Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Oct 11, 2020, 04:25 AM   #1651
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Clownies

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

I mean it's impossible not to be right? It's a self contained system, that in it self will make it front heavy.

The official battery on the back will help I imagine.
Old Oct 12, 2020, 03:43 PM   #1652
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Seems people are receiving their Quest2, anyone get theirs yet?
Old Oct 12, 2020, 04:55 PM   #1653
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroy View Post
Seems people are receiving their Quest2, anyone get theirs yet?
tomorrow... not sure what to fire up first, what about you all?
Vanz_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 14, 2020, 09:29 AM   #1654
Mangler
PC

Mangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

So, any of y'all got any Quest 2 Virtual Desktop impressions?

I really hope it is as good as people claim, as my first Q2 experience will be via VD, since my link and elite strap order got delayed.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2020, 06:25 AM   #1655
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

https://www.roadtovr.com/facebook-ex...ms-of-service/

Facebook is the police and law. If you don't like freedoms, you'll probably like Oculus.

"Facebook’s expanded VR policies, updated this week just ahead of the launch of Oculus Quest 2, make it clear: behavioral etiquette in VR is not up to the community, it’s up to Facebook. And that means that doing something like intentionally invading someone’s personal space or making rude gestures may result in platform-level punishment that limits or disables the use of your headset."
Old Oct 17, 2020, 04:39 AM   #1656
CyanBlues
Radeon Southern Islands

CyanBlues once held a door open for a complete strangerCyanBlues once held a door open for a complete strangerCyanBlues once held a door open for a complete strangerCyanBlues once held a door open for a complete stranger

well, people are getting useless quest 2 also with not being able to register with facebook or getting ban from alt facebook account etc.

https://uploadvr.com/facebook-accoun...t-paperweight/

Quote:
We’re seeing reports from Quest 2 buyers who aren’t on Facebook finding difficulty creating an account. Facebook’s account verification system- reportedly administered by a machine learning agent– may ask for photographic evidence of identity. That evidence seems to be reviewed by a human, since it can apparently take weeks to process.
Others trying to re-activate old accounts to use their brand new Quest 2 also report instant suspensions. Trying to create a new account also fails.
Old Oct 20, 2020, 11:17 AM   #1657
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Yup, they are going to need to reverse course on this. On the upside it's shines a big ass light on a massive FB failing... yea I didn't really care about that either

System:
Asus TUF Gaming X570-Pro - AMD Ryzen 7 5800x - Noctua NH-D15S chromax.Black - 32gb of G.Skill Trident Z NEO - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - XFX MERC 308 Radeon RX 6600XT - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2020, 08:16 AM   #1658
CyanBlues
Radeon Southern Islands

CyanBlues once held a door open for a complete strangerCyanBlues once held a door open for a complete strangerCyanBlues once held a door open for a complete strangerCyanBlues once held a door open for a complete stranger

https://www.reddit.com/r/virtualreal..._and_facebook/

Quote:
Due to recent events it is clear that what is happening with the requirements for having a Facebook Account to use your personal device is wrong. Many people feel that they are being treated unfairly and forced into Facebook. German users are not even able to buy any recent Oculus Devices from now on, nor use their headsets after 2022.
Many users have also been banned from Facebook, sometimes instantly. Due to this they lost access to content they paid for and their devices become unusable. Creating a new Facebook account is impossible for these users and would violate the TOS.
Other users who want to have a special device for their guests are also out of luck.
There is now a discord for everyone to come together for the Class Action Lawsuit. It is important that the ball gets rolling on this. The discord is meant as a starting point until we find a more suitable location and lawyers to pick up the case.
Discord link: https://discord.gg/zjX67Ey
Edit: In talks with lawyers and it's going well. Channel grew by 150 users within a day. There's a case to be made in Europe. Especially in Germany. In America people need to be aware to send a letter to opt-out of a certain clause to be eligible for a lawsuit there. (More research required here).
Thank you all for the overwhelming support! More is coming!

lol, they knew what facebook could do, but still bought a facebook/oculus product and are now complaining about it.
Old Oct 26, 2020, 09:04 PM   #1659
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwards

Yeah, I wouldn't even consider an Oculus device from here on out. Sucks that there are no other mobile tetherless headsets, but for PC VR there are better options for wireless anyway (Vive Pro/Vive Cosmos Elite). Whatever plus there is for being able to run without a PC just isn't worth putting up with Facebook's overbearing crap.

