Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Mar 31, 2013, 12:33 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
zodiak
YAWK YAWK YAWK

zodiak can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyzodiak can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyzodiak can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Default Divinity: Original Sin

Unlike most kickstarter games that are just in the brainstorming phase, this is a title that is close to completion yet still needs sufficient funding. The title they always wanted to make, before publisher interference..

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...y-original-sin

Quote:
Next RPG in the Divinity series featuring classic turn-based combat, non-linear SP campaign with optional coop and a unique RPG editor.

"Picture a modern version of a world not unlike that of Ultima VII, that can be explored either alone or with a friend, that sees you engage adversaries in tactical turn-based combat reminiscent of the great turn-based RPGs of the past. A world that is filled to the brim with choice and consequence situations, reactive NPCs, and a considerable amount of surprises. A world that captures the feeling of playing pen and paper RPGs with our friends. Then add the new stuff..." - Vision statement for Divinity: Original Sin
Press:

Quote:
"Original Sin is an effort to achieve perfection, and the effort is hard to miss." - Jim Sterling, Destructoid

"The content that I played was far more than a proof of concept but the nature of the game – a different kind of open world RPG that genuinely did remind me of my favourite Ultima – left me wanting more. I’d only seen a tiny portion the world, only found a couple of item recipes and less than a handful of quests, but I was hoping that the game would be enormous. It’s an RPG built on solid, amusing writing and strong systems, and the more space it contains, the more possibilities there will be to explore, enjoy and break those systems." - Adam Smith, RockPaperShotgun

"It has the humor that Larian Studios is known for, the extensive quests with multiple endings, turn-based combat and multi-player support in a game that can just as well be played solo too. In addition it is the first Divinity game that will come with a level editor that allows players to create their own content. Divinity Original Sin is self-funded by Larian Studios and hopefully is a big success so they can continue making great games." - Runner up most promising RPG of 2013, RPGWatch

"The game felt and looked like Divine Divinity on steroids." - Myrthos,RPGWatch
Turn-based Divinity game? Yes! Multiplayer, DRM-free, LAN capable, party-oriented, monsters don't scale to you, friendly fire, and the ability to save anywhere (shame that this is even an issue).

Last edited by zodiak : Mar 31, 2013 at 12:50 PM.
zodiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2013, 12:53 PM   #2
badboy
Merc with a mouth

badboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird sings

Awesome! Backed it!
So many great rpgs coming through kickstarter!!

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." - Richard Dawkins

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

"I'll happily keep risking it and enjoy my life" - Doozer

Luke: "God will make sure that evil gets punished"
Jason: "Oh yeah, then explain Europe to me?"
- True Blood
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2013, 01:05 PM   #3
zodiak
YAWK YAWK YAWK

zodiak can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyzodiak can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyzodiak can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Awesome! Backed it!
So many great rpgs coming through kickstarter!!
Agreed. So much for the constant "no market for old school RPG" nonsense. Just goes to show just how much stagnation is caused by publishers.

I never thought Kickstarter would get this big, but I'm glad it has. Put the power back into the consumers' hands.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 31, 2013, 09:14 PM   #4
BababooeyHTJ
Radeon Arctic Islands

BababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird sings

Oh, yeah. I had to back this. I would have been buying this at release either way. This game looks like it has some serious potential.
BababooeyHTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2013, 10:10 PM   #5
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

They still have a long way to go in just 26 days - I wish them luck.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2013, 03:10 AM   #6
H-Alien
Radeon Evergreen

H-Alien once held a door open for a complete strangerH-Alien once held a door open for a complete strangerH-Alien once held a door open for a complete strangerH-Alien once held a door open for a complete stranger

I'm glad they went back to the isometric view. I didn't much like their move to 3d, the original Divine Divinity is still the best of the series, mostly due to the artwork and the amount of stuff you could do in the world.

Luckily I get a divine dicvinity vibe with this new game, looks like the emphasis is once again on lots and lots of original content instead of fancy new 3d engines...backed it.
H-Alien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2013, 03:54 AM   #7
abdecken5
Rage3D Veteran

abdecken5 is still being judged by the masses

Thumbs up

looks good. I wonder how it will shape up to the free play NWN?
abdecken5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2013, 07:32 PM   #8
zodiak
YAWK YAWK YAWK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler View Post
There's usually a mad rush at the last minute. Hopefully they have updates planned to push more backers.
Old Apr 4, 2013, 06:23 AM   #9
FoxBat
Radeon R520

FoxBat is still being judged by the masses

So anyone have a guess in what year this will even be released?
FoxBat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2013, 07:51 AM   #10
Andy22
Radeon R700

Andy22 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxBat View Post
So anyone have a guess in what year this will even be released?
Based on the fact that it's already so deep into development I think it's a 2013 release. Could be pushed back if they add stretch goals.
Andy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2013, 07:40 AM   #11
Andy22
Radeon R700

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler View Post
Only a little over $65k to go with 21 days left. Looks like almost a sure thing which is great because I am really looking forward to this.
Old Apr 5, 2013, 07:43 AM   #12
Mangler
PC

Mangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

I'm surprised about the lack of attention for this kickstarter.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2013, 01:39 PM   #13
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy22 View Post
Only a little over $65k to go with 21 days left. Looks like almost a sure thing which is great because I am really looking forward to this.
Great news! Guess I need to donate some money

Last edited by Dungeoncrawler : Apr 5, 2013 at 01:42 PM.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2013, 12:09 PM   #14
Mangler
PC

Mangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Old Apr 6, 2013, 12:41 PM   #15
Mangler
PC

I really hope they manage to reach the stretch goals.

Old Apr 8, 2013, 02:43 PM   #16
Mangler
PC

$13K left, looks like it will not hit any of the fancy stretch goals.
Old Apr 8, 2013, 02:47 PM   #17
BababooeyHTJ
Radeon Arctic Islands

BababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird sings

Yeah, I don't think that they'll hit much past 500,000.
BababooeyHTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2013, 09:12 AM   #18
Mangler
PC

Old Apr 9, 2013, 10:43 AM   #19
badboy
Merc with a mouth

badboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird sings

why doesnt it already have $1million
Did everyone blow their money on torment?

The dual characters feature is damn awesome and first time I have ever seen anything like that in a game + it has drop in/drop out multi
Its like here is a cake with another cake on top of it NOM NOM NOM

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." - Richard Dawkins

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

"I'll happily keep risking it and enjoy my life" - Doozer

Luke: "God will make sure that evil gets punished"
Jason: "Oh yeah, then explain Europe to me?"
- True Blood
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2013, 10:18 AM   #20
Mangler
PC

They now got $800k with 24 hours left, I really hope they reach $1.000.000, but I doubt they will raise 200k with so little time left.
Old Apr 26, 2013, 09:13 AM   #21
Mangler
PC

Quote:
The last stretch goal

At the time of writing we are around 90K away from reaching our final stretch goal, taking into account paypal and the fundraisers by RPGCodex & RPGWatch.

We're homing in!
So close, but there is only ~2 hours left.

and at the same time.

Last edited by Mangler : Apr 26, 2013 at 09:53 AM. Reason: two not one
Old Apr 26, 2013, 09:44 AM   #22
Yceman
Radeon R600

Yceman is still being judged by the masses

Pledged at the last minute, even though I'm not nearly as excited about this as I am about Torment
Yceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2013, 09:53 AM   #23
Mangler
PC

They only need 40K now, with 81 minutes left.
Old Apr 26, 2013, 10:36 AM   #24
KAC
Whatever

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

has potential.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2013, 11:13 AM   #25
Mangler
PC

They "only" got $995K, but they are doing the final stretch goals anyway.
Old Apr 26, 2013, 11:56 AM   #26
Andy22
Radeon R700

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
They "only" got $995K, but they are doing the final stretch goals anyway.
That's cool of them. That's the stretch goal I most wanted. Very excited about this game!
Old Apr 26, 2013, 12:07 PM   #27
Munkus
Official taste-tester

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Stretch goals are fine, as long as they're wearing yoga pants while stretching.
Old Apr 26, 2013, 09:03 PM   #28
exitwound
Radeon R420

exitwound is still being judged by the masses

Looks promising. Hadn't heard about the kickstarter before yesterday when watching TotalBiscuit's pre-alpha session. I like the conversation system and how it actually defines what's going on around you.

exitwound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2014, 02:11 PM   #29
Mangler
PC

A notice for those of you who like unfinished games, the game is now on steam early access.
Old Jan 17, 2014, 03:35 PM   #30
Mangler
PC

This is crazy, people were not willing to back the kickstarter, but they seems to have no problems backing the game for more money through the early access.