Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Dec 27, 2021, 12:54 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwards

Subscriber
Default Smart Watches, stuck.

Going back and forth between the TicWatch Pro 3 Ultra and the Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 Classic.

Anyone used either? Opinions?

System:
Asus TUF Gaming X570-Pro - AMD Ryzen 7 5800x - Noctua NH-D15S chromax.Black - 32gb of G.Skill Trident Z NEO - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - XFX MERC 308 Radeon RX 6600XT - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2021, 12:51 PM   #2
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

LordHawkwind once held a door open for a complete strangerLordHawkwind once held a door open for a complete strangerLordHawkwind once held a door open for a complete stranger

ATI Technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks0 View Post
Going back and forth between the TicWatch Pro 3 Ultra and the Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 Classic.

Anyone used either? Opinions?
Hi Trunks0 I have the Galaxy Watch 4 and it's hands down the best Samsung watch I've owned and I've owned them all There are however, some caveats you need to think about before buying it.

1. It works best and all features are enabled on Samsung phones only. I have a S21 and it works great.
2. Does not work on Apple phones.
3. First Samsung/Google watch to launch with Wear OS so not great compatibility with other non Samsung Android phones.
4. Doesn't support a lot of old Tizen apps which the GW3 did.
5. More apps available on Google play but more don't work than do.
6. On my S21 Gmail only syncs once a day (first thing) where all other email sync all the time.

All in all a superb watch but you have to have the right phone to pair it to and hopefully Wear OS will become more adopted in the future. IMHO Wear OS is not as good as Tizen but hopefully that will change in the future.
Ryzen 7 3800X, ASUS Prime X470 Pro, KFA2 RTX 3090 SG, 16GB Crucial DDR4 LPX 3000 Ram, iiyama G-Master GB3466WQSU 3440x1440 freesync 144hz, 250gb Samsung SSD, 750mb Seagate SSHD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda H/D, 1 TB Samsung H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
LordHawkwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2021, 06:31 PM   #3
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Thanks LordHawkwind!

The Samsung tie in a little hard to swallow to fully use every health feature(at least without some hackery. Which I'm totally ok with). But I currently use an S9+ so I should be fine there for now. And I'm likely going to jump into Samsung phone in the new year. Just waiting to see how the S22 looks in February.

System:
Asus TUF Gaming X570-Pro - AMD Ryzen 7 5800x - Noctua NH-D15S chromax.Black - 32gb of G.Skill Trident Z NEO - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - XFX MERC 308 Radeon RX 6600XT - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 28, 2021, 11:43 AM   #4
0091/2
We Do It!

0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Thanks LordHawkwind!

The Samsung tie in a little hard to swallow to fully use every health feature(at least without some hackery. Which I'm totally ok with). But I currently use an S9+ so I should be fine there for now. And I'm likely going to jump into Samsung phone in the new year. Just waiting to see how the S22 looks in February.
I'm using it with my Surface duo 2. All the features excluding the Samsung health monitor(EKG,Blood pressure) are available to android phones. Someone already made a modified Samsung health monitor app to enable those features to non-samsung phones.

Current Desktop [2016]
Monitor: NEC EA244wmi | CPU: Intel 3570k @4.2ghz | Heatsink: NH-D14 | GPU: Intel HD4000 | Mobo: ASUS P8Z77-v pro | WiFi: Asus PCEAC68 | SSD: Samsung 860Pro 512GB/ 830pro 128GB | HDD: WD Black 8========D~13TB | PSU: Seasonic Plat. 660w
0091/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2021, 07:03 PM   #5
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Subscriber

And went Galaxy Watch 4 Classic in Silver @ 46mm. Can't wait for it to arrive.

The biggest things that pushed me in the end, all the reviews where fairly critical of the TicWatch's software phone side. And having watched Mobvoi reviews over the years for TicWatch Pro's... that part has remained a sticking point. Plus the move to Android Wear 3 has taken... a really long time. Add those together and Samsung having a more premium build and a colour choice for silver... it just won out.

I'll post picks when it arrives

System:
Old Dec 28, 2021, 07:12 PM   #6
0091/2
We Do It!

0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
And went Galaxy Watch 4 Classic in Silver @ 46mm. Can't wait for it to arrive.

The biggest things that pushed me in the end, all the reviews where fairly critical of the TicWatch's software phone side. And having watched Mobvoi reviews over the years for TicWatch Pro's... that part has remained a sticking point. Plus the move to Android Wear 3 has taken... a really long time. Add those together and Samsung having a more premium build and a colour choice for silver... it just won out.

I'll post picks when it arrives
Did you go with the stock band? The band looks weird because it sticks out instead of wrapping around your wrist.

Current Desktop [2016]
Monitor: NEC EA244wmi | CPU: Intel 3570k @4.2ghz | Heatsink: NH-D14 | GPU: Intel HD4000 | Mobo: ASUS P8Z77-v pro | WiFi: Asus PCEAC68 | SSD: Samsung 860Pro 512GB/ 830pro 128GB | HDD: WD Black 8========D~13TB | PSU: Seasonic Plat. 660w
0091/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2021, 07:42 PM   #7
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0091/2 View Post
Did you go with the stock band? The band looks weird because it sticks out instead of wrapping around your wrist.
I went for the Hybrid Leather Band in Navy Blue. But I'll likely swap it once it arrives with something else so the band rests in a nicer fashion.

This guys comparison of the 42mm vs the 46mm showed how the default sports band sticks out. So I purposefully customized that on the order.

Anyone got some watch band recommendations?

System:
Old Dec 29, 2021, 08:38 AM   #8
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I like UAG’s bands. I don’t have a galaxy watch any more, but I use this band for my current watch. It’s tough, comfortable and easy on/off.

https://www.urbanarmorgear.com/produ...r-galaxy-watch
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2022, 10:32 PM   #9
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Subscriber

Damn crappy weather prevented delivery today and tomorrow has a winter storm warning, so I really doubt it will be delivered then either

System:
Old Jan 6, 2022, 06:04 AM   #10
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
I like UAG’s bands. I don’t have a galaxy watch any more, but I use this band for my current watch. It’s tough, comfortable and easy on/off.

https://www.urbanarmorgear.com/produ...r-galaxy-watch
i use something similar, they're great but tend to get dirty (attract and trap moisture combined with dirt) fast. (or it's just me ) I still prefer them over any metal version.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Time is the school in which we learn, Time is the fire in which we burn. *Delmore Schwartz*

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2022, 04:26 PM   #11
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Subscriber

Ok so got the Galaxy Watch 4 46mm in Silver with Hybrid Leather band in Navy blue, HUGE on my girly wrist, but I like it

Impressions, loving it so far. I tend to get about 2 days of battery life without having to charge. Which has been perfectly acceptable. The screen is super pretty, but I went with a simple glance-able face and choose colours that remind me of Gameboy

The default band sits weird... kinda balloons out. But it makes wearing the watch all the time feel airy and almost never feels sweaty. Odd trade off, but it makes it very wearable I suppose.

System:
Old Feb 20, 2022, 08:24 AM   #12
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Someone please post a Flavor Flave GIF please! 😉

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2022, 02:28 PM   #13
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Someone please post a Flavor Flave GIF please! 😉

System:
Old Feb 22, 2022, 12:11 PM   #14
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

holy heck - that thing is going to break your wrist!
Old Feb 22, 2022, 03:28 PM   #15
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Subscriber

It really doesn't look so nuts in person and the band really makes it look bigger than it is. Going to be amazon-ing a couple alternatives this week.

Any suggestions? Or brand rec's?

System:
Old Feb 22, 2022, 03:45 PM   #16
Lazy8s
One day at a time

No new suggestions here. I’m still using the urban armor I linked above. The comfort and ease is just unbeatable so far.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 06:29 PM   #17
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Holy **** that thing is gigantic. Battery life must be bananas...

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 21.6.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 5800X3D :). 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Cas 16 Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 22.4.1. 1700 mhz @1.1v. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 11 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone, Andino... -My Baron, he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2022, 03:11 PM   #18
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

LordHawkwind once held a door open for a complete strangerLordHawkwind once held a door open for a complete strangerLordHawkwind once held a door open for a complete stranger

ATI Technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by pax View Post
Holy **** that thing is gigantic. Battery life must be bananas...
It's not that big in real life and fits my wrist easily. TBH I always charge mine when I go to bed and it easily does a whole day and more before needing to charge. Wife has just bought the latest Apple watch LTE and loves it and she hasn't got a clue about how it works
Ryzen 7 3800X, ASUS Prime X470 Pro, KFA2 RTX 3090 SG, 16GB Crucial DDR4 LPX 3000 Ram, iiyama G-Master GB3466WQSU 3440x1440 freesync 144hz, 250gb Samsung SSD, 750mb Seagate SSHD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda H/D, 1 TB Samsung H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
LordHawkwind is offline   Reply With Quote