Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old May 5, 2010, 10:13 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
compunoob
Computer Bonehead

compunoob knows why the caged bird singscompunoob knows why the caged bird singscompunoob knows why the caged bird singscompunoob knows why the caged bird singscompunoob knows why the caged bird sings

Default Amazon.com sux

This has to be the most god aweful site to purchase multiple items from. I swear I went from happy to just flipping pissed in less than 5 mins. I swear I will do whatever I can to not buy there again unless it is just 1 item.
compunoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2010, 10:20 PM   #2
BobbyRPI2712
Radeon Arctic Islands

BobbyRPI2712 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by compunoob View Post
This has to be the most god aweful site to purchase multiple items from. I swear I went from happy to just flipping pissed in less than 5 mins. I swear I will do whatever I can to not buy there again unless it is just 1 item.
?

I think amazon is very easy to use...

Care to elaborate?

BobbyRPI2712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2010, 10:20 PM   #3
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Amazon is awesome... no tax and usually no shipping cost if you buy something relatively higher priced.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 5, 2010, 10:22 PM   #4
DorXtar
SMILE!

DorXtar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDorXtar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I think you'd have to be some sort of massive computer noob to be confused by the different options you have at amazon.

Either you're buying from amazon directly, or you're purchasing from a 3rd party, in which case, you can't sensibly expect to get discounted group shipping or everything in the same package if you're mixing 3rd party sellers and items directly from amazon.

It's not hard.
2 Peter 3:3) For YOU know this first, that in the last days there will come ridiculers with their ridicule, proceeding according to their own desires 4) and saying: “Where is this promised presence of his? Why, from the day our forefathers fell asleep [in death], all things are continuing exactly as from creation’s beginning.” 5) For, according to their wish, this fact escapes their notice [...]

8) However, let this one fact not be escaping YOUR notice, beloved ones, that one day is with Jehovah as a thousand years and a thousand years as one day. 9) Jehovah is not slow respecting his promise, as some people consider slowness, but he is patient with YOU because he does not desire any to be destroyed but desires all to attain to repentance.
Like 12Bass says, critical thinking and the scientific method are probably the best tools we have to avoid it. (bias)

However, this method relies on repeatable, falsifiable hypotheses and theories. Only an extremely small spectrum of time and space can be rendered into these, or at least a good approximation of such.

-RFtinkerer

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.” ― Daniel J. Boorstin
DorXtar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2010, 10:31 PM   #5
clerick
tfw

clerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwards

No problems with amazon here. Ebay on the other hand is a pile of dicks now.
R.I.P Muha, 2010-2021
clerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2010, 10:36 PM   #6
DorXtar
SMILE!

DorXtar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDorXtar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

All you need to look for is the "FREE SUPER SAVER SHIPPING" thing under the "add to shopping cart" thing to know it's from amazon.

3rd party never has free shipping.
2 Peter 3:3) For YOU know this first, that in the last days there will come ridiculers with their ridicule, proceeding according to their own desires 4) and saying: “Where is this promised presence of his? Why, from the day our forefathers fell asleep [in death], all things are continuing exactly as from creation’s beginning.” 5) For, according to their wish, this fact escapes their notice [...]

8) However, let this one fact not be escaping YOUR notice, beloved ones, that one day is with Jehovah as a thousand years and a thousand years as one day. 9) Jehovah is not slow respecting his promise, as some people consider slowness, but he is patient with YOU because he does not desire any to be destroyed but desires all to attain to repentance.
Like 12Bass says, critical thinking and the scientific method are probably the best tools we have to avoid it. (bias)

However, this method relies on repeatable, falsifiable hypotheses and theories. Only an extremely small spectrum of time and space can be rendered into these, or at least a good approximation of such.

-RFtinkerer

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.” ― Daniel J. Boorstin
Old May 5, 2010, 11:05 PM   #7
ViCyniC
Radeon Arctic Islands

ViCyniC is still being judged by the masses

Amazon.com rocks hard
ViCyniC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2010, 11:08 PM   #8
Jamar
Pew Pew Pew

Jamar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJamar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Never had a problem with Amazon. The lowest price guarantee is nice too. I purchased a ton of Blurays in the past month from.
Jamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2010, 11:27 PM   #9
zebra 204
Rage3D Manches Veteran

zebra 204 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorXtar View Post
All you need to look for is the "FREE SUPER SAVER SHIPPING" thing under the "add to shopping cart" thing to know it's from amazon.

3rd party never has free shipping.

Anything under "Featured Merchants" usually have free shipping for anything $25 or over.

To Play List: Everything else
zebra 204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2010, 11:42 PM   #10
KAC
All ur gays r belong 2 me

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Yeah they do. They don't ship video cards or games to UAE. **** them hard!
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2010, 11:45 PM   #11
caveman-jim
Deposed King of Rage3D

caveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badges

I like Amazon.
caveman-jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2010, 12:03 AM   #12
Treeckcold57
Good ol' ATI

Treeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird sings

I like Amazon. My family used to order that website once and we had no problem with it.

AMD Phenom II X2 555 @ stock clock
Xigamtek Knight cooler
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1333 (4x4GB)
Intel 530 240GB SSD
XFX ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
Antec Truepower 750W
NZXT Source 210
Windows 7 x64

AMD FX-8350 @ stock clock
Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD5 R5
G.Skill Sniper 16GB (8x2) DDR3 1866
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro 7 rev. 2
Gigabyte Windforce 7950 3GB Ghz Edition
Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD
EVGA SuperNova 650W
NZXT Source 210 w/ two Noctua F-12 fans
Ubuntu MATE 64-bit
Intel i5 3570K @ stock clock | G.Skill 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3 1866 | Silicon Power 60GB SSD | Win 10 Pro x64 | NZXT Source 210
Treeckcold57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2010, 12:10 AM   #13
shoman24v
Radeon Southern Islands

shoman24v is still being judged by the masses

I never buy from vendors on Amazon.com.
shoman24v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2010, 12:26 AM   #14
Sundance Kid V2
Your daddy!

Sundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Who is the amazon.com ?

Last edited by Sundance Kid V2 : May 6, 2010 at 12:31 AM.
Sundance Kid V2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2010, 12:34 AM   #15
DorXtar
SMILE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoman24v View Post
I never buy from vendors on Amazon.com.
You should. You'd get free stuff. A buyer claimed I never sent a coolermaster case to her in N.Y. Amazon refunded her the entire amount, even shipping at my expense. Sucks because I actually paid more to ship it than Amazon gave me credit for.

By the time I found out, it was too late according to amazon to do anything to reverse their decision.

-RFtinkerer

Old May 6, 2010, 12:41 AM   #16
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

night can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultynight can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Did he just get booted out of his own thread?
Old May 6, 2010, 01:32 AM   #17
DaJMasta
Baffoonist

DaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorXtar View Post
I think you'd have to be some sort of massive computer noob to be confused by the different options you have at amazon.

I see what you did there.....

I like amazon, but not all the other vendors under the amazon umbrella.... if I want to order something from them I will search for it on my own, but if I want to order something from amazon I don't want to have to wade through all sorts of other stores just to find two things that can ship in the same box.
Desktop: Intel Core i7 7770k : 16GB EVGA DDR4 2400 : Gigabyte GTX 1070 Ti Windforce X2 : Gigabyte GA-H270-WIFI : AudioQuest DragonFly DAC : Samsung SM961 NVMe 1TB SSD : Corsair Builder 500W PSU : Samsung 1440p 32" Monitor : Klipsch Promedia 2.1 : Windows 10 Pro x64
Tablet: Microsoft Surface Pro 4 : Intel Core i5-6300U : 8GB DDR3 : Intel 520 Integrated : 256GB SSD : 12.3" 2736x1824 display : Windows 10 Pro x64
HTPC: Intel Core i3 3225 : HD 4000 integrated : 8GB Samsung DDR3 1600 : Gigabyte H77N-Wifi : 120GB Sandisk Extreme SSD : 80W power brick and picoPSU150 XT : Integrated HD Audio : Scepter 32" LCD TV : Logitech Z313 2.1 : Windows 7 Pro x64

DaJMasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2010, 01:50 AM   #18
ScottDoom
It's Okay

ScottDoom can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyScottDoom can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I will admit that Amazon can be confusing if purchasing a large amount of items from various vendors.

However, if you stick to Amazon stuff it's great (and they have a lot of stuff).

My biggest complaint about Amazon is the absolutely horrible shopping experience. It's very hard to simply "window shop" for things except by recommendations because of poor categorizing, very few listing options, etc. Newegg is the model to follow in that regard. But if you know exactly what you want, Amazon gets it fast and gets it cheap.
lighting up the dark.
ScottDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2010, 04:11 AM   #19
FX-Overclocking
Radeon Arctic Islands

FX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete strangerFX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete strangerFX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete stranger

The only thing thats confusing at times is what does and does not count toward the free shipping and having to try to pick items that are elegable for free shipping. Other than that they have the easiest and best checkout of any site around.

Persistence is the first, and the most important, condition for success.

"There is all the difference in the world between treating people equally and attempting to make them equal." - F.A. Hayek
FX-Overclocking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2010, 07:32 AM   #20
compunoob
Computer Bonehead

compunoob knows why the caged bird singscompunoob knows why the caged bird singscompunoob knows why the caged bird singscompunoob knows why the caged bird singscompunoob knows why the caged bird sings

I was trying to buy a few different items. I am used to going to check out and having the ability to go back and continue shopping. I could find no where to do so and had to leave and come back again. There were also items in our cart that my wife had previously purchased that had to be removed again and the page is so busy that I was having a hard time finding the delete item area. I was in a bad mood already so it only made things worse.
Also things are separated on the order page as some things were coming from Amazon and some from other vendors so my shipping was all over the place. I don't know perhaps I was just frustrated like I said and had Zero tolerance and patients.
Old May 6, 2010, 07:46 AM   #21
ViCyniC
Radeon Arctic Islands

ViCyniC is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
I was trying to buy a few different items. I am used to going to check out and having the ability to go back and continue shopping. I could find no where to do so and had to leave and come back again.
There's a link at the bottom of the page that says "Go to the Amazon.com home page (without completing your order)"
ViCyniC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2010, 08:28 AM   #22
compunoob
Computer Bonehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViCyniC View Post
There's a link at the bottom of the page that says "Go to the Amazon.com home page (without completing your order)"
Well that is kind of cryptic. Can't they just have a continue shopping button?
I just find it awkward.
Old May 6, 2010, 09:27 AM   #23
genci88
lololololol

genci88 is still being judged by the masses

Amazon.com is one of the best e-commerce sites out there, if not THE best.

- The hardest thing about getting a Mac is telling your parents that you're gay.

- If I had the choice between being gay and owning a Mac, I would rather be gay, because if I owned a Mac I would be both gay and own a horrible computer.

- Imagine a giant cock flying towards your mouth, and there's nothing you can do about it. And you're like "Oh man, I'm gonna have to suck this thing", and you brace yourself to suck this giant cock. But then, at the last moment, it changes trajectory and hits you in the eye. You think to yourself "Well, at least I got that out of the way", but then the giant cock rears back and stabs your eye again, and again, and again. Eventually, this giant cock is penetrating your gray matter, and you begin to lose control of your motor skills. That's when the giant cock slaps you across the cheek, causing you to fall out of your chair. Unable to move and at your most vulnerable, the giant cock finally lodges itself in your anus, where it rests comfortably for 4, maybe 5 hours. That's what using Mac OSX is like.
genci88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2010, 09:29 AM   #24
vitocorleone
Radeon Arctic Islands

vitocorleone is still being judged by the masses

I like Amazon. I don't usually buy from (except groceries delivered by AmazonFresh) because I have to pay sales tax.

I don't know if it'd have much effect, but have you sent some well-written feedback to Amazon via their feedback method?
Old May 6, 2010, 10:01 AM   #25
Terramage
Radeon Sea Islands

Terramage is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
I swear I went from happy to just flipping pissed in less than 5 mins.
I believe that this suggests a more personal problem...
Old May 6, 2010, 10:08 AM   #26
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

i haven't had any issues with them beside their sometimes "strange" price-tags. Delivery is lightningfast. We're buying tons of stuff there. The only thing i can think of would be a better describtion for some of their stuff. We bought some of the LOTR-Movies and it was a pain in the @ss to get the right one, well the right one which we wanted to be more specific. But other than that i can't complain.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Time is the school in which we learn, Time is the fire in which we burn. *Delmore Schwartz*

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2010, 10:18 AM   #27
curio
𐐒ananaD

curio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Amazon is one of the best things to happen to the intarweb
Old May 6, 2010, 11:17 AM   #28
Quickstrike
Verification Required.

Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I love Amazon.com.

I wish they shipped more stuff to Canada, or expanded Amazon.ca's inventory.

Usually I have to order a bunch of stuff, ship it to a relatives house in the States, and bring it back with me when I travel back to Canada .
Quickstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2010, 08:49 PM   #29
compunoob
Computer Bonehead

LOL I am the bad apple =P
Old May 7, 2010, 03:23 AM   #30
Clavain
Radeon R420

Clavain is still being judged by the masses

Yeah, amazon is easy to use, but there is one thing that annoys me: I can't buy mp3s from any of their sites since I live in the "wrong" country. I'm guessing the problem is not with Amazon though, but rather with the archaic policies of the music industry. So much for globalism...
Clavain is offline   Reply With Quote