Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Archived Discussions » Radeon Technical Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Radeon Technical Support Radeon technical support forum for all Radeon products from the classic Radeon to the latest cutting edge family of graphics cards.

Old Oct 1, 2002, 05:53 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Crazyfan
Radeon R300

Crazyfan is still being judged by the masses

Default is this hardware issues or software issues?

I have ati 9700 +ga-8sg667 I have problem with D3D games(lockup), but dont have problem with Opengl games. everyone knows is that ati 9700 revision fault? or just driver issues? thx
Old Oct 1, 2002, 06:41 PM   #2
Dustin
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Dustin is still being judged by the masses

This is probably the most common problem. I really wish I could tell you what it is. Quite honestly, it doesnt' seem like a hardware issue with being only one API, but you never know.

The first thing that comes to my head when I read a problem like this is SP 1. For some reason, I've read a dozen or so posts that talk of removing SP 1 and being problem-free. This sticks in my head for some reason, I don't know why.

Other things to check are perhaps the 'hardware acceleration' mode if you have an SB Live. Other than that, nothing comes to my head right away.