Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Hardware
Rage3D Subscribe FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Hardware Talk about PCs/Macs, motherboards, CPUs, sound cards, RAM, hard drives, networking and everything else about computer hardware!

Old Aug 30, 2009, 09:49 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
jtpeace
hear in the quiet

jtpeace is still being judged by the masses

Default question about displayport

hi folks,

does anyone here have any experience with DisplayPort? i'm thinking of buying a laptop (thinkpad t400) which doesn't have the digital video out, and i'm wondering if it will be a hinderance to be without it. i have no idea why lenovo left the port off the t400, though they did include it with the t500 (too big for my taste), and the very nice (but out of my budget) t400s.

anyway, i'm a grad student and i will be using the laptop to give presentations fairly often. i do believe "vga out" will get me by, but displayport seems to be gaining ground, and i guess i'd just like to hear from anyone who has real world experience with displayport.
Old Aug 30, 2009, 10:17 PM   #2
Crisler
SAPPHIRE PR REP

Crisler can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCrisler can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Do not worry about it. I remember at Tahoe when they released the 3000 series that Display Port was ALL the craze yet it still has not taken off and I think there is still a ways to go.

#SapphireNation
Crisler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2009, 11:34 PM   #3
DaJMasta
Baffoonist

DaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Only the highest end projectors right now use it, and not many of them. Odds are your school won't be upgrading all of the sudden while you're there, and even if they do.... high end projectors, and ones built into classrooms, typically have a huge array of inputs.

So VGA/DVI/HDMI should be no problem, and I mean any one of them.
Desktop: Intel Core i7 7770k : 16GB EVGA DDR4 2400 : Gigabyte GTX 1070 Ti Windforce X2 : Gigabyte GA-H270-WIFI : AudioQuest DragonFly DAC : Samsung SM961 NVMe 1TB SSD : Corsair Builder 500W PSU : Samsung 1440p 32" Monitor : Klipsch Promedia 2.1 : Windows 10 Pro x64
Tablet: Microsoft Surface Pro 4 : Intel Core i5-6300U : 8GB DDR3 : Intel 520 Integrated : 256GB SSD : 12.3" 2736x1824 display : Windows 10 Pro x64
HTPC: Intel Core i3 3225 : HD 4000 integrated : 8GB Samsung DDR3 1600 : Gigabyte H77N-Wifi : 120GB Sandisk Extreme SSD : 80W power brick and picoPSU150 XT : Integrated HD Audio : Scepter 32" LCD TV : Logitech Z313 2.1 : Windows 7 Pro x64

DaJMasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad