Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Dec 7, 2021, 04:53 PM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
Do we need to know about the Halo 5 story? I hear mixed opinions regarding the link between 5 and Infinite.
I doubt it. Halo 5 was an embarrassing failure, and they'd be smart to stay clear of it as much as possible.

Honestly I'm not sure what they were trying to accomplish with Halo 5's story and characters. The marketing made it seem like Locke and Master Chief were going to be duking it out throughout the game, but actually they barely interact at all, and Locke and his team really don't matter much to the story. It would have been neat to spend more of the story & gameplay on a cat-and-mouse dynamic between 2 spartan teams, but they didn't go that direction at all.

There was some suggestion that someone at 343 thought that Master Chief was too old and they needed to retire him and replace him with a new character to appeal to the younger kids. If that's true, that person needs to be fired.

Ryzen 5 5600x - radeon 6700xt - 32 gigs memory

Nintendo: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega: Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
Sony: PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
Microsoft: og xbox, xbox360, xbone, series 3
Atari: Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo: Neo Geo Pocket Color
Other: Colecovision, Intellivision, Vectrex

riva tnt
tnt2
geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon 8500
radeon 9600
radeon 9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2021, 07:02 PM   #32
KAC
All ur gays r belong 2 me

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks0 View Post
Also happens on Gsync/Freesync if you use the framerate limiter.
Who uses a frame limiter. Haven’t dealt with that garbage since 2013.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2021, 07:02 PM   #33
KAC

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
Do we need to know about the Halo 5 story? I hear mixed opinions regarding the link between 5 and Infinite.
You definitely need to know Halo 5 story. Just watch a Halo story recap video. I watched 2 separate videos to prepare for Halo Infinite even though I replayed 3, Reach, ODST, 4 and 5 this year alone.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 7, 2021, 09:05 PM   #34
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks0 View Post
Also happens on Gsync/Freesync if you use the framerate limiter.
Yep always induces stutter when using vrr

Sittal on BF2142 "wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."

Logical "u dont have to lie to us that u got fired again we dont judge here that your 🌯 weren't up to snuff."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2021, 09:40 PM   #35
alitayyab
EGS is the future

alitayyab can recite pi backwardsalitayyab can recite pi backwardsalitayyab can recite pi backwardsalitayyab can recite pi backwardsalitayyab can recite pi backwardsalitayyab can recite pi backwardsalitayyab can recite pi backwards

Right now the PC version (SP) seems to be a mess.

Even with a 3090, the performance is really all over the place (Probably better on AMD since its developed with some form of collaboration with AMD). Granted i just put everything on ultra; this game is certainly not a looker that it would strain a 3090 at 1440p @ ultra. And this is before any form of Ray tracing has been applied to the game (which is still in development)

Some animations seem to be fixed to a really low frame rate as compared to everything else happening on screen

I dont think this is worth purchasing at full price for SP experience (playing on game pass)
Ali#1317
ali_tayyab
Game Endings
Core i7-12700K @Stock + Lian Li Galahad 240 || GB Z690-Gaming X || 32 GB RAM || Palit GTX 3090 Game Rock || Corsair HX 1200 PSU || Corsair 7000D AIR Case
Core i5-12400 || Asus Z690 Tuf || 16 GB RAM || Integrated Audio/Video || TT 750 Watt PSU || Corsair Air 540
alitayyab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2021, 10:31 PM   #36
Evileh

Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by alitayyab View Post

Even with a 3090, the performance is really all over the place (Probably better on AMD since its developed with some form of collaboration with AMD). Granted i just put everything on ultra; this game is certainly not a looker that it would strain a 3090 at 1440p @ ultra. And this is before any form of Ray tracing has been applied to the game (which is still in development)

Some animations seem to be fixed to a really low frame rate as compared to everything else happening on screen

I dont think this is worth purchasing at full price for SP experience (playing on game pass)
Huh how are you even playing? It's not even out yet anywhere.

Sittal on BF2142 "wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."

Logical "u dont have to lie to us that u got fired again we dont judge here that your 🌯 weren't up to snuff."
Old Dec 8, 2021, 12:40 AM   #37
KAC

It’s called time zones Evileh.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 12:55 AM   #38
Evileh

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
It’s called time zones Evileh.
It's not out early anywhere its out same time for everyone

Old Dec 8, 2021, 01:24 AM   #39
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:

Is this the MP Beta you're talking about?

Performance was fantastic on a 3080ti @ 3840x1600. Super smooth with it completely maxed out.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2021, 03:50 AM   #40
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

I had to cap fps or it feels jittery
Old Dec 8, 2021, 05:39 AM   #41
KAC

I ran MP beta with a 10700 and 3070 stock maxed out settings at 100+ fps whilst mining on 3 other graphics cards. No issues. Not sure if SP is facing issues only or something else. Will see what’s what tonight.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 10:31 AM   #42
alitayyab
EGS is the future

alitayyab can recite pi backwardsalitayyab can recite pi backwardsalitayyab can recite pi backwardsalitayyab can recite pi backwardsalitayyab can recite pi backwardsalitayyab can recite pi backwardsalitayyab can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Is this the MP Beta you're talking about?

Performance was fantastic on a 3080ti @ 3840x1600. Super smooth with it completely maxed out.
The only thing i can think of is my CPU (9700k). Every other game works great except for this.
Ali#1317
ali_tayyab
Game Endings
Core i7-12700K @Stock + Lian Li Galahad 240 || GB Z690-Gaming X || 32 GB RAM || Palit GTX 3090 Game Rock || Corsair HX 1200 PSU || Corsair 7000D AIR Case
Core i5-12400 || Asus Z690 Tuf || 16 GB RAM || Integrated Audio/Video || TT 750 Watt PSU || Corsair Air 540
Old Dec 8, 2021, 10:41 AM   #43
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
The only thing i can think of is my CPU (9700k). Every other game works great except for this.
Can you tell us if you're playing the MP or the SP campaign please?

yoz
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2021, 12:25 PM   #44
Mangler
PC

Mangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

You can download the campaign now, but the process was stupid, first you had to get a 4 GB update from the windows store, and then you have to select halo in the xbox app, select manage addons, and from there you can start the download for the 20 GB campaign.

Y U make things so hard microsoft!?

I guess the process might be smoother if you had not already downloaded the MP client though.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2021, 03:36 PM   #45
DeathKnight
Radeon Arctic Islands

DeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Subscriber

You can also start the download through the game itself by selecting campaign.
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | Fractal Design Celsius S24 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite | 2 x 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4-3200 (14-14-14-34) B-Die | MSI 3080 VENTUS 3X OC 10G | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | WD Black SN750 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Samusng 850 Evo 500GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | WD 640GB Black | Asus BW-12B1ST 12X Blu-ray Burner | Fractal Design Define R5 case | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 PSU | Win 10 Pro | 1920x1080 w/ 48" LCD TV
HT: Vizio E48-C2 48" LED Backlit LCD TV | Onkyo TX-SR605 A/V receiver | JBL EC35 center | 2 JBL E30's (fronts, bi-amped) | 2 JBL N24II's (rears) | Homemade Sonosub w/Dayton 12" driver (extension to 14Hz), BASH 300w amp | Panasonic DMP-BD35 Blu-ray player | Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD player | Xbox One S
Camera Gear: Nikon D7000 DSLR | Nikon 16-85mm F3.5-5.6 VR | Nikon 50mm F1.8 G | Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro | Slik Pro 700DX tripod legs with Cullmann Magnesit 35Nm ballhead
DeathKnight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2021, 05:55 PM   #46
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Game is running fine here on pc with all settings maxed @ 1440p.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2021, 07:10 PM   #47
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler View Post
Game is running fine here on pc with all settings maxed @ 1440p.
Seconded.

yoz
Old Dec 8, 2021, 09:12 PM   #48
alitayyab
EGS is the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Can you tell us if you're playing the MP or the SP campaign please?
SP, never touched MP.
Since everyone seems to getting a good exp. I guess it is likely to be my CPU holding the GPU back.
Ali#1317
ali_tayyab
Game Endings
Old Dec 9, 2021, 01:53 AM   #49
KAC

Game not launching for me causing some gaming services issues. Will try again tonight.
Old Dec 9, 2021, 06:04 AM   #50
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
SP, never touched MP.
Since everyone seems to getting a good exp. I guess it is likely to be my CPU holding the GPU back.
Played only 30 min and all was smooth and good. Will do more this weekend.

yoz
Old Dec 9, 2021, 08:50 AM   #51
jimjobob
Radeon Caribbean Islands

jimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Played only 30 min and all was smooth and good. Will do more this weekend.
I was wondering about claims of performance issues as I played for some time last night and FPS was between 80 and 120 the entire time till after a while I got to the open surface of the ring and suddenly saw frames in the 50's. Max settings @4k

Those who said something about the animations, there is a setting for animations that is not maxed out by default and not adjusted by the overall setting of Ultra.
jimjobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2021, 08:54 AM   #52
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjobob View Post
I was wondering about claims of performance issues as I played for some time last night and FPS was between 80 and 120 the entire time till after a while I got to the open surface of the ring and suddenly saw frames in the 50's. Max settings @4k

Those who said something about the animations, there is a setting for animations that is not maxed out by default and not adjusted by the overall setting of Ultra.
Will check out, thanks for that. +rep

yoz
Old Dec 9, 2021, 09:09 AM   #53
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

4K @ Ultra settings here. Solid 60fps during the first 2 hours so far. No bugs or crashes. I'm really enjoying it.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2021, 01:10 PM   #54
KAC

3070 struggling in this game when you go outdoors. Hitting as low as 40 fps. This is with 95 FOV and maxed out settings including async compute and HD textures. Will try and play with options to get fps back to 75-95 mark which was indoors.

Game is dope af.
Old Dec 9, 2021, 01:19 PM   #55
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
3070 struggling in this game when you go outdoors. Hitting as low as 40 fps. This is with 95 FOV and maxed out settings including async compute and HD textures. Will try and play with options to get fps back to 75-95 mark which was indoors.

Game is dope af.
Time to unleash the 3090! It's losing $ mining anyhow....

yoz
Old Dec 9, 2021, 06:02 PM   #56
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjobob View Post
Made it outside, secured the FOB, took a ride to next point. FPS at 95-105+

yoz
Old Dec 9, 2021, 08:02 PM   #57
jimjobob
Radeon Caribbean Islands

jimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete stranger

Game wont launch any more. now when I hit play it opens up a microsoft store page.

Clicking off and re-installing HD textures fixed it.

Last edited by jimjobob : Dec 9, 2021 at 08:20 PM.
jimjobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2021, 03:17 AM   #58
alitayyab
EGS is the future

https://www.dsogaming.com/pc-perform...ance-analysis/

There are definite performance issues on Nvidia hardware.
Some animations are locked at a lower frame rate than the rest of the game even if setting the animations to highest settings
Ali#1317
ali_tayyab
Game Endings
Old Dec 10, 2021, 03:24 AM   #59
KAC

Wow man this game is dope. Gunplay is tight and slapping banished in the face never gets old. I give the campaign a 9/10 thus far. Much better than far cry games that I am used to. The grappling hook is tight and recharges fast not some pussy ass grappling hook.

If you aren't playing this game then you know what you are...
Old Dec 10, 2021, 04:05 AM   #60
Sundance Kid V2
Your daddy!

Sundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Wow man this game is dope. Gunplay is tight and slapping banished in the face never gets old. I give the campaign a 9/10 thus far. Much better than far cry games that I am used to. The grappling hook is tight and recharges fast not some pussy ass grappling hook.

If you aren't playing this game then you know what you are...
a non Halo player ?
Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote