Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Nov 5, 2019, 11:56 PM   #331
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
x-voodoo
Radeon R700

x-voodoo is still being judged by the masses

Kept crashing immediately after seeing the smoke on the startup screen, then the "unexpectedly crashed" message.

Turned out to be Avast (temporarily disabled Avast and was able to launch the game). After that, I put RDR2 on the exclusion.

This game is punishing my GTX 1070! Or maybe my 6700k?? The default settings it chose was high/ultra at 1360x768 resolution. Tried 1920x1080 and can tell it's not 60fps.

Also not too happy about having to actually open the launcher first before starting the game (all my other Rockstar games I can launch from start menu/screen, and it automatically opens the launcher and then starts the game).

Hopefully they can optimize this game since everything else plays like a dream on my PC at 1440p with everything maxed out or close to it (except for AA options since I don't need AA at that resolution).

Last edited by x-voodoo : Nov 6, 2019 at 12:07 AM.
x-voodoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2019, 12:16 AM   #332
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Any gay boning?
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2019, 12:23 AM   #333
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Any gay boning?
Everyone is either, downloading , decrypting, trying to launch the game, trying to get past the splash screen or adjusting the graphics options , so no!
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 6, 2019, 12:44 AM   #334
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

I'm almost finished with the decrypt. Some reports of ctd's due to virus software. Either disable or add an exemption.

edit - add to that a small, 3gb update. Anyone running with hdr enabled?

Last edited by Dungeoncrawler : Nov 6, 2019 at 01:35 AM.
Dungeoncrawler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2019, 01:28 AM   #335
globalist
Radeon Evergreen

globalist can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyglobalist can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Anyone playing with a controller (yes I'm finally playing!) and having the mouse cursor constantly shoved into the center of the screen?
TC Electronic Desktop Konnekt <---> KRK Rokit 5's
globalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2019, 01:43 AM   #336
Spencer
CA Driftwood

Spencer once held a door open for a complete strangerSpencer once held a door open for a complete strangerSpencer once held a door open for a complete stranger

When I got to the first appearance of the Play button I hesitated after reading about crashes so I exited, rebooted and went back in the Rockstar launcher. Hit the Play button and it installed Dx and Vulcan. The Play button appeared again but decided to exit and reboot once more. Then when I hit Play again it played without crashes after finishing the 1st mission. And I was Alt-Tabbing back and forth to look up stuff on the net while in the mission.

And it's not all good, some closer textures about a meter or two away are not up to par. But what the heck at least I have those great vistas to look forward to when I get out of Chapter 1.
Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2019, 02:04 AM   #337
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Can we get some graphic settings that are working for everyone please?
Old Nov 6, 2019, 02:06 AM   #338
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Console King

Can we do a poll? Who bought this EGS or R* launcher?
Old Nov 6, 2019, 02:36 AM   #339
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
Can we do a poll? Who bought this EGS or R* launcher?
launcher. btw been playing for a couple of hours now with no crashes.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 03:46 AM   #340
Megaman
Packing heat!

What's the difference between the 3 editions?
Old Nov 6, 2019, 04:14 AM   #341
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Mine was crashing at launch. Had to verify game files and re-download another 8GB. Works fine now through R*.

Game is great, playing at 4k HDR with mix of med/high/ultra settings. Looks fantastic compared to console.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 05:16 AM   #342
globalist
Radeon Evergreen

globalist can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyglobalist can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Sorted out all the issues so far - including the mouse cursor - and enjoying the game very much. Balanced graphics settings, game runs fine and looks great on my lowly system.
TC Electronic Desktop Konnekt <---> KRK Rokit 5's
globalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2019, 06:08 AM   #343
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Only gays have crashes.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2019, 06:58 AM   #344
x-voodoo
Radeon R700

I found that reducing water quality to medium helped with performance quite a bit. Current benchmark result is 25 min, 55 average. 105 max.

Not sure if I saw a difference in quality. Just doesnt feel right having to step down from even high settings, already at 1080p (most games I can do 1440p or even 4k max settings). Even Far Cry 5 runs 1440p 60fps max settings except for AA.

I guess either I find a good balance and be happy with it, or maybe R* will release patches and/or nvidia further optimizes the drivers (I remember Forza 7 struggling on release, after driver update I run 4K60 ultra settings).

Definitely a GPU dependent game. Hwmonitor showed the 1070 pegged at 100% temp getting up to 82*c at times. My 6700k barely utilized, 50-60% average never peaked to 100%. CPU temps mid-upper 50s

Last edited by x-voodoo : Nov 6, 2019 at 07:07 AM.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 09:42 AM   #345
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

I do want to play this game now since RDR was one of my favorite games of last generation but I think I'm going to wait a bit. Was planning to do some upgrades around Cyberpunk's release in the Spring, so might as well just wait to play this until then. Game will be nice and patched up by then too.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2019, 10:11 AM   #346
xCLAVEx
Will not conform

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
I do want to play this game now since RDR was one of my favorite games of last generation but I think I'm going to wait a bit. Was planning to do some upgrades around Cyberpunk's release in the Spring, so might as well just wait to play this until then. Game will be nice and patched up by then too.
Yeah, after reading about issues and performance problems I too am glad I didn't buy it right out of the gate. I think I'll wait awhile before I plunk the cash down for it. In it's current state with me encountering possible (likely?) headaches, it's not worth it.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2019, 10:29 AM   #347
Thr0tt
Radeon Arctic Islands

Thr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Works great, i'm playing using Ps4 Remote Play with controller, oh hold on thats my PS4. No not bought yet.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 11:19 AM   #348
BababooeyHTJ
Radeon Arctic Islands

BababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-voodoo View Post
I found that reducing water quality to medium helped with performance quite a bit. Current benchmark result is 25 min, 55 average. 105 max.

Not sure if I saw a difference in quality. Just doesnt feel right having to step down from even high settings, already at 1080p (most games I can do 1440p or even 4k max settings). Even Far Cry 5 runs 1440p 60fps max settings except for AA.

I guess either I find a good balance and be happy with it, or maybe R* will release patches and/or nvidia further optimizes the drivers (I remember Forza 7 struggling on release, after driver update I run 4K60 ultra settings).

Definitely a GPU dependent game. Hwmonitor showed the 1070 pegged at 100% temp getting up to 82*c at times. My 6700k barely utilized, 50-60% average never peaked to 100%. CPU temps mid-upper 50s
If the PS4 pro can do 4k checkerboard and keep 30 fps most of the time I really don't see why your far more powerful PC can't do 1080p 60 fps locked with similar settings.

I would love to play through the game again but if Pascal is struggling so much I might as well just play it on the pro.
BababooeyHTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2019, 11:21 AM   #349
BababooeyHTJ
Radeon Arctic Islands

BababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
Mine was crashing at launch. Had to verify game files and re-download another 8GB. Works fine now through R*.

Game is great, playing at 4k HDR with mix of med/high/ultra settings. Looks fantastic compared to console.
How is the HDR implementation working these days? Looked like hell on the PS4 at release.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 11:25 AM   #350
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evileh View Post
Wish someone would gift it to meh
Do you beg in every game thread?
Old Nov 6, 2019, 11:27 AM   #351
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
Do you beg in every game thread?
Ya, he's slutty like that.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2019, 12:02 PM   #352
x-voodoo
Radeon R700

Quote:
Originally Posted by BababooeyHTJ View Post
If the PS4 pro can do 4k checkerboard and keep 30 fps most of the time I really don't see why your far more powerful PC can't do 1080p 60 fps locked with similar settings.

I would love to play through the game again but if Pascal is struggling so much I might as well just play it on the pro.
I dont know why either. It's just this game that's struggling this bad as I said earlier pretty much anything else does 1440p 60fps.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 12:05 PM   #353
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Are the controls more responsive in the pc version or is it the same as in the console version?
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2019, 01:40 PM   #354
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
Are the controls more responsive in the pc version or is it the same as in the console version?
Keyboard and mouse is infinitely better in this version compared to gamepad.

Hunting tutorial took me ages last time on PS4, but this I one shotted both dears from about 100km away with a bow .

ok exaggeration, but was SOOO much easier.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 02:29 PM   #355
azalea
Radeon R420

azalea once held a door open for a complete strangerazalea once held a door open for a complete strangerazalea once held a door open for a complete strangerazalea once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:

Hunting tutorial took me ages last time on PS4, but this I one shotted both dears from about 100km away with a bow .

Mine took a year to decrypt but I'm at the Play button with trepidation. My PS4 hunting experience was so bad I even shot mySELF (behind the monitor) with the arrow, let alone the deer.

Edit: Oh here's a source of confidence.

Edit2: Never mind trying to play the bloody thing, I benchmarked instead. Forget the exact figures but my minimum was something like 0.12FPS Maximum 144, avg 65. all Ultra, 1440P.

Last edited by azalea : Nov 6, 2019 at 02:47 PM.
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2019, 02:59 PM   #356
Fleksta
Radeon R700

Fleksta is still being judged by the masses

Don't know how I missed that the extra solo content was for preorders only. I have it on PS4 and intended to double dip but no way am I paying $80 to get it.

Apparently there is no way to upgrade the PS4 version to get the content either; even there they want you to buy a whole new "ultimate" edition. Rockstar be greedy

Guess this is firmly in "wait for a sale" territory now.
Fleksta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2019, 03:20 PM   #357
Android1
Radeon Polaris 20 XL

Android1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Yeah, waiting is always a safe bet. You will get a better price too.
Android1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2019, 03:33 PM   #358
DeathKnight
Radeon Arctic Islands

DeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Subscriber

Quote:

I tried KB/M but wanted to rebind keys (which can only be done through the ingame pause menu btw...). There's a metric ****-ton of binds though, it's ridiculous. It refuses to save if you have any left blank too. I had quite a few after changing things. Royal PITA, so I ultimately gave up and went back to the 360 controller.
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | Fractal Design Celsius S24 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite | 2 x 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4-3200 (14-14-14-34) B-Die | MSI 3080 VENTUS 3X OC 10G | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | WD Black SN750 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Samusng 850 Evo 500GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | WD 640GB Black | Asus BW-12B1ST 12X Blu-ray Burner | Fractal Design Define R5 case | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 PSU | Win 10 Pro | 1920x1080 w/ 48" LCD TV
HT: Vizio E48-C2 48" LED Backlit LCD TV | Onkyo TX-SR605 A/V receiver | JBL EC35 center | 2 JBL E30's (fronts, bi-amped) | 2 JBL N24II's (rears) | Homemade Sonosub w/Dayton 12" driver (extension to 14Hz), BASH 300w amp | Panasonic DMP-BD35 Blu-ray player | Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD player | Xbox One S
Camera Gear: Nikon D7000 DSLR | Nikon 16-85mm F3.5-5.6 VR | Nikon 50mm F1.8 G | Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro | Slik Pro 700DX tripod legs with Cullmann Magnesit 35Nm ballhead
DeathKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2019, 03:39 PM   #359
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

I always wonder in shooters like this that were originally designed to be played with a controller if the game difficulty becomes unbalanced once ported to PC. Or I guess you can argue the game is just better with the more accurate and easier controls of keyboard and mouse. But I hate to lose any of the challenge they balanced the game for in development.

It kind of makes more sense having the natural challenge of balancing your analog stick to line up a shot, compared to just pointing and clicking with a mouse. Of course this only applies to 3rd person, not first person shooters where IMO it always makes more sense to control with keyboard and mouse.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2019, 04:46 PM   #360
BababooeyHTJ
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
I always wonder in shooters like this that were originally designed to be played with a controller if the game difficulty becomes unbalanced once ported to PC. Or I guess you can argue the game is just better with the more accurate and easier controls of keyboard and mouse. But I hate to lose any of the challenge they balanced the game for in development.

It kind of makes more sense having the natural challenge of balancing your analog stick to line up a shot, compared to just pointing and clicking with a mouse. Of course this only applies to 3rd person, not first person shooters where IMO it always makes more sense to control with keyboard and mouse.
The lock on auto aim is pretty absurd on console. It really can't get worse tbh.