Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Hardware
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Hardware Talk about PCs/Macs, motherboards, CPUs, sound cards, RAM, hard drives, networking and everything else about computer hardware!

Old Dec 30, 2020, 09:27 AM   #451
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

I can't wait to play Death Stranding on it. Going to wait until I get a 3080 though. It's too bad I finished all the Indie games like Inside and Little Monsters. They would have looked phenomenal on the OLED.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
EVGA 3080 XC3 Ultra Gaming
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
Corsair 600T Silver Edition
Corsair Nightsword Mouse/Logitech G15 Keyboard
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Logtech G703 Mouse/Logitech G915 Keyboard
OverclockN' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2020, 09:32 AM   #452
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Play OG doom 3.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2020, 09:33 AM   #453
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
I can't wait to play Death Stranding on it. Going to wait until I get a 3080 though. It's too bad I finished all the Indie games like Inside and Little Monsters. They would have looked phenomenal on the OLED.
There's always more indie games , but now you mention it I imagine Ori looks goddamn amazing on it.

Yeah I would wait for a 3080 too, with DLSS Quality and 4k everything max, it runs about 115-120fps at 4K HDR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
Play OG doom 3.

Burn in friendly no the count that only 10% of the screen is visable.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 30, 2020, 09:44 AM   #454
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
There's always more indie games , but now you mention it I imagine Ori looks goddamn amazing on it.

Yeah I would wait for a 3080 too, with DLSS Quality and 4k everything max, it runs about 115-120fps at 4K HDR
Yeah, I have a bunch I bought just recently on steam. Little Monsters and Inside were very dark games. The blacks would have been neat. I did buy the first Ori too, looking forward to that.

And 4K HDR on Death Stranding...yeah, if I can get HDR to work on PC.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Old Dec 30, 2020, 09:49 AM   #455
Ghastlyone
Radeon Southern Islands

Ghastlyone is still being judged by the masses

Quote:

Burn in friendly no the count that only 10% of the screen is visable.

The newest Ori (Will of the Wisps) was fantastic and looks beautiful on this display. Really a nice looking title. I played it on Game Pass recently.
Ghastlyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2020, 09:50 AM   #456
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Yeah, I have a bunch I bought just recently on steam. Little Monsters and Inside were very dark games. The blacks would have been neat. I did buy the first Ori too, looking forward to that.

And 4K HDR on Death Stranding...yeah, if I can get HDR to work on PC.
You have latest version of Windows 10? Not sure what to say, I just click HDR o win 10 settings, activate in game and everything works fine.
Old Dec 30, 2020, 10:24 AM   #457
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
You have latest version of Windows 10? Not sure what to say, I just click HDR o win 10 settings, activate in game and everything works fine.
Yeah, latest version. Only thing I can think of is that I'm still using the regular 4k 18gbps cable. But again...worked just fine on my Sony.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Old Dec 30, 2020, 10:27 AM   #458
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

I would get the proper cable. I had very strange issues with my 4K 27" when I was using my original DisplayPort cable that wasn't capable of 4K 144Hz.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2020, 10:31 AM   #459
Higgy10
Radeon Arctic Islands

Higgy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

i would like to upgrade my 3440x1440 display to maybe one of those 1600p ones but man its a small fortune
Higgy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2020, 10:36 AM   #460
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
I would get the proper cable. I had very strange issues with my 4K 27" when I was using my original DisplayPort cable that wasn't capable of 4K 144Hz.
Proper cable? It IS the proper cable. It's a negative mark for this LG then if it requires an 8k 48gbps cable just to run 4k 60hz HDR in PC use. That makes no sense.

I did notice late last night that I renamed the wrong port to PC. I had assumed the single port on the back was #1, but it wasn't. Not working from home today, so I haven't had a chance to change it and test. But I'm hoping there is some goofy limitation going on that's preventing it from being possible when connected to a PC without renaming it (wtf?). But...I have my doubts.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh

Last edited by OverclockN' : Dec 30, 2020 at 10:59 AM.
Old Dec 30, 2020, 11:00 AM   #461
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

HDR worked fine on my TV with my old cable and 4K 60. It might be you are running 10 bit RGB and that is why HDR is not working. If I remember correctly you need to run default or YCR 422 or 444 and 8 bit for HDR to work.

I don’t quite remember what it was since it has been quite a few months since I used TV for gaming and have had this 3080 for a while now.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2020, 11:11 AM   #462
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Okay. I'm just giving you a heads up that I had strange issues that had nothing to do with 4K 144Hz (even with the monitor set to 60Hz, which my cable was good for) until I replaced the cable.

I'll see myself out. Good luck.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2020, 11:18 AM   #463
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Okay. I'm just giving you a heads up that I had strange issues that had nothing to do with 4K 144Hz (even with the monitor set to 60Hz, which my cable was good for) until I replaced the cable.

I'll see myself out. Good luck.

Come back in! The more the merrier. I don't mind the comments and suggestions, it's how things get fixed. Things are going to get questioned though, no harm in that.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Old Dec 30, 2020, 11:23 AM   #464
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

You already ordered the cable so it really shouldn’t be a knock on the monitor. If you want the max it gives you we’re going to ha e to order it anyway.

How has 1440 been for you?

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2020, 11:28 AM   #465
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
How has 1440 been for you?
I stopped using it when I tested out 3840x1600 in AC Odyssey. Haven't tried any other games yet. There were no issues with it though besides slightly less detail on things further away and if I bumped the AA up a couple notches. Looked and played great!

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Old Dec 30, 2020, 11:47 AM   #466
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

How’s the 1080 doing at that resolution?

Old Dec 30, 2020, 11:51 AM   #467
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
How’s the 1080 doing at that resolution?
EDIT: I think you meant my 1080Ti? I went on a long explanation of 1080P.

The 1080Ti at 1440P is great. I don't know what actual framerate is, but it's dead locked at 60fps with all details max except clouds/shadows turned way down (requires game reboot to turn them back up and I was lazy). But I had AA at max also. I turned off VSYNC to test what actual framerate was, but it was still saying 60fps in the counter, so not sure... I had frame limiter off.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh

Last edited by OverclockN' : Dec 30, 2020 at 11:57 AM.
Old Dec 30, 2020, 12:06 PM   #468
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

Always use 10bit on this panel, could be your last TV was 8bit panel and that's why the hdmi cable wasn't a problem with that TV?
Old Dec 30, 2020, 12:11 PM   #469
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Always use 10bit on this panel, could be your last TV was 8bit panel and that's why the hdmi cable wasn't a problem with that TV?
The Sony X900F is a 10bit panel.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Old Dec 30, 2020, 12:14 PM   #470
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
EDIT: I think you meant my 1080Ti? I went on a long explanation of 1080P.

The 1080Ti at 1440P is great. I don't know what actual framerate is, but it's dead locked at 60fps with all details max except clouds/shadows turned way down (requires game reboot to turn them back up and I was lazy). But I had AA at max also. I turned off VSYNC to test what actual framerate was, but it was still saying 60fps in the counter, so not sure... I had frame limiter off.

I was asking about the 1080ti at 1660 ultrawide custom resolution.

Quote:

10 bit isnt an option in nvcp for me. How do I enable it? It doesnt matter what resolution.

Old Dec 30, 2020, 12:15 PM   #471
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

Well for me the tv hdr was fine with or without the port being renamed, only did that myself a few hours ago as I forgot.
Old Dec 30, 2020, 12:17 PM   #472
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

Quote:
I was asking about the 1080ti at 1660 ultrawide custom resolution.

10 bit isnt an option in nvcp for me. How do I enable it? It doesnt matter what resolution.
Not sure, it's just there for me. 1080ti limitation?got high enough hdmi cable bandwidth?
Old Dec 30, 2020, 12:44 PM   #473
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

The 1080 shoud be able to do 10bit color up to a certain point, didn't the 1000 series have 2.0b support?
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2020, 12:46 PM   #474
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

No idea never used hdr on pc until now, before that was ps4 and that was just easy lol.
Old Dec 30, 2020, 12:50 PM   #475
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
Not sure, it's just there for me. 1080ti limitation?got high enough hdmi cable bandwidth?

Yeah looks like a 1080ti limitation. If I go down far enough 1440p 4:4:2 I can enable 10 bit.

Testing more resolutions and settings:

Doing 4k/120 4:2:0 - 8 bit - limited dynamic range -makes the experience a little better but there are fringe cases where the text looks like crap.

4k60 - 8 bpc- 4:4:4 - limited out dynamic range - best desktop settings for me

Going to be testing more to see how 4:2:0 and 4:2:2 look in games. All this work around cause I dont have a 3080. All of this becomes a moot point once that happens.

Edit:

Just going to stick with what I was using before and wait fo when I get a 3080.

4k/60 4:4:4 60hz desktop and
1440/120 4:4:4 games

Last edited by logical : Dec 30, 2020 at 12:55 PM.
Old Dec 30, 2020, 12:58 PM   #476
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

I use RGB 10bit Full, limited to me looks like washed out crap.

It's a shame that tech is so ridiculous to get.
Old Dec 30, 2020, 01:15 PM   #477
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
I use RGB 10bit Full, limited to me looks like washed out crap.

It's a shame that tech is so ridiculous to get.

Dont really have an option

If I go low enough I can do full but I dont see a perceptible difference.

Old Dec 30, 2020, 02:09 PM   #478
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

You can't use Full instead of limited? Could do that even without HDR on my 1660ti.
Old Dec 30, 2020, 02:27 PM   #479
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
You can't use Full instead of limited? Could do that even without HDR on my 1660ti.
Depends on resolution and hz

Old Dec 30, 2020, 05:41 PM   #480
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

My TV's are both 2.0b and options are 8bit full 4:4:4 or 10 bit 4:2:2 at 4k/60. I know you're meant to use 10bit for HDR movies etc, but for PC games I find that Full 8-bit HDR seems to work OK, Death Stranding looks great.