Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Nov 19, 2021, 03:37 PM   #1111
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
JZL
Starship Trooper

JZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwards

@Subcog: Sorry to hear it. It looked from the release notes that they had done significant work on VR.

@Lazy8s: I'd be more inclined to think they adjusted the aircraft cfg files some way, if it's just the Caravan. I have a Caravan flight from St. Bart to Saba saved so I might give it a go.

I've only been able to nail that landing one of three times; must be losing my touch.
Old Nov 19, 2021, 04:41 PM   #1112
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

andino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwards

Hadn't played in a while. Went to fire it up. 104GiB update...

andino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2021, 05:03 PM   #1113
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZL View Post
@Subcog: Sorry to hear it. It looked from the release notes that they had done significant work on VR.

@Lazy8s: I'd be more inclined to think they adjusted the aircraft cfg files some way, if it's just the Caravan. I have a Caravan flight from St. Bart to Saba saved so I might give it a go.

I've only been able to nail that landing one of three times; must be losing my touch.
Saba > my dream/my nightmare If you give it a shot post how the Caravan feels to you if you don’t mind. I couldn’t hold altitude +/- ~150’ for anything last attempt. Landing configurations were scary lol.
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 19, 2021, 05:30 PM   #1114
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled with

Yes Yes Yes, the new COD! Huge updates!
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2021, 06:13 PM   #1115
JZL
Starship Trooper

JZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwards

Eeesh, the update reset all my realism settings, maybe so all the new(?) point-of-interest labels would be displayed and made known. My bindings for opening the ATC window and Pause, which are the (iirc) default ~ and P, respectively, did not work, even though the bindings appear correct in settings.

The Caravan flew OK to me. It wanted to nose down some but I trimmed it out at 152 KIAS at ~ 1300 feet, with only a little fugoid. I'm not super familiar with this aircraft and I may've had too much power for a little 25nm cruise.

I missed again, just nudging past the runway into the rocks below. And then I just sat there. The crash detection wasn't working.
Old Nov 19, 2021, 07:08 PM   #1116
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Eeesh, the update reset all my realism settings, maybe so all the new(?) point-of-interest labels would be displayed and made known. My bindings for opening the ATC window and Pause, which are the (iirc) default ~ and P, respectively, did not work, even though the bindings appear correct in settings.

The Caravan flew OK to me. It wanted to nose down some but I trimmed it out at 152 KIAS at ~ 1300 feet, with only a little fugoid. I'm not super familiar with this aircraft and I may've had too much power for a little 25nm cruise.

I missed again, just nudging past the runway into the rocks below. And then I just sat there. The crash detection wasn't working.
Thanks for the update. I played the porpoise game a bit more with it at Logan (KBOS) and found another weird bug with ATC clearances - the AI doesn’t seem to notice I’m in the airspace until I do a touch n go or missed approach, whereas KOWD actually dinged me for landing without a clearance, but never acknowledged my presence in their airspace regardless of flying the pattern a couple of times, so it’s really hit or miss.

I think I just suck at flying the Caravan, but so far the other bugs I’ve run into are pretty minimal, but there’s still a lot to check out.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 09:41 PM   #1117
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete stranger

I'm stuck on update download loop and cannot update the game ROFLMAO, you can laugh at all the mess from the entire AAA game industry that happened in the last half decade, but this take the crown IMO, because a company renowned for making OS cannot handle the file management properly on their flagship game.

Even when the downloader worked, it still works like something that was released in windows 95 era
Old Nov 21, 2021, 01:27 AM   #1118
xCLAVEx
FYI FTP BGI BOYB

xCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird sings

Well, I can "fly" the F-18, but I can't engage the afterburner. Binding a key or gamepad button to engage the afterburner doesn't work. I don't know wtf...

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

"A man moaning in a pr0n sounds like a cow with a kidney stone."

"It's often not your fault if you have problems, but it is your responsibility to do something about them".
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2021, 02:16 AM   #1119
Thr0tt
Radeon Arctic Islands

Thr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCLAVEx View Post
Well, I can "fly" the F-18, but I can't engage the afterburner. Binding a key or gamepad button to engage the afterburner doesn't work. I don't know wtf...
Sonic boom is a nice touch.
Old Nov 21, 2021, 05:01 AM   #1120
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Confirmed the trim is broken on the Caravan last night. I just don’t know if it’s my gear or the game, but I’m leaning towards the game.

I did a 27 minute flight from KOWD to KBDL, ~155 KIAS @ 5500 with real world weather disabled to take any atmospheric conditions out of the equation. @75-80% throttle I could barely maintain altitude - talking +/- 500’.

The OSD confirms my trim button is working, but any % I would set it to, it would reset itself to 0% even though the setting would do what it ought to, climb or descend. It just refused to trim out to level.

This sucks. I like the Caravan, but I’m going back to my little puddle hopper for practicing approaches until they fix this. It seems to be a common problem.
Old Nov 21, 2021, 08:04 PM   #1121
JZL
Starship Trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
Confirmed the trim is broken on the Caravan last night. I just don’t know if it’s my gear or the game, but I’m leaning towards the game.

I did a 27 minute flight from KOWD to KBDL, ~155 KIAS @ 5500 with real world weather disabled to take any atmospheric conditions out of the equation. @75-80% throttle I could barely maintain altitude - talking +/- 500’.

The OSD confirms my trim button is working, but any % I would set it to, it would reset itself to 0% even though the setting would do what it ought to, climb or descend. It just refused to trim out to level.

This sucks. I like the Caravan, but I’m going back to my little puddle hopper for practicing approaches until they fix this. It seems to be a common problem.
Look in your realism settings and I think there is one for autotrim, make sure it's off. The update reset a lot of that stuff. Luckily I fly realistic settings except for gyro drift so it was an easy fix for me.

The other thing I've experienced with haywire trimming is that I've somehow engaged the A/P before take off.

It's probably neither of those things if it's aircraft-specific. Fuel-loading, maybe?
Old Nov 22, 2021, 04:54 AM   #1122
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete stranger

youtube recommendation showed me this, mod to replace bing maps with google maps!

Old Nov 22, 2021, 06:48 AM   #1123
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Look in your realism settings and I think there is one for autotrim, make sure it's off. The update reset a lot of that stuff. Luckily I fly realistic settings except for gyro drift so it was an easy fix for me.

The other thing I've experienced with haywire trimming is that I've somehow engaged the A/P before take off.

It's probably neither of those things if it's aircraft-specific. Fuel-loading, maybe?
It was the autotrim! It never occurred to me to look for what’s set to make things “easy”, so I’ve missed a whole bunch of tweaks.

Thanks man, you just saved me a whole bunch of frustration
Old Nov 22, 2021, 10:05 AM   #1124
xCLAVEx
FYI FTP BGI BOYB

xCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by andino View Post
Hadn't played in a while. Went to fire it up. 104GiB update...

This is a common complaint. People who are more casual (like you and I) go to fire it up every now and then to do a little flying...then are greeted with a 50+ GB "patch" which naturally downloads much slower than it should because of the in game BS.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

"It's often not your fault if you have problems, but it is your responsibility to do something about them".
Old Nov 22, 2021, 10:08 AM   #1125
xCLAVEx
FYI FTP BGI BOYB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleonic View Post
I'm stuck on update download loop and cannot update the game ROFLMAO, you can laugh at all the mess from the entire AAA game industry that happened in the last half decade, but this take the crown IMO, because a company renowned for making OS cannot handle the file management properly on their flagship game.

Even when the downloader worked, it still works like something that was released in windows 95 era
This isn't new. Microsoft has done this before on games using the MS downloader. I had it happen back when I was trying to install Forza 3 from the MS store...was taking forever then I realized it had downloaded the same 90 GB game about 3 times because it was stuck in a loop.

I was pissed and ended up going over my monthly bandwidth limit for the first time ever with NO indication it was ****ing up.

~George Carlin

Old Nov 22, 2021, 09:35 PM   #1126
JZL
Starship Trooper

Quote:
It was the autotrim! It never occurred to me to look for what’s set to make things “easy”, so I’ve missed a whole bunch of tweaks.

Thanks man, you just saved me a whole bunch of frustration
Groovy! Now on to Saba!
Old Nov 23, 2021, 02:31 PM   #1127
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Groovy! Now on to Saba!
Got to get my plane out of Boston Harbor first
Old Nov 23, 2021, 03:11 PM   #1128
JZL
Starship Trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleonic View Post
youtube recommendation showed me this, mod to replace bing maps with google maps!

At least where I live, google maps hasn't been updated in at least five years, probably eight.

Bing maps actually shows our white pick-up in our driveway, sometime between March and July of 2020. We sold it in August.
Old Dec 15, 2021, 02:27 PM   #1129
JZL
Starship Trooper

IFR Diary, by Joe Campbell . . .
"This is an account of how I earned my instrument rating by flying
52 hours in 18 days spread over three weeks in 1993."
I'd forgotten about this, but if anyone is looking for something to do in flightsim, you can do most of these flights. It's a little dated (pre-GPS) but would probably still be fun/useful. It's an interesting read, too. iirc, most of the flights are in and around central Cal.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 12:29 PM   #1130
JZL
Starship Trooper

Quote:

Right now I have the same Saitek yoke and throttle quadrant in your image, and am using Saitek rudder pedals, with trim, flaps and view all easily accessible .
Now I'm debating a yoke; probably the newer CH Eclipse like above, or a Saitek. Which one do you have?
Old Dec 16, 2021, 12:34 PM   #1131
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Now I'm debating a yoke; probably the newer CH Eclipse like above, or a Saitek. Which one do you have?
CH Eclipse is the simplest and cheapest option, if you get the one with the rudders and throttle built in. If you just want to have all the controls built into a single unit and be done, go for that.

btw, I also bought a used thrustmaster hotus + pedals set off of craigslist. So I mainly use the Eclipse + pedals, although I have the option to pull out the hotus as well.

Ryzen 5 5600x - radeon 6700xt - 32 gigs memory

Nintendo: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega: Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
Sony: PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
Microsoft: og xbox, xbox360, xbone, series 3
Atari: Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo: Neo Geo Pocket Color
Other: Colecovision, Intellivision, Vectrex

riva tnt
tnt2
geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon 8500
radeon 9600
radeon 9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2021, 12:43 PM   #1132
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
I bought this kit:

https://www.mypilotstore.com/mypilotstore/sep/13358

It’s sturdy enough, but there are minor issues that I haven’t 100% solved yet.

The pedals: For controlling rudder, perfect. Steering on the ground seems to be fine with certain aircraft, inop. With others. I have everything mirrored for nosewheel steering between aircraft in the controls, so I’m not sure what the issue is there.

Throttle quadrant: No issues whether fixed pitch/gear or complex.

Yoke: I can’t compare to any others, but even trimmed and configured/auto weather off there’s still a touch of drift. Easily correctable, but annoying at times. Response under normal input or unusual attitudes feels a touch slow, but pretty accurate. The kits spring load feels a bit off when making larger corrections around the lateral axis.

Over all I would say plenty useful, but needs some improvement.

Hope that helps.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 01:14 PM   #1133
JZL
Starship Trooper

Thanks for the responses. I've had the basic USB CH Products stick and rudder pedals for over 15 years. I'd hope the pedals are compatible with the Eclipse yoke. I might just stick with what I have. I haven't flown irl since we moved almost two years ago. A nice yoke is definitely cheaper than real flying.

I have $350 in xmas money burning a whole in my pocket. Maybe I should go to the casino and see if I can parlay that into enough to get a 3060 or something to replace the ole 1070 SC. [j/k] Or maybe a new monitor, chair, and/or putter.

Decisions, decisions.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 01:39 PM   #1134
A2597
A Peculiar Person

A2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird sings

the "Nice" end is Honeycomb, but they are a tad pricier.
https://flyhoneycomb.com/collections...t-sim-hardware

Right now all flight sim peripherals are overpriced. FS2020, DCS, and shortages haven't helped.

The Logitech stuff isn't bad, and honestly I like their yoke better than the CH one. (However I LOVE my CH Pedals and Fighterstick)

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.
1 Peter 2:9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
:heart: I took a few weeks off, but Rage is like a home away from home.
A2597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2021, 05:01 PM   #1135
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
I'd hope the pedals are compatible with the Eclipse yoke. I might just stick with what I have.
My pedals are a totally separate usb device, so FS recognizes them independently from the yoke or hotus. I've been assuming that all flight pedals work that way.

Ryzen 5 5600x - radeon 6700xt - 32 gigs memory

Nintendo: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega: Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
Sony: PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
Microsoft: og xbox, xbox360, xbone, series 3
Atari: Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo: Neo Geo Pocket Color
Other: Colecovision, Intellivision, Vectrex

riva tnt
tnt2
geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon 8500
radeon 9600
radeon 9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2022, 01:00 PM   #1136
JZL
Starship Trooper

I found "the matrix" in FS 2020 at the locks of the Panama Canal. FS doesn't like water elevation changes. I flew low and slow right at the locks and eventually the elevation change gets "pushed" back and then it looks like a waterfall, and then it tears. I tried to fly into the tear but the airplane crashes when you get to it.

Old Jan 17, 2022, 06:45 AM   #1137
Thr0tt
Radeon Arctic Islands

Thr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

http://web.thrustmaster.com/cn/aplfq...tmaster_i-Land

Free island created by Thrustmaster, they use to test their stuff and released to the public to play around.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 02:22 PM   #1138
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

FFs man i really want to play this but god damn it the size of it takes a whole day to just update.. Thanks for the island but ffs another 12Gb that's a 2 1/2 hr dl

Sittal on BF2142 "wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."

Logical "u dont have to lie to us that u got fired again we dont judge here that your 🌯 weren't up to snuff."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2022, 06:40 PM   #1139
xCLAVEx
FYI FTP BGI BOYB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evileh View Post
FFs man i really want to play this but god damn it the size of it takes a whole day to just update.. Thanks for the island but ffs another 12Gb that's a 2 1/2 hr dl
It's not so much the size, it's that the updater is in the damn game. Because of this, it is a VERY slow download and update process and it doesn't matter if you're on a GIG connection running an I9 with 400gigs of DDR5 and an NVME drive it downloads and updates dog slow.

~George Carlin