Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Hardware
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Hardware Talk about PCs/Macs, motherboards, CPUs, sound cards, RAM, hard drives, networking and everything else about computer hardware!

Old Jan 3, 2022, 06:56 PM   #511
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
If 6000 series is on AM4 then I won’t be getting AL.
That is a good question, rumors have it going both ways so far.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2022, 02:59 AM   #512
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
Yeah I know I just want to test gaming in XMP 2 as is since I haven’t done much gaming then move to XMP 1, test, see what up and then determine how to proceed from there. Then when a new BIOS come out I want to see if the volts have changed. I’ll then bump the memory back up for maximum performance.

Part of the learning curve.

Crashed in WD Legion using XMP II. Loads of people complaining on reddit and ASUS forums.

Looking at the boards compatible memory, my F4-3200C14D-16GTZR doesn't appear in there. I guess I'll need to wait for more memory support/BIOs update to come out for an official fix. Will up SA and DRAM voltage if issue persists.

https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/ro...esk_qvl_memory

Last edited by Megaman : Jan 5, 2022 at 03:10 AM.
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2022, 08:09 AM   #513
fO Che -USA-
Radeon Northern Islands

fO Che -USA- can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyfO Che -USA- can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

The memory I use isn't on the list either. F4-3200C14D-16GFX says it's designed for AMD platforms. I have to use XMP1 when I force 1t command rate. This kit defaulted to 1T on AMD platforms.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 10, 2022, 08:29 PM   #514
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I wonder if this was my game crashing problem. I haven’t run into any problems since I last posted. /shrug

https://videocardz.com/newz/intel-fu...ake-processors
Old Jan 10, 2022, 09:09 PM   #515
KAC
All ur gays r belong 2 me

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
I wonder if this was my game crashing problem. I haven’t run into any problems since I last posted. /shrug

https://videocardz.com/newz/intel-fu...ake-processors
Or maybe because you are mega gay and the CPU was adjusting to your gayness.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2022, 09:30 PM   #516
Megaman
Packing heat!

Your technical advice is highly regarded.
Old Jan 10, 2022, 11:27 PM   #517
KAC

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

You are welcome.
Old Jan 16, 2022, 04:05 AM   #518
Megaman
Packing heat!

Old Jan 16, 2022, 10:21 AM   #519
KAC

lol Der Bauer clocks 12400 past 12600K for gaming. Apparently Asus apex and hero boards have a setting that unlocks non K proc overclocking.
Old Jan 23, 2022, 04:58 AM   #520
Megaman
Packing heat!

Old Jan 24, 2022, 04:41 AM   #521
12Bass
Quantum Bleep

12Bass can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty12Bass can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

After der8auer found out how to overclock the 12400, this is Intel's response: https://wccftech.com/intel-warns-use...ites-damaging/

Or perhaps it is damaging their profits...
Old Jan 24, 2022, 04:44 AM   #522
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

I mean, it's not an unlocked processor, so of course Intel is going to say that. They promote OCing for their "K" unlocked chips.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2022, 05:41 AM   #523
12Bass
Quantum Bleep

12Bass can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty12Bass can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Did you see der8auer's results with the 12400? Killer gaming chip... and the OC works on some B660 boards too. An overclocker's dream... cheap and great OCer that competes with CPUs that are double the price.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 05:47 AM   #524
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Yeah it's good, but remember that it's very possible he just has a good sample.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Old Jan 30, 2022, 05:59 PM   #525
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Default Overclocked Intel Core i9-12900KS has allegedly been tested with Cinebench R23

https://videocardz.com/newz/overcloc...-cinebench-r23

"Intel has been teasing this CPU with all Performance core boost up to 5.2 GHz and a single-core boost going up to 5.5 GHz. A Cinebench R23 test which has just been discovered by HXL over at Taobao marketplace features an all-core clock of 5.4 GHz. The CPU allegedly scored 29519 points in the CB R23 multi-core test which is pretty much as expected."

yoz
Old Feb 18, 2022, 10:28 AM   #526
acroig
Troll SMod

yoz
Old Mar 26, 2022, 11:39 PM   #527
KAC

Got some Gs lying around. Still a good time to buy alder lake?
Was thinking about 12900k and Strix Z690 with 6000 DDR5 and a 3090Ti?

Waste of money?
Old Mar 27, 2022, 10:46 AM   #528
lmchv
Planet Express

lmchv once held a door open for a complete strangerlmchv once held a door open for a complete strangerlmchv once held a door open for a complete stranger

I upgraded from a 9900K+ROG Maximus Formula Z390+DDR4-3000 to a 12900K+Maximus Formula Z690+DDR5-5200 and the performance difference is noticeable. TimeSpy CPU score jumped from 11178 to 19314
BEHEMOTH (Desktop): Asus ROG Maximus Z690 Formula | Intel Core i9 12900K + Asus ROG Strix LC 240 | Kingston Fury 64GB DDR5-5200 | LG 27GN950-b [email protected] | PowerColor Red Devil Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB | CoolerMaster Cosmos C700P + Asus ROG Thor 1200W Platinum | Sound Blaster X AE-5 + Edifier R1280DBs + Edifier T5 + Logitech G935 | HyperX Alloy Elite RGB CherryMX Red + Logitech G502 Lightspeed + Logitech Powerplay | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe SSD 2TB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe SSD 2TB | LG BD-RE | Windows 11 Pro

Charquito (Desktop): Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Intel Core i9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz + Asus ROG Ryuo 240 | Corsair Ballistic 32GB DDR4-3000 | Dell U2713HM 27" | Asus ROG Strix Geforce GTX1080| Cooler Master Cosmos 2 + Thermaltake Toughpower 1200W | Logitech MK850 Performance | Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 512GB | Sony BD-ROM | Windows 11 Pro

Bloodzone.net Moderator
lmchv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2022, 08:10 PM   #529
Shapeshifter
Radeon Arctic Islands

Shapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Got some Gs lying around. Still a good time to buy alder lake?
Was thinking about 12900k and Strix Z690 with 6000 DDR5 and a 3090Ti?

Waste of money?
considering your current system I'd wait to see what the 5800x3d benchmarks look like.

You may just do an expensive side-grade vs buying a cpu only.

Rage3d is the BEST forum!! There are alot of smart people on here!! -phexus
Shapeshifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2022, 08:41 PM   #530
Chuck
How's the flow tonight?

Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Alder Lake is fine and gave Intel back the performance crown, but I am more curious about Raptor Lake. Supposed to consume far less power while being remarkably powerful.
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2022, 09:35 PM   #531
KAC

When is that due?
Old Mar 27, 2022, 11:06 PM   #532
Chuck
How's the flow tonight?

Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
When is that due?
Think I heard this October, but you know Intel's track record with delays.
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2022, 05:53 AM   #533
KAC

Hmm, yeah seems a bit late to indulge. End of year it is then.

Thanks.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 11:20 AM   #534
Nunz
RIP Roxen

#1 in the world 12700K + 3080TI in Time Spy

Am I famous now? Call me K1NGP1N?

https://www.3dmark.com/spy/27518648

#1 world 12700K + 3080TI in Fire Strike Ultra

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/74150878?

#1 world 12700K + 3080TI in Time Spy Extreme

https://www.3dmark.com/spy/27519088

Last edited by Nunz : Apr 11, 2022 at 11:48 AM.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 11:53 AM   #535
KAC

Nice. You are the black kingpin!
Old Apr 11, 2022, 12:05 PM   #536
Seyiji
Team 🌙 Moon

Seyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

PC Master Race

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
#1 in the world 12700K + 3080TI in Time Spy

Am I famous now? Call me K1NGP1N?

https://www.3dmark.com/spy/27518648

#1 world 12700K + 3080TI in Fire Strike Ultra

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/74150878?

#1 world 12700K + 3080TI in Time Spy Extreme

https://www.3dmark.com/spy/27519088
Weeeew grats gai.

-"---"-
Rage3D PC Gaming Hit-List
Official PC Gaming Deals Thread
Has the above thread been misplaced/renamed/merged/stickied/locked? Well then there's a doins transpirin! Find the tome and bring forth the sacrifice to restore peace and order.
"VIAGRA FALLS, slowly I turned, and step by step, inch by inch, I walked up to him, I smashed him, I hit him, I bonked him, I bopped him, I socked him and I mashed his face and I knocked him down."
Seyiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2022, 12:25 PM   #537
Nunz
RIP Roxen

In reality, it's just because no one is doing world-record benching on a 12700K.

Still pretty cool though, lol
Old Apr 11, 2022, 03:23 PM   #538
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Thumbs up

Nice one nunz
Old Apr 15, 2022, 07:02 AM   #539
Nunz
RIP Roxen

This is why mem OC is important:

https://www.overclock.net/threads/of...#post-28974313

Don't look at avg FPS - look at 1% and 0.2% percentile. Absolutely massive gains from just memory OC. This is why I keep saying that 3200CL14 is a poor representation of what this platform is capable of. I'd love to see a tweaked 12700K vs 5800X3D.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 07:04 AM   #540
Megaman
Packing heat!

I need to OC my CL14s