Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » AMD Radeon Discussion and Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

AMD Radeon Discussion and Support General discussion, tweaking, overclocking and technical support questions about discrete Radeon graphics products.

Old Dec 4, 2003, 04:22 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Hotrod PC
Radeon R520

Hotrod PC is still being judged by the masses

Default How do you have your contrast and brightness settings?

With your CRT monitor - how do you like your contrast and brightness settings?

I always have the contrast maxed out for the most vivid color, and I have the brightness on zero to give me totally black backgrounds.
Contrast --- 100%
Brightness - 0%
I think this is the best combo since the richness of the colors on screen cannot be beat. Just wondering if this will be bad for my monitor in the long run? I have noticed some horzontal lines coming off the icons on my pitch black desktop, maybe they have always been there and im just seeing them now?

So how do you have your settings and what do you think is the best?

Last edited by Hotrod PC : Dec 4, 2003 at 03:57 PM.
Hotrod PC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2003, 07:08 AM   #2
cobrax3
Radeon R700

cobrax3 is still being judged by the masses

contrast 50-60%, brightness the same... umm and about your config... you dont really lige intermediate steps of colour, do you? its either black, or white for you never heared of someone using that setup lol
cobrax3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2003, 07:27 AM   #3
GT578
Radeon R200

GT578 is still being judged by the masses

Contrast 95, brightness at 45.....both out of 100 max. This is on a Samsung 900NF.
GT578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 4, 2003, 08:04 AM   #4
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Contrast 50, Brightness 0, yes 0. Its a new monitor and this setting is dark I admit but much less taxing on the eyes for nightime viewing.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2003, 01:04 PM   #5
Blue nose54
Radeon R420

Blue nose54 is still being judged by the masses

I tend to find a high contrast 90-100% and brightness around 40-50% works best for me.
Corsair LLT (2x512 3200)
Sapphire 9800 pro 256
160gb Seagate SATA 7200/8
Audigy 2
Blue nose54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2003, 05:08 PM   #6
jamesclarke555
Banned

jamesclarke555 is still being judged by the masses

On my old CRT I had just that, 100% contrast and 0% brightness. But with my new LCD I have both turned up full!
jamesclarke555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2003, 06:12 PM   #7
jjyiz28
Radeon 9700 Pro

jjyiz28 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyjjyiz28 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

http://w4zt.com/screen/

contrast: 40
brightness: 63
gamma: 1.3

sony g420.

i also had very high contrast, low brightness. this was good on my eyes, but annoying for games since it was too dark, and i woul dhave to up brightness on the software settings in the game.

but with these settings, it easy on the eyes, and games, i dont have to adjust brightness contrast setting.

remember, gamma is importannt to, up it a little makes a huge different. gamma is in windows settings display settings.
jjyiz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2003, 06:52 PM   #8
Rayder
Radeon Northern Islands

Rayder is still being judged by the masses

Brightness and contrast at 75.

Really though, these settings will vary from monitor to monitor, so it's not really a valid question. Know what I mean? What works on one monitor will be totally different on another. Then, of course, there is the matter of personal taste, which will also vary. Telling someone what my settings are will not give you any clue as to what my monitor looks like compared to anyone elses.

I set mine according to some monitor calibration thingy I found on the net somewhere and then brightened it a little as I found that what THEY called optimal was a tad too dark.
Rayder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2003, 07:44 PM   #9
mbeeston
Azure Tenebrae

mbeeston once held a door open for a complete strangermbeeston once held a door open for a complete strangermbeeston once held a door open for a complete strangermbeeston once held a door open for a complete stranger

whatever the hell defualt is
"Intelligence has nothing to do with politics." - ambassador muwlari
" when somethings weird and it don't look good, who do you think it is? GHOST NAPPA"
mbeeston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2003, 07:54 PM   #10
Scott
I like my backyard

Scott is still being judged by the masses

contrast is 100%, brightness depends on day/night: 50%/20%

I got a pair of tweezers, a can of air, and some bacardi :\

-
sittal
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote