Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Hardware
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Hardware Talk about PCs/Macs, motherboards, CPUs, sound cards, RAM, hard drives, networking and everything else about computer hardware!

Old Jan 6, 2022, 11:45 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwards

Subscriber
Default Possible new king of monitors? ... Alienware AW3423DW

Or at least the king of Ultrawides,

- 34"
- 3440 x 1440
- 21:9
- 175Hz
- Samsungs new QD-OLED tech
- 99.3 DCI-P3

Burn in you say?

“the new Alienware 34 Curved QD-OLED Gaming Monitor comes with improved OLED reliability and a 3-year premium warranty, including coverage for OLED burn-in, for additional peace of mind.”

https://tftcentral.co.uk/news/dell-a...z-refresh-rate

System:
Asus TUF Gaming X570-Pro - AMD Ryzen 7 5800x - Noctua NH-D15S chromax.Black - 32gb of G.Skill Trident Z NEO - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - XFX MERC 308 Radeon RX 6600XT - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2022, 11:45 PM   #2
KAC
All ur gays r belong 2 me

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Dope. Wished it was a 35 inch 16:9.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2022, 11:57 PM   #3
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Looks great. Hope they produce a 38" 1600p version eventually.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 7, 2022, 12:10 AM   #4
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

I gotta imagine that if the panel is being made by Samsung, they will be releasing an monitor, or series of, themselves at some point here.

But Dell's premium levels of warranty service is ****ing S-tier awesome sauce. Something I'm not entirely sure Samsung can possibly match.

System:
Asus TUF Gaming X570-Pro - AMD Ryzen 7 5800x - Noctua NH-D15S chromax.Black - 32gb of G.Skill Trident Z NEO - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - XFX MERC 308 Radeon RX 6600XT - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit
Old Jan 7, 2022, 01:16 AM   #5
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

32-34" 4K 16:9 please. I seen Acer is doing it with a Mini-LED. Do it with OLED damn it!
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2022, 01:44 AM   #6
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
32-34" 4K 16:9 please. I seen Acer is doing it with a Mini-LED. Do it with OLED damn it!
I'm betting they eventually do an OLED version of the Oddesy G8 Neo they recently announced. It's 32", 4k, 240Hz, Quantum Mini LED.

https://tftcentral.co.uk/news/samsun...-led-backlight

I'm just happy we are finally get OLED gaming monitors. Only a matter of time now for them to flood the market hopefully

System:
Old Jan 7, 2022, 02:41 AM   #7
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

I really like the G8, just wish it wasn't curved. It's also a very aggressive curve at 1000R which I don't understand for a 16:9 32" display.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 03:03 AM   #8
KAC
All ur gays r belong 2 me

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

I might move from G7 to G8 for a while until I get an OLED G8 or something.
But not sure if 3070 would be enjoyable for 4K gaming and even a 3090 might struggle so 240 Hz might be wasted.
Already used to 32 inch 1000R curve.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2022, 04:36 AM   #9
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Yeah that curve is atrocious. 32" does not need that, it looks stupid.

Giving my 38GL950G to my dad. Hopefully by March some of these monitors are available. Looks like ASUS just announced a 42" 120Hz OLED screen as well.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Old Jan 7, 2022, 04:46 AM   #10
Mangler
PC

Mangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

I'm tempted by that 32" samsung monitor, but apparently the release of the g9 NEO was a trainwreck, people are still having problems with firmware related issues.

And the launch of the vanilla g9 wasn't exactly smooth sailing either, seems like samsung is the DICE of the hardware world.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2022, 07:33 AM   #11
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Already used to 32 inch 1000R curve.
This. The eye gets used to it very quickly.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2022, 09:17 AM   #12
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
This. The eye gets used to it very quickly.
Its funny how the eye gets trained. After a couple months using a curved display whenever I'd go back to using a normal display it almost looked like it had an inverted backwards curve, because to me a curved display now seemed flatter. Like the edges curve back instead of towards me. Weird.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2022, 09:40 AM   #13
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
Its funny how the eye gets trained. After a couple months using a curved display whenever I'd go back to using a normal display it almost looked like it had an inverted backwards curve, because to me a curved display now seemed flatter. Like the edges curve back instead of towards me. Weird.
Right?

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2022, 10:05 AM   #14
Mangler
PC

Mangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

I honestly thought my current 16:9 monitor was convex even though it is flat after using curved monitors for so long.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2022, 10:22 AM   #15
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Glad to see I'm not the only one experiencing that phenomenon.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2022, 12:09 PM   #16
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
Looks great. Hope they produce a 38" 1600p version eventually.
Samsung is supposedly doing a wide range of gaming monitors using the nee tech. Watch the Linus video on it.

