Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Sep 19, 2021, 12:18 PM   #7291
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
koralis
Radeon 5850

koralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
I'm surprised FL isn't worse than W.Va and TN.
If you look at the mini map on top for Deaths (I'm assuming total), you'll see Florida outstrips W.VA and TN.

You might be witnessing natural immunity starting to kick in from previous exposure.

Kcrucible - Playing with Fire
koralis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2021, 01:14 PM   #7292
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by koralis View Post
If you look at the mini map on top for Deaths (I'm assuming total), you'll see Florida outstrips W.VA and TN.

You might be witnessing natural immunity starting to kick in from previous exposure.
I completely misses that one, thanks.
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2021, 01:18 PM   #7293
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

SD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdaddy79 View Post
This current outbreak seems to be the slowest moving... basically started in Lousiana and Florida and held strong for a month. Now Tennessee is hurting, with Kentucky almost in the same situation.

I find it strange the mid-Atlantic states seem to have borders that keep the outbreak out.

Ignore Nebraska... They've stopped counting.

The virus will find anti-vaxxers wherever they live. Unfortunately a lot of fully vaccinated elderly people will die in the process also. The selfishness of those people is unbelievable.
SD-[Inc] is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 19, 2021, 01:22 PM   #7294
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

SD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:

Death or natural immunity is the Covid strategy in Florida. Eventually it will work.
SD-[Inc] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2021, 01:43 PM   #7295
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
My info may be outdated but Covid immunity from prior exposure (say in 2020) only lasts 6 months AND it's worthless against stronger variants (Delta, Mu, etc.).

yoz
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2021, 01:58 PM   #7296
koralis
Radeon 5850

koralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
My info may be outdated but Covid immunity from prior exposure (say in 2020) only lasts 6 months AND it's worthless against stronger variants (Delta, Mu, etc.).
I think it's outdated. I think the data is saying that prior immunity from alpha doesn't do much VS delta. Have seen studies indicating that natural immunity may be better than the vaccines VS delta, the problem being that you have to risk your life to get it. I think it's better Ness is due to more viruses l features to identify and latch on to. The downside may be that if mu has some different features some won't be in play. The rna vaccines focused on one common feature (the spike) that so far is common in the variants.

Kcrucible - Playing with Fire
koralis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2021, 04:56 AM   #7297
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post

Quote:
Final conclusions

The findings suggest that natural immunity provides longer-lasting and stronger protection against infection, symptomatic disease, and hospitalization due to the Delta variant, compared with the protection of the Pfizer-BioNTech two-dose vaccine, the researchers conclude.

In addition, those with natural immunity exhibit additional protection against the Delta variant when given a single dose of the vaccine, according to the results.

The researchers are continuing to investigate the long-term protection provided by a third dose, or booster, of this vaccine.
https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/art...est-protection

I got Delta ( I think it was Delta ) with two doses of Pfizer vaccine in less than 6 months after second shot
my dad was about 7 months after second shot
bill dennison is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2021, 06:58 AM   #7298
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Thanks Bill, will read up on it.

yoz
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2021, 08:20 AM   #7299
AllexxisF1
F- Insurrectionists

AllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdaddy79 View Post
This current outbreak seems to be the slowest moving... basically started in Lousiana and Florida and held strong for a month. Now Tennessee is hurting, with Kentucky almost in the same situation.

I find it strange the mid-Atlantic states seem to have borders that keep the outbreak out.

Ignore Nebraska... They've stopped counting.

Because we live in a place where people are smart and wear cotton borders on their faces.
AllexxisF1 is offline   Reply With Quote