Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Nov 9, 2020, 01:21 PM   #271
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Sundance Kid V2
Your daddy!

Sundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

I saw a video today of this game.. and even the review guy says its buggy.

Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2020, 01:24 PM   #272
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance Kid V2 View Post
I saw a video today of this game.. and even the review guy says its buggy.
AC games always start out a little.... buggy.

yoz
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2020, 01:50 PM   #273
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

sooo i'll be home after all. just restarted it and um well the save game files i made are not there wtf? I mean im in offline mode but still man.

lol the files are there though.

Damn it's not letting me use my vpn no more ugh.

Sittal on BF2142 "wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."

Last edited by Evileh : Nov 9, 2020 at 02:04 PM.
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 9, 2020, 01:51 PM   #274
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evileh View Post
sooo i'll be home after all. just restarted it and um well the save game files i made are not there wtf? I mean im in offline mode but still man.
Offline? For a Ubi game? WTF are you smoking?

yoz
Old Nov 9, 2020, 01:53 PM   #275
Sundance Kid V2
Your daddy!

Sundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
AC games always start out a little.... buggy.
True
Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2020, 01:57 PM   #276
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance Kid V2 View Post
True
Engine produces beautiful visuals and long draw distances but its showing its age now. Weird they did not port to Vulkan for this....

yoz
Old Nov 9, 2020, 02:05 PM   #277
Evileh

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Offline? For a Ubi game? WTF are you smoking?
VPN Accesssssss. It suspends me everytime i use vpn now though lmmmfao

Sittal on BF2142 "wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Old Nov 9, 2020, 02:06 PM   #278
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
VPN Accesssssss. It suspends me everytime i use vpn now though lmmmfao
, sorry.... I forgot what a scurvy pirate you are.

yoz
Old Nov 9, 2020, 02:06 PM   #279
Evileh

Quote:
, sorry.... I forgot what a scurvy pirate you are.
That's not pirating brah... I own the game lmmmfao...

But looks like the save game issue isn't just me others on the sespool that is resetera has it too.

Old Nov 9, 2020, 02:08 PM   #280
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
That's not pirating brah... I own the game lmmmfao...

But looks like the save game issue isn't just me others on the sespool that is resetera has it too.
Illegal!!

yoz
Old Nov 9, 2020, 02:10 PM   #281
Evileh

Quote:
Illegal!!
No using vpn is NOT against the terms for ubisoft..

Anyway, from what it looks like they are cloud saves so i'm just gonna have to wait until 11pm tonight i guess. lol

ALSO, The music omfg.

Old Nov 9, 2020, 02:11 PM   #282
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
No using vpn is NOT against the terms for ubisoft..

Anyway, from what it looks like they are cloud saves so i'm just gonna have to wait until 11pm tonight i guess. lol

ALSO, The music omfg.
Good or bad?

yoz
Old Nov 9, 2020, 02:13 PM   #283
Evileh

Quote:
Good or bad?
Fantastic!!!!

The game also feels a lot more grounded than other ac games. More depth to the environment with foliage and object placements. They also enhanced the water effects when you move through it which is a nice touch.

Old Nov 9, 2020, 02:14 PM   #284
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Fantastic!!!!

The game also feels a lot more grounded than other ac games. More depth to the environment with foliage and object placements. They also enhanced the water effects when you move through it which is a nice touch.
And now we know why a 3090 can't do 60 FPS @ 4K....

yoz
Old Nov 9, 2020, 02:18 PM   #285
Evileh

Quote:
And now we know why a 3090 can't do 60 FPS @ 4K....
there is also snow tessellation as well. Much better than what was seen in ac III though.

Old Nov 9, 2020, 02:52 PM   #286
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
there is also snow tessellation as well. Much better than what was seen in ac III though.
Nice...

yoz
Old Nov 9, 2020, 02:53 PM   #287
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Clownies

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Game is pretty good so far, I mean it's basically the last two games just refined and with Vikings.

