Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Sep 5, 2021, 07:52 PM   #19051
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
mizzer
Believing is Seeing

mizzer once held a door open for a complete strangermizzer once held a door open for a complete strangermizzer once held a door open for a complete stranger

Subscriber

Shang Chi. Great fun! 8/10
mizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2021, 11:14 AM   #19052
Lupine
Administrator

Lupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Family movie night: Cruella.

Was surprisingly good, with some good twists taking it away from the expected storyline. Adults enjoyed it as much as the kiddo.
Lupine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2021, 09:35 PM   #19053
KAC
All ur gays r belong 2 me

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Shaft on Netflix. A fitting Samuel role/10.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 7, 2021, 11:54 PM   #19054
KAC

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Come and find me. Great thriller with a really shitty ending/10.
Old Sep 8, 2021, 11:32 AM   #19055
UberBeavis
This is SO much fun!!!!

UberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Shang Chi - was really fun 8.5/10

See more of my horrible photos, and a few good ones here.
UberBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2021, 06:56 AM   #19056
KAC

Kate. No one can shoot a skinny bitch/10.
Old Sep 11, 2021, 05:04 AM   #19057
koralis
Radeon Volcanic Islands

koralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird sings

Watched Come From Away on AppleTV. It's a recording of a Broadway mudical about rerouted flights on 9/11 which ended up in a small town in Newfoundland. It's fast paced, dramatic, funny and kind/uplifting. A delight if you enjoy Theatre.

Kcrucible - Playing with Fire

Last edited by koralis : Sep 12, 2021 at 08:47 AM.
koralis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2021, 05:47 AM   #19058
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Malignant - 4/10 lol what a heap of trash
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2021, 10:33 AM   #19059
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

YellowBeard is not someone to be trifled withYellowBeard is not someone to be trifled withYellowBeard is not someone to be trifled withYellowBeard is not someone to be trifled withYellowBeard is not someone to be trifled withYellowBeard is not someone to be trifled withYellowBeard is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupine View Post
Family movie night: Cruella.

Was surprisingly good, with some good twists taking it away from the expected storyline. Adults enjoyed it as much as the kiddo.
I still can't believe out of all the movies and villians they could have tried to make into sympathetic characters they picked the one that wanted to make a coat out of puppies.
the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!”

YellowBeard says, "Fold ya scurvy b*st*rds!"
YellowBeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2021, 04:58 PM   #19060
Kain
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Kain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwards

Watched a few movies past couple of days: Escape Room: Tournament of Champions (extended cut), Malignant, and Hell House LLC (director's cut).

Escape Room was pretty fun but I think I remember being more impressed by the first movie. That being said, I did find the set designs of some of the "challenge rooms" pretty impressive. Also, based on what I've read, the theatrical cut and the extended cut of this movie are quite different. They almost have different plots.

Malignant was a nice surprise. Thought it was "okay" for about 2/3 of the movie where it kind of felt like another relatively generic horror movie. Went pretty crazy during the last 1/3.

Hell House LLC is a fake documentary horror found footage movie. I always like fake horror documentary movies since it makes it feel more real (Lake Mungo is a great example of this). Some parts of this movie were really effective and creepy.
Intel Core i7-3930K | Corsair Hydro Series H100i PRO | GIGABYTE GA-X79-UD3 | 16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3 2133 MHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING | Creative Sound Blaster AE-9 | Crucial m4 256 GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2 TB | Pioneer BDR-206DBK | EVGA SuperNOVA 850 P2 | Corsair Obsidian Series 650D | ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | 2 x JBL LSR305 + 1 x JBL LSR310S | Microsoft SideWinder X4 | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | SteelSeries QcK mini | Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Kain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2021, 07:34 AM   #19061
huskylord
Radeon Arctic Islands

huskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Free Guy, fun for the kids
Old Sep 12, 2021, 04:22 PM   #19062
huskylord
Radeon Arctic Islands

huskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Shang Chi...6/10

Started great and then went flat
Old Sep 14, 2021, 09:45 PM   #19063
dodger
Doggy

dodger can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultydodger can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Ratchet and Clank - 5 out of 10. Sound mixing on Netflix sounded off. One dimensional characters all the way around for the most part. Definitely something to keep the kiddos occupied and is mostly a 90 minute commercial for the game.
dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2021, 07:14 AM   #19064
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
Malignant - 4/10 lol what a heap of trash
You know the WTF at the end was kinda worth it. 6/10 from me.

Maybe James Wan is done with good horror?

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2021, 08:03 AM   #19065
KAC

In most horror or thriller movies I assume the last 5 minutes don’t exist. That way you get the happy ending.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 01:53 PM   #19066
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Kate. Boring, could see the "surprise" from miles ahead. Meh...

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Time is the school in which we learn, Time is the fire in which we burn. *Delmore Schwartz*

Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2021, 09:10 PM   #19067
KAC

Guilty. White man grows a conscience/10.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 11:20 PM   #19068
Payne3d
[Fancy a Butcher's?]

Payne3d once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Payne3d once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Payne3d once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Payne3d once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Payne3d once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Payne3d once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post

6/10 from me too
decent for what it was
interesting character design
Old Sep 16, 2021, 07:20 AM   #19069
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payne3d View Post
6/10 from me too
decent for what it was
interesting character design
Yeah, this.

yoz
Old Sep 17, 2021, 05:07 PM   #19070
Kain
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Kain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwards

Watched three movies: Candyman (2021), Old, and Nightbooks.

Candyman (2021) was good but prefer the original. Old was alright. Not sure if that's how they were told to act but the acting felt a bit amateurish. Nightbooks is a family-friendly horror movie. Not bad for what it was.
Intel Core i7-3930K | Corsair Hydro Series H100i PRO | GIGABYTE GA-X79-UD3 | 16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3 2133 MHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING | Creative Sound Blaster AE-9 | Crucial m4 256 GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2 TB | Pioneer BDR-206DBK | EVGA SuperNOVA 850 P2 | Corsair Obsidian Series 650D | ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | 2 x JBL LSR305 + 1 x JBL LSR310S | Microsoft SideWinder X4 | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | SteelSeries QcK mini | Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Kain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2021, 05:23 PM   #19071
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Comment je suis devenu super-héros. Was ok'ish.

"Time is the school in which we learn, Time is the fire in which we burn. *Delmore Schwartz*

Old Sep 17, 2021, 06:46 PM   #19072
jimmyboy
Walk it off!

jimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badges

I've been watching a lot of movies these days.

The Adjustment Bureau 8.5/10
- This was a rewatch and I forgot how annoying her character is. But I get that he loved her and needed her in his life. A very interesting story and an interesting take on the possible nature of reality.

Alita: Battle Angel 8/10
- was better than I expected. Very interesting cyberpunk type story.

Shang-Chi 9.5/10
- I loved it! Didn't think it would be all that good but I've seen it twice so far. Top tier MCU and martial arts movie with a good story. I might actually get the blu ray of this one and I rarely buy movies.

Free Guy 8.5/10
- I did not at all expect to like it because Ryan Reynolds tends to be a bit annoying. I didn't even want to see it but went with a friend. But thought it was a great story and very well done. I liked the heck out of it.

Oblivion 8/10
- I knew nothing about this movie but there were some excellent twists here. Liked it a lot.
jimmyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2021, 08:09 PM   #19073
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post

I almost think he did this movie as a favor for a friend The story wasn't his. He directed it, but two other people in the credit came up with the story and wrote it.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2021, 09:17 PM   #19074
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
I almost think he did this movie as a favor for a friend The story wasn't his. He directed it, but two other people in the credit came up with the story and wrote it.
That makes sense.

yoz
Old Sep 18, 2021, 09:33 PM   #19075
KAC

Dune. 6.5/10.
Old Sep 18, 2021, 10:28 PM   #19076
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Fuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Dune. 6.5/10.
What? No been there Dune that/10?
Old Sep 18, 2021, 10:40 PM   #19077
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Dune. 6.5/10.
Maybe they should have shown more bewbies?

Ryzen 5 5600x - radeon 6700xt - 32 gigs memory

Nintendo: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega: Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
Sony: PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
Microsoft: og xbox, xbox360, xbone, series 3
Atari: Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo: Neo Geo Pocket Color
Other: Colecovision, Intellivision, Vectrex

riva tnt
tnt2
geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon 8500
radeon 9600
radeon 9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2021, 10:56 PM   #19078
KAC

It was on cable so no boobies on the local TCM channel. I really didn’t like it that much. Might be also because I started on it a bit late (25 mins or so had past). Think I spoiled the 2021 movie by watching this.
Old Sep 19, 2021, 01:37 AM   #19079
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwards

Candyman 1/10

Nothing like playing the victim while slaughtering innocents at the same time.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2021, 03:53 PM   #19080
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Once upon a time in Hollywood. Well, that was a wild ride, to say at least. Especially the ending. Overall a good movie.