Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Hardware
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Hardware Talk about PCs/Macs, motherboards, CPUs, sound cards, RAM, hard drives, networking and everything else about computer hardware!

Old Dec 10, 2020, 11:00 AM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Hate to keep beating a dead horse but you should have stuck with what you had.
That boat already crossed. Can’t get back on it. What I can do is the following:

Spend some time on this build until RKL
Just play Cyberpunk which I haven’t touched all day
Sell everything and buy Intel
Sell everything and become a console gamer

I think I will do number 2 for now lol.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2020, 11:01 AM   #32
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
Oh lordy jesus KAC you are the worst.
You will never find this level of entertainment.
Old Dec 10, 2020, 11:06 AM   #33
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
That boat already crossed. Can’t get back on it. What I can do is the following:

If I know you you don't keep stuff you're not happy with. Can't you return to place of purchase and get Intel stuff?

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 10, 2020, 11:38 AM   #34
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
You will never find this level of entertainment.
Never a dull moment reading your hardware adventures, I'll grant you that.

At this point I would just stick with what you currently have. Reinstall a fresh Windows, and run the whole system at stock for a while to make sure its all good. In the meantime take your time to research how to best tweak and optimize your 5600X, and I emphasize take your time. Read other people's reporting with similar systems on how theirs behaves, what settings, temps, performance they are getting, etc. I think you will find in the long run its best to leave most CPU settings to stock, and focus on tweaking your memory and GPU for some extra performance. Ryzen isn't a good overclocker, at least not good enough to waste time and effort on - very minimal performance gains.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2020, 11:41 AM   #35
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
I think you will find in the long run its best to leave most CPU settings to stock, and focus on tweaking your memory and GPU for some extra performance. Ryzen isn't a good overclocker, at least not good enough to waste time and effort on - very minimal performance gains.

yoz
Old Dec 10, 2020, 12:37 PM   #36
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

There’s nothing wrong with AMD, zen 3 is better then what intel has right now, but gaming is going to be close to what you already had before, your GPU limited. In everything else with a 5900X AMD is running circles around intel and can easily be seen by just looking at the CPU tests in 3DMark.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2020, 12:37 PM   #37
KAC
It might be gays!

Well I certainly figured out what was causing the crashes in CSGO. I had my GPU overclocked to 150+ MHz and memory to +1200 for timespy that I forgot to revert. Poor GPU was running at 2150 MHz in CSGO haha.

Time to overclock this Ryzen again.
I am not doing a Windows install unless it is absolutely necessary. Also played Cyberpunk. Game was usually running at 75-90 FPS and CPU was cool and quiet.
Old Dec 10, 2020, 12:39 PM   #38
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Well I certainly figured out what was causing the crashes in CSGO. I had my GPU overclocked to 150+ MHz and memory to +1200 for timespy that I forgot to revert. Poor GPU was running at 2150 MHz in CSGO haha.
Nub....

yoz
Old Dec 10, 2020, 12:45 PM   #39
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

Quote:

Time to overclock this Ryzen again.
I am not doing a Windows install unless it is absolutely necessary. Also played Cyberpunk. Game was usually running at 75-90 FPS and CPU was cool and quiet.
75-90? You obviously are not running RT.
Old Dec 10, 2020, 12:46 PM   #40
KAC
It might be gays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
1440P. RT maxed but DLSS on balanced.
Old Dec 10, 2020, 12:59 PM   #41
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
He plays on a peasant resolution and doesn't have any settings on Psycho.

RT on Ultra is not maxed. Neither is SSAO on Ultra
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2020, 01:03 PM   #42
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
He plays on a peasant resolution and doesn't have any settings on Psycho.

RT on Ultra is not maxed. Neither is SSAO on Ultra
Hey! Stop shaming 1440P gamers.

yoz
Old Dec 10, 2020, 01:05 PM   #43
KAC
It might be gays!

I will check out the extra settings. I haven’t delved too deep into anything today.
Old Dec 10, 2020, 01:14 PM   #44
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Not really relevant to the posts on this page but windows 10 can handle a platform change without a reinstall, you'll are living in the past.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2020, 01:14 PM   #45
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
Not really relevant to the posts on this page but windows 10 can handle a platform change without a reinstall, you'll are living in the past.
I'm sure it can, but is that optimal? Nope.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2020, 01:27 PM   #46
KAC
It might be gays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
I have done that on Windows 7 also and it didn’t matter tbh.
Old Dec 10, 2020, 01:58 PM   #47
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Caribbean Islands

NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:

Wipe the pc, do a fresh install (not one you installed on another SSD with who knows what platform??). Install ALL drivers, including chipset drivers. Let Windows complete ALL updates, as it also has updates it needs to install for Ryzen, Then go make sure you have your power plan set properly.

research on proper settings in bios.

Then play on the new platform and then make a decisions, but don't do it now after your epic fail in just about everything with this build up to this point.

~I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability. ~ Ron White
~You can't fix Stupid! ~ Ron White
~There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. - ~Stupid is forever. ~ Ron White
~Life is a hard teacher, it gives you the test before it teaches you the lesson.
~It's never to late to have a good childhood! The older you are, the better the toys! ~ My Dad
~Live everyday as though it is your last, it can all end at any moment!
NWR_Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2020, 02:09 PM   #48
KAC
It might be gays!

To be honest nothing has been an epic fail. All my benches are on par with everything I have read except Cinebench.
Old Dec 10, 2020, 02:09 PM   #49
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
To be honest nothing has been an epic fail. All my benches are on par with everything I have read except Cinebench.
I think he was going by your reaction to the new CPU/Mobo.

yoz
Old Dec 10, 2020, 02:10 PM   #50
KAC
It might be gays!

Also this beauty doesn’t look like epic fail.

Old Dec 10, 2020, 02:11 PM   #51
acroig
Troll SMod

If only it had RGB power cables...... then the Force would be with it.

yoz
Old Dec 10, 2020, 02:12 PM   #52
KAC
It might be gays!

I am going to put some Cyberpunk colors on it tomorrow and see what’s up.
Old Dec 10, 2020, 02:13 PM   #53
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
I am going to put some Cyberpunk colors on it tomorrow and see what’s up.

yoz
Old Dec 10, 2020, 05:42 PM   #54
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

PSA: If you run ray traced lighting at phsyco it turns on full global illumination. It's disabled at any setting under that.
Old Dec 10, 2020, 05:56 PM   #55
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Quote:
Also this beauty doesn’t look like epic fail.

Those power cables look like utter chit!
Old Dec 10, 2020, 07:09 PM   #56
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
PSA: If you run ray traced lighting at phsyco it turns on full global illumination. It's disabled at any setting under that.

DOH wrong thread - was on my phone.
Old Dec 10, 2020, 07:17 PM   #57
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Quote:
1440P. RT maxed but DLSS on balanced.
Oh, no wonder, your playing at console peasant resolutions.
Old Dec 10, 2020, 07:32 PM   #58
Riptide
Avtomat Kalashnikova 1947

Riptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRiptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
I'm basically Nostradamus.
lol
Quote:
Do some damn research and read about the ****ing products before you buy them, dude. The 5900X you bought will have the same issues. Flat all-core OCs are not the best way to run Ryzen. If anything, just leaving PBO on and then keeping the chip as cool as possible, while cranking up the memory, is the best way to go.
THIS

Ryzen is actually a piece of cake in this regard. It's not THAT hard ffs. It does quite well mostly on auto pilot.

Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570
ASRock Phantom 6900 XT
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2020, 09:07 PM   #59
KAC
It might be gays!

Quote:
Those power cables look like utter chit!
Old Dec 10, 2020, 09:59 PM   #60
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Quote:
Just a little payback!