Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Oct 31, 2021, 06:35 PM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Ne0Griever
Radeon Arctic Islands

Ne0Griever once held a door open for a complete strangerNe0Griever once held a door open for a complete strangerNe0Griever once held a door open for a complete strangerNe0Griever once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by twonha View Post
Ok, how the hell does one figure out which of the ten thousand worthless coins to put cash in, so that you get rich a year later? I've always been the schmuck that buys in when it's too late, and sells when it's too early.
Don't spend on meme money. That's dumb. Pick a meaningful long term investment and hodl.

Last edited by Ne0Griever : Oct 31, 2021 at 06:42 PM.
Ne0Griever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2021, 09:11 AM   #32
switchAMG
Radeon Arctic Islands

switchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ne0Griever View Post
Don't spend on meme money. That's dumb. Pick a meaningful long term investment and hodl.
meh, to each his own -- I invest in proper coins but I have made thousands on sh*t coins. And really, define "meaningful" in crypto.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 09:18 AM   #33
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by switchAMG View Post
meh, to each his own -- I invest in proper coins but I have made thousands on sh*t coins. And really, define "meaningful" in crypto.
Iirc the definition agreed upon in the crypto community was “Makes me a ****ton of money”

I’m no expert, but that sounds about right
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 1, 2021, 10:50 AM   #34
KAC
All ur gays r belong 2 me

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

switch next time you put money in shitcoin do mention in the mining thread. I want to become rich by investing in turds as well. I always miss out. I didn’t even know wtf shiba was until this thread.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2021, 02:11 PM   #35
MaxSt
Radeon Arctic Islands

MaxSt knows why the caged bird singsMaxSt knows why the caged bird singsMaxSt knows why the caged bird singsMaxSt knows why the caged bird singsMaxSt knows why the caged bird sings

MaxSt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2021, 04:39 PM   #36
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Squid coin up 2400% in past 24 hours.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/01/inves...cam/index.html

So much for squid!
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2021, 04:46 PM   #37
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Dayum that was a squidscam. Came in and out so fast the movie owners didnt have time to slap them with an IP lawsuit.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 21.6.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 5800X3D :). 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Cas 16 Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 22.4.1. 1700 mhz @1.1v. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 11 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone, Andino... -My Baron, he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2021, 05:20 PM   #38
switchAMG
Radeon Arctic Islands

switchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
switch next time you put money in shitcoin do mention in the mining thread. I want to become rich by investing in turds as well. I always miss out. I didn’t even know wtf shiba was until this thread.
will do buddy, glad I skipped the squid bus.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 11:39 AM   #39
MaxSt
Radeon Arctic Islands

MaxSt knows why the caged bird singsMaxSt knows why the caged bird singsMaxSt knows why the caged bird singsMaxSt knows why the caged bird singsMaxSt knows why the caged bird sings

"Bitcoin is the standard.
Everything else has to be monitored differently
because they are created differently." - Sen. Lummis on CNBC

https://twitter.com/SquawkCNBC/statu...16818077110272
Old Nov 2, 2021, 11:55 AM   #40
switchAMG
Radeon Arctic Islands

shiba listed on kraken in ~6 hours, could be a nice pump.

re: btc being the only real thing -- hard to say, only recently the world thought bitcoin was a farce. No one knows anything.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 11:56 AM   #41
KAC

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

I have 50Gs to spend on coins. How should I split it?
Old Nov 2, 2021, 12:04 PM   #42
MaxSt
Radeon Arctic Islands

Conservative BTC/ETH 50/50
Old Nov 2, 2021, 12:07 PM   #43
KAC

Will ETH have legs after it goes proof of stake?
Old Nov 2, 2021, 12:51 PM   #44
switchAMG
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxSt View Post
Conservative BTC/ETH 50/50
This basically if you are looking to invest long term. Everything else is a lottery ticket.

I am a degenerate gambler so I like dabbling in **** coins as well.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 08:04 AM   #45
Riptide
Avtomat Kalashnikova 1947

Riptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRiptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I had 3.5 million of this trash at one point but sold and broke even. Wife is still in with 3.5 million and it's worth three times what she put in.

I had the same thoughts about making it to a penny with this garbage but I guess if they can somehow burn enough of it then maybe?

It is gambling I agree especially for junk like meme coins. There are other projects in the space that have a use case and aren't worth even 1/4 what shib is. I've given up trying to make any sense out of it at this point. Even btc is pretty antiquated and yet continues to maintain that top position with all it's downsides.

AMD Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570+ WiFi
MSI 3090Ti Suprim X
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2021, 08:24 AM   #46
switchAMG
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
I had 3.5 million of this trash at one point but sold and broke even. Wife is still in with 3.5 million and it's worth three times what she put in.

I had the same thoughts about making it to a penny with this garbage but I guess if they can somehow burn enough of it then maybe?

It is gambling I agree especially for junk like meme coins. There are other projects in the space that have a use case and aren't worth even 1/4 what shib is. I've given up trying to make any sense out of it at this point. Even btc is pretty antiquated and yet continues to maintain that top position with all it's downsides.
All true and agreed -- I don't care if its trash if its made me thousands of dollars.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 11:33 AM   #47
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

SHIB not going so well now
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2021, 11:33 AM   #48
KAC

What’s going on with Solana
Old Nov 4, 2021, 12:03 PM   #49
AllexxisF1
F- Insurrectionists

AllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English Channel

Co-worker this morning - "I bought hella Sheeba aways back. If it hits a penny, it's been nice working with you."

I'm like - What the F- is a sheeba?
AllexxisF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2021, 12:13 PM   #50
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

If its hits a penny you could buy now and retire. Its also dropping, 20% down from when I bought some, but that might be just a plateau until the next lift. Very few trades of late, most people who bought are holding while others wait to see if its goes on another tear. I think itll drop a lot then go back up to its high over the next while.

Unless Elon weighs in again.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 21.6.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 5800X3D :). 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Cas 16 Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 22.4.1. 1700 mhz @1.1v. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 11 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone, Andino... -My Baron, he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Nov 4, 2021, 03:11 PM   #51
mizzer
Believing is Seeing

mizzer once held a door open for a complete strangermizzer once held a door open for a complete strangermizzer once held a door open for a complete stranger

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by pax View Post
If its hits a penny you could buy now and retire. Its also dropping, 20% down from when I bought some, but that might be just a plateau until the next lift. Very few trades of late, most people who bought are holding while others wait to see if its goes on another tear. I think itll drop a lot then go back up to its high over the next while.

Unless Elon weighs in again.
That group/investor who put in $8000 near launch just cashed in a couple billion.
mizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2021, 03:40 PM   #52
pax
Rage3D Spammer

That was like half his take... I thought it wouldve crashed harder that that. 2 out of ~30 billion market cap is a lot. Might show that shibu is somewhat resilient and Kraken and RH still have yet to list it.

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Nov 4, 2021, 03:50 PM   #53
mizzer
Believing is Seeing

mizzer once held a door open for a complete strangermizzer once held a door open for a complete strangermizzer once held a door open for a complete stranger

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by pax View Post
That was like half his take... I thought it wouldve crashed harder that that. 2 out of ~30 billion market cap is a lot. Might show that shibu is somewhat resilient and Kraken and RH still have yet to list it.
I thought they estimated something like $5.4B total so, yeah, nearly half.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 04:19 PM   #54
pax
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzer View Post
I thought they estimated something like $5.4B total so, yeah, nearly half.

And that got things rolling volume is up to $13 billion...

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Nov 4, 2021, 04:34 PM   #55
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Clownies

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

He didn't cash in from what I read, he split his billions into 4 separate wallets.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 07:45 PM   #56
mizzer
Believing is Seeing

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
He didn't cash in from what I read, he split his billions into 4 separate wallets.
I thought I read he exchanged his holdings for other coins. Still, I bought another $100 worth while it was down.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 09:27 PM   #57
pax
Rage3D Spammer

Trade Vol exceeded eth and solana... Thats a lot. I dont usually go more than 100$ on one coin but may have to here.

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Nov 6, 2021, 05:47 AM   #58
Tyr-Sog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Tyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete strangerTyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete strangerTyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete stranger

I'm in for the first time. Threw $900 at it throughout the week. I think my avg is like 55.

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 5 G1 - nVidia Gigabyte RTX 3070 OC - Samsung EVO 850 SSD - Intel I5 6600K - crucial 16GB DDR4 - Intel 240ssd5 & WD 1TB 7200rpm - corsair 750ps - HP OMEN 27i -
- corsair spec alpha carbide series case - corsair K70 Rapidfire RGB MX keyboard - Logitech G502 - Sennheiser G4ME One Headset

MSI GE62 Apache Pro Gaming Laptop - nVidia 970m - Intel I7 5700 - 16GB DDR3 - 128ssd & 1TB 7200rpm

XBone - TyrSog76
PSN - - Tyr-Sog_
Steam - Tyr-Sog

Last edited by Tyr-Sog : Nov 6, 2021 at 05:53 AM.
Tyr-Sog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2021, 07:14 AM   #59
Sundance Kid V2
Your daddy!

Sundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Will ETH have legs after it goes proof of stake?
ETH is going tru the roof when POS. ETH is the biggest market for NFTs , dApps etc.

They estimate conservatively $10k for 1 ETH, and easily (very bullish) 30k next year.

Definitely split your money into ETH and BTC (some Sol) too.
Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2021, 07:24 AM   #60
KAC

Ok thanks.