Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Oct 21, 2021, 03:35 PM   #39691
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
600 Euros for a 1050? ROFL

I'll sell you a 1070 SC for 500 Euro.
how about -500 rep for that?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape" *Sir Terry Pratchett*

Silent-Runner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2021, 03:36 PM   #39692
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evileh View Post
Gt 710 you know what you need to do...
i mean, hey, that would be 44€

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape" *Sir Terry Pratchett*

Silent-Runner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2021, 07:10 PM   #39693
Shadowless
Deez Nuts

Shadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badges

The UpHere bracket I got doesn't work with my GPU, so I'm gonna try this one.

Desktop - MSI MPG Gungnir 111M | MSI MAG Z590 Tomahawk Wifi | Intel Core i7 11700K | Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 | 1TB Intel 670p | 2TB Samsung 860 EVO | PNY GeForce RTX 3070 XLR8 Gaming REVEL | SeaSonic Focus GX-750 | Acer ET322QU | Windows 10 Pro
Shadowless is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 21, 2021, 08:55 PM   #39694
eNforcer
Radeon Southern Islands

eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowless View Post
The UpHere bracket I got doesn't work with my GPU, so I'm gonna try this one.

[IMG]https://c1.neweggimages.com/ProductImageCompressAll1280/AY3SS210829KSIbc.jpg[IMG]
I was considering one of those as well. Which UpHere bracket did you get that didn't work?

I got this one by UpHere and it works good, at least on my 5700XT.

eNforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2021, 09:07 PM   #39695
Shadowless
Deez Nuts

Shadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by eNforcer View Post
I was considering one of those as well. Which UpHere bracket did you get that didn't work?

I got this one by UpHere and it works good, at least on my 5700XT.

this one

https://www.amazon.com/upHere-Graphi...xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

My fan shroud is too small so there's nothing for it to sit on beside fan blade.
Desktop - MSI MPG Gungnir 111M | MSI MAG Z590 Tomahawk Wifi | Intel Core i7 11700K | Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 | 1TB Intel 670p | 2TB Samsung 860 EVO | PNY GeForce RTX 3070 XLR8 Gaming REVEL | SeaSonic Focus GX-750 | Acer ET322QU | Windows 10 Pro
Old Oct 22, 2021, 09:39 AM   #39696
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-Runner View Post
how about -500 rep for that?

yoz
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2021, 12:13 PM   #39697
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Bought MSFS 2020.

Still shopping for (in stock) controls to use with it.
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2021, 11:41 PM   #39698
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Clockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird sings

Clockwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2021, 10:05 AM   #39699
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
Little do we know he has a one room studio apartment lmmmmmmfao

Sittal on BF2142 "wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."

Logical "u dont have to lie to us that u got fired again we dont judge here that your 🌯 weren't up to snuff."
Evileh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2021, 11:29 AM   #39700
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Clockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evileh View Post
Little do we know he has a one room studio apartment lmmmmmmfao
Hahah, no. About 2300 square ft split between 2 levels. Not huge, but not small.

And actually with both myself and my gf permanently working from home it was time for a change. My prior router (TP Link Archer AC5400) actually had good range, but our work IT policy forces us to have our work PC's hardwired.

I got this as we can just wire into the satellites (previously I had about 100ft of cable going to her office), but I also have the benefit of better speeds. That is important because our neighborhood is getting fiber in the spring.

Last edited by Clockwork : Oct 23, 2021 at 11:46 AM.
Old Oct 23, 2021, 04:34 PM   #39701
kytprice
Autism Awareness

kytprice can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkytprice can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkytprice can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkytprice can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkytprice can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkytprice can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkytprice can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkytprice can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkytprice can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkytprice can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkytprice can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

New watch Aquinus HYDRAUTICA
kytprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2021, 09:18 AM   #39702
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

VERY nice!

yoz
Old Oct 24, 2021, 11:01 AM   #39703
necropimp
WRAAAA!!!!!

necropimp knows why the caged bird singsnecropimp knows why the caged bird singsnecropimp knows why the caged bird singsnecropimp knows why the caged bird singsnecropimp knows why the caged bird sings

it was 50 cents and still had film in it...

though it's now a neverflash since after putting batteries in to test it the capacitor went pop
Old Oct 24, 2021, 11:04 AM   #39704
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwards

No telling what pictures were taken with that thing. Are you gonna roll the dice and get the film developed?
Crawdaddy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2021, 11:11 AM   #39705
necropimp
WRAAAA!!!!!

necropimp knows why the caged bird singsnecropimp knows why the caged bird singsnecropimp knows why the caged bird singsnecropimp knows why the caged bird singsnecropimp knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdaddy79 View Post
No telling what pictures were taken with that thing. Are you gonna roll the dice and get the film developed?
well the exposure count was on 2 when i bought it and the shutter fired on 2 so i'm rolling the dice on one photo being a dick pic

so i get 22 shots on who knows how long expired 110 film
Old Oct 24, 2021, 01:21 PM   #39706
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by necropimp View Post
well the exposure count was on 2 when i bought it and the shutter fired on 2 so i'm rolling the dice on one photo being a dick pic

so i get 22 shots on who knows how long expired 110 film
Are there places that still develop film?

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2021, 01:55 PM   #39707
necropimp
WRAAAA!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Are there places that still develop film?
sadly none local (other than walgreens/cvs/etc which just send it off but you don't get the negatives) so i either need to send it off or take a 2+ hour road trip

or get the stuff and develop it myself which i may eventually do for 35mm but since i likely won't shoot any more 110 having a separate developing reel for it wouldn't make sense
Old Oct 24, 2021, 02:04 PM   #39708
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
sadly none local (other than walgreens/cvs/etc which just send it off but you don't get the negatives) so i either need to send it off or take a 2+ hour road trip

or get the stuff and develop it myself which i may eventually do for 35mm but since i likely won't shoot any more 110 having a separate developing reel for it wouldn't make sense
remember the 1 hr or less developing machines in malls ?
that died fast
bill dennison is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2021, 03:29 PM   #39709
JZL
Starship Trooper

JZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
Bought MSFS 2020.

Still shopping for (in stock) controls to use with it.
CH Products?

Maybe pricey but built to last (or at least they were 15 years ago )
Old Oct 24, 2021, 05:12 PM   #39710
necropimp
WRAAAA!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
remember the 1 hr or less developing machines in malls ?
that died fast
oh yeah those machines were the first victim of digital... maintenance costs were too high for the falling profits once digital cameras reached that point where a cheaper camera was plenty adequate for casual vacation photos and snapshots
Old Oct 24, 2021, 07:25 PM   #39711
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
oh yeah those machines were the first victim of digital... maintenance costs were too high for the falling profits once digital cameras reached that point where a cheaper camera was plenty adequate for casual vacation photos and snapshots
they had on by the food court at PV Mall by me

was fun to eat and watch it work
bill dennison is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2021, 07:46 PM   #39712
Cyko
Your New Lord

Cyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Metroid Dread
Skyward Sword HD

Alpha
| Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |

Cyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2021, 07:48 PM   #39713
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZL View Post
CH Products?

Maybe pricey but built to last (or at least they were 15 years ago )
I’ll check them out, thanks!
Old Oct 25, 2021, 04:17 PM   #39714
Shadowless
Deez Nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
but our work IT policy forces us to have our work PC's hardwired.
Seriously?? Is this their "solution" to handling users who complain about connection issues?
Old Oct 25, 2021, 05:11 PM   #39715
Greasy
ODI

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Upgraded the youngest kiddos phone to an iphone 13 after I upgraded to the max plan on t-mobile. Will upgrade the other three soon. Not sure if I want the pro or just the standard 13.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2021, 07:41 PM   #39716
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowless View Post
Seriously?? Is this their "solution" to handling users who complain about connection issues?
They do it under the guise of security. Anyway, we wire in via an Aruba RAP. However, nobody said we can't then connect that to a wireless device like one of the Orbi satellites, so here we are.

LOL
Old Oct 26, 2021, 01:01 PM   #39717
Lazy8s
One day at a time

I ordered my yoke, throttle quadrant and pedals. I chose the Saitek kit from mypilotstore .com for $329.

https://www.mypilotstore.com/mypilotstore/sep/13358

JZL - the CH gear does have great reviews, seems well built, but it’s a little above what I wanted to spend. Thanks anyway
Old Oct 26, 2021, 01:24 PM   #39718
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
I ordered my yoke, throttle quadrant and pedals. I chose the Saitek kit from mypilotstore .com for $329.

JZL - the CH gear does have great reviews, seems well built, but it’s a little above what I wanted to spend. Thanks anyway
Solid!

yoz
Old Oct 26, 2021, 07:33 PM   #39719
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Pixel 6 Pro.

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Lose = Be careful not to lose that.
Loose = The bolts are loose.
There = She is there now.
Their = They have their things.
They're = They're going to the mall.
To = They came to the house.
Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Your = Your dinner is ready.
You're = If you're 150lbs you'd better have a 6 pack.
ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2021, 07:59 PM   #39720
JZL
Starship Trooper

JZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwards

Quote:

Nice.

You could have gotten the gameport CH yoke for $40!