Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Jan 11, 2021, 06:49 PM   #1501
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
First time I've had any issues with (what I suspect) an NV driver in what literally feels like at least a decade; 461.09, the latest WHQL, started giving me crashes in COD Cold War. I set the card to stock, and still got a DirectX fail. I've played over 20 hours of COD prior to installing this driver and never had a crash with the card OC'd.

I just reverted back to 460.97 (the last hotfix), and I'll see if it continues. Nothing has changed in my system since I moved from 460.97 to 461.09.

This feel so foreign to me. I haven't had to diagnose a crashing issue in so many years .. crazy!
DDU and re-install the driver.
Intel Core i9 10900K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus XII Apex, GSkill Trident-Z Royal DDR4 3200MHz 32GB CAS11, EVGA FTW3 3080Ti Sixtuple SLI KAC Edition, Creative Labs SXFI Theater, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Hapatingjaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2021, 06:57 PM   #1502
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

I always DDU before a driver install. Been playing Cold WR since I made that post and no crashes. I can confirm it was the driver.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2021, 04:29 PM   #1503
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Hotfix 461.33

Quote:
Fixed Issues

Adobe Premiere Pro may freeze when using Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration (CUDA) [3230997/200686504]
[461.09] NVIDIA Broadcast Camera filter may hang. [200691869]
[Steam VR game]: Stuttering and lagging occur upon launching a game (Without using any Hardware monitoring tool). [3152190]
[Detroit: Become Human]: The game randomly crashes. [3203114]
[NVENC] Colors of webcam video image on receiving end of Zoom may appear incorrect [3205912]
[Assassin’s Creed Valhalla] Game may randomly crash after extended gameplay [200679654]
[X4: Foundations][Vulkan]: The game may crash on GeForce RTX 30 series GPUs. [3220107]
[X4: Foundations][Vulkan]: HUD in the game is broken. [3169099]
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 20, 2021, 04:30 PM   #1504
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

I'll try it after I wipe Windows in the next few min.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Old Jan 21, 2021, 01:05 AM   #1505
CyanBlues
Radeon Southern Islands

CyanBlues once held a door open for a complete strangerCyanBlues once held a door open for a complete strangerCyanBlues once held a door open for a complete strangerCyanBlues once held a door open for a complete stranger

hopefully this fixes vr issue they been having for the last 9months
Old Jan 21, 2021, 08:08 AM   #1506
jimjobob
Radeon Volcanic Islands

jimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
Hotfix 461.33
Came back to Valhalla after Cyberpunk and it was now crashing on me. Installed the hotfix and it now crashes even faster.
jimjobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2021, 09:57 AM   #1507
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Clownies

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Ti's strange because I got no crashes before or after the hotfix. Wonder what's the differentiator that some get it and some don't.
Old Jan 21, 2021, 03:02 PM   #1508
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
Ti's strange because I got no crashes before or after the hotfix. Wonder what's the differentiator that some get it and some don't.
No clue. I posted about the 461.09 causing crashes for me in COD. I'm about to test this 461.33, but I'm on a new platform (9900K before, now a 10900K), so I can't really do an apples-to-apples comparison.

I heard that the new security stuff in the NV driver may be exposing some unstable overclocks, but I don't really believe that as my 9900K was running that same OC for over a year, and it wasn't even pushed very hard. I was running 5Ghz with low voltage, when the chip could easily do 5.2Ghz if I cranked it up.

Meh. I believe it's just a compatibility thing, and probably related to the new security stuff.
Old Jan 21, 2021, 03:03 PM   #1509
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjobob View Post
Came back to Valhalla after Cyberpunk and it was now crashing on me. Installed the hotfix and it now crashes even faster.
You’re welcome...

Old Jan 21, 2021, 03:45 PM   #1510
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

LordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ATI Technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapatingjaky View Post
DDU and re-install the driver.
No problems for me with 461.09 WHQL driver but all my rig is at stock, no over clocks. Play a lot of COD CW and not a single BSOD or crash. Not bothering updating to new hot fix driver as I don't play any of them games it fixes.

BTW having been an AMD GPU owner for the last decade all I heard (and I agreed sometimes) were AMD drivers are crap and Nvidia are excellent. Maybe that was part of Donald's fake news
Ryzen 7 3800X, ASUS Prime X470 Pro, KFA2 RTX 3090 SG, 16GB Crucial DDR4 LPX 3000 Ram, iiyama G-Master GB3466WQSU 3440x1440 freesync 144hz, 250gb Samsung SSD, 750mb Seagate SSHD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda H/D, 1 TB Samsung H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
LordHawkwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2021, 04:53 PM   #1511
Nunz
RIP Roxen

NV drivers are excellent, especially for stability. One driver that causes issues for a small sect of people (me included) does not change that fact.

Update: Played COD:CW and AC:Valhalla for a few hours today, with a +45 OC (used to only be able to do +30 without crashes) and it ran perfect; not a single issue. Either the new platform, a fresh windows install, or the 461.33 driver corrected the issues I had with the 461.09 driver.

Last edited by Nunz : Jan 22, 2021 at 12:02 AM.
Old Jan 22, 2021, 02:52 PM   #1512
jimjobob
Radeon Volcanic Islands

jimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete stranger

I had just installed over the old driver because it was a “hot fix”. Did a clean install and left it up for several hours w/o issue.
jimjobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2021, 03:04 PM   #1513
Megaman
Packing heat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjobob View Post
I had just installed over the old driver because it was a “hot fix”. Did a clean install and left it up for several hours w/o issue.
You’re welcome...

Old Jan 22, 2021, 03:11 PM   #1514
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

The only issue I am currently having is in WoW:Shadowlands with flickering textures and or Shadows. Blizz has already stated its an engine issue they are working on.

Otherwise I've always used DDU, for Intel, AMD and Nvidia without issue.
Intel Core i9 10900K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus XII Apex, GSkill Trident-Z Royal DDR4 3200MHz 32GB CAS11, EVGA FTW3 3080Ti Sixtuple SLI KAC Edition, Creative Labs SXFI Theater, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Old Jan 26, 2021, 04:44 PM   #1515
Megaman
Packing heat!

461.40 is out.

Quote:
[X4: Foundations][Vulkan]: The game may crash on GeForce RTX 30 series GPUs. [3220107]
[X4: Foundations][Vulkan]: HUD in the game is broken. [3169099]
[Resident Evil 2 Remake/Devil May Cry V] Games which used the RE2 engine may crash in DirectX 11 mode [200686418]
[DaVinci Resolve]: Error 707, application crash, or application instability may occur. [3225521]
[Adobe Premiere Pro]: The application may freeze when using Mercury Playback Engine GPU
Acceleration (CUDA). [3230997/200686504]
[Zoom][NVENC]: Webcam video image colors on the receiving end of Zoom may appear incorrect. [3205912]
[Detroit: Become Human]: The game randomly crashes. [3203114]
[Steam VR game]: Stuttering and lagging occur upon launching a game (without running
running any GPU hardware monitoring tool in the background) [3152190]
[Assassin's Creed Valhalla]: The game may randomly crash after extended gameplay [200679654]
NVIDIA Broadcast Camera filter may hang. [200691869]
[Zoom]: Chrome browser flickers with Zoom app. [200695072]
[G-SYNC][Surround][RTX 30 series] PC may restart when enabling NVIDIA Surround with G- SYNC enabled on RTX 30 series GPUs. [3202303]
Old Jan 29, 2021, 01:18 AM   #1516
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

These are fixes or new problems created?
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2021, 01:20 AM   #1517
Megaman
Packing heat!

Fix
Old Feb 20, 2021, 02:07 PM   #1518
Kain
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Kain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwards

Anyone else getting the following error when they try to check for new NVIDIA drivers on the NVIDIA website?

Intel Core i7-3930K | Corsair Hydro Series H100i PRO | GIGABYTE GA-X79-UD3 | 16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3 2133 MHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING | Creative Sound Blaster AE-9 | Crucial m4 256 GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2 TB | Pioneer BDR-206DBK | EVGA SuperNOVA 850 P2 | Corsair Obsidian Series 650D | ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | 2 x JBL LSR305 + 1 x JBL LSR310S | Microsoft SideWinder X4 | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | SteelSeries QcK mini | Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Kain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2021, 12:39 PM   #1519
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

What’s the last most stable driver released?
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2021, 10:20 AM   #1520
mizzer
Believing is Seeing

mizzer can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymizzer can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymizzer can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Subscriber

461.92 is out.

Quote:
Fixed Issues in this Release
Some desktop applications may flicker or stutter when resizing the window on some PC configurations [3252200]

[GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER]: Random flickering may appear across the top of the monitor on some PC configurations. [3184254]

[Vulkan][Red Dead Redemption 2]: The game may display pixelated black dots or artifacts on characters’ skin. [3257041/3266614]

[Rocket League]: Matches may take longer to load. [3244324]

[Fortnite]: Shader cache optimizations have been made to reduce intermittent stutter on some PC configurations. [3244272]

[Detroit: Become Human]: Game may crash when launched with Image Sharpening enabled. [3242624/200667092]

[Dungeon & Fighter]: The game may blink when choosing characters. [200574764]

[Zoom]: GeForce Experience In-game Overlay launches when a Zoom meeting starts. [3269577]

Enabling NVIDIA Surround with 4K HDMI 2.1 TVs may fail. [3184849]

Blue-screen crash may occur when connecting/disconnecting to/from the Samsung 8k TV. [3188971]
mizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2021, 11:13 AM   #1521
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzer View Post
461.92 is out.
A little late there bruh, 462.07 has been out for over a week.

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answ...version-462.07

And the 470.05 driver has been out for a couple weeks.

ANNNNNNNNNNNNND as of yesterday 470.14 was released to developer members but you can find it easily.

I'd stay away from 470.05, caused nothing but artifacting on my main rig and my notebook.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 12:12 PM   #1522
mizzer
Believing is Seeing

mizzer can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymizzer can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymizzer can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapatingjaky View Post
A little late there bruh, 462.07 has been out for over a week.

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answ...version-462.07

And the 470.05 driver has been out for a couple weeks.

ANNNNNNNNNNNNND as of yesterday 470.14 was released to developer members but you can find it easily.

I'd stay away from 470.05, caused nothing but artifacting on my main rig and my notebook.
Oh sure. I only use Game Ready drivers.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 12:24 PM   #1523
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzer View Post
Oh sure. I only use Game Ready drivers.
Same.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2021, 01:10 PM   #1524
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Old Mar 26, 2021, 01:18 PM   #1525
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2021, 01:27 PM   #1526
mizzer
Believing is Seeing

Subscriber

What the...
Old Mar 26, 2021, 07:44 PM   #1527
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwards

Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2021, 03:09 PM   #1528
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

New drivers Gays, 465.89 Game Ready

Quote:
Game Ready Drivers provide the best possible gaming experience for all major new releases. Prior to a new title launching, our driver team is working up until the last minute to ensure every performance tweak and bug fix is included for the best gameplay on day-1.

Game Ready for Outriders
This new Game Ready Driver provides support for the launch of Outriders, which features NVIDIA DLSS technology. Additionally, this release also provides optimal day-1 support for:
DIRT 5’s new ray tracing update
The launch of Evil Genius 2: World Domination
The launch of the KINGDOM HEARTS Series on the Epic Games Store

Gaming Technology
Includes support for Resizable BAR across the GeForce RTX 30 Series of Desktop and Notebook GPUs
Includes beta support for virtualization on GeForce GPUs
https://www.nvidia.com/download/driv...x/172060/en-us

And if you ask, no they haven't fixed the flickering in WoW : Shadowlands, going on month 4 with this issue.
Old Jun 9, 2021, 07:36 PM   #1529
Megaman
Packing heat!

Anyone who downloaded the latest driver will want the 466.74 Hotfix driver as it is known to crash Kepler 6XX/7XX/16XX and Turing GPUs.
Old Jun 9, 2021, 08:11 PM   #1530
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
Anyone who downloaded the latest driver will want the 466.74 Hotfix driver as it is known to crash Kepler 6XX/7XX/16XX and Turing GPUs.
**** that, you should be using the new 470.76 beta

https://www.mediafire.com/file/oil68...ional.exe/file

Took Nvidia 6 months but they fixed the flashing in WoW Shadowlands.