Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Jul 30, 2021, 04:21 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Default Hell Let Loose

Is now out of early access with full retail release.

Best WW2 game I've ever played. Pretty much a mix between Battlefield and Red Orchestra. Reviews are very good on steam.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/6...ell_Let_Loose/
Old Jul 30, 2021, 05:51 AM   #2
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

I've been playing this game since very early in Early Access. These guys deserve your money; they've built with the community, listened, made changes, even altered their own plans when the community said "hey, we think this might be better".

I've gotta say this development team is really on top and care about this game. It's their baby and they've treated it as such. The game could have came out a while ago as a full release but they've waited, never released a lick of DLC, and massive amounts of content have been added without charging anyone a dime.

Support these guys and play a great game!
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2021, 06:15 AM   #3
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Will try it as I need a COD replacement.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 30, 2021, 06:30 AM   #4
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Will try it as I need a COD replacement.
If by COD replacement you mean 100 players, RTS meta game with base building and supply economy, on giant maps with armor, then sure.
Old Jul 30, 2021, 11:49 AM   #5
xCLAVEx
Will not conform

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

Online only, bleh.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2021, 11:51 AM   #6
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Game looks awesome but online PvP is really not my thing.

Would love it if there's was some kind of co-op campaign mode as that's what I enjoy more with online MP.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2021, 05:24 PM   #7
demo
space cadet

It feels a lot like coop. There is no kill feed, it's not about K/D or personal score. It's about your team winning epic battles through strategy. A lot of the highest scorers don't even have any kills. Plenty of important roles like engineer, support, medic, squad lead etc.
Old Jul 30, 2021, 05:49 PM   #8
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
It feels a lot like coop. There is no kill feed, it's not about K/D or personal score. It's about your team winning epic battles through strategy. A lot of the highest scorers don't even have any kills. Plenty of important roles like engineer, support, medic, squad lead etc.
That's cool, but i meant that i wished there was a story campaign to play through with friends.

It has recently become my favorite type of MP game. Traditional deathmatch, or team deathmatch just feels like a waste of time since there's no story progression to feel like you're really getting anywhere. Just the same thing over and over.
Old Jul 30, 2021, 06:01 PM   #9
demo
space cadet

Yeh I get what you're saying.

This is the antithesis of deathmatch. The maps go for over an hour and the front lines progress across the map, with a lot going on behind them. Supply chains, fortifications, artillery support etc. For me there is a real sense of accomplishment when your team wins, the battles are epic.

Devs are adding a campaign mode, in the sense that each win contributes to an overall meta map across Europe.
Old Jul 30, 2021, 06:20 PM   #10
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

andino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwards

I played it like 6~8 months ago and it was pretty fun. Don't know what happened to make me stop playing. I'll try it out again.
andino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2021, 07:15 PM   #11
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
Devs are adding a campaign mode, in the sense that each win contributes to an overall meta map across Europe.
When they add that in I will check it out. That makes it sound more interesting.
Old Jul 30, 2021, 08:39 PM   #12
eNforcer
Radeon Southern Islands

eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I backed this game on kickstarter but have only played a few rounds here and there. I'm always really impressed with how organized squad leaders are over voice coms, usually pretty successful at playing the objectives because of them.
eNforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2021, 10:26 AM   #13
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by eNforcer View Post
I backed this game on kickstarter but have only played a few rounds here and there. I'm always really impressed with how organized squad leaders are over voice coms, usually pretty successful at playing the objectives because of them.
I'm usually playing Officer (squad lead) and it's so satisfying when you have a squad with mics, everyone communicating, actually listening to orders and working together.

It's by far my favorite game to play, but it's really time consuming and sometimes I'm just not up for that much commitment
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Old Jul 31, 2021, 01:42 PM   #14
Jet Black
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I love the idea of this game, but multiplayer shooters seem such a risk these days. Unless you're a big name, there is no staying power and months later the servers will be dead except for a few die-hards who aren't fun to play with anyway.
Jet Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2021, 04:13 PM   #15
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Black View Post
I love the idea of this game, but multiplayer shooters seem such a risk these days. Unless you're a big name, there is no staying power and months later the servers will be dead except for a few die-hards who aren't fun to play with anyway.
Not of the development team keeps expanding the game, which this one has. When I first started playing, there was one or two servers at prime time to choose from. Now you can play in the afternoon during the workday and there's a selection.

This game will last. It already has. I've been playing for over a year now (bought it at beginning of Steam Early Access)
Old Jul 31, 2021, 04:45 PM   #16
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Saying it will last because it did during early access beta doesn't really mean anything... Also saying they keep expanding the game during the beta also doesnt mean anything.

Hopefully they will keep the game active and alive for years. There are too many shooters, but they are always better when they last a long time.
Old Jul 31, 2021, 05:09 PM   #17
demo
space cadet

This game will have legs, it already has an established regular player base for the last two years. I think primarily because it offers far more than your average shooter.

Old heads seem to love this game. Old MoH:AA, CoD1&2, BF1942, Red Orchestra, and ArmA players. I've caught up with so many guys and gals I haven't spoken to in over 10 years playing this game.
Old Aug 1, 2021, 12:18 AM   #18
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

So this means it is definitely not for me. Too bad.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2021, 04:06 AM   #19
Thr0tt
Radeon Arctic Islands

Thr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Owned this for a while and coming from Arma it definitely has the more team and tactics gameplay than the twitch shooter, I just wish I could put more time in as I think that is what it needs to really get the hang of it. I did prefer Arma co-op and would have been cool if this had that.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 07:20 AM   #20
demo
space cadet

On another note.. this has the best options for ultrawide I've seen. It allows you to choose between X or Y axis for FOV scaling to eliminate fish eye. It also has a third option called 'major axis' but I'm not exactly sure what that means.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 07:39 AM   #21
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Clownies

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

I'll give it another go in the inevitable free weekend, didn't care much for it when I tried few months ago when it had a free weekend.

Which is a shame as I loved BF1942 and did enjoy Red Orchestra back in the day.