Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Apr 20, 2015, 04:19 PM   #1561
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
kkevin666
Radeon R520

kkevin666 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Sounds like the anti-piracy feature is back from GTAIV.
Steam Retail actually. It seems the camera and car is very bouncy to the point of unplayability.
kkevin666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2015, 04:25 PM   #1562
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Progression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrowhead View Post
Busted?

He's playing Grand Theft Vidya V.
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
If you must listen to country [music], play it backwards. You get your woman back, the dog comes back to life, Momma pops out from under the train, and it stops raining. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bete View Post
I'd bet it would be fun to do him up the ass.
Progression is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2015, 05:09 PM   #1563
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainstew View Post
Exploiting the stock market. If you pay attention to certain events in the game (missions, random events) you can catch wind of big changes happening in the stock market and make a fortune.

Edit: Did you mean on GTA Online? In that case I'd just buy an apartment and some stupid looking masks.
I meant story mode. My intention is to remove the bonus entirely so I start from a clean slate. I did this with ease by stealing a couple of cars and purchasing upgrades from customs. Done!
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 20, 2015, 08:31 PM   #1564
|MaguS|
Wrong!... SNIFF

|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

I don't see the appeal of GTA Online, I joined in and was instantly bombarded by idiots making stupid noises on the mic, then I just had players with better guns than me just constantly gun me down.

****ing stupid.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 08:33 PM   #1565
Mark3264
Radeon R300

Mark3264 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyMark3264 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyMark3264 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
I don't see the appeal of GTA Online, I joined in and was instantly bombarded by idiots making stupid noises on the mic, then I just had players with better guns than me just constantly gun me down.

****ing stupid.
Start invite only server with friends. Run missions/heists.

Otherwise, yeah. Public servers and playing missions with strangers is not that fun.
Mark3264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2015, 08:40 PM   #1566
|MaguS|
Wrong!... SNIFF

|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark3264 View Post
Start invite only server with friends. Run missions/heists.

Otherwise, yeah. Public servers and playing missions with strangers is not that fun.
I don't have any friends.

Oh and our crews logo sucks.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 12:22 AM   #1567
MNB4800
Radeon Volcanic Islands

MNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird sings

Man, the shooting range was fun oO! Never had this much fun in an ingame shooting range oO!
Steam ID: Vayne4800, Origin: Vayne4800, Battletag: Vayne#2528
MNB4800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2015, 12:29 AM   #1568
Chuck
How's the flow tonight?

Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

So I bought the retail package knowing I wouldn't play it for half a year (holding off playing PC games until Skylake). I'm such a major sucker.
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2015, 12:31 AM   #1569
Ciera
Bueno

Ciera is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
So I bought the retail package knowing I wouldn't play it for half a year (holding off playing PC games until Skylake). I'm such a major sucker.
what's wrong with your current setup? just buy a new video card and move it over to your skylake build later
Ciera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2015, 12:39 AM   #1570
Chuck
How's the flow tonight?

Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciera View Post
what's wrong with your current setup? just buy a new video card and move it over to your skylake build later
My current rig is pretty much an HTPC hooked up to my 32" HDTV. While that doesn't sound bad of course, it's not that great of a setup to play games on since I pretty much have to lie down on my bed while I play games. Yeah, Asian rooms.

Fortunately I'd get a dedicated computer room in my new apartment but that wouldn't happen until approx the same time Skylake hits (Q3 2015).

Dunno man, GTA is the kinda game I'd play for hours and comfy sitting position is kinda a must for me.
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2015, 12:42 AM   #1571
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Finished the main story line. So much more to do and left, before I start fing around online

nycdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2015, 01:57 AM   #1572
ThirdEye
goodnight sweet prince

ThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

I just tried to see what msaa4x would look like with mfaa through nvcp as per Dave's suggestion and it looks aight but doing this breaks shadows. No matter the setting they look as blocky as minecraft.
ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2015, 02:05 AM   #1573
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

So this game should have never been released on the consoles. I had such a sour taste playing this on the sexbox 360 that I am finally enjoying it on PC.

Main characters are still douchebags though lol.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2015, 02:30 AM   #1574
Sundance Kid V2
Your daddy!

Sundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
So this game should have never been released on the consoles. I had such a sour taste playing this on the sexbox 360 that I am finally enjoying it on PC.

Main characters are still douchebags though lol.
PC Master Race FTW

I bought a physical copy. Not going to download 65gig on 4meg shaped ADSL line...
Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2015, 03:04 AM   #1575
Mark3264
Radeon R300

Mark3264 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyMark3264 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyMark3264 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I'm experiencing some strange stuttering in the subway tunnels with high resolution shadows off. However, if I turn this setting on, the stuttering goes away. Which makes no sense to me as you would think it would be worse. Any ideas?
Old Apr 21, 2015, 03:07 AM   #1576
ThirdEye
goodnight sweet prince

ThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

found my 2160p sweet spot. shadows on high and population a couple of notches down and msaa reflections to off

Old Apr 21, 2015, 05:05 AM   #1577
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
found my 2160p sweet spot. shadows on high and population a couple of notches down and msaa reflections to off

playable with single gtx 980?
Old Apr 21, 2015, 09:39 AM   #1578
ThirdEye
goodnight sweet prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleonic View Post
playable with single gtx 980?
yup, it's not locked to 60 fps but stays above 40 which is cool by me.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 11:07 AM   #1579
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Im inclined to disagree that your staying above 40fps in the country side at that resolution with 1 980 with those settings. Unless you have a **** load of settings turned down. Especially Ultra grass.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2015, 11:26 AM   #1580
ThirdEye
goodnight sweet prince

Quote:
Im inclined to disagree that your staying above 40fps in the country side at that resolution with 1 980 with those settings. Unless you have a **** load of settings turned down. Especially Ultra grass.
I haven't tried this res in the country side. I know how demanding it is though so I'll probably return to 1620p. Also need to try reshade's smaa in this game, I really hate fxaa
Old Apr 21, 2015, 11:27 AM   #1581
Darkz0r
Italian Brazilian Rager

Darkz0r can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDarkz0r can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Had a good time playing online yesterday. Finally got to lvl 12 and did the first heist (more like a dumb tutorial heist) and started the setup for prison break.
Tried to play on hard but its really harder...lol.

That said, online mode is SLOW AS ****. Why can't you just go from 1 setup to the next? NO SIR, you have to go BACK to freemode, open the game AGAIN, invite everyone AGAIN...jesus, are we in 1998?

Loadings take forever and the game simply *must* dump you in a session with 10 other players even if you don't want to. I mean, what is the point of wasting time finding a freemode "server" if you just want to do jobs. The way online works is very badly designed in terms of ease to use.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 11:34 AM   #1582
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkz0r View Post
Had a good time playing online yesterday. Finally got to lvl 12 and did the first heist (more like a dumb tutorial heist) and started the setup for prison break.

That said, online mode is SLOW AS ****. Why can't you just go from 1 setup to the next? NO SIR, you have to go BACK to freemode, open the game AGAIN, invite everyone AGAIN...jesus, are we in 1998?

Loadings take forever and the game simply *must* dump you in a session with 10 other players even if you don't want to. I mean, what is the point of wasting time finding a freemode "server" if you just want to do jobs. The way online works is very badly designed in terms of ease to use.
It is designed for console retardation. I ain't touching no stinking online and just going to be punching through the main campaign.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2015, 11:40 AM   #1583
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:

Agreed on all fronts about the online mode matching. I was trying to play with just one friend and it took us about 10 minutes to figure out thats how its supposed to be done. We were both flabbergasted at how unintuitive that is.

Also did the first heist and it was pretty easy. Played on hard mode all the way through and as far as Im concerned thats only way to play the game. As long as you dont run out all willy nilly into the open you will survive. Make sure you stock up on snacks though to eat during fire fights.

Will probably do the second heist but since we are a 2 man team we are going to need 2 more since its a 4 player heist...lets see how that goes.

I used my pre-order money on a zentorno car and a high end apartment(1.2 million) Zentornos speed is so worth it. However, that armored car that is used in the first heist mission is OP and will not blow up no matter what.

Old Apr 21, 2015, 01:43 PM   #1584
Mark3264
Radeon R300

Quote:

This works on the PS4, should work here. Start invite only server BEFORE you start the heists. Once you are done, it should put all of you back to the invite only server and it loads much faster.

Though even loading a public server on the PC loads much faster than the PS4. It's really bad there.

Quote:
However, that armored car that is used in the first heist mission is OP and will not blow up no matter what.
The armored Kuruma is basically playing with god mode yeah. Easy way to do some of the heists in hard mode.

It will blow up easily though. Takes a couple of RPG hits or parked next to an exploding tank. Now the armored Insurgent....that one could take a beating but to balance it, you are more easily shot while inside compared to the Kuruma.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 01:48 PM   #1585
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

How much grind is there in GTA Online?
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2015, 02:18 PM   #1586
|MaguS|
Wrong!... SNIFF

Found a solution to the shadows bug, disable AF in-game and use the CP.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 02:32 PM   #1587
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
How much grind is there in GTA Online?
Depends on how high a level you want to get to. To unlock heists you need to be level 12. After finishing the tutorials you should be at level 4(or 3 if you suck). Play missions on hard and you should hit 12 in about 3-4 hours.

Old Apr 21, 2015, 02:35 PM   #1588
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark3264 View Post

It will blow up easily though. Takes a couple of RPG hits or parked next to an exploding tank. Now the armored Insurgent....that one could take a beating but to balance it, you are more easily shot while inside compared to the Kuruma.
Cops dont shoot RPGs lol. Ran around online with a 5 star wanted level with a friend for 30 minutes eating every bullet available.

The only thing that ultimately blew us up was our curiosity to see if it could survive a head on collision with a train. We did not win.

Old Apr 21, 2015, 03:43 PM   #1589
Darkz0r
Italian Brazilian Rager

Darkz0r can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDarkz0r can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Agreed on all fronts about the online mode matching. I was trying to play with just one friend and it took us about 10 minutes to figure out thats how its supposed to be done. We were both flabbergasted at how unintuitive that is.

Also did the first heist and it was pretty easy. Played on hard mode all the way through and as far as Im concerned thats only way to play the game. As long as you dont run out all willy nilly into the open you will survive. Make sure you stock up on snacks though to eat during fire fights.

Will probably do the second heist but since we are a 2 man team we are going to need 2 more since its a 4 player heist...lets see how that goes.

I used my pre-order money on a zentorno car and a high end apartment(1.2 million) Zentornos speed is so worth it. However, that armored car that is used in the first heist mission is OP and will not blow up no matter what.
The first heist is easy as hell, I'm having trouble with the 2nd on hard hehe.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 05:19 PM   #1590
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/gui...formance-guide

The strong and dominant GPU maker has put out their performance guide for GTA 5.

The interactive comparisons are pretty useful, you can see how some little difference there is between the very high and ultra settings in some cases, the same cannot be said for the performance hit.

Last edited by Mangler : Apr 21, 2015 at 05:35 PM.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote