the phone, then two new consoles. Exciting!
Don't forget new amd gpu and cpu
ElBerryKM13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2020, 01:52 AM   #10
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

I want the new Pro, I have a XS MAX 512GB, though this time I might just shove all my pictures in the cloud and get 256GB.

However I don't see much need for it at the moment, my wife is using my old Samsung 8+ and even that is working fine at the moment.

We shall see...
Old Oct 18, 2020, 06:18 AM   #11
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Think I will skip this gen and go for iPhone 13 pro max bitch pumping edition.
Old Oct 18, 2020, 12:10 PM   #12
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

you guys are insane, 1300 bucks for a friggin mobile, really?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape" *Sir Terry Pratchett*

Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2020, 12:18 PM   #13
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-Runner View Post

People pay more for a 3090. I use my phone way more than I use any other device that I have. My camera roll on my phone holds pictures from 2008 til now. Better cameras and just faster technology is always a good thing.

Not to mention Diable Immortal should come out this year

Old Oct 18, 2020, 01:27 PM   #14
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

The profit margins they make off these phones are insane
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2020, 01:43 PM   #15
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Especially the artificial limitations they make, 4K30fps for non pro phones, when they all use the same CPU's etc
Old Oct 18, 2020, 02:17 PM   #16
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

well att will give me 800 for my 11 so i may do it for 5g and hope it gets better fast

and since i mount the thing to my bike so i don't think i want the fancy pro camera to get damaged by vibration

but would like the 512gb but i am around 135gb usage now so sticking to 256gb should be ok
bill dennison is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2020, 02:32 PM   #17
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
Especially the artificial limitations they make, 4K30fps for non pro phones, when they all use the same CPU's etc
Pro has 6gb ram vs 4 for non pro. But 11s have 4gb and can do 4k60. It's all about upselling though for sure.

Old Oct 18, 2020, 02:57 PM   #18
Cyko
Your New Lord

Cyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Well yes, I am insane. Check the username

I spend very little money on anything non tech related these days. Pay all the bills, invest a little, put some in savings/retirement, and then the rest is fun money.

Alpha
| Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |

Old Oct 18, 2020, 04:43 PM   #19
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Any compelling reason to go from an 11 non pro to a 12 non pro? The wife is perfectly happy with her 11, heck she loves the thing, but the Holidays are usually new tech time for us. It'll either be a 12, or a new ipad. For perspective, her current ipad is an original, 1st gen Air and it still works perfectly lol.
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2020, 05:35 PM   #20
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyko View Post
Well yes, I am insane. Check the username

I spend very little money on anything non tech related these days. Pay all the bills, invest a little, put some in savings/retirement, and then the rest is fun money.
of course you are But hey, don't get me wrong, it's your (more or less) hard earned money, so go for it.

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape" *Sir Terry Pratchett*

Old Oct 19, 2020, 08:47 AM   #21
A2597
A Peculiar Person

A2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
Any compelling reason to go from an 11 non pro to a 12 non pro? The wife is perfectly happy with her 11, heck she loves the thing, but the Holidays are usually new tech time for us. It'll either be a 12, or a new ipad. For perspective, her current ipad is an original, 1st gen Air and it still works perfectly lol.
ipad, workes perfectly sure, but the new ones are *much* faster, and support apple pencil.

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.
1 Peter 2:9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
:heart: I took a few weeks off, but Rage is like a home away from home.
A2597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2020, 06:58 AM   #22
Kain
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Kain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwards

I'm still on an iPhone 6s with 77% battery health.
Intel Core i7-3930K | Corsair Hydro Series H100i PRO | GIGABYTE GA-X79-UD3 | 16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3 2133 MHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING | Creative Sound Blaster AE-9 | Crucial m4 256 GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2 TB | Pioneer BDR-206DBK | EVGA SuperNOVA 850 P2 | Corsair Obsidian Series 650D | ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | 2 x JBL LSR305 + 1 x JBL LSR310S | Microsoft SideWinder X4 | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | SteelSeries QcK mini | Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Kain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2020, 01:07 PM   #23
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2597 View Post
ipad, workes perfectly sure, but the new ones are *much* faster, and support apple pencil.
True lol.
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2020, 01:08 PM   #24
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kain View Post
I'm still on an iPhone 6s with 77% battery health.
ME TOO!!!

The only thing i need to upgrade my phone is capacity, i have 32gb and i could use more.

Ive no real need for anything newer other than the shiny new toy syndrome.

Also i dont like the face ID style (prefer the touch ID) of the newer Iphones so the absolute "newest" iphone i'd get would be the Iphone SE2 since it uses the older design of the 6, 7, 8 generations.
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6ghz
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
2 x 8GB G-Skill DDR4 2666
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition headset
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2020, 01:05 AM   #25
KAC
It might be gays!

Thinking about upgrading to iPhone 12 Pro even though I don't need it. I think I have just truly gone stupid now.
Old Oct 22, 2020, 10:40 AM   #26
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
I think I have just truly gone stupid now.

Old Oct 22, 2020, 01:01 PM   #27
Cyko
Your New Lord

Quote:
of course you are But hey, don't get me wrong, it's your (more or less) hard earned money, so go for it.
Love the “more or less” bit. It’s all mine unless we get a divorce. No joint bank accounts, etc. and for all intents and purposes are financially separate. Mind you I pay for LITERALLY everything (bills/expenses related). The only thing she’s responsible for are her “fun” purchases (shoes, clothes, etc.).

The big driver is I wanted a slightly smaller phone than the XS Max I currently have but with better capabilities. Not really into Android devices so I skipped the 11 generation and will hopefully be pleased with this one. We lease the phones, so it’s not an immediate $2000+ purchase.

Alpha

Omega

Old Oct 22, 2020, 02:14 PM   #28
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

same here (more or less), buddy. As being said, go for it. For me it's still an insane amount of money for something like this, that's all i wanted to point out.

Old Oct 22, 2020, 03:42 PM   #29
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
same here (more or less), buddy. As being said, go for it. For me it's still an insane amount of money for something like this, that's all i wanted to point out.
Not really all that different than spending absurd amounts of money for PC parts or a gaming console.

Of course the apple tax doubles the usual cost.
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6ghz
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
2 x 8GB G-Skill DDR4 2666
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition headset
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2020, 06:13 PM   #30
Cyko
Your New Lord

Arrow

Quote:
I hear you buddy, and agree completely. I get miniaturization costs R&D dollars, but no way in hell is any current smartphone worth $1300. My out of pocket is $40’ish a month for leasing the thing...I think. Something like that. I get it partially subsidized through work (they pay most of the bill).

I miss the old Nokia candy bar phone that you could buy at a gas station for like $20.

Alpha

Omega