Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Hardware
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Hardware Talk about PCs/Macs, motherboards, CPUs, sound cards, RAM, hard drives, networking and everything else about computer hardware!

Old Mar 31, 2021, 02:58 PM   #331
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
Glad I got the 10900F when I did, instead of waiting for the 11900. Couldn’t be happier with my new system.
Indeed, good call there.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2021, 03:54 PM   #332
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUy3WcDlBXE

Derbauer got a 12C temperature drop by delidding an i7 11900k, but he doesn't recommend it for mere mortals as it is now very easy to **** **** up while doing it.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2021, 04:29 PM   #333
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
Derbauer got a 12C temperature drop by delidding an i7 11900k, but he doesn't recommend it for mere mortals as it is now very easy to **** **** up while doing it.
Let me admit to all of you that I don't have a 10th of the balls required to do this.

yoz
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 31, 2021, 05:53 PM   #334
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

4770k and 8700k were easy but this looks tricky
Old Mar 31, 2021, 06:23 PM   #335
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
Glad I got the 10900F when I did, instead of waiting for the 11900. Couldn’t be happier with my new system.
Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Indeed, good call there.
For the prices they're currently going for the 10900 CPUs indeed look like a good deal.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2021, 05:56 AM   #336
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
So they are basically copying AMD then.
Fair point. AMD have come a long way since launch which is exposed by current benchmarks. I never gave them enough credit going off launch reviews.
Old Apr 1, 2021, 06:48 AM   #337
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
For the prices they're currently going for the 10900 CPUs indeed look like a good deal.
Very happy with my setup, thanks to you.

yoz
Old Apr 1, 2021, 08:48 AM   #338
demo
space cadet

10850k is an absolute bargain atm
Old Apr 1, 2021, 09:06 AM   #339
acroig
Troll SMod

Intel is now the "bargain" CPU.

yoz
Old Apr 1, 2021, 09:16 AM   #340
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Thinking about picking up a 10850K and Z560 or something to replace the H460 and 10700 I have. Should be solid gains of 2% FPS in games.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2021, 10:57 AM   #341
demo
space cadet

Intel

Quote:
Intel is now the "bargain" CPU.
11900k is so good, it makes 10850k the better recommendation

I'm going to get one anyway just to play with it for 6 months. You'll all be laughing at my microcodes..

I'm going to find the 3 games it benches better in, and rub your faces in it.. AMD plebs

Last edited by demo : Apr 1, 2021 at 11:08 AM.
demo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2021, 01:27 AM   #342
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

andino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwards

I'm still questioning if Intel will put out a new CPU this year. I mean, if they are still having issues getting substrates I don't see how they are going to be on time for a new release. That is, unless it is another paper release.
andino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2021, 01:33 AM   #343
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I was watching a Gear Seekers video and the guy basically said that he has had the 11900K CPU since January and was allowed to only post a video of it now. Even with the extra months the 11900K is nowhere to be found. I doubt we will see anything this year except maybe an AMD refresh.
Old Apr 2, 2021, 03:16 PM   #344
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

CurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled with

11400F actually seems to be a pretty solid product.
Quote:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
CurrentlyPissed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2021, 10:25 PM   #345
KAC
It might be gays!

For me both 11600K and 11700K are good products. If you can find them building a system around them is a couple of 10$ cheaper than a 5600X or 5800X system respectively. Performance is comparable in gaming with some losses in productivity but worth it.

Didn’t check out the 11400F but know that 10400F was also quite a contender.
Old Apr 2, 2021, 11:36 PM   #346
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

badsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurrentlyPissed View Post
11400F actually seems to be a pretty solid product.

In my country the 10400f is around 158$ and the 11400f is 197$.The question arises is if it's worth those extra dollars for no more than 5% performance,
Old Apr 5, 2021, 04:11 PM   #347
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

CurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by badsykes View Post
In my country the 10400f is around 158$ and the 11400f is 197$.The question arises is if it's worth those extra dollars for no more than 5% performance,
Its more about 10% improvement, and faster than a 3600. It think its priced very well currently.
Quote:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
Old Apr 5, 2021, 05:03 PM   #348
demo
space cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurrentlyPissed View Post
Its more about 10% improvement, and faster than a 3600. It think its priced very well currently.

Yes and in addition it supports pcie 4.0 and memory oc
Old Apr 5, 2021, 06:57 PM   #349
acroig
Troll SMod

At the current time pcie 4.0 does not seem to give much of anything so can't say the price premium over 10th gen and the loss of cores is warranted.

yoz
Old Apr 5, 2021, 09:50 PM   #350
demo
space cadet

That was in response to 10400f vs 11400f which are both 6 cores and 12 threads.

The 11400f is about 10% faster and pcie 4 offers double the speed for NVMe drive and 3% or so for GPU, and is ready for RTX IO and direct access. The new chipset for 11400f also allows memory OC.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 12:45 AM   #351
KAC
It might be gays!

demo how you like that 11900K?
Old Apr 6, 2021, 02:03 AM   #352
demo
space cadet

It should have shipped today but haven't checked. Not too fussed as I expect early BIOS to be a PITA, they are still in BETA stage on ASUS site. Give it a week or two.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 06:38 AM   #353
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
That was in response to 10400f vs 11400f which are both 6 cores and 12 threads.

The 11400f is about 10% faster and pcie 4 offers double the speed for NVMe drive and 3% or so for GPU, and is ready for RTX IO and direct access. The new chipset for 11400f also allows memory OC.
I will STFU now....

yoz
Old Apr 6, 2021, 10:05 AM   #354
KAC
It might be gays!

10400 really seems like the CPU to buy. Similar performance as 5600X at 60% of the cost.
Old Apr 7, 2021, 04:26 PM   #355
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
10400 really seems like the CPU to buy. Similar performance as 5600X at 60% of the cost.
I think you mean 11400F, it's still about 15% slower than a 5600X, but its priced very well.
Quote:

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
Old Apr 7, 2021, 05:10 PM   #356
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

That 15% seems to vary. There's a few games that favor AMD (F1 2020, for example) but the large majority I've seen have the 11400 about 10%. It's pretty impressive given how cheap the chip is. I would never buy it due to 6cores, but for a budget build it's truly head and shoulders above anything else on the market. I think the best buy, even over the 11400, is the 10400. I've seen them as low as $139. It's not often you can get that much gaming performance for the price of a pair of sneakers.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2021, 07:01 PM   #357
acroig
Troll SMod

yoz
Old Apr 7, 2021, 09:12 PM   #358
demo
space cadet

Quote:
If you'd like to see his video, Mangler posted it at the top of this page ^
Old Apr 8, 2021, 12:06 AM   #359
KAC
It might be gays!

Yes I meant 11400F.
I only care about 1440P performance and there it is 5% slower.
Old Apr 8, 2021, 06:45 AM   #360
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
If you'd like to see his video, Mangler posted it at the top of this page ^
Sure but it doesn't have the insightful analysis that Tom gave it.

yoz

Last edited by acroig : Apr 8, 2021 at 07:55 AM.