Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Hardware
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Hardware Talk about PCs/Macs, motherboards, CPUs, sound cards, RAM, hard drives, networking and everything else about computer hardware!

Old Dec 15, 2021, 12:25 AM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Close the thread....

Rest of the parts should be inbound next week.

Last edited by Megaman : Dec 15, 2021 at 12:54 AM.
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2021, 02:18 AM   #32
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

badsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
Close the thread....

Rest of the parts should be inbound next week.

You will be redeemed ....
KAC will bless your soul .... again
Old Dec 15, 2021, 02:20 AM   #33
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by badsykes View Post
You will be redeemed ....
KAC will bless your soul .... again
and your posts will become irrelevant again.

Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 15, 2021, 02:32 AM   #34
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

badsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
and your posts will become irrelevant again.

it doesn't matter anyway
Old Dec 15, 2021, 02:38 AM   #35
KAC
All ur gays r belong 2 me

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

That’s awesome. You have reclaimed your title as being Megagay!
Thread closure post assembly and pic posting ceremony.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2021, 02:40 AM   #36
Megaman
Packing heat!

Word!
Old Dec 15, 2021, 03:49 AM   #37
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Werd!

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2021, 03:59 AM   #38
Megaman
Packing heat!

@nunz, how do you apply thermal paste to this thing? Same old pea size application?
Old Dec 15, 2021, 04:40 AM   #39
KAC

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Best is a cross sign. It puts the fear of Jesus in the processor making it run cool.
Old Dec 15, 2021, 05:46 AM   #40
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
@nunz, how do you apply thermal paste to this thing? Same old pea size application?
When using the LGA1200 mounting, it's recommended to spread the paste on the die, due to the contact pressure not being the best.

You can purchase an LGA1700 mount kit from Corsair most likely, and I would recommend doing so. The LGA1200 mounts work, like I said earlier, but they are not optimal.

Congrats on the purchase, and enjoy!
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2021, 02:15 PM   #41
Megaman
Packing heat!

Corsair don’t seem to have any in stock. Anywhere else stock them?

EDIT: is it just the stand offs I need?

https://www.scorptec.com.au/product/...SABEgJV9fD_BwE

Last edited by Megaman : Dec 15, 2021 at 02:24 PM.
Old Dec 15, 2021, 02:41 PM   #42
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Not sure for Aussie land, I'm sorry

I would email Corsair support directly and ask - don't go off their website.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Old Dec 15, 2021, 02:43 PM   #43
Megaman
Packing heat!

I changed the link above. I think the stands is all you need to make it work. I was thinking a new bracket would be required but don’t think that is the case
Old Dec 15, 2021, 02:51 PM   #44
Nunz
RIP Roxen

If they offer a backplate, I highly recommend. Helps make sure the pressure is equal across the socket and also reduces the chances of the socket flexing. This is an issue mostly caused by people over torquing the block mount, but IMO, backplate is always better than no backplate.

It should just be standoffs, as the only real difference is the height of the die. Different standoffs and/or washers will adjust that height for you
Old Dec 15, 2021, 02:58 PM   #45
Megaman
Packing heat!

OK thanks.

I’m not finding any where that the “ CORSAIR HYDRO H150I PRO RGB LIQUID CPU COOLER” is supported for the 1700 even with the stands. KAC did day the H150s we’re all the same, which is what I expected but Corsair isn’t listing it as compatible.

https://forum.corsair.com/forums/top...id-cpu-cooler/
Old Dec 15, 2021, 04:09 PM   #46
Nunz
RIP Roxen

There's nothing that would make it incompatible unless the block is somehow too small to cover the entire chip, but I don't see how that would be possible.

Again, could reach out to Corsair support and talk to someone.

I don't want to assume it will work 100% if Corsair says it doesn't, but I truly don't know why it wouldn't.
Old Dec 15, 2021, 04:55 PM   #47
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

The H150i pros use Asetek blocks/pumps and the Elites use coolIT, so likely different mounting brackets.

I wouldn't have upgraded to H150i elite if the block/pump wasn't better than my previous Aorus 360 (asetek).
Old Dec 15, 2021, 05:25 PM   #48
Megaman
Packing heat!

I can see the difference between my H150i and the Elite/XT model contact points. The difference is the round/smaller contact versus larger/square contact on the newer AIOs which is why my cooler is not compatible/not listed. It may work but may also run hotter. Looks like an AIO cooler upgrade is in the works for me now to play it safe.
Old Dec 15, 2021, 06:06 PM   #49
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Plenty of good products on the market in that field.

Sorry that the cooler doesn't fit - I guess it's that one case of the block not covering the entirety of the die. You'd end up with horrible hotspot temps.
Old Dec 15, 2021, 06:24 PM   #50
Megaman
Packing heat!

Yeah, I thought an upgrade was in order from the beginning so it's no biggie. You can see the difference here. I put the question to Corsair anyway but can expect they will say it's not compatible. I picked up the XT pro instead.

H150i pro

H150i XT

Old Dec 15, 2021, 09:43 PM   #51
KAC

That round block is bigger than Arctic AIO for which Arctic is claiming that it works on 1700. If you bought an ASUS board then you don’t even need the bracket/screws. First try the cooler before plunking down for a new one.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 12:15 AM   #52
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

It's not the heatsink/block size that's the issue, the problem is the asetek models aren't making good contact due to difference in height of SKT LGA1700. It also seems the offsets are different for asetek and coolIT models (bracket offset), meaning contact and mounting pressure is not ideal.

All good megaman, I have found the coolIT AIO is a lot better than the Asetek model.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 12:26 AM   #53
demo
space cadet

I think the corsair LGA1700 offsets are designed with the coolIT units in mind ^ but probably work for the Asetek as well, just with poor contact according to reviews.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 12:29 AM   #54
Megaman
Packing heat!

Yep, CoolIT it is bro! Thanks gays!
Old Dec 16, 2021, 12:32 AM   #55
KAC

Should’ve gone with the new LCD versions which come with the proper bracket.

Corsair iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Display Liquid CPU Cooler (Custom IPS LCD Screen, 48 Dynamic RGB LEDs, 120mm Fans, 360mm Radiator, Corsair Commander Core Smart Lighting Controller Included) Black https://www.amazon.ae/dp/B09HDWQKV8/...8JTF2S0SANM3D2
Old Dec 16, 2021, 12:38 AM   #56
demo
space cadet

That's what I have. Honestly, the price difference for LCD vs non LCD is ridiculous. That and you need the software running for custom display to work (photos/backgrounds, CPU speed, GPU speed etc), which was using an excessive amount of CPU cycles imo. I ended up uninstalling the software and just leave the screen at default (coolant temp).

Moral of the story, save your cash and just get the elite/XT non LCD.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 12:41 AM   #57
demo
space cadet

FWIW, the dawg

Old Dec 16, 2021, 03:45 AM   #58
KAC

Doggy style.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 09:22 PM   #59
Megaman
Packing heat!

Old Dec 22, 2021, 09:31 PM   #60
KAC

Dope. Now make the damn thing.