Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

View Poll Results: Are you ready to invest in motion control for your PlayStation 3?
Yes 17 23.29%
Maybe 18 24.66%
No 38 52.05%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jul 14, 2010, 07:41 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
nomore
Radeon Arctic Islands

nomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channel

Default Playstation Move - Official Discussion

Are you ready to invest in motion control for your PlayStation 3?

PlayStation 3, Sports Champions, a PlayStation Eye and a DualShock 3 will set you back a cool $399 USD. If you want to buy one of those fancy Navigation Control wands to go with it, $29.99 will get you one.

If you already have a PS3,
The Move, Eye and hours of motion controlled sports delight will set you back $99.99 USD. Both bundles pack in a Blu-ray demo disc's worth of PS3 games alongside the beach volleyball, ping pong and archery fun.

If you already have one of those PlayStation Eyes, say to play Eye of Judgment on, and you want to play any of these games right here*, you can buy the glowing Move controller for fifty bucks American.

Sony Computer Entertainment
  • Beat Sketcher (Fall 2010)
  • SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs (Fall 2010)
  • EyePet (Sept. 2010)
  • Kung Fu Rider (Sept. 2010)
  • Sports Champions (Sept. 2010)
  • Start The Party! (Sept. 2010)
  • echochrome ii (Sept. 2010)
  • Tumble (Sept. 2010)
  • Hustle Kings (Oct. 2010)
  • The Fight: Lights Out (Oct. 2010)
  • The Shoot (Oct. 2010)
  • TV Superstars (Oct. 2010)
  • High Velocity Bowling (Oct. 2010)
  • PAIN (Oct. 2010)
  • Heavy Rain (Oct. 2010)
  • SingStar Dance (Nov. 2010)
  • Little Big Planet 2 (Nov. 2010)
  • Sly Collection (Nov. 2010)
  • Killzone 3 (Feb. 2011)
  • Heroes on the Move (2011)
  • Sorcery (2011)
Everyone Else
  • John Daly's ProStroke Golf (OG International) (Fall 2010)
  • Racquet Sports (Ubisoft) (Fall 2010)
  • The Lord of the Rings: Aragorn's Quest (WB Games Inc.) (Sept. 2010)
  • Brunswick Pro Bowling (Crave) (Sept. 2010)
  • Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition (Capcom) (Sept. 2010)
  • RUSE (Ubisoft) (Sept. 2010)
  • Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2010 (Electronic Arts) (Sept. 2010)
  • Time Crisis: Razing Storm (Bandai Namco) (Sept. 2010)
  • Toy Story 3 (Disney) (Sept. 2010)
  • Kung Fu Live (Virtual Air Guitar Company) (Oct. 2010)
  • NBA 2K 11 (2K Sports) (Oct. 2010)
  • Deadliest Catch: Sea of Chaos (Crave) (Nov. 2010)
  • Disney Tron Evolution the Video Game (Disney) (Nov. 2010)
Quote:
Originally Posted by H001iGAN View Post
no matter how you look at it, it's still better on PC
nomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2010, 07:45 PM   #2
nomore
Radeon Arctic Islands

nomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channel

the only thing that makes me remotely interested in Playstation Move is Heavy Rain & Killzone 3 and maybe SOCOM 4 & Resident Evil 5.
Quote:
Old Jul 14, 2010, 07:48 PM   #3
CyberScott
Radeon R300

CyberScott is still being judged by the masses

I chose "maybe". I'll let others be the beta testers when it comes out before I decide.
CyberScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 14, 2010, 07:51 PM   #4
Raiasokura
Radeon Northern Islands

Raiasokura is still being judged by the masses

I hope it dies a painful death and the plastic melts after five minutes of use. it looks like some kind of strange sex toy for sado stuff, maybe you can burn people with it?

Honestly though what a stupid idea and I hope the market doesn't get spammed with the stupid games to accompany it with, MS's effort is just as bad and at least they tried to be a bit more diverse and divert from making it look like a sex toy, they should have just made a seperate console.
Raiasokura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2010, 07:53 PM   #5
nomore
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiasokura View Post
I hope it dies a painful death and the plastic melts after five minutes of use. it looks like some kind of strange sex toy for sado stuff, maybe you can burn people with it.
I think its success or failure depends on the accuracy & aiming for hardcore & shooter games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiasokura View Post
MS's effort is just as bad and at least they tried to be a bit more diverse and divert from making it look like a sex toy, they should have just made a seperate console.
I didn't like Wii Fit because of the stupid board, but I can actually see myself buying a Kinect for my sister. I think Kinect is going to be great for exercising but besides that I don't see any decent games for it.
Quote:
Old Jul 14, 2010, 07:59 PM   #6
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Say No to Motion Controllers.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2010, 08:10 PM   #7
plan-9
Radeon Northern Islands

plan-9 is still being judged by the masses

The wiimote is proven to work great for 3rd person and FPS. Thing is I own a wii already so I doubt I'll be spending the money on this. Have too many damn controllers and crap already for consoles. And besides I hope Kinect and Move both fail miserably. People shouldnt reward copycats. MS and Sony just play things way too safe and dont innovate at all. Nintendo are the only ones out there doing anything different. We really need Sega to come back and help out!
plan-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2010, 08:15 PM   #8
Raiasokura
Radeon Northern Islands

Raiasokura is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by plan-9 View Post
The wiimote is proven to work great for 3rd person and FPS. Thing is I own a wii already so I doubt I'll be spending the money on this. Have too many damn controllers and crap already for consoles. And besides I hope Kinect and Move both fail miserably. People shouldnt reward copycats. MS and Sony just play things way too safe and dont innovate at all. Nintendo are the only ones out there doing anything different. We really need Sega to come back and help out!
I saw RE4 on it, (Wii) and it looked O.K there was a lot of auto aiming going on though.
Raiasokura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2010, 08:28 PM   #9
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomore View Post
the only thing that makes me remotely interested in Playstation Move is Heavy Rain & Killzone 3 and maybe SOCOM 4 & Resident Evil 5.
for me, that would be heavy rain and perhaps echochrome 2. have you seen the trailer for it? it seems like they are actually building some elements of gameplay around the technology, instead of arbitrarily adding it in like everyone else is likely to do.

honestly, i'm not even convinced heavy rain will do a good job of it, but i'll be getting it again when they re-release it because it's worth keeping in my collection (regretted selling it the first time).

in general though, i don't see this motion control thing being used properly for at least another year or more. also not amused that the dildo and navigation controller have to be bought separately in useless bundles.
spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2010, 08:46 PM   #10
nomore
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoctor View Post
for me, that would be heavy rain and perhaps echochrome 2. have you seen the trailer for it? it seems like they are actually building some elements of gameplay around the technology, instead of arbitrarily adding it in like everyone else is likely to do.

no, I have not seen echochrome 2. and that looked very original and interesting.
you are right probably it is going to take awhile before we see games that take advantage of move properly.
Quote:
Old Jul 15, 2010, 03:20 AM   #11
dfua
Radeon R300

dfua is still being judged by the masses

Just too expensive for me to consider at the moment. Europe doesn't even get the Sports Champions game in our bundle. I'll wait to see how it does, if enough titles make good use of it, and also which parts I need to get for the games I want.
dfua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2010, 04:20 AM   #12
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

wc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultywc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

i dont' think i will be getting it,
CS:S Office Server IP: 66.151.138.37:27015

http://sc2sig.com/s/sea/91428-1.png
wc326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2010, 08:22 AM   #13
Encyclopedia_b
Purveyor of OFN

Encyclopedia_b is still being judged by the masses

i have the eye thing already, more than likely ill dump 50 bones on this just to try it out.

i like anything thats new and pushes the gaming envelope outward.

i think the dildo comments are beyond tired ... get a new stichk
Encyclopedia_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2010, 08:54 AM   #14
Unicron
Radeon Evergreen

Unicron is still being judged by the masses

I'm probably getting it, that Sorcery games looks the most promising so I might wait til that comes out next year.

Of all the 3 motion-sensing technologies, Move looks to be the most useful. Kinect is only for casual, Eye-toy liek games from what I see and I already have a Wii and can't get really get past the SD graphics to enjoy most games.

It looks a bit silly but all the tech demos have sold me on its usefulness. I've never ever liked aiming with a controller and now the PS3 will essentially have a mouse that doesn't need a flat surface (and more).

Might get it for Move edition of RE5 (which I haven't played yet).
Unicron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2010, 11:39 AM   #15
Ristogod
Semper Vigilare

Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Yes. I've already pre-ordered the sports package, 2 navigation controllers and extra move controller.

Why? Because I want to involve my family more with playing games with me and they find this interesting.

I could have gotten a Wii before this, but I don't like having multiple consoles. I don't like SD graphics. And I don't like the accuracy issues when using a Wii controller.

The move solves most of my issues with motion controllers and the console it's used on.

I'm a firm believer in the right tool for the job. This means keyboard and mouse for First Person Shooters, Wheel controllers for racing games, Fighting sticks for fighting games, Guitars, drums, mics and keyboards for music games, console controllers for platformers, sidescrollers, third person games.

There are games that also lend themselves well to being best controlled by a motion controller. Sports titles have never interested me that much. But I'm looking forward to games like Tiger Woods, MLB, and other sports titles using these controllers. I'm looking forward to playing some social games with my family.

What I won't do is use these controllers as replacements for better suited controllers in games where I feel the standard controller should be the norm.

I can see why people wouldn't want to use game type specific controllers though. It's expensive. Here is money I have in controller hardware right now for my PS3:

1) 4 standard controllers ~ $160
2) 1 Guitar ~ $40
3) 1 Logitech G25 and Racing Chassis ~ $700
4) 1 Mad Catz Tournament Edition SF4 Fight Stick ~ $90
5) 2 full sets of Move controllers ~ $220

Total ~ $1210 in game type specific controllers
Old Jul 19, 2010, 12:22 PM   #16
Nerdd
Radeon R700

Nerdd is still being judged by the masses

Maybe. If it's precise (seems like it so far) and if they actually make games i'm interested in that use it, I may do it.

I spend various amounts of money on random crap I don't really need, so why not buy a new controller for PS3.

If by any chance Demon's Souls would support it, I would be 110% in
Nerdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2010, 06:20 PM   #17
DivotMaker
Radeon Caribbean Islands

DivotMaker is still being judged by the masses

Pre-ordered mine today for Tiger Woods 11....
DivotMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2010, 06:59 PM   #18
Encyclopedia_b
Purveyor of OFN

thats alot of coin for controllers ... im glad i dont itemize my purchases, id prolly faint.
Old Aug 18, 2010, 08:46 PM   #19
Ristogod
Semper Vigilare

Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2...ts-kinect.ars/

Basically sums up my sentiments on the two different types of motion controller schemes.
Old Aug 18, 2010, 09:33 PM   #20
nomore
Radeon Arctic Islands

Killzone 3 Move Demo:

Quote:
Old Aug 18, 2010, 09:38 PM   #21
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ristogod View Post
Yes. I've already pre-ordered the sports package, 2 navigation controllers and extra move controller.

Why? Because I want to involve my family more with playing games with me and they find this interesting.

I could have gotten a Wii before this, but I don't like having multiple consoles. I don't like SD graphics. And I don't like the accuracy issues when using a Wii controller.

The move solves most of my issues with motion controllers and the console it's used on.

I'm a firm believer in the right tool for the job. This means keyboard and mouse for First Person Shooters, Wheel controllers for racing games, Fighting sticks for fighting games, Guitars, drums, mics and keyboards for music games, console controllers for platformers, sidescrollers, third person games.

There are games that also lend themselves well to being best controlled by a motion controller. Sports titles have never interested me that much. But I'm looking forward to games like Tiger Woods, MLB, and other sports titles using these controllers. I'm looking forward to playing some social games with my family.

What I won't do is use these controllers as replacements for better suited controllers in games where I feel the standard controller should be the norm.

I can see why people wouldn't want to use game type specific controllers though. It's expensive. Here is money I have in controller hardware right now for my PS3:

1) 4 standard controllers ~ $160
2) 1 Guitar ~ $40
3) 1 Logitech G25 and Racing Chassis ~ $700
4) 1 Mad Catz Tournament Edition SF4 Fight Stick ~ $90
5) 2 full sets of Move controllers ~ $220

Total ~ $1210 in game type specific controllers
The accuracy issues were 'solved' by endless amounts of waggle.......where you shake the controller....to replace button mashes......
Because theres no accuracy involved with waggle, just shake and get tired for no reason.

And of course, the Wii motion+ solved the 1:1 issue.
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6ghz
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
2 x 8GB G-Skill DDR4 2666
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + Asus Dual Radeon RX 6600
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition headset
Sasquach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2010, 09:43 PM   #22
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomore View Post
Killzone 3 Move Demo:

uh oh....i already see problems.

They used waggle to do things....like reload (twist..really??) and pick up a gun.....(pull towards you.....)

Seriously, the only way to play an FPS is to just point and shoot, and throw motion on the second controller to lob grenades (is the sub controller motion activated?). Waggle for melee shots work too, but it sort of disorients your view in the middle of battle. Those better be remappable. Oh noes....quick time waggle events (for random melee shots??).......

The Conduit on the Wii is pretty much the system they should mimic. You do NOT want any more waggle other than those. weapon swap/reload is perfectly fine as a button.

If theres anything to be learned from the wii, is that to NEVER EVER EFFING replace button commads with waggle for the sake of having waggle......What may seem cool in theory wont turn out the same way in reality.....or will just be annoying after the first like 5 times.
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM

Last edited by Sasquach : Aug 18, 2010 at 09:48 PM.
Old Aug 18, 2010, 11:33 PM   #23
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

wc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultywc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

that is why no button on the kinect will mostly not work with current game.

i wonder how do you tell your character to move up down, left, right in a rpg game on kinect.

i think ms might as well just releases a controller to go with kinect

Old Aug 19, 2010, 01:43 AM   #24
0mar
Sturmbannführer

0mar is still being judged by the masses

Motion sensing gaming is a huge gimmick and will be dead outside of extremely niche product in the next 5 years.
"You think yer smart? Think you can outsmart a bullet?"
"Americans will pay big bucks for horny goat weed, but won't pay for an aortic aneurysm to be fixed."
0mar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2010, 06:16 PM   #25
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0mar View Post
Motion sensing gaming is a huge gimmick and will be dead outside of extremely niche product in the next 5 years.
wasnt that said about the wii 4 years ago?
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
Old Aug 19, 2010, 10:40 PM   #26
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquach View Post
wasnt that said about the wii 4 years ago?
yea for some reason wii is selling alot.

But i still have not really get why wii is selling alot even today.

My brother has a wii b4. and it is sold for good.
the system just doesn't appeal to us at all. I really can't think why anyone over 30 ore even 20 will be interested in the wii.

There are system like xbox and ps3. which is so much better in its game.

maybe wii is like what nintendo has been doing all the time.

Marketing the kiddie and girls..

maybe i am wrong.

Old Aug 20, 2010, 09:36 AM   #27
Encyclopedia_b
Purveyor of OFN

yep, ur wrong.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 09:51 AM   #28
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

yea i should be wrong, but i really didn'tlike to game on the wii at all.

Old Aug 20, 2010, 09:53 AM   #29
mrbaggs
Ashes to Ashes

mrbaggs is still being judged by the masses

Wasnt interested before but support being added for it in MAG intrigues me. The price tag at 150ish for a full setup is a bit hard to stomach though.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 10:13 AM   #30
Encyclopedia_b
Purveyor of OFN

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc326 View Post
yea i should be wrong, but i really didn'tlike to game on the wii at all.
it happens, we all have different tastes and expectations. the problem is when we think our individual likes/dislikes are some type of universal maxims.

when i go to chipolte, i get the vegetarian fajita burrito. i certainly think its the best item on the menu, for me; but i dont think that people that get the pork, chicken or steak are somehow less than i am or that there is something wrong with those items or even worse something is wrong with those people for chosing those items.