Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Dec 22, 2008, 07:54 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
emacs
Radeon R420

emacs is still being judged by the masses

Default ninja assassin

when respect to martial arts choreography my bias leans towards the Asian continent with the likes of Yuen Woo Ping, Sammo Hung and Lau Kar-Leung. the only North American stunt team that i think can even begin to approach the aforementioned are members of 87Eleven http://www.87eleven.com/mainsite.php

Chad Stahelski and Jon Valera choreographed the fight scenes in the upcoming Ninja Asssassin http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1186367/ starring Korean pop idol Rain in the lead role of Raizo. here's a training demo reel featuring Rain http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maRMPXxNRBQ the film, Ninja Assassin, is due in theatres in 2009.
emacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2008, 08:08 PM   #2
ThirdEye
goodnight sweet prince

ThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Tell me more.

fake edit: wow I can't believe google doesn't have a screencap of when Martin of The Simpsons plays that arcade game about businessmen.
ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2008, 08:13 PM   #3
JonZ
Radeon Arctic Islands

JonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

I was thinking the same thing
JonZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 22, 2008, 08:14 PM   #4
OzzieBloke
& OzzieDogs

OzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English Channel

I'm always impressed with the dedication and discipline that goes into that kind of physical exertion. However I'm getting tired of fake wire-supported stunts. There's more than enough impressive material in those training vids without that.
OzzieBloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2008, 08:20 PM   #5
SixtySeven
play loud!

SixtySeven is still being judged by the masses

Im a microphone assassin
Old Dec 22, 2008, 08:27 PM   #6
emacs
Radeon R420

emacs is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzieBloke View Post
However I'm getting tired of fake wire-supported stunts.
wire assists in stunts have been used for decades for either artistic expression and/or safety
emacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2008, 09:11 PM   #7
Cartigan
Banned

Cartigan is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzieBloke View Post
I'm always impressed with the dedication and discipline that goes into that kind of physical exertion. However I'm getting tired of fake wire-supported stunts. There's more than enough impressive material in those training vids without that.
I can't stand movies with excess wire-stunts. That's why I can't stand Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon or the rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emacs View Post
wire assists in stunts have been used for decades for either artistic expression and/or safety
There is a difference between wire supported stunts and wire-accenting stunts.
I assume he is talking about the latter.
Cartigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2008, 09:27 PM   #8
OzzieBloke
& OzzieDogs

OzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartigan View Post
I can't stand movies with excess wire-stunts. That's why I can't stand Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon or the rest.

There is a difference between wire supported stunts and wire-accenting stunts.
I assume he is talking about the latter.
Sorry, yes, I meant the latter where they accentuate a movement or somesuch using support wires. I'm all for safety support wires to prevent someone plummeting to their death, but I hate those "I poke you with my finger, you fly back 50 feet" stunts.
OzzieBloke is offline   Reply With Quote