Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Jul 31, 2021, 02:26 PM   #61
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
He's got no choice.
some say the 4000's will be on TSMC but I will believe it when i see it

TSMC may still be higher cost than Samsung

maybe the jacket should bid on GlobalFoundries with Intel
bill dennison is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2021, 02:43 PM   #62
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
some say the 4000's will be on TSMC but I will believe it when i see it

TSMC may still be higher cost than Samsung

maybe the jacket should bid on GlobalFoundries with Intel
I thought he had secured TSMC for next chip but may not be Aida L.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2021, 04:07 PM   #63
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Of course prices will go up considering how everyone is willing to pay Titan prices for a 3050.
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 31, 2021, 04:13 PM   #64
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
Of course prices will go up considering how everyone is willing to pay Titan prices for a 3050.
not everyone just those with a weakness of willpower

Last edited by bill dennison : Jul 31, 2021 at 04:19 PM.
Old Jul 31, 2021, 05:27 PM   #65
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

Leprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLeprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLeprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Day 1 purchase. Oh wai…
....and sold!.. but ya I'll buy the best 4080/ti/90/90ti/99 super duper titanium edition.

Edit: wait are those real power requirements? Being in a room with just one 3090 is hot, this thing will replace my furnace

Last edited by Leprechaun : Jul 31, 2021 at 05:40 PM.
Leprechaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2021, 12:10 AM   #66
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

badsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHawkwind View Post
Have you won the Euro Millions?
. We will see.One day tables may turn and i may gift fancy cards to old sinners (KAC , demo and Lord)
Old Aug 1, 2021, 12:11 AM   #67
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

badsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Ya and also get ready to pay big electricity bill also.Do i have to buy also my own powerplant ?
Old Aug 1, 2021, 12:00 PM   #68
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by badsykes View Post
Ya and also get ready to pay big electricity bill also.Do i have to buy also my own powerplant ?
https://sunwatts.com/100-kw-solar-kits/?mode=6
Old Aug 1, 2021, 12:08 PM   #69
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Solar power my friend....

yoz
Old Aug 1, 2021, 12:12 PM   #70
acroig
Troll SMod

yoz
Old Aug 1, 2021, 12:52 PM   #71
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
more likely to be the some old same old 30% to 35% if it is still Samsung
TSMC maybe

I really hope AMD rdna 3 does do a 2.5x increase and smokes NV badly
NV deserves it as bad as Intel did .
and MCM chiplets may do it
Old Aug 1, 2021, 01:31 PM   #72
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
TSMC maybe

I do believe it's supposed to be manufactured by TSMC.

yoz
Old Aug 1, 2021, 02:26 PM   #73
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

If the price hikes are even crazier than now with 3000 series. .. well
Old Aug 1, 2021, 02:34 PM   #74
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
TSMC maybe

Keep dreaming old man

I'm fairly confident NV is going to be on TSMC 5nm. Prices will likely be outrageous but the performance will be godly.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2021, 03:41 PM   #75
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

LordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ATI Technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Keep dreaming old man

I'm fairly confident NV is going to be on TSMC 5nm. Prices will likely be outrageous but the performance will be godly.
Bill you're last gen man hoping for a life raft whilst the rest of us enjoy the new cards. Next gen will be too expensive for you too I'm afraid. Prepare be mid gen man going forward as prices are not coming down. Let's see You can slag me off I don't mind I call it banter but we might get both banned by the PC Mods
Ryzen 7 3800X, ASUS Prime X470 Pro, KFA2 RTX 3090 SG, 16GB Crucial DDR4 LPX 3000 Ram, iiyama G-Master GB3466WQSU 3440x1440 freesync 144hz, 250gb Samsung SSD, 750mb Seagate SSHD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda H/D, 1 TB Samsung H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
LordHawkwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2021, 03:44 PM   #76
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

The next gen garbage cards/the 1080p cards needs to become cheaper though, the price/performance ratio is way off for them.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2021, 03:49 PM   #77
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

LordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ATI Technologies

Quote:
. We will see.One day tables may turn and i may gift fancy cards to old sinners (KAC , demo and Lord)
The lottery is a tax on the poor I've never played it. I'm afraid those odds won't turn my friend it is what it is I'm afraid. Us silly people will continue spending money on silly Graphics cards it's just a fact.
Ryzen 7 3800X, ASUS Prime X470 Pro, KFA2 RTX 3090 SG, 16GB Crucial DDR4 LPX 3000 Ram, iiyama G-Master GB3466WQSU 3440x1440 freesync 144hz, 250gb Samsung SSD, 750mb Seagate SSHD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda H/D, 1 TB Samsung H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
LordHawkwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2021, 04:16 PM   #78
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
I do believe it's supposed to be manufactured by TSMC.
Quote:
Keep dreaming old man

maybe boyo

but after Apple and then AMD then NV is low man on the totem pole with a less clout with TSMC especially after going with Samsung last time TSMC isn't going to do NV any favors

then there is Detroit and car companies with a big back log of cars and trucks waiting on chips
they will most likely come after Apple before AMD
Old Aug 1, 2021, 04:18 PM   #79
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHawkwind View Post
Bill you're last gen man hoping for a life raft whilst the rest of us enjoy the new cards. Next gen will be too expensive for you too I'm afraid. Prepare be mid gen man going forward as prices are not coming down. Let's see You can slag me off I don't mind I call it banter but we might get both banned by the PC Mods
my 2080 Ti is doing fine at 4k and uses a lot less power and puts out less heat

and 2077 won't be fixed and playable to the 5080 ti is out

I think the upgrade from a 2080 ti to a RDNA 3 maybe 2x to 3x

Last edited by bill dennison : Aug 1, 2021 at 04:45 PM.
Old Aug 1, 2021, 05:33 PM   #80
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Doing "fine" at 4K.. you're better than that, bill

If there was a generation to skip, this one was it, that's for sure.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Old Aug 1, 2021, 05:36 PM   #81
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Doing "fine" at 4K.. you're better than that, bill

If there was a generation to skip, this one was it, that's for sure.
if they do get back on TSMC and fix the power to performance ratio even more so
Old Aug 1, 2021, 05:48 PM   #82
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nah. This 3080TI was worth every penny. Get some real cooling if the wattage bothers you (which I know you have)
Old Aug 1, 2021, 07:20 PM   #83
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Nah. This 3080TI was worth every penny. Get some real cooling if the wattage bothers you (which I know you have)
yes I have full water but it is the room temp I care about here the pc water cooling is for silence

I would have to add a mini split to my office for the 3 months I can't run the 2 evaporative coolers I have on the roof
even the 2080 ti Strix can get a little warm

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Pioneer-...L-16/311567191
I have one on the 10x12 bike shed I have the bike trainer in with a PC it will get it down to 65f and I still sweat a lot on the trainer with 3 added fans
but that thing is 1200 watts of power at 240 volts when running

if I turn the whole house down the rest of the house gets like a icebox and my 90 year old father that lives with me looks like chilly willy with 6 sweaters and 3 blankets on
and why I have a cut down 5000 CFM evaporative cooler just for my office and a full 7000 CFM one for the house and two T-Stats

Last edited by bill dennison : Aug 1, 2021 at 07:35 PM.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 11:50 AM   #84
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Nvidia’s RTX 4000 GPUs promise a huge performance leap – but AMD RDNA 3 might outdo them

https://www.techradar.com/news/nvidi...ght-outdo-them
Old Aug 2, 2021, 11:52 AM   #85
Nunz
RIP Roxen

I love how they based that off some twitter guy saying "maybe rdna3 faster" lol
Old Aug 2, 2021, 11:57 AM   #86
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
I love how they based that off some twitter guy saying "maybe rdna3 faster" lol
Like, perhaps? Could be?

yoz
Old Aug 2, 2021, 12:08 PM   #87
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Like, perhaps? Could be?
if it is NV monolithic chip vs AMD MCM Chiplet then very likely

or scenario two AMD comes out first with the MCM Chiplet 7000's and NV scraps Lovelace and goes on to Hopper
https://www.tweaktown.com/news/80757...a-3/index.html
Old Aug 2, 2021, 12:14 PM   #88
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
if it is NV monolithic chip vs AMD MCM Chiplet then very likely

or scenario two AMD comes out first with the MCM Chiplet 7000's and NV scraps Lovelace and goes on to Hopper
https://www.tweaktown.com/news/80757...a-3/index.html
I don't doubt it, just making fun of the reporting.

yoz
Old Aug 2, 2021, 12:23 PM   #89
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
I don't doubt it, just making fun of the reporting.
I just hope we do get a big jump this time

we need it and it may kill the need for DLSS/FSR at below 8k for most things
Old Aug 2, 2021, 12:27 PM   #90
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
I just hope we do get a big jump this time

we need it and it may kill the need for DLSS/FSR at below 8k for most things
We always hope for a big jump! How much you expecting? 50%?

yoz