Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Hardware
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Hardware Talk about PCs/Macs, motherboards, CPUs, sound cards, RAM, hard drives, networking and everything else about computer hardware!

Old Aug 15, 2007, 02:22 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Melhisedek
Radeon Northern Islands

Melhisedek is still being judged by the masses

Default LCD TV and monitor... How to setup colors/brightness/contrast?

I have a Samsung LE-32R72B TV and LG L204WT monitor.

I bought them and just used them with default settings never really thinking much of it

Than today I walk past EB Games and see a guy playing Bioshock demo on the exactly the same TV as mine and I cry. Picture IQ was like incredible. My colors looked all washed out and "weak" while colors on this one were vibrant and pleasant looking. I ask the guy about the settings but he hasn't the remote to check but he checks the cables and they are stock Premium 360 cables that I have as well.

Than I checked some screens showing what my PC monitor can do, and needless to say everything looked much better than on my screen...

I've fooled around with settings but I have no idea what I'm doing... Cool colors, warm colors... They all look better than the last. Also how high should contrast and brightness be ? Gotta fix this can't believe I stood out so far

Graphics card is X1900 XT with latest drivers if that makes any difference...

Thank you for your time!
Old Aug 15, 2007, 03:27 PM   #2
Bires
50 lb lap dog ;)

Bires once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Bires once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Bires once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Bires once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Bires once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Bires once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I get all my TV / visual data from AVS http://www.avsforum.com/

I can usually find models near to what I own and the settings people have gotten from using DVD Essentials.
Bires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2007, 03:19 AM   #3
gramboh
Casual gamer

gramboh is still being judged by the masses

I've read there is variation between LCDs depending when they were produced etc. But I guess it's a good starting point. I dropped the brightness on my Dell to about 30 I think and its a lot better/not as bright.
1x Seagate 7200.11 1TB SATA2 + 1x Hitatchi 5K3000 3TB SATA3 (plus another two of same for offline eSATA backup)
Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer w/ Klipsch Promedia 4.1 and Sennheiser HD570
Antec P182B - Corsair 520HX PSU

Windows 7 Professional x64
3DMark Vantage: 22045 / 3DMark11: 4314

Netbook: Asus 1015PN (Atom 1.5GHz, 2GB DDR3, 250GB HDD, NVidia ION2, 10in LCD, Windows 7 Starter)
Now Playing - Battlefield 3, Super Meat Boy, The Witcher 2, SHIFT 2 Unleashed, Jamestown, DOTA 2, Team Fortress 2
gramboh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad