Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » AMD Radeon Discussion and Support
Rage3D Subscribe FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

AMD Radeon Discussion and Support General discussion, tweaking, overclocking and technical support questions about discrete Radeon graphics products.

Old May 11, 2002, 02:40 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Hagai
Radeon R100

Hagai is still being judged by the masses

Default weird problem with the new official 9031

When I try to install this new drivers from ATI I get this weird Error:
"This display driver is not compatible with the display adapter installed on your system"

I managed to install the unofficial 9030 drives with no problems.

what's going on?

I have a Radeon 8500LE 128mb.
Hagai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2002, 07:12 AM   #2
{D0om}DEATH
Radeon R600

{D0om}DEATH is still being judged by the masses

did you uninstall the previous drivers?
{D0om}DEATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2002, 07:57 AM   #3
Hagai
Radeon R100

Well this is a new computer,
I tried to install the drivers after a format and an installation of Win98se.
I managed to install the 9030 unofficial drivers though.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 11, 2002, 08:51 AM   #4
Dyre Straits
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Dyre Straits is still being judged by the masses

Arrow This is the error I was getting after removing previous drivers

At the direction of Omegadrive, I finally learned to simply install new drivers over the old set. I haven't removed a set of drivers since last summer. Just run the installation and, if you get any Version Conflict warning popup screens, answer NO so that you force the current installation to overwrite any existing files.
If you decide a newer driver set isn't acceptable, simply run the one you like better and, again, answer NO to all the Version Conflict screens.
I haven't had one of those error warnings since doing it this way.

Dyre Straits
~Windows 10 x64 Professional~Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H~Intel I7-3770K~8x2 GB DDR3 Crucial Ballistic 1600 RAM (Dual Channel)~RealTek Onboard~XFX R9 390 8GB GDDR5~3 Acer 27 inch LCDs~SCEPTRE 505 4K UHD TVand one Sanyo 32 inch HDTV connected via Intel onboard GPU~SATA BluRay RW~1000 W PSU~And a Whole Lot More!~AND....1 TB XBOX ONE~1 PS4 with Uncharted Bundle~

Quote:
If you have an issue with what you said, please resolve it in private ;)
Dyre Straits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2002, 09:20 AM   #5
Hagai
Radeon R100

My problem is not version conflicts.
read my 1st post again.
Old May 11, 2002, 09:31 AM   #6
friskyolive
Looking down on you!

friskyolive is still being judged by the masses

There are appropriate drivers for either the 8500le or 8500 retail. Choose the drivers that compliment your type of 8500 on ati's site.
Had you tried using any 3rd party drivers, or any drivers that anyone else created or leaks that are not official? These are possibilities, though may not be the case with you. Do you have updated win98se drivers from Microsoft "Windows Update?" Strange indeed.

[CPU]: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Quad Core Processor AM3 3.4GHZ 8MB Cache 125W 45NM [MOBO]: ASUS M4A78T-E ATX 790GX Socket AM3 DDR3 2PCI-E16 2PCI-E1 2PCI HDMI Video Sound GBLAN Motherboard[GPU]: Powercolor Radeon HD 5770 In Crossfire [SOUND]: Corsair Gaming Audio Series CA-HS1A Headset 50MM Drivers Circumaural Earcups and the Creative Sound Blaster X-FI TITANIUM Fatality PRO with Yamaha 5590 Receiver[MEMORY]: OCZ (OCZ3G1600LV4GK) DDR3 1600MHz Gold Edition Low Voltage 4GB (2x2048MB) Dual Channel and G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB [MONITOR]: DELL U2410, 24W, OPT/FPWS,CUS [HD]: Western Digital 320GB and 1 TB Black Edition [Optical Drives]: LG GSA-4167B Dual Layer DVD±R/RW Drive [PSU]: Corsair HX 1000 watt [OS]: Win7 64-bit Professional On a Antec 1200 Full Tower Case.
friskyolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2002, 09:39 AM   #7
Dyre Straits
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Dyre Straits is still being judged by the masses

Arrow I understand your first post....

Quote:
Originally posted by Hagai
My problem is not version conflicts.
read my 1st post again.
and I understand it's not Version Conflicts that are the issue.
So, let me try to clarify it.

Whenever I've removed previous drivers and then attempted to install a newer set, I would get the 'incompatiblity' error you describe in your first post.
In order to AVOID this, and per Omegadrive's instructions, I have since simply installed newer drivers over the current ones....without uninstalling the current ones.
When you do this, there may be a possibility that you will get a Version Conflict popup screen. If so, simply answer NO to any and all of them.
If you decide that your newer driverset isn't acceptable, just run the previous one you liked without uninstalling the current set, and you'll get a HOST of Version Conflict screens. Answer NO to ALL of them. This assures that the one you're trying to install overwrites everything that's currently on your system.
Hope this clears it up.
I have not had the 'incompatibility' warning since doing it this way...since last summer.

Dyre Straits
~Windows 10 x64 Professional~Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H~Intel I7-3770K~8x2 GB DDR3 Crucial Ballistic 1600 RAM (Dual Channel)~RealTek Onboard~XFX R9 390 8GB GDDR5~3 Acer 27 inch LCDs~SCEPTRE 505 4K UHD TVand one Sanyo 32 inch HDTV connected via Intel onboard GPU~SATA BluRay RW~1000 W PSU~And a Whole Lot More!~AND....1 TB XBOX ONE~1 PS4 with Uncharted Bundle~

Quote:
If you have an issue with what you said, please resolve it in private ;)

Last edited by Dyre Straits : May 11, 2002 at 09:42 AM.
Dyre Straits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2002, 03:53 PM   #8
Hagai
Radeon R100

To friskyolive - Im now using the unofficial 9030 that I managed to install with no errors.
It's just very weird i get an error with the official drivers.