Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Apr 28, 2022, 05:32 AM   #8911
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Canesfan2020
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Canesfan2020 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCanesfan2020 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCanesfan2020 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD-[Inc] View Post
That’s because of antivax movement. It is like the flu if you are fully vaccinated. Death rates among non-vaccinated people from Omicron infection are nearly 20x those that are vaccinated. So only dumb people die and for the rest of us, it is like the flu.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/71/wr/mm7104e2.htm

Until there is a definitive answer on the vaccine proventing long covid issues covid isn't the flu.

This forum is like going to a doctor's office where it's just people searching WebMD and hoping for the best

Last edited by Canesfan2020 : Apr 28, 2022 at 08:22 AM.
Canesfan2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2022, 08:59 AM   #8912
Ziklitschli
ziklitschlintorn

Location: Poland Where the pure lab reseach data show no life can exist
Ziklitschli can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyZiklitschli can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyZiklitschli can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD-[Inc] View Post
The #1 failing of the modern Internet is that it tricks dumb people into thinking they are smart.
Exactly what science does to people tbh. Scientists can't even decide whether tomatoes are good or bad. Just look at benzodiazepines, or proton pump inhibitors, the milions of doses, years of prescriptions, dozens of studies and how long it still took for the knowledge of true harm and danger to get to the public. Most people treat science like religion now, holding similar sense of superiority out of knowing the ultimate truth, and just as misguided.

I'm not even about vaccines here, just answering the general sentiment. I actually talked my father into vaccination, because I thought that covid is a direct threat to him. I'd also strongly consider if it was still as annoying as the initial variants. I do think though, that with such complicated subject as human body, a new ish technique, the real time change of the illness, the politics and billions of dollars at stake, all those studies are just shots in the dark.

Garth Merenghi quotes
Most of you will probably know me already from my extensive canon of chillers including "Afterbirth" in which a mutated placenta attacks Bristol.

Everyone has a special talent. Mine is being able to write, produce direct, act, paint... Other people are good plumbers, that's their gift.

There are rebels and there are innovators. I'm a rebel. I play a rebel brain expert who's in rebelliance against conventional logic, who's in rebelliance against the world order. It's about rebelliance. And if that's not being an innovator, I don't know what is.

In times of conflict, when you're up against an agressor, be he human, be he inhuman, whoe'er he be, often he is both.

Greetings traveller. Who am I? Perhaps you have met me twixt sleep and and wake - in the penumbra of uncertainity you call unconsiousness... you know, my books are essentialy about "what ifs". In "Black Fang" I asked - what if a rat could drive a bus? And what if it and its rat brethren took over and ate Parliment?

A lot of people say "Garth Merenghi? Doesn't he write that horror crap?" Well, you're an idiot, because my books always say something, even if it's simple like "Don't geneticaly engineer crabs to be as big as man". There's always a message or a theme.
Ziklitschli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2022, 11:43 PM   #8913
ugly
Radeon R700

ugly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyugly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

FDA approved it earlier this week, and this was the final sign-off:

CDC Recommends COVID-19 Vaccines for Young Children

Quote:
Today, CDC Director Rochelle P. Walensky, M.D., M.P.H., endorsed the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices’ (ACIP) recommendation that all children 6 months through 5 years of age should receive a COVID-19 vaccine. This expands eligibility for vaccination to nearly 20 million additional children and means that all Americans ages 6 months and older are now eligible for vaccination.

Parents and caregivers can now get their children 6 months through 5 years of age vaccinated with the Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna vaccines to better protect them from COVID-19. All children, including children who have already had COVID-19, should get vaccinated.

COVID-19 vaccines have undergone—and will continue to undergo—the most intensive safety monitoring in U.S. history. Parents and caregivers can play an active role in monitoring the safety of these vaccines by signing their children up for v-safe – personalized and confidential health check-ins via text messages and web surveys where they can easily share with CDC how a child feels after getting a COVID-19 vaccine.

Distribution of pediatric vaccinations for these younger children has started across the country, and will be available at thousands of pediatric practices, pharmacies, Federally Qualified Health Centers, local health departments, clinics, and other locations this week. Children in this younger age group can be vaccinated with whichever vaccine is available (either Moderna or Pfizer-BioNTech). Parents can reach out to their doctor, nurse, local pharmacy, or health department, or visit vaccines.gov to see where vaccines for children are available.
ugly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 19, 2022, 02:05 PM   #8914
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

People are already complaining. As though children going to school aren’t required to get a dozen shots already.

Make Polio Great Again! I guess.
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2022, 08:53 AM   #8915
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrike126 View Post
People are already complaining. As though children going to school aren’t required to get a dozen shots already.

Make Polio Great Again! I guess.
its builds natural immunity.....

So long as they dont get dead in the process
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6ghz
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
2 x 8GB G-Skill DDR4 2666
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + Asus Dual Radeon RX 6600
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA
Samsung EVO 970 1TB NVMe
HyperX Cloud Stinger wired headset
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2022, 02:50 PM   #8916
Java Cool Dude
With my family

Java Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled with

I have an international trip coming up in 3 weeks and I was thinking about getting a Moderna second booster (all my shots have been Pfizer so far).
Anyone here with 4 shots?
Java Cool Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2022, 09:29 PM   #8917
Greasy
ODI

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Java Cool Dude View Post
I have an international trip coming up in 3 weeks and I was thinking about getting a Moderna second booster (all my shots have been Pfizer so far).
Anyone here with 4 shots?
You're young and in good health. The current vaccine doesn't give you any real protection from getting it now. You've had enough after three shots that I would think you're good to go. Maybe in the fall we'll get some targeted towards the omi family, but it's changed so much they will prob end up useless too other than just giving you a boost to help fight off severe illness.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2022, 12:03 AM   #8918
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

SD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy View Post
You're young and in good health. The current vaccine doesn't give you any real protection from getting it now. You've had enough after three shots that I would think you're good to go. Maybe in the fall we'll get some targeted towards the omi family, but it's changed so much they will prob end up useless too other than just giving you a boost to help fight off severe illness.
If you get exposed to latest Omicron variants you pretty much get sick no matter what now. But vaccines do pretty well fighting the infection once you get it. I had read a mix of Pfizer and Moderna gives you different antibodies for fighting infection. So, unless you had very adverse reaction to first shots, I'd go for it before a big trip. You need to get it now because it takes 14 days to take effect. My doctor confirmed the same advice also. He also recommended holding off on the 4th until closer to fall when it really hits again. He did make the exception if you plan on traveling though.

PS. Wearing a good mask is now probably the only way to prevent infection.
SD-[Inc] is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2022, 02:13 PM   #8919
Riptide
Avtomat Kalashnikova 1947

Riptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRiptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Wife and I both ended up coming down with it. I ran a fever (100 deg) the first night which cleared up the next day. Felt like garbage for another couple days and then started to feel better after that each day. Only really persistent issue is a runny nose and chest cold that is clearing up just slower than I'd like.

I'd had the 2 moderna shots and was due for the booster basically right when I ended up getting it. Wife had her booster already. Symptoms were more or less the same between with the exception of the fever which she avoided.

AMD Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570+ WiFi
MSI 3090Ti Suprim X
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2022, 01:00 AM   #8920
KAC
Whatever

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Gays getting Covid again. This **** is not done.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2022, 10:45 PM   #8921
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badges

So remember back when Florida was praised for managing the pandemic well, keeping deaths low, while not having to go to lockdowns? Especially in contrast to a state like New York, who had massive death rates early on?

Running some quick calculations on the latest numbers.

Florida
75,574 covid deaths /
21,220,000 total population =
0.356% covid death rate

New York
68,886 covid deaths /
19,510,000 total population =
0.353% covid death rate

Yup. Florida has slowly caught up and overtaken New York's covid death rate. Geez check out those graphs.

Ryzen 5 5600x - radeon 6700xt - 32 gigs memory

Nintendo: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega: Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
Sony: PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
Microsoft: og xbox, xbox360, xbone, series 3
Atari: Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo: Neo Geo Pocket Color
Other: Colecovision, Intellivision, Vectrex

riva tnt
tnt2
geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon 8500
radeon 9600
radeon 9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt

Last edited by SubCog : Jun 26, 2022 at 10:50 PM.
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2022, 04:20 AM   #8922
koralis
Radeon Volcanic Islands

koralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog View Post

Yup. Florida has slowly caught up and overtaken New York's covid death rate. Geez check out those graphs.

