Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Nov 27, 2015, 07:29 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Subscriber
Default In response to AMD cutting its prices on GPU's...

Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2015, 08:02 AM   #2
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

I want a fury at those prices tbh, just to mess around with. If you run 4k, Fury CFX sounds like a plan to me.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 08:05 AM   #3
bittermann
I didn't do it

bittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

AMD and Nvidia cutting prices is good for consumers. There is no "ouch" here.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 27, 2015, 08:24 AM   #4
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Exactly, this is what we needed (6 months ago )
Old Nov 27, 2015, 08:26 AM   #5
ShaidarHaran
Radeon Arctic Islands

ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by bittermann View Post
Amen.
ShaidarHaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2015, 09:29 AM   #6
badboy
Merc with a mouth

badboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird sings

keep cutting them! will need a 980ti for Oculus release

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." - Richard Dawkins

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

"I'll happily keep risking it and enjoy my life" - Doozer

Luke: "God will make sure that evil gets punished"
Jason: "Oh yeah, then explain Europe to me?"
- True Blood
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2015, 12:17 PM   #7
Argoon1981
Radeon Northern Islands

Argoon1981 once held a door open for a complete strangerArgoon1981 once held a door open for a complete strangerArgoon1981 once held a door open for a complete strangerArgoon1981 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bittermann View Post
Exactly
Creative SB Audigy 4
W10 64bits

My modeling portfolio
Argoon1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2015, 12:32 PM   #8
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Clownies

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

My 970 will last me till whenever the HMB2 cards appear.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 01:22 PM   #9
{0}Salamander{0}
Radeon Man Returneth

{0}Salamander{0} is still being judged by the masses

I bet none of these price cuts reach the UK.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 01:23 PM   #10
GanjaStar
Jalouise

GanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by {0}Salamander{0} View Post
I bet none of these price cuts reach the UK.
It's best not to even look at the prices they get in states. I start crying every time.
GanjaStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2015, 03:02 PM   #11
SirBaron

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by GanjaStar View Post
It's best not to even look at the prices they get in states. I start crying every time.
Yep that goes for basically everything you can buy.

Bastardos
Old Nov 27, 2015, 03:21 PM   #12
{0}Salamander{0}
Radeon Man Returneth

{0}Salamander{0} is still being judged by the masses

Funny thing was that when I was over in the states 2 years ago, I purposely made a point of looking for a lens for my camera and when I did all the sums, it wasn't actually all that much cheaper. Granted I was only looking at camera shops in New York and not online, but frankly it was something like a £100 difference on a £1500 lens, so in the end I decided to just buy it back in the UK.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 04:34 PM   #13
Cream
Radeon R700

Cream can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCream can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCream can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
keep cutting them! will need a 980ti for Oculus release
Got mine ready. Just desperate for more information and release date for the Oculus rift. Santa is giving me money towards one :-)
Old Nov 27, 2015, 08:21 PM   #14
noko
Radeon Arctic Islands

noko once held a door open for a complete strangernoko once held a door open for a complete strangernoko once held a door open for a complete strangernoko once held a door open for a complete stranger

Good news. Now was Nvidia seeing reduced sells prompting them to reduce the price?
noko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2015, 04:16 AM   #15
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

LordHawkwind once held a door open for a complete strangerLordHawkwind once held a door open for a complete strangerLordHawkwind once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
Yep that goes for basically everything you can buy.

Bastardos
Agree totally but my daughter was on holiday in Boston recently so I asked her to pick me up a new Asus Zenwatch 2 which cost me £85. It's just launched in UK for £150 so there are bargains to be had. Also dont forget you have to factor in the exchange rate and add 20% Vat to the US price plus the retailer's profit. Hey presto much higher prices.
Ryzen 7 3800X, ASUS Prime X470 Pro, KFA2 RTX 3090 SG, 16GB Crucial DDR4 LPX 3000 Ram, iiyama G-Master GB3466WQSU 3440x1440 freesync 144hz, 250gb Samsung SSD, 750mb Seagate SSHD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda H/D, 1 TB Samsung H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
LordHawkwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2015, 10:49 AM   #16
SirBaron

Even with 20% VAT and exchange rate they still charge more.

Anyway, here nothing has changed price wise.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 05:23 AM   #17
The PyroPath
Qualified Thread Killer

The PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird sings

I hate rebates since they almost always only apply to the USA.
Old Dec 12, 2015, 09:22 PM   #18
Spyhawk
Radeon Evergreen

Spyhawk is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by The PyroPath View Post
I hate rebates since they almost always only apply to the USA.
Tell me about it. Bought a MSI 980ti Gaming 6 G for 900$C today.
Spyhawk is offline   Reply With Quote