Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old May 22, 2021, 10:54 AM   #1021
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badges

ITS FINALLY HAPPENING!!!!

https://hard-drive.net/sony-releases...he-disc-drive/
TOKYO — Sony announced this morning that they have developed a PlayStation 5 that’s just the disc drive.

“We did the PS5 that had a console and a disc drive. Then we did a PS5 that had a console and no disc drive. Well I think our fans would be pretty disappointed if we didn’t complete the trifecta and release a PS5 that was no console and just a disc drive,” said a statement from Sony today on social media. “Well that’s exactly what we have done. Introducing: the Disc Drive PS5.”

Sony Interactive Entertainment CEO Jim Ryan released a quick video after the announcement to explain the specs of the new console.

“We are incredibly excited for fans to get their hands on the Disc Drive PS5, which is, of course, just a disc drive, and not attached to any console at all,” Ryan explained. “Fans will be able to insert any physical copy of a PlayStation 5 game into their disc drive, and watch it spin around. They will not be able to play any games on the PS5, or connect to a TV or monitor, but they can watch the disc spin around in that drive all they want. The launch price for the new console will be $499.”

Ryzen 5 5600x - radeon 6700xt - 32 gigs memory

Nintendo: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega: Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
Sony: PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
Microsoft: og xbox, xbox360, xbone, series 3
Atari: Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo: Neo Geo Pocket Color
Other: Colecovision, Intellivision, Vectrex

riva tnt
tnt2
geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon 8500
radeon 9600
radeon 9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2021, 10:58 AM   #1022
Mangler
PC

Mangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

It's NOT OK to joke about sony products.

Reflect on your behavior and then commit Sudoku, it is the only way to right your mistakes.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2021, 12:21 PM   #1023
KAC
All ur gays r belong 2 me

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

What would you do with only a disc drive?
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 22, 2021, 03:01 PM   #1024
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
What would you do with only a disc drive?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Time is the school in which we learn, Time is the fire in which we burn. *Delmore Schwartz*

Silent-Runner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2021, 03:14 PM   #1025
jimjobob
Radeon Caribbean Islands

jimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete stranger

Sad thing is, if they came out with an external disc drive for the digital edition, it would sell.
jimjobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2021, 12:23 AM   #1026
Ziklitschli
ziklitschlintorn

Location: Poland Where the pure lab reseach data show no life can exist
Ziklitschli can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyZiklitschli can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyZiklitschli can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I would buy actualy heh. I wanted disc edition, but they were selling it only with a 2nd pad (I have 5 ps4 ones already that I can use for now) and 2 games at over 300$ equivalent more. The surely inflated price of a separate drive, I'd save much more in just few months as there are great deals on used disc versions.

Garth Merenghi quotes
Most of you will probably know me already from my extensive canon of chillers including "Afterbirth" in which a mutated placenta attacks Bristol.

Everyone has a special talent. Mine is being able to write, produce direct, act, paint... Other people are good plumbers, that's their gift.

There are rebels and there are innovators. I'm a rebel. I play a rebel brain expert who's in rebelliance against conventional logic, who's in rebelliance against the world order. It's about rebelliance. And if that's not being an innovator, I don't know what is.

In times of conflict, when you're up against an agressor, be he human, be he inhuman, whoe'er he be, often he is both.

Greetings traveller. Who am I? Perhaps you have met me twixt sleep and and wake - in the penumbra of uncertainity you call unconsiousness... you know, my books are essentialy about "what ifs". In "Black Fang" I asked - what if a rat could drive a bus? And what if it and its rat brethren took over and ate Parliment?

A lot of people say "Garth Merenghi? Doesn't he write that horror crap?" Well, you're an idiot, because my books always say something, even if it's simple like "Don't geneticaly engineer crabs to be as big as man". There's always a message or a theme.
Ziklitschli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2021, 12:31 AM   #1027
Ziklitschli
ziklitschlintorn

Location: Poland Where the pure lab reseach data show no life can exist
Ziklitschli can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyZiklitschli can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyZiklitschli can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Btw I'm really happy with the console, it's silent loads quick etc. But, I'm really dissapointed in how Sony handles its exclusives. How is Bloodborne still 1080p 30? It even drops, if that's not something else, and has no antialiasing whatsoever. Killzone 1080p 30, multiplayer half res (horizontal or vertical, not sure), Order 1866 1080p 30, Driveclub same etc etc. God of War, checkerboard 4k, Horizon as well I think, Uncharted 2560. It's lazy and stupid on Sony's part.

Garth Merenghi quotes
Most of you will probably know me already from my extensive canon of chillers including "Afterbirth" in which a mutated placenta attacks Bristol.

Everyone has a special talent. Mine is being able to write, produce direct, act, paint... Other people are good plumbers, that's their gift.

There are rebels and there are innovators. I'm a rebel. I play a rebel brain expert who's in rebelliance against conventional logic, who's in rebelliance against the world order. It's about rebelliance. And if that's not being an innovator, I don't know what is.

In times of conflict, when you're up against an agressor, be he human, be he inhuman, whoe'er he be, often he is both.

Greetings traveller. Who am I? Perhaps you have met me twixt sleep and and wake - in the penumbra of uncertainity you call unconsiousness... you know, my books are essentialy about "what ifs". In "Black Fang" I asked - what if a rat could drive a bus? And what if it and its rat brethren took over and ate Parliment?

A lot of people say "Garth Merenghi? Doesn't he write that horror crap?" Well, you're an idiot, because my books always say something, even if it's simple like "Don't geneticaly engineer crabs to be as big as man". There's always a message or a theme.
Ziklitschli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2021, 01:55 AM   #1028
Ravens Nest
R380

Ravens Nest once held a door open for a complete strangerRavens Nest once held a door open for a complete strangerRavens Nest once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziklitschli View Post
Btw I'm really happy with the console, it's silent loads quick etc. But, I'm really disappointed in how Sony handles its exclusives. How is Bloodborne still 1080p 30? It even drops, if that's not something else, and has no antialiasing whatsoever. Killzone 1080p 30, multiplayer half res (horizontal or vertical, not sure), Order 1866 1080p 30, Driveclub same etc etc. God of War, checkerboard 4k, Horizon as well I think, Uncharted 2560. It's lazy and stupid on Sony's part.
There really shooting themselves in the foot doing this, I think they're resting on they're laurels as there selling twice as many PS5's then Microsoft with its series X.
https://www.givemesport.com/1695254-...ble-in-q1-2021

They seem to think its ok to not bother too much with optimizing there existing PS4 library or finding a way to allow you to play your PS1-PS3 games on it, whereas Series X can play nearly every old game and a lot of them are much improved with 60fps and higher resolution on some games.

Also the other thing for me is I could put Retroarch on an Xbox and play some of my older games and a whole lot of the older Sony machines on it too.

Last edited by Ravens Nest : May 24, 2021 at 02:03 AM.
Ravens Nest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2021, 11:24 AM   #1029
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens Nest View Post
There really shooting themselves in the foot doing this, I think they're resting on they're laurels as there selling twice as many PS5's then Microsoft with its series X.
https://www.givemesport.com/1695254-...ble-in-q1-2021

They seem to think its ok to not bother too much with optimizing there existing PS4 library or finding a way to allow you to play your PS1-PS3 games on it, whereas Series X can play nearly every old game and a lot of them are much improved with 60fps and higher resolution on some games.

Also the other thing for me is I could put Retroarch on an Xbox and play some of my older games and a whole lot of the older Sony machines on it too.
This. In many ways, MS is firing on all cylinders right now, while Sony is very much resting on their laurels.

I think it's largely because MS had a more comprehensive strategy for both backwards and forwards compatibility, established very early on, and structured their whole platform architecture around it. Sony "still believes in console generations", and everything else is very much an afterthought.

At this moment, MS seems to have better predicted how this console transition would play out, planning for a more gradual easing-in of the new consoles, without relying on alot of big exclusives to kick off the generation.

That being said, Sony is still winning the generation... although at this moment it seems to be more about supply than demand.

Nintendo: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds

riva tnt
tnt2
geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon 8500
radeon 9600
radeon 9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2021, 04:01 PM   #1030
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

My Black dbrand ps5 covers shipped today
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2021, 04:20 PM   #1031
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Mine too!!
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2021, 05:03 PM   #1032
Cyko
Your New Lord

Cyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

I had the black for a bit. Looked good but I get bored easily so I switched it out for a Cthulhu skin…

https://www.trezn.com/products/cthulu-console-skin

Alpha
| Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |

Cyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2021, 05:35 PM   #1033
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyko View Post
I had the black for a bit. Looked good but I get bored easily so I switched it out for a Cthulhu skin…

https://www.trezn.com/products/cthulu-console-skin

Whoa! Thanks for posting the link because I'll be swapping stuff out too

Speaking of Cthulhu I finished Returnal. I can't give it enough thumbs up. Mini review going in it's thread.
Old May 27, 2021, 11:09 PM   #1034
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

SD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird sings

You guys seen this yet? Pretty amazing!

SD-[Inc] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2021, 02:12 AM   #1035
KAC

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

I may have jizzed after watching Horizon Forbidden West gameplay. I hope it comes to PC.
Old May 28, 2021, 03:24 PM   #1036
Tyr-Sog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Tyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete strangerTyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete strangerTyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete stranger

Any word on a PS5pro?

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 5 G1 - nVidia Gigabyte RTX 3070 OC - Samsung EVO 850 SSD - Intel I5 6600K - crucial 16GB DDR4 - Intel 240ssd5 & WD 1TB 7200rpm - corsair 750ps - HP OMEN 27i -
- corsair spec alpha carbide series case - corsair K70 Rapidfire RGB MX keyboard - Logitech G502 - Sennheiser G4ME One Headset

MSI GE62 Apache Pro Gaming Laptop - nVidia 970m - Intel I7 5700 - 16GB DDR3 - 128ssd & 1TB 7200rpm

XBone - TyrSog76
PSN - - Tyr-Sog_
Steam - Tyr-Sog
Tyr-Sog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2021, 03:37 PM   #1037
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyr-Sog View Post
Any word on a PS5pro?
Kind of...

https://www.digitimes.com/news/a20210506PD208.html

Quote:
Suppliers including foundry TSMC are expected to kick off production for the redesign of Sony's PlayStation 5 (PS5) games console between the second and third quarters of 2022, according to industry sources.
Old May 28, 2021, 04:13 PM   #1038
Mangler
PC

Mangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Sounds like that is the slim/cheaper to manufacture edition.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2021, 11:51 PM   #1039
KAC

There is no pro for at least 3-4 years.
Old Jun 2, 2021, 03:21 PM   #1040
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Clownies

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kain View Post
Is 3D audio still coming for speaker setups? If I recall correctly, Mark Cerny stated (in the first PS5 "deep dive" presentation) that they would start with headphones first and expand it to cover TV speakers and home theater setups later on.
I don't see how that is possible?

The whole 3D audio with headphones works precisely because the sound is right next to your ears from both sides, with minimal delay.

So they can use complex algorithms to create delay/volume change in either side of the ear sound to mimick how your ear would hear sound too. (the reason you can hear 3D sound but with only 2 years).

If you did that with speakers or tv speakers it's impossible. 1. Because the sound is coming from the front of you, thus making any sort of 3D sound not going to work.

Hence why you have to get complex speaker systems to achieve "surround sound" but not to the level you can get with Headphones and complex Codecs.
Old Jun 2, 2021, 03:25 PM   #1041
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

My dbrand plates came in. The matte black looks fantastic. Sony should have released the console in black from the beginning; looks much more sleek.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2021, 04:34 PM   #1042
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Got mine last night, and you're right Nunz. Looking at it I just don't understand why Sony chose only white. Matte black is so much better looking.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 05:23 AM   #1043
KAC

So you also bought a black controller?
Old Jun 3, 2021, 12:56 PM   #1044
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD-[Inc] View Post
You guys seen this yet? Pretty amazing!

that looks nuts.

"Time is the school in which we learn, Time is the fire in which we burn. *Delmore Schwartz*

Silent-Runner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2021, 01:16 PM   #1045
Tyr-Sog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Tyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete strangerTyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete strangerTyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete stranger

7 months in? It would be nice to be able to get one of these now..

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 5 G1 - nVidia Gigabyte RTX 3070 OC - Samsung EVO 850 SSD - Intel I5 6600K - crucial 16GB DDR4 - Intel 240ssd5 & WD 1TB 7200rpm - corsair 750ps - HP OMEN 27i -
- corsair spec alpha carbide series case - corsair K70 Rapidfire RGB MX keyboard - Logitech G502 - Sennheiser G4ME One Headset

MSI GE62 Apache Pro Gaming Laptop - nVidia 970m - Intel I7 5700 - 16GB DDR3 - 128ssd & 1TB 7200rpm

XBone - TyrSog76
PSN - - Tyr-Sog_
Steam - Tyr-Sog
Tyr-Sog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2021, 10:26 AM   #1046
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyr-Sog View Post
7 months in? It would be nice to be able to get one of these now..
Sony direct ssems to be the best chance for folks I know. Just keep logging in a few times a day and trying. You'll land one eventually.
Old Jun 7, 2021, 02:59 PM   #1047
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

SD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
Sony direct ssems to be the best chance for folks I know. Just keep logging in a few times a day and trying. You'll land one eventually.
Sales on Sony Direct are few and far between. I missed by 4 minutes last one. It’s still next to impossible if you don’t have someone that can monitor the restocks full time. Not sure when it improves. Why are the exclusives taking so long too? I get the overall chip shortage problem on HW. But, why so long on games? Luck for us that can’t get one though. It would be super frustrating if great exclusives were coming out while we are stuck hitting refresh in our browser
SD-[Inc] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2021, 05:43 PM   #1048
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD-[Inc] View Post
Sales on Sony Direct are few and far between. I missed by 4 minutes last one. It’s still next to impossible if you don’t have someone that can monitor the restocks full time. Not sure when it improves. Why are the exclusives taking so long too? I get the overall chip shortage problem on HW. But, why so long on games? Luck for us that can’t get one though. It would be super frustrating if great exclusives were coming out while we are stuck hitting refresh in our browser
It sounds like they've slowed down a bit. All I can say is hopefully it changes soon...

The games are a whole other problem..I'm glad I'm enjoying what I bought, but I would really like to see more available.

Crazy times to be a gamer.
Old Jun 7, 2021, 05:50 PM   #1049
Java Cool Dude
With my family

Java Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled with

Have you seen the prices of regular PS4s?! That is if you can snag one to begin with...
Java Cool Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2021, 10:59 PM   #1050
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Java Cool Dude View Post
Have you seen the prices of regular PS4s?! That is if you can snag one to begin with...
That's crazy. A year ago I was seeing tons of xbones for under a hundred bucks, and PS4s for not much more. The whole world is whacked out right now.

riva tnt
tnt2
geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon 8500
radeon 9600