I'm sure some people are still going to roll the dice, but I won't be one of them.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2020, 07:09 AM   #1660
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
Yeah, I wouldn't even consider an Oculus device from here on out. Sucks that there are no other mobile tetherless headsets, but for PC VR there are better options for wireless anyway (Vive Pro/Vive Cosmos Elite). Whatever plus there is for being able to run without a PC just isn't worth putting up with Facebook's overbearing crap.

I'm sure some people are still going to roll the dice, but I won't be one of them.
Well price is hard to beat at $299. Cant say I'm not in the market as I have a Quest 1 I haven't touched much in the last few months. But all the ones you mentioned are far more expensive.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2020, 07:12 AM   #1661
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
I mean it's impossible not to be right? It's a self contained system, that in it self will make it front heavy.

The official battery on the back will help I imagine.
They needed to create a support system I think something like the PSVR where it isn't using your face to support it.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2020, 03:06 PM   #1662
SirBaron

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyanBlues View Post
https://www.reddit.com/r/virtualreal..._and_facebook/

lol, they knew what facebook could do, but still bought a facebook/oculus product and are now complaining about it.
Article is false, you can still use the headset in germany after 2022 lol.

I have a quest 2 that isn't sold in Germany yet I'm using my facebook account all fine and dandy.
Old Nov 10, 2020, 04:03 PM   #1663
CyanBlues
Radeon Southern Islands

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/f...artner=ggdeals Humble Bundle fall VR bundle is up, most of the games are pretty good too
Old Nov 13, 2020, 11:28 PM   #1664
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Old Nov 17, 2020, 12:14 PM   #1665
AllexxisF1
F- Insurrectionists

AllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English Channel

I picked up the Oculus Quest 2 last Wednesday as an early birthday gift. I am freaking impressed with the visual quality of the panel and a few other things. Compared to my CV1, this thing is an orders of magnitude better.

However, I did notice the quality of some game titles played on the pc (DCS World and CARS ) was a bit lacking in the view distance.

The new update was released a couple of days ago, and frankly I find the idea of a lottery wait and download a bit ridiculous. But I can't wait to see it at 90Hz with additional quality settings.

Honestly for the price, it's an amazing piece of kit.
AllexxisF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2020, 01:24 PM   #1666
Mangler
PC

Mangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

I think I'm just going to sideload the 90hz update if it doesn't automagically appear this week.
Old Nov 18, 2020, 01:42 PM   #1667
AllexxisF1
F- Insurrectionists

AllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English Channel

Yeah, waiting for this update is just plain bananas.

Like seriously, WTF? why not just release the update.
Old Nov 18, 2020, 01:45 PM   #1668
SirBaron

You can force the update, I did about 1 hour after it came out.

https://www.reddit.com/r/OculusQuest..._now_skip_the/

Set my bitrate to 500mbps, 90hz and resolution to 1.2x in the oculus app settings and now things look flawless.
Old Nov 18, 2020, 02:18 PM   #1669
AllexxisF1
F- Insurrectionists

Isn't there a chance that my Quest 2 could be bricked or banned?
Old Nov 18, 2020, 02:33 PM   #1670
SirBaron

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllexxisF1 View Post
Isn't there a chance that my Quest 2 could be bricked or banned?
banned no, bricked, if the quest was to lose connection during the transfer maybe? No idea, I did it anyway as I don't like waiting
Old Nov 18, 2020, 04:11 PM   #1671
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwards

Hmmm HP Reverb G2 is supposed to be shipping now?
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2020, 04:24 PM   #1672
CyanBlues
Radeon Southern Islands

yeah people are getting their hands on them now, everything about it is great but just okay tracking, better then original WMR but less then oculus quest 2, probably great for 90-95 percent of the time
Old Nov 18, 2020, 07:51 PM   #1673
MangaSpawn64
( o Y o )

MangaSpawn64 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmMangaSpawn64 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmMangaSpawn64 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmMangaSpawn64 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmMangaSpawn64 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmMangaSpawn64 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmMangaSpawn64 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmMangaSpawn64 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmMangaSpawn64 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmMangaSpawn64 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmMangaSpawn64 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyanBlues View Post
yeah people are getting their hands on them now, everything about it is great but just okay tracking, better then original WMR but less then oculus quest 2, probably great for 90-95 percent of the time
That's 75 % better than my PSVR Would be fine with me

It's like unicorns vomiting chocolate rainbows all over me as I float through a lollipop garden on a magic carpet.

"Yes, but God has the right to get away with anything. Shoot animals, make ugly women, allow the existence of religious nuts, and watch liederhosen-wearing midget poodle-licking pornography. God's a sick bastard." - OzzieBloke

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes. ;-)

God, give us grace to accept with serenity the things that cannot be changed, courage to change the things which should be changed, and the wisdom to distinguish the one from the other.
MangaSpawn64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2020, 08:00 PM   #1674
AllexxisF1
F- Insurrectionists

Got the update for both the pc and VR unit. I'll mess with it tomorrow.

Last edited by AllexxisF1 : Nov 19, 2020 at 08:27 AM.
Old Nov 19, 2020, 05:46 AM   #1675
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

I don't understand this post in the Reddit HP G2 area:

What the heck is a lens distortion map for VR?

Quote:
Just wanted to point out the 50% per eye resolution recommendation is not making up for lens distortion maps and will result in aliasing in the image.

Even though the 50% setting is close to the native resolution of the panels, the rendering should be higher than native resolution to compensate for lens distortion.

On the valve index, the panels are 1440x1600, but the default 100% super sampling setting is 2016x2240.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ValveIndex/...g_to/?sort=top

https://www.reddit.com/r/ValveIndex/...eamvr?sort=top

This is to make up for the larger distorted image rendered to fill the whole lenses.

Rendering at 50% on the G2, close to the native resolution, results in lots of aliasing in the displays images. I tried it with racing games and you can see artifacts on the track and in the distance.

I'm not sure what the right default multiplier is to make make up for the distortion mapping in the G2, but going by the 1.4 value for the default in the Index settings, that would mean the G2 might need at least 3024x3024 (2160 * 1.4). I'm not close to my PC right now to verify what the super sampling setting is that would give you 3024x3024. Maybe the actual multiplier to make up for the lens distortion maps is lower than 1.4 but I haven't found a straight answer to that.
https://old.reddit.com/r/HPReverb/co...questions_and/
Old Nov 19, 2020, 08:21 AM   #1676
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwards

That's a good question. I thought the headset was supposed to be plug n play.

That's how my current Samsung Odyssey is and it works great with SteamVR, I have no idea what they're talking about there about distortion.

I know you can up the super sampling to get a crisper image but distortion mapping? Had my hopes up for this headset...
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2020, 12:07 AM   #1677
Nagorak

Nagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroy View Post
I don't understand this post in the Reddit HP G2 area:

What the heck is a lens distortion map for VR?

https://old.reddit.com/r/HPReverb/co...questions_and/
From what I understand: VR headsets are rendered at a higher res than the number of pixels they display, since the rendered image has to be adjusted for the distortion introduced by the lenses. Thus, you can't simply run them at the native resolution of the LCD panels.

Most of the VR headsets besides WMR effectively include a small amount of super sampling to account for that. WMR doesn't seem to, in my experience. For example, the Vive Pro and Samsung Odyssey(+) have the same LCD panels, but the stated "100%" resolution of the Vive Pro is higher than the Odyssey. The Samsung Odyssey isn't that hard to drive though, so you should run with some super sampling anyway.

So, what I think the post is saying is you can't just run the HP Reverb at its rated resolution or you get a lot of aliasing. Thus, the requirements to run the headset with good results are pretty damn high.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
That's a good question. I thought the headset was supposed to be plug n play.

That's how my current Samsung Odyssey is and it works great with SteamVR, I have no idea what they're talking about there about distortion.

I know you can up the super sampling to get a crisper image but distortion mapping? Had my hopes up for this headset...
It will be plug and play. All headsets potentially benefit from super sampling, so that is not something that hard to configure on the user side. You can't adjust any sort of distortion mapping stuff on the user side (at least not easily). It's just that the way WMR sets res you may benefit more from a moderate amount of SS. In the end, it really comes down to whether your GPU can put out the frame rate to handle any additional super sampling, otherwise you're trading off frame rate and having to put up with reprojection (although that can be OK with things like timewarp and spacewarp).

Bottom line: Headsets like the Reverb G2 are why VR still needs more brute force GPU power.

Last edited by Nagorak : Nov 20, 2020 at 12:13 AM.
Old Nov 20, 2020, 11:29 AM   #1678
Mangler
PC

A free copy of asgard would have been nice, but no, **** early adopters.
Old Nov 22, 2020, 01:12 AM   #1679
Nagorak

It looks like the RTX 3000 series is still the better choice in VR than the Radeon 6000 series. The 6800 XT still performs well, and both cards are likely more than enough for almost all games, but the 3080 was slightly faster on average.

https://babeltechreviews.com/vr-wars...e-benchmarked/
Old Nov 22, 2020, 01:15 AM   #1680
SirBaron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
A free copy of asgard would have been nice, but no, **** early adopters.
If people make a stink about it they will change, they've backtracked before on this stuff.