The burn in will still happen it will just take longer. And it's unknown how a desktop setting will effect burn in. It has to do with the fact that the new immittors use a fraction of the power due to the tech which is awesome.
Intel Core i9 10900K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus XII Apex, GSkill Trident-Z Royal DDR4 3200MHz 32GB CAS11, Asus Strix 3080Ti OC, Creative Labs SXFI Theater, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Hapatingjaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2022, 12:41 PM   #17
Gandalfthewhite
Hardware Enthusiast

Gandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

yeah.... id rather buy from dell for monitors. Samsungs QC is garbage and has been for years. Until they fix that I refuse to buy from them.

HOURGLASS = most appropriate named ICON/CURSOR in the Windows world :-)

In a dank corner of ATI central, the carpet covered with corn flakes, the faint sound of clicking can be heard........Click......click, click............as the fate of the graphics world and the future of the human race hangs in the balance.

I know....I know........Keep my day job :-)- catcather
Gandalfthewhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2022, 01:11 PM   #18
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapatingjaky View Post
Samsung is supposedly doing a wide range of gaming monitors using the nee tech. Watch the Linus video on it.

The burn in will still happen it will just take longer. And it's unknown how a desktop setting will effect burn in. It has to do with the fact that the new immittors use a fraction of the power due to the tech which is awesome.
Yea this was a cool video. Got me even more excited about the tech.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalfthewhite View Post
yeah.... id rather buy from dell for monitors. Samsungs QC is garbage and has been for years. Until they fix that I refuse to buy from them.
Yeah, wading through the QC issues on Samsung Electronic's Odyssey line of monitors, especially the G9 series, is appallingly unacceptable. To the point that now... I wouldn't recommend anyone buy a Samsung monitor unless your buying it from some where with a great return policy. Especially the Odyssey line. I wouldn't be surprised if they get sued over the G9 neo.

So kinda nice that Dell is the electronics company here, because Samsung Display's tech is awesome sauce. And its worth remembering that Samsung Display and Samsung Electronics are different.

System:
Old Jan 7, 2022, 02:34 PM   #19
fO Che -USA-
Radeon Northern Islands

fO Che -USA- can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyfO Che -USA- can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Wish it wasn't curved. Oh gee look now everyone likes glossy screens again. Glossy screens with good filters are the bomb.com, I can't look at these crap anti glare screens any longer.
Old Jan 10, 2022, 03:21 AM   #20
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Well, after seeing everything announced at CES, I think I'm going with the ASUS 42" or the LG 42" OLED. I don't see anyone announcing good stuff with the QN-OLED panel from Samsung in a reasonable size at 4K.

Hopefully we'll have availability by March.. otherwise I'll be hooking the PC up to my 65" C9 in the meantime lol
Old Jan 10, 2022, 11:13 AM   #21
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Subscriber

That was one element I found kinda funny. If none of these monitors come out at reasonable pricing or availability... people will just get the current LG's, Which are already pretty popular as monitors, or wait.

Something most of us are all probably used to thanks to this pandemic.

System:
Old Jan 10, 2022, 11:45 AM   #22
demo
space cadet

The issue I have with current OLED is brightness levels and color saturation. Picture looks dim and bland to me, but of course contrasts are outstanding. Samsungs QD-OLED is supposed to rectify this so will be looking towards those. After looking at the specs of the Alienware it also suffers very low brightness levels, though, and I do like a bright and vibrant picture.

EDIT/ The other thing I forgot to mention is Samsungs QD-OLED TV's will also support 144hz, instead of 120hz.

Last edited by demo : Jan 10, 2022 at 11:57 AM.
demo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2022, 01:04 PM   #23
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Unless you're playing in an area with the sun directly on your monitor, I don't know how much brighter you need it. My C9 OLED is blinding bright at max brightness in a dark room lol
Old Jan 10, 2022, 01:26 PM   #24
demo
space cadet

It's a common complaint, I'm not unique in that regard
Old Jan 10, 2022, 02:56 PM   #25
Nunz
RIP Roxen

I get the complaint for TVs since many people have them in a living room where sun comes in, etc. For a gaming monitor though, where you're hopefully locked in a dungeon with no windows? Lol
Old Jan 10, 2022, 03:20 PM   #26
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

The complaints about low nits on the current OLEDs are funny. Maybe most of those people dont actually use them as monitors OR play in direct sunlight.

I find the CX48 to be too bright when its on a white page and doesnt auto dim tbh.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2022, 06:48 PM   #27
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Progression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks0 View Post
Yea this was a cool video. Got me even more excited about the tech.

Yeah, wading through the QC issues on Samsung Electronic's Odyssey line of monitors, especially the G9 series, is appallingly unacceptable. To the point that now... I wouldn't recommend anyone buy a Samsung monitor unless your buying it from some where with a great return policy. Especially the Odyssey line. I wouldn't be surprised if they get sued over the G9 neo.

So kinda nice that Dell is the electronics company here, because Samsung Display's tech is awesome sauce. And its worth remembering that Samsung Display and Samsung Electronics are different.
I hope they come precalibrated tbh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
If you must listen to country [music], play it backwards. You get your woman back, the dog comes back to life, Momma pops out from under the train, and it stops raining. :)
Progression is offline   Reply With Quote