Graphics at times are a mix of great to nothing special, certainly has that ubisoft jank.
Old Nov 9, 2020, 02:53 PM   #288
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I’m going to fire this up soon as I come back from dropping of me kid at school and run an in game bench Mark.

Will observe, cry at low FPS, go to local PC hardware retailer website, look at 3080 stock, cry some more.
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2020, 02:57 PM   #289
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
Will observe, cry at low FPS, go to local PC hardware retailer website, look at 3080 stock, cry some more.

yoz
Old Nov 9, 2020, 04:11 PM   #290
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

Quote:
I’m going to fire this up soon as I come back from dropping of me kid at school and run an in game bench Mark.

Well at least you can run it low.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2020, 04:12 PM   #291
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I ain't running it unless it is maxed out! That's the PC master race tradition.

Just finishing up breakfast and I'm going to fire it up. I got my tissue box next to me.
Old Nov 9, 2020, 04:37 PM   #292
Megaman
Packing heat!

Day one patch

Quote:
Fine-tuned the balancing of the game
Addressed various quest-related nuisances
Improved performance and stability
Miscellaneous bug fixes
Old Nov 9, 2020, 05:05 PM   #293
Megaman
Packing heat!

Ra the benchmark

Min: 34

Avg: 65

Max: 132

The image quality in the benchmark looked low res. Anyone else feel the same?

I had everything maxed out

EDIT: resolution scale seemed to default to 70%. Perhaps that's what it was.

EDIT 2: OK I think that was it. 100% Res scale looks better. New run:

Min: 8
Avg: 55
Max: 105

Last edited by Megaman : Nov 9, 2020 at 05:10 PM.
Old Nov 9, 2020, 05:13 PM   #294
Evileh

Quote:
Ra the benchmark

Min: 34

Avg: 65

Max: 132

The image quality in the benchmark looked low res. Anyone else feel the same?

I had everything maxed out

EDIT: resolution scale seemed to default to 70%. Perhaps that's what it was.

EDIT 2: OK I think that was it. 100% Res scale looks better. New run:

Min: 8
Avg: 55
Max: 105
turn clouds down to very high then run it again

Old Nov 9, 2020, 05:21 PM   #295
Megaman
Packing heat!

Seems to run OK with clouds maxed out in the benchmark. It's smooth however, there is something fishy going on or maybe I'm forgetting how Odyssey looked.

This doesn't look at all that appealing.

With everything maxed out and res scale at 100%, it feels like a downgrade compared to Odyssey....almost like I left an option or two on low settings.
Old Nov 9, 2020, 05:34 PM   #296
acroig
Troll SMod

IMHO Odyssey looked exceptionally beautiful.

yoz
Old Nov 9, 2020, 05:36 PM   #297
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Is it still a CPU hog? Upgraded my cpu for Odyssey and my min framerate went through the roof.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2020, 05:49 PM   #298
Evileh

Quote:
Seems to run OK with clouds maxed out in the benchmark. It's smooth however, there is something fishy going on or maybe I'm forgetting how Odyssey looked.

This doesn't look at all that appealing.

With everything maxed out and res scale at 100%, it feels like a downgrade compared to Odyssey....almost like I left an option or two on low settings.
Have you played the main game? Dude what are you talking about it's beautiful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
Is it still a CPU hog? Upgraded my cpu for Odyssey and my min framerate went through the roof.
Ha i know what you are talking about i started ac od with an 8350 then upgraded to a 2700x. lol.

Old Nov 9, 2020, 05:55 PM   #299
Megaman
Packing heat!

Quote:
Have you played the main game? Dude what are you talking about it's beautiful.

The main game looks different to the bench? WTF is the point of the bench then.
Old Nov 9, 2020, 06:03 PM   #300
jimjobob
Radeon Volcanic Islands

jimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete stranger

I need to stop looking at this thread. I am enjoying WD:L so there is no reason to stop that for this but I loved the last two and it’s really hard to hold off on this.
jimjobob is offline   Reply With Quote