Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Feb 14, 2010, 09:50 PM   #1531
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
pahncrd
Stranger in a Strange LAN

pahncrd is still being judged by the masses

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIrPauly View Post
Thank you, very much appreciated!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtabs View Post
Yes, cheers for that.
The screenshots don't really do it justice, but you can get an idea of how cool it looks.
pahncrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2010, 10:00 PM   #1532
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwards

Cursed Mountain is perfect in stereoscopic 3D. This game is a hybrid third-person shooter/adventure game that was once a Wii exclusive, now released for PC. Nice setting, lots of innovative mouse use (wiggling mouse in certain patterns for mantras and chants to capture/banish ghosts), and a decent, short game to play in between those other major releases (waiting for 3D patch for Bioshock 2 and Mass Effect 2 )

More screenshots:
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n47/CSammy/cm2.jpg
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n47/CSammy/cm5.jpg
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n47/CSammy/cm6.jpg
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n47/CSammy/cm7.jpg

Last edited by Exposed : Feb 14, 2010 at 10:05 PM.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2010, 05:36 AM   #1533
lumpyhed
Radeon Arctic Islands

lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

That game scared me enough not to go back to it..
lumpyhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 15, 2010, 08:44 AM   #1534
pahncrd

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpyhed View Post
That game scared me enough not to go back to it..
Seriously?
Old Feb 15, 2010, 09:50 AM   #1535
lumpyhed
Radeon Arctic Islands

lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Its thems jumpy bits
lumpyhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2010, 09:51 AM   #1536
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

SIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Pretty interesting video on an editorial style history view on 3d stereo from MTBS3d. There are some good points in there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9-wU...ayer_embedded#

The proprietary points were fine and very fair to address, but I think the key is the work that nVidia does to enhance Stereo3d from a developing point-of-view for their proprietary solution, marketing and over-all awareness has a direct benefit for all solutions that offer Stereo3d though. Don't understand his thinking too much on the Convergence.

Pretty balanced view from Neil offering pros and cons from his unique perspective.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 03:27 PM   #1537
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Panasonic launches BT-3DL2550 25.5-inch 3D IPS
http://www.engadget.com/2010/02/16/p...itor-breaks-y/

bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2010, 04:07 PM   #1538
bigtabs
is a happy chappy

bigtabs is still being judged by the masses

If I was a rich man... der de diddle diddle der de diddle diddle diddle der

Ah.. no light loss and no ghosting... sigh. To be truly great though it would need to be 50" +, but would be perfect for a desktop.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 04:09 PM   #1539
pahncrd

Subscriber

Quote:
If I was a rich man... der de diddle diddle der de diddle diddle diddle der

Ah.. no light loss and no ghosting... sigh. To be truly great though it would need to be 50" +, but would be perfect for a desktop.
Indeed, but I think at this point, I would rather get three really nice DLP projectors for less money.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 04:11 PM   #1540
bigtabs
is a happy chappy

mmm.. wonder if the nvidia drivers support two projectors (one for each eye) then we could have our own polarized setup?

I've just found out I'm going to be a pappy though, so no toys for me for the next 21 years lol. We should have holodeck v3 by then though.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 04:14 PM   #1541
pahncrd

Subscriber

Quote:
mmm.. wonder if the nvidia drivers support two projectors (one for each eye) then we could have our own polarized setup?

I've just found out I'm going to be a pappy though, so no toys for me for the next 21 years lol. We should have holodeck v3 by then though.
It's all about priorities, I buy the family generic food so I can afford my gaming hobby ().

BTW CONGRATULATIONS!! Hopefully they bring you as much joy and terror as my rugrats have brought me.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 04:16 PM   #1542
bigtabs
is a happy chappy

Yeah less of the terror thanks!

big LOL @ generic food..
Old Feb 16, 2010, 04:24 PM   #1543
pahncrd

Subscriber

Quote:
Yeah less of the terror thanks!
Yeah, good luck with that!
Old Feb 16, 2010, 04:24 PM   #1544
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

SIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:

Congratulations! I wonder what the battles for gaming experiences will be in 21 years? Will there be an actual cure for the ATI vs nVidia paradox syndrome?!
Old Feb 16, 2010, 04:27 PM   #1545
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

the heck with screens just go to Direct Retinal Projection
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2010, 04:38 PM   #1546
bigtabs
is a happy chappy

Where would be the best place to put in a request for a feature for future nVidia (stereo) drivers?

What I would like to have is the ability to automatically set desktop colour (that's color for you American noobs) to a predefined 'stereo' configuration. I like my digital vibrance whacked up to a certain amount and the gamma lowered slightly.. but only in stereo. Does wonders for the IQ.

