Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Sep 24, 2021, 08:44 AM   #271
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
I dont think its the same. I mean, its the same in that there are definitely a few unfair places in souls too. Mostly around hit boxes that dont match the animations though.

As for Nioh, itis more, unfair entirely, until it clicks and everything works then its like a harder souls. There is no simple fair systems that has a high cieling in nioh. Rather a morderately complicated one that has the same cieling.
Of course I am still not all the way through the game and don't know what lies ahead of me, but up to this point I think its similar enough to From Soft's games IMO for me to call it that way. What I mean by fair difficulty is it seems hard as **** at first, but the more you play a particular area or boss the easier it gets as you learn the strategies. Most boss fights, by the final attempt when I beat them I usually end up taking hardly any damage. This is how all the "fair" games of the genre behave. They seem unfair in the beginning but its only because you haven't learned how to handle them yet. What would be unfair is if the game punished you in ways that there's simply no way of avoiding or defending against. I have not seen that yet in Nioh. Even the awful grab attacks some boss fights have, with enough practice you can learn to identify and avoid them. Only thing that would come close to unfair that I've seen is a few occasions the enemy tracking and hit boxes were off, but again that's a old video game flaw that can be learned to be avoided.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
Some of Nioh and Nioh 2’s fights are designed to just hurt and piss off the player. that’s my take and I’m standing by it
But without getting pissed off and angry, you wouldn't have that oh so awesome feeling of retribution and accomplishment when you finally beat it. You don't really get that fist pump dopamine burst feeling in other easier games. Its why we play these.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2021, 09:07 AM   #272
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

That’s true Meteor. I keep trying to apply that to where I am in Nioh 2 though, and it’s tough to say the least lol. I’ve beaten NG, NG+, NG++, NG+++, NG++++ and all 108 floors of the Underworld after that. Now I’m in the depths of the underworld, maxed at level 750, and I’m stuck on floor 11 of the depths

So I keep asking myself, why Phil? Why do this to yourself?
Because the rush of finally killing that murderous bastard lol
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2021, 09:15 AM   #273
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

I have never really been big on NG+ and beyond playthroughs. The games are usually fulfilling enough for me to beat on standard NG, and if I want more I will just replay with a different style build or a challenge run like SL1.

I think for me though its more due to a been there done that attitude, and I tend to want to move onto something new after putting in dozens and dozens of hours.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 24, 2021, 09:24 AM   #274
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
I have never really been big on NG+ and beyond playthroughs. The games are usually fulfilling enough for me to beat on standard NG, and if I want more I will just replay with a different style build or a challenge run like SL1.

I think for me though its more due to a been there done that attitude, and I tend to want to move onto something new after putting in dozens and dozens of hours.
I get it. What hooked me with Nioh is that each level + the new gear you get changes enough to make me want to do it. Plus that challenge. Plus I’m addicted to it and haven’t found anything to replace it yet.
Old Sep 24, 2021, 09:24 AM   #275
koralis
Radeon 5850

koralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Of course I am still not all the way through the game and don't know what lies ahead of me, but up to this point I think its similar enough to From Soft's games IMO for me to call it that way. What I mean by fair difficulty is it seems hard as **** at first, but the more you play a particular area or boss the easier it gets as you learn the strategies.
When I got to the map I accidently restarted the starter level this morning as I thought it was new. *sigh* Blazed through it quickly and downed the boss first shot this time around, then did the quest that was hidden behind it in one go as well (human boss is nothing in comparison, even being higher level... but then I've been practicing on high level revenants.)

Just did my first soul match to bump up my favorite axe's level. Have enough stamina to wear 4 pieces of heavy armor and a medium now (if they're the lighter pieces.) One more level and I think I don't have to care about the make/model of armor so much.

Still trying to figure out at what point I can unlock certain skillsets and dojo quests. Guess it's just "do the quests and it'll get there eventually."

Kcrucible - Playing with Fire
koralis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2021, 09:30 AM   #276
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
I get it. What hooked me with Nioh is that each level + the new gear you get changes enough to make me want to do it. Plus that challenge. Plus I’m addicted to it and haven’t found anything to replace it yet.
New From Soft game coming in just a few more months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by koralis View Post
When I got to the map I accidently restarted the starter level this morning as I thought it was new. *sigh* Blazed through it quickly and downed the boss first shot this time around, then did the quest that was hidden behind it in one go as well (human boss is nothing in comparison, even being higher level... but then I've been practicing on high level revenants.)

Just did my first soul match to bump up my favorite axe's level. Have enough stamina to wear 4 pieces of heavy armor and a medium now (if they're the lighter pieces.) One more level and I think I don't have to care about the make/model of armor so much.

Still trying to figure out at what point I can unlock certain skillsets and dojo quests. Guess it's just "do the quests and it'll get there eventually."
Some skills you need to finish certain unknown missions and specified dojo tutorials to unlock the privilege to purchase them. Also some dojo tutorials you need to have certain attributes like dexterity or magic at a certain level.
Old Sep 24, 2021, 10:34 AM   #277
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
New From Soft game coming in just a few more months.
I can't wait