Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Oct 15, 2004, 01:43 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
HeXp£Øi±
Bloody

HeXp£Øi± is still being judged by the masses

Default F*ck Amazon.com

My wife tried to order me HalfLife2 from amazon.com for my birthday. Instead she fell to the advertisers confusion and bought halflife platinum edition 2. It really is confusing. When she discovered the difference she tried to cancel the order and couldn't and then freaked out canceling all our costumers orders ($100,000+) from amazon. All over $30!! Yikes! This is going to hurt our income this year and i doubt that it'll effect amazon but i sure hope they notice. It really does piss me off when advertisers do this. I know better but most people don't. Ah well...life goes on. I think she's now buying it from ebgames.

Wtf man..why am I in your sig?

:bleh:
HeXp£Øi± is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2004, 02:20 PM   #2
PiIsExactly3
Aurabolt!

PiIsExactly3 is still being judged by the masses

That sucks, but I did order Vol. 1 Futurama set for $14.99 from Amazon, so I guess that sort of balances things out... I guess...

"For my money, there is nothing funnier than provoking idiots." -Tucker Max
PiIsExactly3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2004, 02:29 PM   #3
TheOwly1
Radeon Sea Islands

TheOwly1 is still being judged by the masses

It does.

But seriously, does this mean you have to reorder all thoes products again? eep.
TheOwly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 15, 2004, 02:34 PM   #4
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Clockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird sings

It looks like your blaming Amazon.com for your wife's stupidity.

EDIT: To clarify, I went to amazon.com and type Half Life 2 into the product search. To my surprise Half Life 2 was the first item listed. Essentially, I just feel you are redirecting your anger to the wrong people.

Last edited by Clockwork : Oct 15, 2004 at 02:40 PM.
Clockwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2004, 02:38 PM   #5
PoweredBySoy
Radeon Northern Islands

PoweredBySoy is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork
It looks like your blaming Amazon.com for your wife's stupidity.
Don't worry, HeX... I just live right in Minnesota. I can drive over quick and punch him in the throat for ya.
PoweredBySoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2004, 02:41 PM   #6
Alpha

Alpha is still being judged by the masses

I'll fedex him a throat punch too

sign for that b*tch!

Old Oct 15, 2004, 02:44 PM   #7
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Clockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoweredBySoy
Don't worry, HeX... I just live right in Minnesota. I can drive over quick and punch him in the throat for ya.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha
I'll fedex him a throat punch too

sign for that b*tch!
Has anyone looked past my somewhat harsh comment and looked at the reality of the situation? It kind of makes his post and thread title look a little absurd.

Last edited by Clockwork : Oct 15, 2004 at 02:46 PM.
Clockwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2004, 02:50 PM   #8
Robotzombie
The Coz

Robotzombie is still being judged by the masses

While clockwork's post may be a little brusque (in classic clockwork fashion), I think what he's saying is pretty valid. I have found Amazon's site and customer support to be very well laid out and useful. To make the first mistake (getting the wrong version of half life) may have been a simple misunderstanding, but it certainly wasn't amazon's fault. If anything you can blame Valve for releasing TWO "platinum" editions of the same game, and of course his wife (less so) for not realizing the difference.

As far as all those cancelled orders, unless the game was placed in the same order with all that other stuff (meaning she did it or just put it in the cart and it got lumped in wth another checkout), that is clearly her fault. I've cancelled stuff at amazon before and it is very clear what the procedure is. I can't even imagine how the mistake could be made. This is not Amazon.com's fault. They are a good site and clearly not out to confuse or screw over their customers. User error.

I'm not saying your wife is an idiot, but there is no reason to be upset with Amazon.com. It's just one of those things that happen...
Old Oct 15, 2004, 03:02 PM   #9
jws
Rage3D Veteran

jws is still being judged by the masses

I'm thinking Valve (or publisher) chose the name "halflife platinum edition 2", not Amazon..
3000+ barton / Abit NF7-S 1.2 / 2x512 Corsair DDR3200 / ATI Radeon 9700pro / Catalyst 6.2 / DX9.0c / TurboLink 420W PSU / Maxtor 120gig Z01P120 HD / Verbatim (NEC ND-3540a) DVD+-RW/R writer / Verbatim 40/12/48 CDRW / Initio SCSI controller / Samsung 955df / Windows XP Pro w/SP2 / Bytecc ME320U2 external USB2 enclosure with Maxtor 120gig HD

~~~
Multitasking - screwing up several things at once.
jws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2004, 03:05 PM   #10
blackgoat
devil's advocate

blackgoat is still being judged by the masses

I don't see how people are jumping down Clockwork's throat with this being said in the original post:

Quote:
When she discovered the difference she tried to cancel the order and couldn't and then freaked out canceling all our costumers orders ($100,000+) from amazon.
How is her "freaking out" amazon.com's fault? People need to spend more time reading and less time trying to be e-knights...
Old Oct 15, 2004, 03:37 PM   #11
slybri
Radeon R520

slybri is still being judged by the masses

Yeah, you shouldn't go ordering stuff if you don't know anything about it. And you shouldn't freak out when you realize it's a mistake and click the first thing that says cancel. They have customer service you know. Not amazon's fault. Read, comprehend, then click.

But F*ck Amazon anyway.... just on principle.
P4 2.8c [email protected] 3.2, thermalright SLK947u, asus p4p800 deluxe, PNY Verto 6800gt, 1 gig o' Geil pc3200 crapram, 80gig seagate hd, Logitech Mx-1000 laser mouse, , audigy 2 zs soundcard, Logitech Z-5500 5.1 system, 22" Mitsubishi 2070sb diamond pro CRT (primary) (with usb hub and SUPERBRIGHT mode...for the good times!), 15" samsung 700df (secondary), 3-d shutter glasses, Sidewinder force feedback joystick and steering wheel, wingman cordless gamepad, Black and Silver custom Superman theme case with plenty of fancy light gizmos and fans and whatnot...
slybri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2004, 04:29 PM   #12
Beak
Radeon Northern Islands

Location: United States BuRp!!! Dey Dont make CheeKins likE day uSed TA!!
Beak is still being judged by the masses

They also have that CS 1*800 number thats hard to locate sometimes but ive yet to find over the phone their CS to suck yet.

Easily could have cancelled it over the phone also.
Beak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2004, 08:19 PM   #13
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwards

I agree with those who say this isn't Amazon's fault. You can return stuff that you order from them by mistake, I think they even will send a shipping service out to pick it up.

As for cancelling a bunch of your customers' orders, that is definitely not Amazon's fault. It's inconceivable to me how someone could even make such a glaring mistake.

Anyway, accidents happen and it shouldn't be too hard to reorder all the stuff, hopefully, but don't blame Amazon when it's not really their fault.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2004, 08:56 PM   #14
Numptyboy
Radeon R520

Numptyboy is still being judged by the masses

what a stipid comment 'wife's stupidity'

i vote for the throat(if tru ur wife is quite thoughtful)
Numptyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2004, 09:29 PM   #15
yoz
The Garbage Man

yoz once held a door open for a complete strangeryoz once held a door open for a complete strangeryoz once held a door open for a complete strangeryoz once held a door open for a complete stranger

Dumb wife.
  • Play the classics
  • Vista/XP Compatible
yoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2004, 09:55 PM   #16
KMax
I'm Just a Typical

KMax is still being judged by the masses

Heh..

K-Max

::Heatware:: 69-0-0 // ::Wii Friend Code:: 1304 0169 4539 7606 // ::PS3 & Xbox 360 Tag:: Rezeph
KMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2004, 12:27 AM   #17
ASCI Blue
Grammar NAZI

ASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird sings

This is part of the reason I never let ANY females order or buy me anything without it written down. They always manage to **** it up.

Proud Creator of The Cock Crew (Sportbike Network) Preventing "gay friends." ...one pecker at a time.

bounty hunter
Quote:
kids are pretty much invincible, man I doubt even explosions can phase the little womb demons
battlenet: voxmortis, origin: asci_blue, steam: death_incarnate352
ASCI Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2004, 12:55 AM   #18
Hypeman
RAP OWNS U

Hypeman is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASCI Blue
This is part of the reason I never let ANY females order or buy me anything without it written down. They always manage to **** it up.

that is so tru...
Old Oct 16, 2004, 01:17 AM   #19
ThereIsASpoon
Radeon Northern Islands

ThereIsASpoon is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoweredBySoy

and i wonder who's going to drive over and punch you?

he IS right... it was his wife's mistake, even if it's understandable.
ThereIsASpoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2004, 01:20 AM   #20
ThereIsASpoon
Radeon Northern Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotzombie
While clockwork's post may be a little brusque (in classic clockwork fashion), I think what he's saying is pretty valid. I have found Amazon's site and customer support to be very well laid out and useful. To make the first mistake (getting the wrong version of half life) may have been a simple misunderstanding, but it certainly wasn't amazon's fault. If anything you can blame Valve for releasing TWO "platinum" editions of the same game, and of course his wife (less so) for not realizing the difference.

As far as all those cancelled orders, unless the game was placed in the same order with all that other stuff (meaning she did it or just put it in the cart and it got lumped in wth another checkout), that is clearly her fault. I've cancelled stuff at amazon before and it is very clear what the procedure is. I can't even imagine how the mistake could be made. This is not Amazon.com's fault. They are a good site and clearly not out to confuse or screw over their customers. User error.

I'm not saying your wife is an idiot, but there is no reason to be upset with Amazon.com. It's just one of those things that happen...

its not the fact that valve has 2 billion editions of a game, its the fact his wife bought the wrong one. clearly, she is at fault, with understanding that valve released too many damn editions of a mediocre game.

its still her fault though.
Old Oct 16, 2004, 01:23 AM   #21
ThereIsASpoon
Radeon Northern Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackgoat
I don't see how people are jumping down Clockwork's throat with this being said in the original post:

How is her "freaking out" amazon.com's fault? People need to spend more time reading and less time trying to be e-knights...

how about we give em an e-circumsicion for their e-penis's?

Old Oct 16, 2004, 01:25 AM   #22
ThereIsASpoon
Radeon Northern Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASCI Blue

now all you need are females in your life
Old Oct 16, 2004, 05:49 AM   #23
yoz
The Garbage Man

yoz once held a door open for a complete strangeryoz once held a door open for a complete strangeryoz once held a door open for a complete strangeryoz once held a door open for a complete stranger

Some low quality spammage by the spoon, like he couldn't post all that crap in a single post
  • Play the classics
  • Vista/XP Compatible
yoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2004, 08:16 AM   #24
ThereIsASpoon
Radeon Northern Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoz
Some low quality spammage by the spoon, like he couldn't post all that crap in a single post

actually i couldn't. quoting each post individually is much easier and easier to read.

you can ignore me in your settings if you feel i have nothing to contribute to you.