Would be nice to have a focus group person who dealt specifically with stereo.
Old Feb 17, 2010, 06:05 AM   #1547
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

Hardocp has a preview, which touches on Stereoscopic support in ATI's drivers and another example of the industry behind Stereo3d.

Quote:
One new feature being added in Catalyst 10.3 is 3D Stereoscopic support for 3rd party middleware vendors. This may or may not be a big feature you are interested in, but with all the talk about 3D Stereoscopic gaming from NVIDIA, AMD is chiming in. AMD will support 3rd party vendors, and no one specific standard, but rather an open standard that middleware vendors will have access to.
http://hardocp.com/article/2010/02/1..._103_preview/2
Old Feb 17, 2010, 06:33 AM   #1548
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandtech
0.3: Stereo Driver Hooks & Final Thoughts

The last feature making its appearance in next month’s Catalyst 10.3 drivers will be the inclusion of some underlying hooks in the drivers for 3rd party 3D display hardware. AMD hasn’t been completely ignoring NVIDIA’s success with 3DVision, and while they’re not getting directly in to the 3D arena like NVIDIA has, they’re going to be providing the tools for 3rd parties to get in if they want to.

The big change here is that they’re going to provide driver hooks for 3rd party products to use to improve and simplify the operation of those products. One example AMD is throwing out is that their drivers will now be able to do quad buffering so that 3D products can double-buffer each eye separately. These hooks will also allow the hardware to output stereo images at 120Hz similar to how NVIDIA implements 3DVision, so that each eye can be offered images at 60Hz without needing to use a more esoteric solution such as iZ3D’s double-DVI setup.

Our expectation here is that with these new hooks a 3rd party will offer a 3DVision-like kit utilizing shutter glasses and a 120Hz monitor, although the quad buffer changes in particular are rather generic and can be used (not to mention necessary ) for any other form of 3D technology that takes off. Nothing has been announced yet, but it’s likely only a matter of time.
http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=3743&p=6
Old Feb 17, 2010, 06:42 AM   #1549
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomshardware
3D Stereoscopic Driver Hooks: This is ATI’s first driver to support stereoscopic technology, though third-party vendors like iZ3D have worked with the company’s cards for years. ATI says its Direct3D driver is now able to output stereo images at 120 Hz—a capability that it didn’t have before. But because Nvidia has the dominant momentum in this segment (which seemed to really generate excitement at CES), ATI is undoubtedly anxious to get its own implementation off the ground. Consider Catalyst 10.3 the groundwork; there’s really nothing else to show off or discuss at this point.
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...on,2559-2.html
Old Feb 17, 2010, 07:00 AM   #1550
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

An official driver feature PR release from AMD touches on Stereo3d:

http://en.ocworkbench.com/tech/amd-d...ty-technology/

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMD
Enabling the 3D ecosystem: AMD is enabling third-party middleware vendors to bring more 3D stereoscopic gaming options to consumers by allowing for independent left and right images at 120 Hz.
This is really nice to see, what seems like the entire industry is finally moving to 3d stereo choice for the consumer. Now, with all this chaos, hehe, but at least potential choices -- everyone may eventually come together and hopefully standards may be formed to benefit developers and consumers.
Old Feb 17, 2010, 07:09 AM   #1551
bigtabs
is a happy chappy

That is great news. Been wanting this since my first stereo gaming experiences 6-7 years ago. It's about damned time! Have to give props to nVidia for being in it for the long haul, though some will surely be taken away for making us wait so long.

I think nV always had stereo as a pushable feature for when times got a bit rough. Luckilly for them the stereo industry was gaining momentum at the same time nV had some hard times and needed something to set it apart.

I could have gone with a 5 series ATI card to replace my 4870 and gained DX11. Instead I bought a card that is comparable to the 4870 and even went down a DX revision from 10.1 to 10. Lets face it though, at the moment what can I play that uses 11 or even 10.1? Stereo works in the majority of my games right now. Easiest choice ever.

I hope ATI get in the game quick so I'm not limited to buying nV for the next few years.

Last edited by bigtabs : Feb 17, 2010 at 07:12 AM.
bigtabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2010, 08:53 AM   #1552
pahncrd

Subscriber

Quote:
That is great news. Been wanting this since my first stereo gaming experiences 6-7 years ago. It's about damned time! Have to give props to nVidia for being in it for the long haul, though some will surely be taken away for making us wait so long.

I think nV always had stereo as a pushable feature for when times got a bit rough. Luckilly for them the stereo industry was gaining momentum at the same time nV had some hard times and needed something to set it apart.

I could have gone with a 5 series ATI card to replace my 4870 and gained DX11. Instead I bought a card that is comparable to the 4870 and even went down a DX revision from 10.1 to 10. Lets face it though, at the moment what can I play that uses 11 or even 10.1? Stereo works in the majority of my games right now. Easiest choice ever.

I hope ATI get in the game quick so I'm not limited to buying nV for the next few years.
Old Feb 17, 2010, 09:24 AM   #1553
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

Can't express how much I enjoyed this question and answer:

Quote:
Elite Bastards: Enabling stereoscopic 3D support seems like an exciting step forward in these days of everyone raving about Avatar - Has this been developed on account of interest from third-parties about creating products which work on ATI graphics solutions, or simply something that's been added in "just in case"?

Terry Makedon: While I personally have never been a fan of 3D stereo gaming (which is nothing new – it has been around for over a decade), the big push in the consumer industry with Hollywood, TV makers, and content providers is amazing. At CES this year in Las Vegas, it seemed that every single booth had 3D glasses in them and the industry seems to be very consolidated in trying to push 3D stereo to consumers. Even we had 2 demos one for gaming and one for 3D stereo bluray. Technically supporting stereo 3D is not that difficult, so our view is we will enable 3rd party vendors to provide solutions to our users.
http://www.elitebastards.com/index.p...iews&Itemid=29
Old Feb 17, 2010, 09:41 AM   #1554
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

Let's hope this is accurate:

Quote:
Perhaps the most interested in supporting my Vision 3D, stereoscopic display as Metro looks absolutely luxurious. Personally, I ranked among the 2033 Metro top3 games support 3D stereo. 4A Games is used highly detailed textures, which still stand out with 3D Vision. Some areas are closed for Metro in 2033 and 3D Vision literally breathtaking.
http://translate.google.com/translat...3/&sl=cs&tl=en
Old Feb 17, 2010, 09:43 AM   #1555
pahncrd

Subscriber

Quote:
Eh, 3d support will probably be borked for three months as we wait for nV to release a profile.
Old Feb 17, 2010, 09:47 AM   #1556
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

Probably but more being pro-active from other companies with stereo3d with developers would be very welcomed. The glasses and the drivers may be proprietary from nVidia but the work to help address Stereo3d's limitations with developers helps all Stereo3d owners.
Old Feb 17, 2010, 10:28 AM   #1557
taz291819
Radeon Northern Islands

taz291819 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Can't express how much I enjoyed this question and answer:

http://www.elitebastards.com/index.p...iews&Itemid=29
I don't quite understand exactly what this means. They specifically mentioned iz3d, but iz3d drivers already work with ATI cards, so what's the big deal about this?
Old Feb 17, 2010, 10:46 AM   #1558
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

Didn't read anything IZ3d in that interview.

ATI is going to offer more tools to allow middleware providers to interact with Radeon and ATI's drivers for things like 3d ready displays and 120hz content that we are slowly seeing.

It helps pave the way for solutions like Bitcauldron's 3d glasses:

http://www.bitcauldron.com/
Old Feb 17, 2010, 01:58 PM   #1559
taz291819
Radeon Northern Islands

taz291819 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Didn't read anything IZ3d in that interview.

ATI is going to offer more tools to allow middleware providers to interact with Radeon and ATI's drivers for things like 3d ready displays and 120hz content that we are slowly seeing.

It helps pave the way for solutions like Bitcauldron's 3d glasses:

http://www.bitcauldron.com/
Sorry, iz3d was mentioned in this article:
http://www.pcworld.com/article/18952..._features.html

And I don't see how it paves the way for solutions like Bit Cauldron. If Bit Cauldron released their glasses and emitters right now, they would work just fine with iz3d's drivers, no need to wait on Cat 10.3.

I don't know, it almost just sounds like a press release for something iz3d is already doing.
Old Feb 17, 2010, 07:20 PM   #1560
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by taz291819 View Post
Sorry, iz3d was mentioned in this article:
http://www.pcworld.com/article/18952..._features.html

And I don't see how it paves the way for solutions like Bit Cauldron. If Bit Cauldron released their glasses and emitters right now, they would work just fine with iz3d's drivers, no need to wait on Cat 10.3.

I don't know, it almost just sounds like a press release for something iz3d is already doing.
It's more marketing than anything. IZ3D already has shutter glass support for ATI on DLP 3D TV's. ATI basically can do nothing if they wanted, but without some kind of partnership with IZ3D, I doubt IZ3D would have gone the extra mile to support shutter glasses on the PC in which whose sales they make no money from.

By the way, it's the middle of February 2010 and still no DirectX 10 support from IZ3D. I wonder how long they will take with DX11. Oops, sorry no tesselation and hardware physics for you lucky 5xxx Radeon owners. Can't wait to see how much of cluster***** this dependance on (not one, but several) third party vendors just to support 120hz stereoscopic gaming on ATI cards comes about.

Last edited by Exposed : Feb 17, 2010 at 07:29 PM.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote