Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Aug 7, 2020, 03:03 PM   #181
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
, simple enough...

What about the points brought up here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7w-pZm7Zay4

That review screams "wait for more performance optimization patches."

I cannot stand frame time stutters and this game seems to have them bad.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2020, 03:21 PM   #182
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Can you tell me if you've seen the issues on the vid I just posted?
I watched the video, but honestly I can't say if I'm experiencing any of these issues. The game looks gorgeous and, IMO, better than the PS4 version I also own. It doesn't stutter at 4K and nothing looks blurry to me. It's also stable (no crashes so far). That's really all I care about.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2020, 03:26 PM   #183
Mangler
PC

Mangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Hmm, a 1080 ti seems to be able to run the game at 60-ish FPS maxed out at 1440p in the starting area.

And 45-50-ish at 3840x1600, but that was with the prefer high quality preset with some setting at ultra.

But I'm using the default FOV, I wonder if those with performance issues are running it at 90+?
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 7, 2020, 04:15 PM   #184
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Played it a bit more, and while it's a beautiful game, it's not up to par with RDR2 graphics. One weak area is water, which really doesn't react to your legs when you're in it. Some splash particles, but nothing like RDR2. Also no footprints in mud or snow, which RDR2 does really well.
Old Aug 7, 2020, 04:20 PM   #185
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

SD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
Played it a bit more, and while it's a beautiful game, it's not up to par with RDR2 graphics. One weak area is water, which really doesn't react to your legs when you're in it. Some splash particles, but nothing like RDR2. Also no footprints in mud or snow, which RDR2 does really well.
HZD is almost 2 years older. So this is expected. Not to diminish from RDR2 which is truly amazing in so many ways.
SD-[Inc] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2020, 04:23 PM   #186
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
I watched the video, but honestly I can't say if I'm experiencing any of these issues. The game looks gorgeous and, IMO, better than the PS4 version I also own. It doesn't stutter at 4K and nothing looks blurry to me. It's also stable (no crashes so far). That's really all I care about.
Thanks bud.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2020, 04:29 PM   #187
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD-[Inc] View Post
HZD is almost 2 years older. So this is expected. Not to diminish from RDR2 which is truly amazing in so many ways.
True. Though I've seen complex water interactions in other games besides RDR2. While it's cool, it's not a requirement. Plus it's a GPU/physics resource hog.
Old Aug 7, 2020, 04:30 PM   #188
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Mine is similar. 54 fps at 4K with Ultra setting, minus blur.
I can live with 54fps at 4k. Is that with 100% resolution scaling?
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2020, 04:50 PM   #189
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
I can live with 54fps at 4k. Is that with 100% resolution scaling?
Yes. Everything at Ultra except blur, which is turned off. I also don't see any difference between High and Ultra texture resolution, so you can gain a few fps by turning that down a notch without sacrificing visual quality.
Old Aug 7, 2020, 05:01 PM   #190
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Haha yes. My new internets is awesome. Took 22 mins to download, 28 mins to unpack, 8 mins to load shaders and then I was in. Plays wonderfully at 4K on my 55 inch screen with a Xbox controller.

Picked it up on greenmangaming - they had a 16% coupon code which i used - $41 bucks.

Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2020, 05:20 PM   #191
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Installing.....

yoz
Old Aug 7, 2020, 05:30 PM   #192
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Quote:
Installing.....
Sucker
Old Aug 7, 2020, 05:54 PM   #193
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Subscriber

57fps average in the benchmark at 4k max settings with HDR on
Old Aug 7, 2020, 06:49 PM   #194
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Sucker
I blame peer pressure.

yoz
Old Aug 7, 2020, 06:50 PM   #195
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
I blame beer pressure.
fixed that for you

it is TGIF
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2020, 07:04 PM   #196
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
fixed that for you

it is TGIF
More truthful after your fix.

yoz
Old Aug 7, 2020, 07:07 PM   #197
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

So the game runs smooth as silk for me at max settings with clouds set to high and motion blur off. This is a definite improvement over the PS4 Pro. It looks absolutely stunning at native 4K on my CX OLED in HDR. I may drop down to 1440P so I can play at 120hz refresh with HDR instead of 4K at 60hz with HDR. I did set anisotropic filtering to 16x in the nvidia control panel as it definitely is not working with the in game settings.

Looking at MSI Afterburner after playing the game for a while: It looks like the game is using all 12 cores on my 3900X but is not using the SMT cores, they sat idle the entire time I was playing. System RAM usage was around 11.5GB while playing, after exiting the game it dropped down to 2.5GB. My 2080Ti was pegged at 100% load the entire time, temperature was at 76C - which is higher than it usually is when playing other games (around 68C). I may repaste the GPU this weekend, something I have been meaning to do for a while now.

Played the intro area and hunted some small animals. my god - I KNEW that playing with a mouse and keyboard in this game would be a night and day difference compared to on the PS4 with a controller. This game was meant to be played on a pc, I can precision aim on a rabbit bouncing across the screen and still hit it.

I did not finish this game on my PS4 Pro as I got frustrated with the controller. I think knowing that if I was playing with a mouse and keyboard I would not have been missing the precision shots I was trying to make with the PS4 controller. When they announced this game was coming out on PC - I knew it would be a day one buy for me.

Definitely know what I'm going to be doing all weekend.
Old Aug 7, 2020, 07:49 PM   #198
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

i thought the cx was 4k 120hz with gsync

Sittal on BF2142 "wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."

Logical "u dont have to lie to us that u got fired again we dont judge here that your 🌯 weren't up to snuff."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2020, 07:49 PM   #199
acroig
Troll SMod

Thanks for the feedback.

yoz
Old Aug 7, 2020, 07:53 PM   #200
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

You need hdmi 2.1 video cards for 4k 120hz at 10bit with HDR.
Old Aug 7, 2020, 09:40 PM   #201
KAC
All ur gays r belong 2 me

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Yes I may drop down to 1440P also to get HDR at 120 Hz. However I have no issues playing with a controller.

Also people complaining about graphics need to understand that the game is from 2017 and RDR2 is 2019. Still I would argue that main character model is better than RDR2. Rest every aspect of graphics is better in RDR2 hands down.

Biggest graphics improvement for me is no more artifacts on ground while running around which were courtesy of my Samsung TV.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2020, 01:53 AM   #202
KAC

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Ok this game is absolutely dope on a TV with 1440P 120 Hz and HDR. FPS are mostly hovering around 70-80 with clouds on High. Everything else is maxed out including blur. Just did the proving and now am on my way. I see a lot of gays also playing this one so that’s great.

Btw I just realized how good the Ghost of Tsushima’s system of picking everything up without an animation is. Would love for more games to implement it.
Old Aug 8, 2020, 02:34 AM   #203
Arioch
Radeon Northern Islands

Arioch once held a door open for a complete strangerArioch once held a door open for a complete strangerArioch once held a door open for a complete stranger

Went in with the purposes of playing this game for an hour or so today and ended up playing it for over 8 instead.

Game is not as buggy as some of the reports state, or I am just lucky. I had one instance where it was raining real hard in the game when I was near the first bandit town, and the frame rates tanked to the upper 30s, lower 40s. This went away after a short time though.

Playing at [email protected] with G-sync plus frame rate capped to 58 in the control panel. I did follow the advice of Digital Foundry and forced 16x AF in the control panel and set it to low in the game. I also disabled v-sync in the game as well. This is on a 2080Ti with I9900k system by the way.

Oh, think I spent more time with HDR tweaking than any other settings.

The game looks great in HDR on my OLED.
Arioch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2020, 02:41 AM   #204
KAC

Yup I didn’t have any of the stuttering the gays on DF were talking about. Also it optimized only once and since then has been butter smooth. Also don’t have the resolution reverting problem. I really think they got a bad game copy and since then it seems to have been updated to work as advertised.
Old Aug 8, 2020, 04:30 AM   #205
Mangler
PC

Mangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arioch View Post
Went in with the purposes of playing this game for an hour or so today and ended up playing it for over 8 instead.

Game is not as buggy as some of the reports state, or I am just lucky. I had one instance where it was raining real hard in the game when I was near the first bandit town, and the frame rates tanked to the upper 30s, lower 40s. This went away after a short time though.

Playing at [email protected] with G-sync plus frame rate capped to 58 in the control panel. I did follow the advice of Digital Foundry and forced 16x AF in the control panel and set it to low in the game. I also disabled v-sync in the game as well. This is on a 2080Ti with I9900k system by the way.

Oh, think I spent more time with HDR tweaking than any other settings.

The game looks great in HDR on my OLED.
People are saying that forcing af from the control panel is causing some effects to render incorrectly.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2020, 08:07 AM   #206
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

This game is crack. I stayed up until 3am playing it. So freakin' good.
Old Aug 8, 2020, 08:07 AM   #207
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
57fps average in the benchmark at 4k max settings with HDR on
Benchmark is not representative at all of in game performance. I wish I could tell you my score (100 FPS+) but it crashes at the end every time.

yoz
Old Aug 8, 2020, 08:08 AM   #208
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Yup I didn’t have any of the stuttering the gays on DF were talking about.
I do see stuttering even though the FPS stay at 90-100 mostly maxed.

yoz
Old Aug 8, 2020, 10:00 AM   #209
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

BTW - I noticed if I have vsync disabled in the nvidia control panel - I get stuttering in the game, much like what has been described in the forums and on reddit. With it enabled (Should be enabled with a G-Sync monitor) - I get no stuttering at all. Its pretty much locked at 60fps with textures at medium and clouds set to high.

Old Aug 8, 2020, 10:16 AM   #210
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Clownies

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

the Benchmark is certainly not the best indicator for game performance, they chose a Not bad running area, when the first map you're in is much worse performance wise.

They probably did it to say "see game runs good"

I got 99% 41 on my GPU but I've seen it in game at 31fps at times due to how much was going on in the scene.

I think this is one game that is going to push me to getting another 16GB of ram in my system when I grab a GPU later in the year.

My page file grows by about 10GB when this game is running

Last edited by SirBaron : Aug 8, 2020 at 10:22 AM.
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote