Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Jun 20, 2010, 03:21 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Thumbs up That daily game progress thread...

Was thinking about a game progress thread where people come and post daily **** about what they finished, started or achieved within a game. Might be a good way to tell gaming related stories and/or talk about what they are doing in gaming. Can be PC and console if need be. Can be SP or MP and can be about a boss fight in a game, a level, or an end game (with the appropriate spoiler tags ofcourse).

So first up, is me.

I finished Bad Company 2 SP and uninstalled it (had 3 levels left)
I finished Alan Wake Episode 2 and am about halfway through on Episode 3 (I think)
I finished a couple of missions in Mexico in Red Dead Redemption
I finished Dinosys Park and got into Fontaine Futuristics in BioShock 2
Played through a couple of levels of AVP Human campaign. Got a few achievements also

That about it from my side.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2010, 03:27 AM   #2
Scart
Radeon Northern Islands

Scart can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyScart can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Sure, I'll bite
---
Yesterday:

Finished Rome in Alpha Protocol and enjoyed the stealth infiltration mission immensely. It was almost Thief-like.

Finished the first few chapters of Gears of War PC. Yes, I know it's an ancient game but I have not played it and it runs and looks spectacular on the PC with all maxed out.

Did my usual hour and half of BC2. Did not go as well as I hoped or as it usually does but nothing terribly bad either. Some servers have really weird hit detection issues and some don't. Emptied and entire XM8 clip at point blank range into a wookie (while looking through the ACOG scope, not shooting from the hip)and he turned around and knifed me.

Today:

I plan to start up the free game I got from the GreenManGaming promotion - Farewell to Dragons.
Scart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2010, 03:54 AM   #3
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Subscriber

- Started and finished Mirrors Edge in day. Shot but sweet.
- Updated Forgotten Hope 2. I was then soundly owned all day since I was wildly out of practice.
- DLed MassEffect 2 demo

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i7 4770k @ 4.5Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 9, 2013, 01:21 PM   #4
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Punched MNB4800 in the nuts in SSFIVAE. Aww yeah! Oh wai...
Old Jun 12, 2013, 12:34 PM   #5
JohnEJohn
Diplomatic Impunity

Location: Manches All hail king Dave, ruler of all Manchesville
JohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Last chance for me to play games until the Christmas period and it was a toss up between remember me and dishonored... chose dishonored.

I cannot believe I missed this out the first time around, the game is amazing

Got about 4 hours in today and loving every last second of it, going to savor this one and I am reading every book I find.

Looks great as well with some ini tweaks and a heavy dose of ssaa
JohnEJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2013, 12:41 PM   #6
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnEJohn View Post
Last chance for me to play games until the Christmas period and it was a toss up between remember me and dishonored... chose dishonored.

I cannot believe I missed this out the first time around, the game is amazing

Got about 4 hours in today and loving every last second of it, going to savor this one and I am reading every book I find.

Looks great as well with some ini tweaks and a heavy dose of ssaa
Dishonored is an awesome game. I didn't play any of the DLC, but the core game had me hooked from the intro. I did the same as you - explored everywhere and tried to find every book.

Working my way through Van Helsing now. I love it, but I feel too overpowered at level 23. Normal difficulty is too easy. Oh well, not gonna start over.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2013, 04:40 PM   #7
JohnEJohn
Diplomatic Impunity

Location: Manches All hail king Dave, ruler of all Manchesville
JohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Agreed Munkus, the game is sweet. Played a few more hours today, going to be gutted when finished as it's my game time gone for a few months plus it is so damned good.

As for van helsing, it was a good game for the price, I played it on hard (not insane die once game over hard though) and it was plain sailing up until the last couple of hours where it got very, very hard.
JohnEJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2010, 04:11 AM   #8
dawdler
Radeon Caribbean Islands

dawdler is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssCop View Post
I finished Bad Company 2 SP and uninstalled it (had 3 levels left)
You finish a game without playing all levels? Did you also finish BC2 MP without seeing other players?
dawdler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2010, 04:18 AM   #9
KAC
It might be gays!

I had 3 levels left that I finished and uninstalled the game.
Old Jun 20, 2010, 09:14 AM   #10
exitwound
Radeon R420

exitwound is still being judged by the masses

I just recently built a new AMD system (955BE @3.6GHz, 5770) and so I've been playing some of the games that my 7800GTX Could no longer handle:

-I reinstalled Chronicles of Riddick: Dark Athena and am running through it. I have to admit that both Riddick games are fantastic, some of the best shooters I've ever played.
-Working my way through the single player campaign within Unreal Tournament 3. The GTX just made it too hard. Now, it's fun again!
exitwound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2010, 09:39 AM   #11
pahncrd
Stranger in a Strange LAN

pahncrd is still being judged by the masses

Subscriber

- Playing through Dragon Age to get to the expansion. Still an excellent game.
- Playing through my custom version of Fallout 3. I really want to finish the DLCs this time. I still haven't beaten broken steel.
- Still in the last half of Red Dead Redemption
pahncrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2010, 09:40 AM   #12
pahncrd

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by exitwound View Post
I just recently built a new AMD system (955BE @3.6GHz, 5770) and so I've been playing some of the games that my 7800GTX Could no longer handle:
Gratz on the new rig!
Old Jun 20, 2010, 09:52 AM   #13
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

in single player i'm going through uncharted 2 currently... about half way through it so far. for multiplayer, a certain war themed hat simulator takes up all my gaming time.

Last edited by spindoctor : Jun 20, 2010 at 09:57 AM.
spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2010, 10:37 AM   #14
exitwound
Radeon R420

exitwound is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahncrd View Post
Gratz on the new rig!
I forgot to mention: I bought Modern Warfare 1 and ran through it pretty quickly (Steam reports ~5 hours). Just now getting into multiplayer. Punkbuster + Steam is a pain, but the game performs incredibly.
exitwound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2011, 06:04 AM   #15
jimmyboy
Walk it off!

jimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badges

In the last few days I've gained almost two levels with my Elf Lore-master in LOTR Online. Would have made level 55 but the servers were down all day yesterday.
jimmyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2011, 06:53 AM   #16
KAC
It might be gays!

Punched through 6 hours and 30 minutes of Dead Space 2 during the weekend and am on Chapter 13. Game is fantastic and a must have for any sane gamer.

Didn't touch anything else all weekend
Old Jan 31, 2011, 08:37 AM   #17
Hello 2.0
Radeon R300

Hello 2.0 is still being judged by the masses

Finished Dark Sector
Completed first three missions in Splinter Cell: Conviction
Completed two missions in Joe's Adventure DLC for Mafia II.
Hello 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2011, 02:57 PM   #18
FMT
Radeon Volcanic Islands

FMT can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyFMT can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Playing Dragon Age, done Redcliffe and a couple of the DLC, just started Denerim.
FMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2011, 12:16 PM   #19
sumpwa
Radeon Sea Islands

sumpwa is still being judged by the masses

I have unsubscribed from World of Warcraft.

Need to play the Rift beta while I still can!
sumpwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2011, 02:18 PM   #20
sittal
Radeon Arctic Islands

sittal can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultysittal can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultysittal can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

started me2 yesterday
sittal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2011, 02:57 PM   #21
sumpwa
Radeon Sea Islands

sumpwa is still being judged by the masses

I need to finish my Mass Effect 2 Insanity Vanguard playthrough.
sumpwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2011, 10:25 AM   #22
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwards

I finished Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena.

Overall have mixed feelings about the game. The first half of the game was quite good, but the second half was lackluster. Felt like the two different halves were made by completely different teams and the second one didn't have a clue. Oh well.

Looking to start Stalker: Clear Sky next.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2011, 01:59 PM   #23
GanjaStar
Jalouise

GanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badges

started playing mass effect 2. Can't believe they changed it so much from the original. Its more cinematic and more action oriented. Not sure if I like it better yet, but the story itself is pretty cool, definitely better then the first one. Not necesarilly the story content, but the way its told and plays out.
GanjaStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2011, 02:16 PM   #24
pahncrd

Subscriber

Playing more DA: Awakening. I am pretty happy with it, it is a lot better than I expected. I really enjoy the keep management portions.
Old Mar 7, 2011, 11:52 PM   #25
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

I finally finished Dragon Age : Origins. 70 hours almost. Bring on Dragon Age II!!!!

Edit :: Started Awakenings.

Sittal on BF2142 "wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."

Last edited by Evileh : Mar 8, 2011 at 12:30 AM.
Evileh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2011, 11:07 PM   #26
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Progression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Crushed some skulls in GoWIII for a couple of hours. That game is beyond epic.

Helios: Feel the power of the sun!! *gaily voice*

Kratos: "FEEL THE POWER OF MY BOOT CRUSHING YOUR FACE AND MY HANDS TEARING YOUR HEAD OFF TO USE IT AS A GOD DAMN LANTERN!!!!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
If you must listen to country [music], play it backwards. You get your woman back, the dog comes back to life, Momma pops out from under the train, and it stops raining. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bete View Post
I'd bet it would be fun to do him up the ass.
Progression is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2011, 09:06 AM   #27
wangFu
take him away!

wangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Been trying to get back into games now but got sukered into eq2 and lotro
Havent got drive to play any sp games lately
Old Apr 1, 2011, 10:02 AM   #28
Hello 2.0
Radeon R300

Hello 2.0 is still being judged by the masses

Ending of Chapter 5 in Dead Space 2 is pretty epic. Just started chapter 6.

Had some lesbian sex in DA2 with Isabela and my female mage.
Hello 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2011, 12:34 AM   #29
KAC
It might be gays!

Finished Crysis 2
Punched a few more rounds in Marvel vs. Capcom 3
Old Apr 2, 2011, 04:27 AM   #30
GanjaStar
Jalouise

GanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Playing King's quest 8: MAsk of eternity, with a 3dfx glide wraper in 800x600 GOG version

the game itself is a great action rpg/adventure, once you forget the old graphics and awkward controls. And the freezing bugs that require forum research That's a true PC game; half the fun comes from outside the game
GanjaStar is offline   Reply With Quote