Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Jan 3, 2022, 09:04 AM   #541
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post

Hoping that in time that will fade though and I'll be able to appreciate the more casual games again.
I’ve been waiting for it to fade for 6 years now

Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2022, 09:25 AM   #542
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
I’ve been waiting for it to fade for 6 years now

Well I do enjoy some casual (not difficult) 3rd person action games now and then. Some off the top of my head:

Death Stranding
Mad Max
Batman Arkham games
Control
The Evil Within 1 & 2
Tomb Raider games

So not all games I play need to have a hardcore challenge about them. I was figuring HZD could be lumped in to those kinds of games. But there's just really nothing about HZD that keeps me coming back to it. Totally forgettable IMO.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2022, 09:56 AM   #543
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
Well I do enjoy some casual (not difficult) 3rd person action games now and then. Some off the top of my head:

Death Stranding
Mad Max
Batman Arkham games
Control
The Evil Within 1 & 2
Tomb Raider games

So not all games I play need to have a hardcore challenge about them. I was figuring HZD could be lumped in to those kinds of games. But there's just really nothing about HZD that keeps me coming back to it. Totally forgettable IMO.
My list is pretty short, but to be completely honest I don’t check out a lot of what’s released. I’m sure there are more I would enjoy if I put a little effort into the search.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 3, 2022, 09:58 AM   #544
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
My list is pretty short, but to be completely honest I don’t check out a lot of what’s released. I’m sure there are more I would enjoy if I put a little effort into the search.
Yeah for sure. I think we might have similar tastes in games, so if I like something you should check it out too!
Old Jan 3, 2022, 12:01 PM   #545
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

You might like god of war when it gets released. Rich story if you want it and much much tighter controls for a 3rd person action game. Obviously dont go in and expect souls or nioh levels of control, but finely tuned mechanics and draw dropping visuals is what you can expect. Its semi open world so the game is more detailed and pushes you around as needed.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2022, 12:08 PM   #546
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

I didn't love the old GoW games on PS2/PS3 but they were OK.

I'll check the new one when it releases for PC, thanks for the suggestion!
Old Jan 3, 2022, 01:15 PM   #547
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled with

After playing and finishing Halo Infinite I’m finding this game pretty rope a dope as well. Have it for the ps4 but still dont like playing these type of games with a controller. Using mouse and keyboard makes this game enjoyable on PC. Think I am about 14 hours in now. This game is 60 hours? Wtf. I got a long ways to go.

Last edited by Nascar24 : Jan 3, 2022 at 01:21 PM.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2022, 01:17 PM   #548
Mangler
PC

Mangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

You can finish it in 30-something hours if you just stick to the main quest, and 20-something hours if you don't own the dlc/complete edition.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2022, 01:20 PM   #549
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
After playing and finishing Halo Infinite I’m finding this game pretty rope a dope as well. Have it for the ps4 but still dont like playing these type of games with a controller. Using mouse and keyboard makes this game enjoyable. Think I am about 1; hours in now. This game is 60 hours? Wtf. I got a long ways to go.
Yeah I tried controller at first but quickly switched to mouse and keyboard. It controls really well with m&kb and aiming is soooo much better.

As for game length, 60 hours looks to be if you're going for 100% completion. Main story alone is more likely to be around 20 hours, which is a good length.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 05:24 PM   #550
Drexion
Radeon Sea Islands

Drexion once held a door open for a complete strangerDrexion once held a door open for a complete strangerDrexion once held a door open for a complete stranger

Before I played this game I read advice suggesting to play with a kb/mouse in stead of a controller, as aiming accuracy can be really damn important at times. And the advice was right, though I've heard it isn't too bad with a controller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
if you don't own the dlc/complete edition.
I think those always came with the PC edition of the game.
[Proc: Intel Core i7 [email protected]][GPU: MSI RTX3060Ti 8GB][Mem: 64GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 2666-DDR4][Mobo: Asus X99-A][HD: Samsung 1TB SSD 870 EVO][PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850W G2][Audio: Yamaha RX-V673 7.2/JBL 7.2 Surround]
Drexion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2022, 08:48 PM   #551
eNforcer
Radeon Southern Islands

eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexion View Post
Before I played this game I read advice suggesting to play with a kb/mouse in stead of a controller, as aiming accuracy can be really damn important at times. And the advice was right, though I've heard it isn't too bad with a controller.

Agreed. Was looking forward to a game to sit back with a controller with but found it pretty difficult to hit the weak points and switched to KB/M
eNforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2022, 12:02 PM   #552
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled with

Sort of sucks with the new one coming out I probably should wait 3 years for Sony to bring it to pc.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 07:41 PM   #553
zizbuka
Judgemental Old Guy

zizbuka can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyzizbuka can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I'm getting frustrated. Love the game, but I can't override a Strider to save my life. I sneak up, it says to hold E to override, she says "here we go" then the Strider dies.

Any suggestions?
zizbuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2022, 08:43 PM   #554
KAC
All ur gays r belong 2 me

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by zizbuka View Post
I'm getting frustrated. Love the game, but I can't override a Strider to save my life. I sneak up, it says to hold E to override, she says "here we go" then the Strider dies.

Any suggestions?
Sneak up to the strider and then keep holding E. Never had a problem.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2022, 10:46 PM   #555
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Yep that’s it, hold E and you then have your strider as your bitch!
Old Jan 5, 2022, 11:20 PM   #556
KAC

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Are you sure your E press is not leading her to smacking the shite out of the little thing?
Old Jan 6, 2022, 03:39 AM   #557
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

sounds like you're ambushing it instead of overriding. Also never had that problem

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Time is the school in which we learn, Time is the fire in which we burn. *Delmore Schwartz*

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2022, 12:09 PM   #558
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badges

the button for stealth kill and overide are the same or something right? I do remember there being one small button context problem with the stealth kills.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 06:56 PM   #559
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Not on pc, can’t speak for console as I haven’t played that version in a good while.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 07:44 PM   #560
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Iirc an over ride device is needed, doesn’t matter which platform it’s played on. It’s been a long time, but I think a certain mission had to be completed to get it, but there’s no override without it.

That sound right or am I confusing this with another game?
Old Jan 8, 2022, 10:50 AM   #561
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Sneak up to the strider and then keep holding E. Never had a problem.
Same here.

For me when sneaking up to a strider I only have two option prompts, override or silent strike.
Old Jan 8, 2022, 03:30 PM   #562
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Just finished the main game, appears to be well below what I should have been, started final battle at 29, ended up at 30 during it and just barely survived. Suggested level is 34 for it. I guess it's onto the Frozen Wild boners! Anyone know if the PS5 version of the New Horizen will allow keyboard and mouse? If not, I'm going to skip it as this game is a total mouse and keyboard game.
Old Jan 8, 2022, 05:06 PM   #563
Mangler
PC

Mangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
Just finished the main game, appears to be well below what I should have been, started final battle at 29, ended up at 30 during it and just barely survived. Suggested level is 34 for it. I guess it's onto the Frozen Wild boners! Anyone know if the PS5 version of the New Horizen will allow keyboard and mouse? If not, I'm going to skip it as this game is a total mouse and keyboard game.
I don't think so, but I would not be surprised if it had gyro aiming.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2022, 10:10 PM   #564
KAC

I only played on my PS4 and never had an issue with the controller.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 09:08 AM   #565
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
I only played on my PS4 and never had an issue with the controller.
Controller works fine for this game.

Point is m&k/b is so much better. Pretty much any game where you have to aim and shoot something using a reticule it will be better than controller.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 11:01 AM   #566
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Works fine for running around while precision aims sucks balls. Much more enjoyable with keyboard and mouse.
Old Jan 23, 2022, 10:19 PM   #567
zizbuka
Judgemental Old Guy

zizbuka can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyzizbuka can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Finished the game. What a great game, one I was kinda sad to see end. Loved just running around, killing things, scavenging, etc.

The mounts could've been more responsive, but I didn't use them much.

Now back to finish Witcher 3.
zizbuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2022, 08:48 PM   #568
KAC

Expansion is also worth playing. Can’t wait for Feb 18 for sequel.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 05:10 AM   #569
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Horizon Zero Dawn PC Update 1.11.2 Release Notes

Improved VRAM management when changing resolution or upscale mode, which could cause performance issues that were only fixed by restarting the game
Fixed various assets using the wrong quality level while using DLSS/FSR
Fixed visual artifact issue when clipping the camera through a surface like pushing against a wall (ie with large FOVs or ultrawide screens) while using DLSS/FSR
Fixed visual corruption and reduced foliage flickering issues on certain AMD GPUs
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2022, 09:03 PM   #570
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

Leprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLeprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLeprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Expansion is also worth playing. Can’t wait for Feb 18 for sequel.
When's the PC version coming?