Seems to affirm my early position/statement... because of how contagious Covid was it seemed like lockdowns weren't preventing infection, they were just delaying it. It was inevitable that everyone was going to get it eventually.

Florida probably had an early leg up with its senior population being fairly isolated and afraid of disease, and then jumped on the vaccination bandwagon ASAP. Old people remember.

Unfortunately, a significant share of the younger population didn't do the same so eventually get it and lacking the vaccine protection many die just like early days in NYC.

Kcrucible - Playing with Fire
koralis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2022, 09:49 AM   #8923
A2597
A Peculiar Person

A2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird sings

Around my parents in Florida the immunization rate is over 90%.

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.
1 Peter 2:9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
:heart: I took a few weeks off, but Rage is like a home away from home.
A2597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2022, 11:35 PM   #8924
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Weren't there a lot of missing deaths in Florida at one point?

Here in Australia the whole of society is basically over it. We still isolate if positive, and mask in sensitive areas (hospitals + aged care) but aside from that it's pretty much who cares. We've been at 45-50 deaths per day for the last month though. Which is about the same as 650 deaths per day in the USA.

Still hoping that we get some better vaccines later this year that reduce cases/deaths even more. But I also think more people won't take it and so it won't make a huge difference.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2022, 09:19 AM   #8925
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2597 View Post
Around my parents in Florida the immunization rate is over 90%.
Impressive!
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2022, 09:50 AM   #8926
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
Weren't there a lot of missing deaths in Florida at one point?
I think so.

There's some reporting on it out there.

https://climate.law.columbia.edu/con...orida-governor
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
Old Jun 29, 2022, 09:57 AM   #8927
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Here in Oilberta we've been fully opened since i think May.

Its been pretty normal now. some people mask, others dont, no one really cares about COVID anymore.

The COVID numbers still occur but they arent high anymore and its basically at "deal with it" now. If you get it you isolate, and if you come into close contact you just test yourself and see if you get it or not, otherwise you just get on with your life.

Nothing has collapsed and its nice to have one that no one has to worry about anymore. Nowadays everyone is worried about how expensive everything here has gotten, and how our health care system is in such a shitshow situation.....(basically...dont get sick lol)
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6ghz
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
2 x 8GB G-Skill DDR4 2666
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + Asus Dual Radeon RX 6600
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA
Samsung EVO 970 1TB NVMe
HyperX Cloud Stinger wired headset

Last edited by Sasquach : Jun 29, 2022 at 10:06 AM.
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2022, 07:42 PM   #8928
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Oh yeah healthcare being swamped is a thing here too. I guess it's to be expected. You shut down a lot of surgeries for months on end, eventually the patients still need to have those procedures. Might be a while before some places catch up. And even now, I'm sure people testing positive is messing up schedules.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2022, 11:50 AM   #8929
Java Cool Dude
With my family

Java Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled with

Wife is down with covid; she's on Paxlovid right now so hopefully she'll feel better in a couple of days.
PS: NO, this is not jUsT lIkE tHe FlU. It will knock you flat on your ass
Old Jul 1, 2022, 11:57 AM   #8930
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Wife is down with covid; she's on Paxlovid right now so hopefully she'll feel better in a couple of days.
Hope she feels better soon.

My wife and I masked up all around the house after I caught it, and she still caught it. So if you do, hope it passes quickly for you too.

Fwiw, the wife had mild cold like symptoms. It wrecked me for 2 full days, and we’re both fully vaxxed. It scared the heck out of me because I lost my breath so badly.
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2022, 08:50 PM   #8931
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post

My wife and I masked up all around the house after I caught it, and she still caught it. So if you do, hope it passes quickly for you too.

Fwiw, the wife had mild cold like symptoms. It wrecked me for 2 full days, and we’re both fully vaxxed. It scared the heck out of me because I lost my breath so badly.
Yup.

I'm currently in lockdown with my family at my sister's house with her family. There's 10 of us here, all healthy, including 6 kids... and we've all tested positive over the last couple weeks, all symptomatic, despite all of us being fully vaxxed and boosted. This strain is particularly transmissible. Seems to wipe people out for 2 days with fever, sore throat, head cold, and then includes restricted breathing for another couple days. Nobody's dying, none of us needing hospitalization, but yeah it seems to infect everyone without exception, at least in our 10-person sample.

Nintendo: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds

riva tnt
tnt2
geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon 8500
radeon 9600
radeon 9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt
Old Jul 1, 2022, 08:54 PM   #8932
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

Subscriber

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post

Quote:
Yup.

I'm currently in lockdown with my family at my sister's house with her family. There's 10 of us here, all healthy, including 6 kids... and we've all tested positive over the last couple weeks, all symptomatic, despite all of us being fully vaxxed and boosted. This strain is particularly transmissible. Seems to wipe people out for 2 days with fever, sore throat, head cold, and then includes restricted breathing for another couple days. Nobody's dying, none of us needing hospitalization, but yeah it seems to infect everyone without exception, at least in our 10-person sample.

Sounds like the same as our household here. Sara came down with Covid symptoms Tuesday night. Wednesday we got PCR testing. Came back positive yesterday.

Been masked up inside and isolating but we'll see how it goes.

Man... we're both double vaxxed and boosted and holy **** did this hit Sara ****ing hard. I've never seen an illness push her to tears like this.

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
Quote:
Old Jul 2, 2022, 02:30 AM   #8933
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Yup.

Quote:
Sounds like the same as our household here. Sara came down with Covid symptoms Tuesday night. Wednesday we got PCR testing. Came back positive yesterday.

Been masked up inside and isolating but we'll see how it goes.

Man... we're both double vaxxed and boosted and holy **** did this hit Sara ****ing hard. I've never seen an illness push her to tears like this.
I hope it passes fast It’s a horrible feeling..
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2022, 02:44 PM   #8934
Java Cool Dude
With my family

Wife is doing much better; no more fever, little to no coughing and she has more energy.
We believe it’s Paxlovid doing its thing mashAllah.
As for me, I’m still testing negative and continue to sleep in the uncomfortable bed in the guest bedroom downstairs
Old Jul 5, 2022, 04:07 PM   #8935
Java Cool Dude
With my family

Wife finally tested negative this morning which coincided with the final Paxlovid dose.
We got plans tonight!
Old Jul 5, 2022, 04:10 PM   #8936
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

Subscriber

So, how did y'all manage the end of the household isolation phase? Did she isolate within the house until today's negative antigen rapid test? Because we're going through the exact same thing here.

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
Quote:
Old Jul 5, 2022, 05:30 PM   #8937
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
So, how did y'all manage the end of the household isolation phase? Did she isolate within the house until today's negative antigen rapid test? Because we're going through the exact same thing here.
Wife and I both got negative tests today. The CDC guidance we read suggested that we should wait 24 hours and test again... 2 negative tests over 24 hours means we're cleared to go out again.

https://covid19.alabama.gov/faqs/cor...20guideli nes.

riva tnt
tnt2
geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon 8500
radeon 9600
radeon 9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt

Last edited by SubCog : Jul 5, 2022 at 05:41 PM.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 06:15 PM   #8938
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

Subscriber

Quote:
Wife and I both got negative tests today. The CDC guidance we read suggested that we should wait 24 hours and test again... 2 negative tests over 24 hours means we're cleared to go out again.

https://covid19.alabama.gov/faqs/cor...20guideli nes.
But what about going maskless within the home?

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
Quote:
Old Jul 5, 2022, 09:56 PM   #8939
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
But what about going maskless within the home?
We have not been wearing masks in the home. I think we'll probably wear masks when we leave the house for the next 5 days or so.

riva tnt
tnt2
geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon 8500
radeon 9600
radeon 9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt
Old Jul 5, 2022, 10:19 PM   #8940
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

Subscriber

Quote:
We have not been wearing masks in the home. I think we'll probably wear masks when we leave the house for the next 5 days or so.
Oh but you both had it and tested positive at some point?

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
Quote: