Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old Dec 6, 2009, 01:51 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Zarfilg
Radeon 4870

Zarfilg is still being judged by the masses

Default Fianlly downloaded WipeOutHD (bundle) for PS3 - most fun I had all year!

What a slick little game.. looks spectacular and plays even better. I've owned all the PlayStation systems since the PSX yet never bothered to try the WipeOut games till now. Wicked fun, me and a buddy have been messing around multiplayer as well. It's hard to put down.
Zarfilg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2009, 02:04 PM   #2
KAC
Whatever

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Really, it's on my list of games to purchase but was back-burnered.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2009, 02:08 PM   #3
Zarfilg
Radeon 4870

Once you start playing and get the hang of it, move up to some of the faster tracks, it almost becomes a zen like experience
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 6, 2009, 02:56 PM   #4
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Clockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird sings

Yeah I bought it at release (non bundle) and it is great, although I haven't played it in a while...
Clockwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2009, 05:39 PM   #5
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badges

I've been enjoying Wipeout pulse on my PSP, but don't feel a need to purchase a PS3 to play it.

Ryzen 5 5600x - radeon 6700xt - 32 gigs memory

Nintendo: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega: Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
Sony: PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
Microsoft: og xbox, xbox360, xbone, series 3
Atari: Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo: Neo Geo Pocket Color
Other: Colecovision, Intellivision, Vectrex

riva tnt
tnt2
geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon 8500
radeon 9600
radeon 9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2009, 09:57 PM   #6
Encyclopedia_b
Purveyor of OFN

Encyclopedia_b is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarfilg View Post
zen like experience
excellent way of describing it
Encyclopedia_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2009, 10:12 PM   #7
A2597
A Peculiar Person

A2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird sings

ugh....anything above Flash speeds leave me bouncing off the walls. Venom is almost too slow, Rapier...seriously, how the frak do you do that mode?! Just more gameplay time? Ugh.

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.
1 Peter 2:9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
:heart: I took a few weeks off, but Rage is like a home away from home.
A2597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2009, 11:25 PM   #8
sMashPiranha
Radeon Volcanic Islands

sMashPiranha is still being judged by the masses

Wipeout is the only thing I really miss after ditching Sony to go with a 360 this round. When I need a blu ray player I'll get a PS3 and Wipeout HD will be the first game I get for it.
sMashPiranha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2009, 11:06 AM   #9
Zarfilg
Radeon 4870

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2597 View Post
ugh....anything above Flash speeds leave me bouncing off the walls. Venom is almost too slow, Rapier...seriously, how the frak do you do that mode?! Just more gameplay time? Ugh.
I dunno man, all I can say it's like any other racing type title, to do well you have to know the tracks. I like the game because it can be fun just winging it, but also deep enough that it leaves room for multiple tiers of skill level if you chose to go there. Solid solid gaming experience, glad I whimsically pulled the trigger on it.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 11:45 AM   #10
A2597
A Peculiar Person

A2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird sings

after racing a track 30+ times I feel like I know it, I just can't always pull of the turn properly.

Probably just stick to Flash speeds. Feels right to me.
(Just means I can't progress further in the Campaign. Have all golds up until Rapier class races pop up)

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.

Quote:
Old Dec 10, 2009, 01:27 PM   #11
Ristogod
Semper Vigilare

Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Threads like this made me purchase the game. Sadly I didn't see the appeal. I thought it was kind of boring.
Old Dec 10, 2009, 01:45 PM   #12
A2597
A Peculiar Person

well, you have to have a love of fast hovercars and explosions.

Quote:
Old Dec 10, 2009, 08:24 PM   #13
Zarfilg
Radeon 4870

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ristogod View Post
Threads like this made me purchase the game. Sadly I didn't see the appeal. I thought it was kind of boring.
That sucks man, sorry to hear it. Only thing I can tell you is that it grows on you once you play a bit.
Old Dec 10, 2009, 09:23 PM   #14
wrex
Radeon R700

wrex is still being judged by the masses

Assegai FTW!! Fury expansion makes it even better, each craft gets a boost in several stats, new modes, new tracks and they ditch the all white menu for a dark one which looks sexy.
wrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2009, 09:55 PM   #15
Sharkfood
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Sharkfood is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ristogod View Post
Have you played any of the other Wipeout games?

Like most of the Wipeout series, it can seem very boring as it takes quite an amount of time invested to get to the real "game" - which is when the vehicles get faster, enemies get more brutal and tracks get more dicey.

I'm still contemplating Fury here but have several hours into Wipeout HD and it's just NOW starting to get fun as the speed is getting up to where it's a challenge.

Don't spread my wealth, spread my work ethic.
3/21/2010 - R.I.P. Freedom, Democracy, America

Last edited by Sharkfood : Dec 11, 2009 at 01:01 AM.
Sharkfood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2009, 12:00 AM   #16
nomore
Radeon Arctic Islands

nomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channel

I found this game addictive and challenging at times but I had to stop playing it or I would have played nothing else for a year. lol
I admit I am not sure about buying Fury expansion since I have a lot of games to play and I don't want to get back into it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by H001iGAN View Post
no matter how you look at it, it's still better on PC
nomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2009, 01:14 AM   #17
Zarfilg
Radeon 4870

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomore View Post
I found this game addictive and challenging at times but I had to stop playing it or I would have played nothing else for a year. lol
I admit I am not sure about buying Fury expansion since I have a lot of games to play and I don't want to get back into it.

Since I never had the original, i figured paying 5 bucks more for the exp was a no brainer. The bundle sells for 25 bucks, hd alone is 19.00, why would u not get the fury bundle?