Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Jul 9, 2020, 01:20 PM   #91
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexion View Post
Referring to not only visuals but the entire gameplay loop. Reading comments on any gaming forums for the past couple years you would see Odyssey commonly called an "Origins reskin". And now Valhalla is being called an "Odyssey reskin".

Sure there were improvements to the graphics but I can see why people are leveraging criticisms at the direction the series is heading. Titles in the AC series are no longer assassination based games but a witcher-lite AC hybrid without the actual quality of a witcher game.
Yeah, I guess, but I just don't agree.

The visuals are outstanding. Even Origins still is. Why does everyone need to it to be OMG INSANE and improved on every single new title. As much of a graphics whore as I am, I still don't think in this way.

I do agree with the gameplay changes on the assassination aspect of the original titles to a certain extent. The game is fun enough and holds so many core parts of the AC series that it's not an issue for me.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
EVGA 3080 XC3 Ultra Gaming
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
Corsair 600T Silver Edition
Corsair Nightsword Mouse/Logitech G15 Keyboard
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Logtech G703 Mouse/Logitech G915 Keyboard
OverclockN' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2020, 01:45 PM   #92
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

it's time for the ubisoft-sandbox-brood-sow to deliver her annual pups.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2020, 01:17 AM   #93
twonha
Yods be silent!

twonha can recite pi backwardstwonha can recite pi backwardstwonha can recite pi backwardstwonha can recite pi backwardstwonha can recite pi backwardstwonha can recite pi backwardstwonha can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
What's the connection everyone keeps making to Witcher? What am I missing?
Ever been to Skellige?

Norse mythology is the basis for the Skellige islands in The Witcher 3, so any Norse open world third person action game is going to be at least thematically similar.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 10, 2020, 05:58 AM   #94
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Odyssey gameplay was a marked improvement over Origins. Not sure what people are smoking but either they didn’t play the games or just like to trash talk about any game that gets a high score to be cool on the Internet.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2020, 07:30 AM   #95
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Yep Odyssey was just a better version of Origins. I think origins had a cool setting, pyramids and tombs, but odyssey did basically everything better. Also the cult targets were enough assassination for me.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2020, 07:57 AM   #96
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by twonha View Post
Ever been to Skellige?

Norse mythology is the basis for the Skellige islands in The Witcher 3, so any Norse open world third person action game is going to be at least thematically similar.
I spent many wonderful hours in Skellige.

Thematically similar, sure, maybe. Unavoidable, obviously. But, I think there are enough differences between the two titles that actually calling it a Witcher clone or anything of the sort is quite silly.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Old Jul 10, 2020, 01:38 PM   #97
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

The cult targets (and their backgrounds, etc) were the only thing that odd did better than orig.

I liked orig way more, but both games were solid. the absolutely dumbass level system and locking parts of the map (and maybe some of the voice acting) is the only thing keeping these games being on par with Ass Creed 2 and other great ones in the series.
Old Jul 10, 2020, 04:55 PM   #98
Cynicalking
who

Cynicalking once held a door open for a complete strangerCynicalking once held a door open for a complete strangerCynicalking once held a door open for a complete strangerCynicalking once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
The cult targets (and their backgrounds, etc) were the only thing that odd did better than orig.

I liked orig way more, but both games were solid. the absolutely dumbass level system and locking parts of the map (and maybe some of the voice acting) is the only thing keeping these games being on par with Ass Creed 2 and other great ones in the series.
I agree. Liked Origins much more than Odyssey.
Cynicalking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2020, 04:23 PM   #99
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
AC Valhalla Release Date Leaks Ahead of Tomorrow’s UbiForward Event
Quote:
Thanks to a since-deleted Instagram post by the Italian Assassins' Creed account, Assassin's Creed Valhalla has been announced for a 2020 release window just before the next generation of home consoles arrive.

https://wccftech.com/ac-valhalla-rel...forward-event/

no surprise there

we most likely won't get any game now till the ****ing new consoles arrive
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2020, 08:32 PM   #100
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwards

Bill, everyone knows Valhalla is gonna be a 2020 release from Ubisoft itself from since the first trailer. If you're gonna quote the article at least quote the relevant part.

According to Instagram account assassinscreedgame_it, we should expect to get our hands on Assassin's Creed Valhalla on November 17th.

That's even better than expected because the official trailer months ago stated "Holiday 2020", which I expected to mean around Christmas.
Exposed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2020, 08:47 PM   #101
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
Bill, everyone knows Valhalla is gonna be a 2020 release from Ubisoft itself from since the first trailer. If you're gonna quote the article at least quote the relevant part.

According to Instagram account assassinscreedgame_it, we should expect to get our hands on Assassin's Creed Valhalla on November 17th.

That's even better than expected because the official trailer months ago stated "Holiday 2020", which I expected to mean around Christmas.
November 17th is Holiday 2020
thanksgiving is the 26

by a lot of stores halloween till new years is "Holiday 2020"

and so far it looks as they will have to give it away with a keg of dark beer
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2020, 08:57 PM   #102
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Fuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
November 17th is Holiday 2020
thanksgiving is the 26

by a lot of stores halloween till new years is "Holiday 2020"

and so far it looks as they will have to give it away with a keg of dark beer
Longer than that. Have you seen how long it takes some people to take down their Christmas lights? Some just leave them up.
Old Jul 11, 2020, 10:02 PM   #103
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuku2 View Post
Longer than that. Have you seen how long it takes some people to take down their Christmas lights? Some just leave them up.
what do you mean take them down?
Old Jul 12, 2020, 12:19 AM   #104
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

So many leaks from Ubisoft.
Old Jul 12, 2020, 05:27 PM   #105
DeathKnight
Radeon Arctic Islands

DeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Subscriber

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | Fractal Design Celsius S24 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite | 2 x 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4-3200 (14-14-14-34) B-Die | MSI 3080 VENTUS 3X OC 10G | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | WD Black SN750 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Samusng 850 Evo 500GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | WD 640GB Black | Asus BW-12B1ST 12X Blu-ray Burner | Fractal Design Define R5 case | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 PSU | Win 10 Pro | 1920x1080 w/ 48" LCD TV
HT: Vizio E48-C2 48" LED Backlit LCD TV | Onkyo TX-SR605 A/V receiver | JBL EC35 center | 2 JBL E30's (fronts, bi-amped) | 2 JBL N24II's (rears) | Homemade Sonosub w/Dayton 12" driver (extension to 14Hz), BASH 300w amp | Panasonic DMP-BD35 Blu-ray player | Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD player | Xbox One S
Camera Gear: Nikon D7000 DSLR | Nikon 16-85mm F3.5-5.6 VR | Nikon 50mm F1.8 G | Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro | Slik Pro 700DX tripod legs with Cullmann Magnesit 35Nm ballhead
DeathKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2020, 05:59 PM   #106
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

Zero stealth in the 30min gameplay preview. That's worrying to me. Lots of silly mini games and fishing on display though.... And they included those AWFUL free running "chase the page" from the old ass creed games.
Old Jul 12, 2020, 07:10 PM   #107
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled with

I don’t recall doing much stealth in origins or odyssey.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2020, 07:21 PM   #108
Drexion
Radeon Sea Islands

Drexion once held a door open for a complete strangerDrexion once held a door open for a complete strangerDrexion once held a door open for a complete stranger

At 3:08 in the 30min video the commentator says that even though they were showing combat that stealth was an option. He says:

"it's worth pointing out actually that here what we're showing is the player facing the boss aggressively, but we tend to always support a 360 degree approach, so the player could have approached this a little more stealthy and gotten a critical hit on the boss, so you could play this a little bit more strategically if that's your playstyle"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
I don’t recall doing much stealth in origins or odyssey.
It was optional, you could rambo or stealth most camps/forts/quest areas. Even if you did rambo your way through the game there were times stealth was helpful to completing certain areas.
[Proc: Intel Core i7 [email protected]][GPU: MSI GTX980Ti 6GB][Mem: 64GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 2666-DDR4][Mobo: Asus X99-A][HD: Samsung 500GB SSD 840 EVO][PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850W G2][Audio: Yamaha RX-V673 7.2/JBL 7.2 Surround]
Drexion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2020, 08:24 PM   #109
azalea
Radeon R420

azalea once held a door open for a complete strangerazalea once held a door open for a complete strangerazalea once held a door open for a complete strangerazalea once held a door open for a complete stranger

There's a stealth gameplay video too. Just nobody can find it.

Old Jul 13, 2020, 04:11 AM   #110
twonha
Yods be silent!

twonha can recite pi backwardstwonha can recite pi backwardstwonha can recite pi backwardstwonha can recite pi backwardstwonha can recite pi backwardstwonha can recite pi backwardstwonha can recite pi backwards

Assassin's Creed has rarely been a strong stealth game. Just because these are all "Assassins", doesn't really mean much for the gameplay.
Old Jul 13, 2020, 04:13 AM   #111
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Clownies

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Eh I ignored the whole assassins thing since 4 came out and I was sailing pirate ships.

Just give me a decent Viking game and I'll be happy enough to ignore any mention of Assassins in the title, or that modern day crap.
Old Jul 13, 2020, 09:38 AM   #112
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Looks like enemies lining up to attack is back
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2020, 12:05 AM   #113
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

Other than the old pre-2011/12 games, Black Flag was an absolute ****ing masterpiece. Easily some of the most satisfying video game moments i've ever had were in that game.
Old Jul 14, 2020, 02:55 AM   #114
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

It looks good to me but it seems to lack the verticality and climbing big buildings of the other games. They have only really shown the country side I hope there are some nice big cities or something.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2020, 09:22 AM   #115
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

It does look like it's turning into a hack and slash game. If they make having less stealth elements make sense in the story (like the Assassin's get more stealthy as the years go on), then I'd be OK with it. The games are still a lot of fun. They talked about doing some stealth in the game, but didn't show any of it. The limit of stealth in Origins, that I recall, was just sneaking around the forts and taking out all the enemies before securing the area.

Like others, I still think Black Flag was the high point. The exploration was fun, the characters were interesting, and the story had a bunch of intriguing twists. But, I've played every single game except Odyssey so far in the span of the past couple years and I've liked every single one.

I'm sure Valhalla will be a nice addition.

EDIT: I wish they would do a combat system similar to Arkham Knight. The enemies waiting their turn to attack you is pretty lame.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh

Last edited by OverclockN' : Jul 14, 2020 at 09:37 AM.
Old Jul 14, 2020, 09:50 AM   #116
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Fuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
Eh I ignored the whole assassins thing since 4 came out and I was sailing pirate ships.

Just give me a decent Viking game and I'll be happy enough to ignore any mention of Assassins in the title, or that modern day crap.
I never played any Assassin's Creed game for more than a very small amount of time irregardless of actually owning 8 of them.

I just couldn't get into the whole Animalanus thing. I want to pretend I'm actually there. Not pretend to pretend I'm there.

I have Black Flag and Origins installed now. Fixed the glitches in Black Flag with newer systems and got about 1 1/2 hours into each game to check them out. I'll try both but I seemed to click with Origins more.
Old Jul 14, 2020, 09:52 AM   #117
DeathKnight
Radeon Arctic Islands

DeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Subscriber

I'm looking forward to it as well. I loved Origins and Odyssey and this looks to be more of the same with some differences.

Regarding stealth, they definitely didn't show much, but they did add back in blending with people/activities. We haven't seen that for a while.
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | Fractal Design Celsius S24 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite | 2 x 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4-3200 (14-14-14-34) B-Die | MSI 3080 VENTUS 3X OC 10G | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | WD Black SN750 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Samusng 850 Evo 500GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | WD 640GB Black | Asus BW-12B1ST 12X Blu-ray Burner | Fractal Design Define R5 case | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 PSU | Win 10 Pro | 1920x1080 w/ 48" LCD TV
HT: Vizio E48-C2 48" LED Backlit LCD TV | Onkyo TX-SR605 A/V receiver | JBL EC35 center | 2 JBL E30's (fronts, bi-amped) | 2 JBL N24II's (rears) | Homemade Sonosub w/Dayton 12" driver (extension to 14Hz), BASH 300w amp | Panasonic DMP-BD35 Blu-ray player | Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD player | Xbox One S
Camera Gear: Nikon D7000 DSLR | Nikon 16-85mm F3.5-5.6 VR | Nikon 50mm F1.8 G | Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro | Slik Pro 700DX tripod legs with Cullmann Magnesit 35Nm ballhead
DeathKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2020, 10:14 AM   #118
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathKnight View Post
I'm looking forward to it as well. I loved Origins and Odyssey and this looks to be more of the same with some differences.
I loved the setting of Origins and especially Odyssey. Can't say I'm feeling Valhalla that much yet.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2020, 11:39 AM   #119
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuku2 View Post
I never played any Assassin's Creed game for more than a very small amount of time irregardless of actually owning 8 of them.

I just couldn't get into the whole Animalanus thing. I want to pretend I'm actually there. Not pretend to pretend I'm there.

I have Black Flag and Origins installed now. Fixed the glitches in Black Flag with newer systems and got about 1 1/2 hours into each game to check them out. I'll try both but I seemed to click with Origins more.
At the very least try and get to the part where you get a ship. The pirate pirating and Ship travel in black flag is excellent fun!
Old Jul 14, 2020, 07:14 PM   #120
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Seems like side quests are a little lame in this one.

Quote:
"Where Valhalla falls short of The Witcher, at least from the limited bit I played, is in its sidequests," he wrote. "I only ran into a couple, but they were very short. In one, I helped a kid find a cat. In another, I helped a kid recover a horse from the other side of a river. They were two-minute diversions, not the rich, unpredictable quests that rooted Geralt in his world so effectively."
Side quests will not be denoted on the mini map, instead you'll have to go wandering around looking for them, much like the Witcher 3. I don't mind this approach, gives incentive to spend that extra time playing the game but would only be beneficial if the game is something you really enjoy.
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote