Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Oct 25, 2021, 10:08 AM   #19231
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
CyanBlues
Radeon Southern Islands

CyanBlues once held a door open for a complete strangerCyanBlues once held a door open for a complete strangerCyanBlues once held a door open for a complete strangerCyanBlues once held a door open for a complete stranger

dune, 9/10 also here
Old Oct 25, 2021, 10:47 AM   #19232
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyanBlues View Post
dune, 9/10 also here
Yup, great vision. Although we'll have to see if they can keep up the quality for part 2. Endings are always the hardest part to get right, and this film kindof punted that.

Ryzen 5 5600x - radeon 6700xt - 32 gigs memory

Nintendo: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega: Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
Sony: PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
Microsoft: og xbox, xbox360, xbone, series 3
Atari: Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo: Neo Geo Pocket Color
Other: Colecovision, Intellivision, Vectrex

riva tnt
tnt2
geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon 8500
radeon 9600
radeon 9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2021, 11:29 AM   #19233
koralis
Radeon Volcanic Islands

koralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog View Post
Yup, great vision. Although we'll have to see if they can keep up the quality for part 2. Endings are always the hardest part to get right, and this film kindof punted that.

Sure, but at least it's more coherent than the earlier version. Things are more or less explained and followable.

Kcrucible - Playing with Fire
koralis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 25, 2021, 11:47 AM   #19234
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by koralis View Post
Sure, but at least it's more coherent than the earlier version. Things are more or less explained and followable.
There's a longer version of the 1984 Dune with a helpful prologue that sets everything up very nicely.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2021, 12:07 PM   #19235
xCLAVEx
FYI FTP BGI BOYB

xCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird sings

Just watched Dune last night. Was ok but a bit too artsy-fartsy for me. It assumed you had read the books and knew everything already, but for those of us that haven't it was a bit hard to follow at times.

For free on HBO it's not bad but I would have been irritated had I paid $15 to see it in the theaters.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

"A man moaning in a pr0n sounds like a cow with a kidney stone."

"It's often not your fault if you have problems, but it is your responsibility to do something about them".
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2021, 02:42 PM   #19236
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
There's a longer version of the 1984 Dune with a helpful prologue that sets everything up very nicely.
I liked the 90s Dune just fine, but no question the new one is FAR superior. Little things like having well differentiated actors that are perfectly matched to their characters makes all the difference. Jason Momoa as Duncan Idaho is so pitch-perfect, and so well differentiated from Josh Brolin as Gurney Halleck, even though they're both tough-guy soldier characters. That kind of casting makes the story effortless to follow.

Contrast that to the guy who played Duncan Idaho in the 1984 version... Very generic actor who could have just as easily been slotted in for any other character in the story:

Nintendo: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds

riva tnt
tnt2
geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon 8500
radeon 9600
radeon 9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt
Old Oct 25, 2021, 08:37 PM   #19237
CyanBlues
Radeon Southern Islands

CyanBlues once held a door open for a complete strangerCyanBlues once held a door open for a complete strangerCyanBlues once held a door open for a complete strangerCyanBlues once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCLAVEx View Post
Just watched Dune last night. Was ok but a bit too artsy-fartsy for me. It assumed you had read the books and knew everything already, but for those of us that haven't it was a bit hard to follow at times.

For free on HBO it's not bad but I would have been irritated had I paid $15 to see it in the theaters.

yeah a lot of the stuff is left unexplained for people who haven't seen the original or red the book, no mentat explanation etc...
Old Oct 25, 2021, 11:39 PM   #19238
JZL
Starship Trooper

JZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Contrast that to the guy who played Duncan Idaho in the 1984 version... Very generic actor who could have just as easily been slotted in for any other character in the story:
Whatchutalkinaboutwillis that's Richard Jordan of Logan's Run, Rooster Cogburn, and Hunt for Red October fame.
Old Oct 26, 2021, 07:45 AM   #19239
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZL View Post
Whatchutalkinaboutwillis that's Richard Jordan of Logan's Run, Rooster Cogburn, and Hunt for Red October fame.
Indeed.

yoz
Old Oct 26, 2021, 11:56 AM   #19240
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyanBlues View Post
yeah a lot of the stuff is left unexplained for people who haven't seen the original or red the book, no mentat explanation etc...
Yep. Also no mention of why nobody uses computers in Dune, but I thought it was cool how there wasn't a single "thinking machine" (computer) around. They were outlawed after the Butlerian Jihad 10K years before. It was a nice touch in the movie.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2021, 09:12 PM   #19241
necropimp
WRAAAA!!!!!

necropimp knows why the caged bird singsnecropimp knows why the caged bird singsnecropimp knows why the caged bird singsnecropimp knows why the caged bird singsnecropimp knows why the caged bird sings

sunday...dune

monday... arachnophobia, bats, lost boys, ernest scared stupid, ernest goes to camp (though i fell asleep part way through... as if every single second of the movie wasn't permanently burned into my memory)

probably do something similar tonight and watch a bunch of movies until i pass out on the couch
Old Oct 26, 2021, 09:47 PM   #19242
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZL View Post
He's actually a decent actor but the 84 Dune was gutted by the studio. The original runtime was 3.5 hours and they cut it down to 2h 17 min. I imagine a lot of Duncan Idaho was left on the cutting room floor. His character was barely onscreen in that version.

Really wish David Lynch would revisit and recut the film to his original vision...

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 21.6.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 5800X3D :). 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Cas 16 Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 22.4.1. 1700 mhz @1.1v. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 11 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone, Andino... -My Baron, he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2021, 10:39 PM   #19243
UberBeavis
This is SO much fun!!!!

UberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Lamb.

I bet this would be much more enjoyable on psychedelics/10

See more of my horrible photos, and a few good ones here.
UberBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2021, 11:19 AM   #19244
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

The Forgotten Battle on Netflix.

It was about a WWII battle near the Port of Antwerp in the Netherlands that I didn't know much about and thought it was pretty well done. Enjoyed it from start to finish, only real complaint I had was the sound mix seemed a bit rough in some parts with a lot of ambient bass. Could not always make out the dialogue. Could have been my home theater system though. Had to turn the bass down and turn up the center channel speaker.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2021, 11:58 AM   #19245
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

The Social Dilemma on Netflix. If that doesn't make you give up Facebook, TicTok, Instagram, etc...nothing will.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2021, 04:56 PM   #19246
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Waiting for the barbarians. Meeeh, very meh..... 4/10

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Time is the school in which we learn, Time is the fire in which we burn. *Delmore Schwartz*

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2021, 09:00 PM   #19247
JZL
Starship Trooper

JZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwards

The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou . . . 7/10

This was Bill Murray's next movie after Lost in Translation*. I didn't like it when it came out. I don't like all of Wes Anderson's stuff, but I now have a lot more respect for him and probably movie-making generally.

It's on Prime now.

Last edited by JZL : Oct 29, 2021 at 09:03 PM. Reason: *Garfield doesn't count and he had a tiny bit role in Coffee and Cigarettes, which is worth a look.
JZL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2021, 03:13 PM   #19248
Kain
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Kain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwards

Watched a few movies: Paranormal Activity: Next of Kin, Dune (2021), and The Night House.

Paranormal Activity: Next of Kin was probably the most polished and well made Paranormal Activity movie but in every other area it fell flat. Also, didn't really feel like a Paranormal Activity movie. Might be the weakest entry.

Dune (2021) was good. However, not "The Lord of the Rings" good as some are saying.

The Night House was awesome. Loved this movie. Nice mix of mild horror and mystery.
Intel Core i7-3930K | Corsair Hydro Series H100i PRO | GIGABYTE GA-X79-UD3 | 16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3 2133 MHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING | Creative Sound Blaster AE-9 | Crucial m4 256 GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2 TB | Pioneer BDR-206DBK | EVGA SuperNOVA 850 P2 | Corsair Obsidian Series 650D | ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | 2 x JBL LSR305 + 1 x JBL LSR310S | Microsoft SideWinder X4 | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | SteelSeries QcK mini | Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Kain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2021, 08:10 PM   #19249
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Black Widow 3/10 and that’s being generous.

Makes me want to never waste a moment on a Marvel movie again.
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2021, 10:41 PM   #19250
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post

Sounds like Eternals isn't going to be any better. I have high hopes for Spiderman though.

riva tnt
tnt2
geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon 8500
radeon 9600
radeon 9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt
Old Oct 31, 2021, 06:23 AM   #19251
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Sounds like Eternals isn't going to be any better. I have high hopes for Spiderman though.
Everything I’ve seen on Eternals so far looks like utter trash. I’m not going to waste my time on it.
Old Oct 31, 2021, 07:12 AM   #19252
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post

, so true.

yoz
Old Oct 31, 2021, 07:58 PM   #19253
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled with

Free Guy - 4/10 Quite stupid.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2021, 09:45 PM   #19254
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

The French Dispatch - 9.5/10, whimsical and fantastic, loved every second of it.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2021, 11:45 PM   #19255
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Halloween kills 4/10 entertaining kills but movie was just garbo lol.

Sittal on BF2142 "wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."

Logical "u dont have to lie to us that u got fired again we dont judge here that your 🌯 weren't up to snuff."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2021, 02:16 AM   #19256
ugly
Radeon R700

ugly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyugly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evileh View Post
Halloween kills 4/10 entertaining kills but movie was just garbo lol.
The movie was kind of a mess. Still entertaining enough to be watchable.

It takes almost 20 minutes to get to the present storyline. The present storyline takes place in progress immediately after the events of the previous movie. None of the previous 20 minutes of backstory helps remind us what happened in the previous movie. And it's not like a slasher movie needs to be propped up by a lot of backstory and lore.

The whole mob thing in the hospital was really out of place. Halloween movies are usually about victims getting stalked and killed in a small neighbourhood.

Suddenly, they have a mob of angry citizens chasing someone mindlessly through the hospital, which is neither scary nor suspenseful.

It seemed like they were trying to make some profound point about mob mentality and fear. Or that Michael Myers wins by spreading fear and he's really not that dangerous.

But then in the end he ends up getting beaten down by a mob, but then ends up being superhuman and singlehandedly kills the mob. If something like that is around, then being fearful is probably the correct reaction.

Sure, it's sort of cool to see him take on a group of people at once like some killing machine. But it kind of ruins that whole ambiguity that the series sort of had as to whether he's just a normal person that's a maniac, or if he's some supernatural monster.
ugly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2021, 06:22 AM   #19257
jimmyboy
Walk it off!

jimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badges

"I know what you did last summer" (1997)
7.5/10

I'm not a horror fan but decided to watch a couple of that type recently. This one was well written, the story had some good twists, and the actors all did just fine. Speaking of fine, hello, Jennifer Hewitt and Sarah Michelle Gellar...

"The uninvited" (1944)
7/10

It's a proper ghost story with some truly spooky moments. The twists are guessable along the way but it's still spooky. The acting is mostly fine.
jimmyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2021, 09:11 AM   #19258
Lazy8s
One day at a time

The Haunting (1963)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0057129/

It wasn’t ‘entertaining’ as much as it was interesting watching how they tried to use camera angles, lights/shadows and dialogue to try to create what we take for granted in the age of CGI/FX etc. I thought it was a well done film.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 01:11 AM   #19259
jimmyboy
Walk it off!

jimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badges

So I just had to watch "I still know what you did last summer." (1998)

1/10

Dumb. Very uncreative and boring, oh and dumb. Jennifer was super fine but that's the only thing worth seeing here. But then they made a third movie? And now a TV series?? Really?? Why?!
jimmyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2021, 02:05 AM   #19260
ugly
Radeon R700

ugly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyugly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyboy View Post
So I just had to watch "I still know what you did last summer." (1998)

1/10

Dumb. Very uncreative and boring, oh and dumb. Jennifer was super fine but that's the only thing worth seeing here. But then they made a third movie? And now a TV series?? Really?? Why?!
If you do watch the third one, you're going to need to adjust your rating scale because there's not enough separation between 1 and 0.
ugly is offline   Reply With Quote