Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Jul 10, 2020, 12:35 PM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

The Far Cry gameplay formula is old and tired. I skipped Far Cry 5 and whatever its sequel was, and I'll likely skip this one too unless they really change things up for the better.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2020, 02:25 PM   #32
UFO
Who's your buddy?

UFO is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
Is this just another Far Cry 4 with a reskinned story? pff....

Aren't they all kind of the same story since Far Cry 3?

So Yala, what country is that based on? Far Cry 4 was loosely based on Buthan but what country has frozen in time in south or central America?
Old Jul 10, 2020, 03:44 PM   #33
Thr0tt
Radeon Arctic Islands

Thr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

No trigens no deal !
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 10, 2020, 04:36 PM   #34
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thr0tt View Post
No trigens no deal !
lol, wouldnt it be nice to have a Far Cry 2?
Old Jul 10, 2020, 05:03 PM   #35
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

They've all been the same since FC3, arguably FC2. I would say Primal is probably the only major diversion for the franchise because of the setting and basic mechanics, but it's still the Far Cry 3 style.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2020, 06:33 PM   #36
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
They've all been the same since FC3, arguably FC2. I would say Primal is probably the only major diversion for the franchise because of the setting and basic mechanics, but it's still the Far Cry 3 style.
umm... blood dragon? the best game in the series!
Old Jul 10, 2020, 06:45 PM   #37
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
umm... blood dragon? the best game in the series!
yeah BD I guess was a bit different, more of a parody. Great game indeed. Then again I've liked them all pretty much except less so for FC2 and FC4.
Old Jul 10, 2020, 07:42 PM   #38
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

Im the other way around. Far Cry 3 was decent, until the ending, but i found outside far cry, Far Cry 2 and Blood Dragon to be the best ones. I actually liked most of far cry 2. Remove the stupid spawning, and the dumb choice consequences, and the game was awesome. It just wasnt Far Cry.
Old Jul 10, 2020, 09:26 PM   #39
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post

Could that be a young Vass? Prequel to FC3?

Fresh off the rumor mill....

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2020, 10:04 PM   #40
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Fuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Could that be a young Vass? Prequel to FC3?

Fresh off the rumor mill....
Got this somewhere else.

Old Jul 11, 2020, 09:52 AM   #41
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuku2 View Post
Got this somewhere else.

Yeah, that's what I saw. A little flimsy but worth mentioning.

yoz
Old Jul 11, 2020, 10:28 PM   #42
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

Trailer was leaked, but it's CGI and in french. Links are dead sorry.
Old Jul 12, 2020, 04:04 PM   #43
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

They are on IGN.
Intel Core i9 10900K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus XII Apex, GSkill Trident-Z Royal DDR4 3200MHz 32GB CAS11, Asus Strix 3080Ti OC, Creative Labs SXFI Theater, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Hapatingjaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2020, 04:17 PM   #44
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Oh and the games intro cinematic was released. Not as interesting and doesn't tell you much. But it was cool? *shrug*

System:
Asus TUF Gaming X570-Pro - AMD Ryzen 7 5800x - Noctua NH-D15S chromax.Black - 32gb of G.Skill Trident Z NEO - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - XFX MERC 308 Radeon RX 6600XT - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2020, 04:42 PM   #45
twonha
Yods be silent!

twonha can recite pi backwardstwonha can recite pi backwardstwonha can recite pi backwardstwonha can recite pi backwardstwonha can recite pi backwardstwonha can recite pi backwardstwonha can recite pi backwards

I honestly really don't care for these announcement trailers that, at best, show the game's style and atmosphere. Gameplay footage people, gameplay footage!
Old Jul 12, 2020, 07:39 PM   #46
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Fuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Old Jul 12, 2020, 08:04 PM   #47
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

Old Jul 12, 2020, 08:20 PM   #48
Drexion
Radeon Sea Islands

Drexion once held a door open for a complete strangerDrexion once held a door open for a complete strangerDrexion once held a door open for a complete stranger

This screenshot from gematsu gives me Shadow Warrior vibes

[Proc: Intel Core i7 [email protected]][GPU: MSI RTX3060Ti 8GB][Mem: 64GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 2666-DDR4][Mobo: Asus X99-A][HD: Samsung 1TB SSD 870 EVO][PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850W G2][Audio: Yamaha RX-V673 7.2/JBL 7.2 Surround]
Drexion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2020, 09:37 AM   #49
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

I thought I was viewing screenshots from crysis.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2020, 03:13 PM   #50
UFO
Who's your buddy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
So Yala, what country is that based on? Far Cry 4 was loosely based on Buthan but what country has frozen in time in south or central America?

Got the answer, Yala = Cuba.
Old Jul 13, 2020, 03:23 PM   #51
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
Got the answer, Yala = Cuba.
Viva la revolucion!

yoz
Old Jul 13, 2020, 05:37 PM   #52
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Those bullshots are sexy. The setting is kinda like Just Cause meets Far Cry 4.
Old Jul 13, 2020, 06:53 PM   #53
UFO
Who's your buddy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Viva la revolucion!

Yes, what do you think that red smoke symbolizes.
Old Jul 14, 2020, 04:56 AM   #54
KAC
All ur gays r belong 2 me

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Ubullshots always tight. Will wait for real game though.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2020, 09:06 AM   #55
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

Throwing a molotov cocktail at a tank? I wonder how that worked out.

Shots look good and interesting, but yeah...will wait for the real gameplay screens before making any judgements. But it's not like any Far Cry games have been disappointing in the visual. Don't think we need to worry about that side of it.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
EVGA 3080 XC3 Ultra Gaming
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
Corsair 600T Silver Edition
Corsair Nightsword Mouse/Logitech G15 Keyboard
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Logtech G703 Mouse/Logitech G915 Keyboard
OverclockN' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2020, 02:03 AM   #56
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

pc release date?
Vanz_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2020, 06:06 AM   #57
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanz_007 View Post
pc release date?
18th Feb 2021. Same as consoles.
Old May 28, 2021, 03:20 AM   #58
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

This one has pet gators apparently. Proper trailer dropping tomorrow.
Old May 28, 2021, 07:45 AM   #59
KAC

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Seems this did not release in Feb.
Old May 28, 2021, 01:42 PM   #60
KAC

Day 1 buy. Looks like a lot of fun.