Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Oct 20, 2021, 05:34 PM   #19201
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
Dune - 8/10. Very good, but only half the story. Gotta wait 2-3 years for the rest, I guess.
Out on HBO Max? Will watch this weekend.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2021, 11:36 PM   #19202
KAC
All ur gays r belong 2 me

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

How is it half the story? They showed everything already.
It would be stupid to make a movie out of the visions that were shown. Is there a sequel?
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2021, 04:06 AM   #19203
koralis
Radeon Volcanic Islands

koralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
It would be stupid to make a movie out of the visions that were shown. Is there a sequel?
hahaha. Dune itself was a huge book, but there were many many sequels of similar size.

Kcrucible - Playing with Fire
koralis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 21, 2021, 08:59 AM   #19204
dodger
Doggy

dodger can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultydodger can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
There better be a sequel given all the positive press its getting plus good reviews from Ragers that have gotten to see it already. I'm going to try to delay watching it so my month of HBO max covers some stuff coming out in November (or I'll just go the my local AMC).
dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2021, 09:09 AM   #19205
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
The first book is pretty big. The movie is listed as "Part 1" and only goes up to a point about half-way in the book.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2021, 09:28 AM   #19206
KAC

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

But it seemed that the movie is same as the Dune from the 1970s. Will read up on it.
Old Oct 21, 2021, 10:47 AM   #19207
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
But it seemed that the movie is same as the Dune from the 1980s. Will read up on it.
Fixed for accuracy.

yoz
Old Oct 22, 2021, 01:37 AM   #19208
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Dune is what 8 books

and this didn't finish the first book

we may not live to see the end

9/10 for part 1
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2021, 09:42 AM   #19209
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
Dune is what 8 books

9/10 for part 1
Only the first 3 books tell a relatively cohesive story. After that, things get...weird. I read up to Chapterhouse Dune and just couldn't anymore.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2021, 12:20 PM   #19210
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
Only the first 3 books tell a relatively cohesive story. After that, things get...weird. I read up to Chapterhouse Dune and just couldn't anymore.

yea at some point in there herbert discovered drugs
Old Oct 22, 2021, 12:56 PM   #19211
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Dune is what 8 books

9/10 for part 1
I hope they get to the part where he turns into a space worm!

Ryzen 5 5600x - radeon 6700xt - 32 gigs memory

Nintendo: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega: Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
Sony: PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
Microsoft: og xbox, xbox360, xbone, series 3
Atari: Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo: Neo Geo Pocket Color
Other: Colecovision, Intellivision, Vectrex

riva tnt
tnt2
geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon 8500
radeon 9600
radeon 9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2021, 06:57 PM   #19212
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Dune

Loved it, can't wait for the next one.
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2021, 09:03 PM   #19213
Greasy
ODI

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

I watched Dune 1984. Those special effects.

Now on to the new one.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2021, 10:01 PM   #19214
NIGELG
Fire of Unknown Origin

NIGELG once held a door open for a complete strangerNIGELG once held a door open for a complete strangerNIGELG once held a door open for a complete stranger

Second to last Dune 2021.(Yesterday).

Last Alien 3.(Today).
Old Oct 23, 2021, 07:16 AM   #19215
Jankan
Banged

Jankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Dune. Also liked it, thought it was a really good sci-fi. Made me want to watch blade runner which I haven’t seen yet, looks to be in the same mold
Old Oct 23, 2021, 12:22 PM   #19216
Cyko
Your New Lord

Cyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Dune - 9/10

Great VFX and sound. Actors doing a great job (even though I want to punch the lead kid in the mouth whenever he speaks). Can’t wait for the sequel.

Insidious / Insidious 2 - 9/10

With the OLED and ATMOS setup holy ****. Creepy factor jumped by 1,000.

Alpha
| Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |

Cyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2021, 07:34 PM   #19217
mizzer
Believing is Seeing

mizzer once held a door open for a complete strangermizzer once held a door open for a complete strangermizzer once held a door open for a complete stranger

Subscriber

Dune. A cinematic masterpiece: sound, music, cinematography. So good! My most enjoyable movie since the LOTR series.
mizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2021, 08:51 PM   #19218
JZL
Starship Trooper

JZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwards

No Time to Die . . . 7.5/10

The end of the Daniel Craig era. These were mostly solid movies. I agree with whoever said these have been up and down but even the not-so-good ones weren't horrible. It's nice that his era ended on an uptick.

Holy bejeezuss, I didn't think they'd kill off so many key players. I'm surprised they killed off Maleck's character meaning no more Safin later on. Will Lashana Lynch go on to be 007 in subsequent movies or will they skip way ahead to when Bond's daughter carries on the family name?

BTW, for someone who likes the series but has never seen any of the Brosnan ones, which one to start?

Last edited by JZL : Oct 23, 2021 at 08:58 PM. Reason: First movie @ theater since Tenet
JZL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2021, 09:20 PM   #19219
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Dune second viewing.

This shouldve been a 10 hr HBO show. So much character development and story is left behind. Villeneuve said this was his Star Wars cept SW wasnt based on a richly detailed book just a bunch of sci fi ideas. So to go about it the same way to do quick character introductions and thin storytelling doesnt quite work here. And its sanitized not only vs the book but even vs the Lynch film which was darker. Harkonnens werent just brutal rich corrupt shitheads they were seriously ****ed up. PG13
but shouldve been an R rated flick. Cast is good cept Paul who shouldve been latino. Atreides was a mediterranean/latino type society.

But yea good effects, sound and pacing as well...

6-10 but it needs its second half.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 21.6.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 5800X3D :). 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Cas 16 Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 22.4.1. 1700 mhz @1.1v. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone, Andino... -My Baron, he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2021, 09:23 PM   #19220
jimmyboy
Walk it off!

jimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badges

"V", the original 80s series. Just started and so far it's good but irritating in how gullible humans are. "Oh look, there's a sudden, unannounced fleet of hundreds of giant carrier ships that took over the air space of all our major metropolitan areas. But they said they come in peace so let's believe them."

Idiots.
jimmyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2021, 09:23 PM   #19221
Greasy
ODI

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

The new Dune was very good. Glad I watched the original first. They really changed it up enough to make it fresh, and left plenty of room for the second movie. 9/10 for me.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2021, 10:24 AM   #19222
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyboy View Post
"V", the original 80s series. Just started and so far it's good but irritating in how gullible humans are. "Oh look, there's a sudden, unannounced fleet of hundreds of giant carrier ships that took over the air space of all our major metropolitan areas. But they said they come in peace so let's believe them."

Idiots.
well the 80s had some cringeworthy series, but they still have that certain kind of charme

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Time is the school in which we learn, Time is the fire in which we burn. *Delmore Schwartz*

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2021, 10:35 AM   #19223
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZL View Post
No Time to Die . . . 7.5/10

The end of the Daniel Craig era. These were mostly solid movies. I agree with whoever said these have been up and down but even the not-so-good ones weren't horrible. It's nice that his era ended on an uptick.

Holy bejeezuss, I didn't think they'd kill off so many key players. I'm surprised they killed off Maleck's character meaning no more Safin later on. Will Lashana Lynch go on to be 007 in subsequent movies or will they skip way ahead to when Bond's daughter carries on the family name?

BTW, for someone who likes the series but has never seen any of the Brosnan ones, which one to start?
Goldeneye.

yoz
Old Oct 24, 2021, 11:14 AM   #19224
KAC

Goldeneye is the best bond movie.
Old Oct 24, 2021, 11:18 AM   #19225
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Goldeneye is the best bond movie.
Stop being an ass, no one claimed it was the best Bond movie.

yoz
Old Oct 24, 2021, 11:59 AM   #19226
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Stop being an ass, no one claimed it was the best Bond movie.
The November Man
Old Oct 24, 2021, 02:39 PM   #19227
JZL
Starship Trooper

JZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwards

Quote:
The November Man
I meant James Bond, not Ward Bond.
Old Oct 24, 2021, 09:07 PM   #19228
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Dune - as close to 10/10 as I've ever seen. Incredible movie, glad we saw it in the theater.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2021, 07:33 AM   #19229
huskylord
Radeon Arctic Islands

huskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

My local IMAX is still not open.....would love to see Dune on that kind of screen.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 08:33 AM   #19230
mizzer
Believing is Seeing

mizzer once held a door open for a complete strangermizzer once held a door open for a complete strangermizzer once held a door open for a complete stranger

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
Dune - as close to 10/10 as I've ever seen. Incredible movie, glad we saw it in the theater.
Quote:
Originally Posted by huskylord View Post
My local IMAX is still not open.....would love to see Dune on that kind of screen.
We traveled an hour just to see it in a Cinemark XD theater. We are so glad we did. The sound and music (Hans Zimmer) were incredible. The scene with the Sardaukar initiates... haunting.

I get that they had to clean up some of the Harkonnen lore. The Baron was a pedophile after all.
mizzer is offline   Reply With Quote