Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Hardware
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Hardware Talk about PCs/Macs, motherboards, CPUs, sound cards, RAM, hard drives, networking and everything else about computer hardware!

Old Aug 8, 2007, 07:07 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
hobs0n
Radeon Arctic Islands

hobs0n is still being judged by the masses

Default I need a wireless mouse/keyboard with good range!

When controll my server from the living room I use a Logitech EX110 mouse/keyboard combo but the problem its too far from where I sit in the sofa, Im about 2.5-40 meters away which is too far, the EX110 is stable up to 2m. I have to bend over and sit badly to get stable use of the keyboard/mouse.

Since Im running various Emulators on the server and play various games from the server in the living room I wonder if there are any wireless gamepads that also can work with 2.5-4m range?

So my question is, anyone know of any wireless gamepads, mice and keyboard that woork good at 2.5-4meters range?
hobs0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2007, 08:06 AM   #2
Android1
Radeon Polaris 20 XL

Android1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird sings

For a wireless mouse, I would recommend the Logitech G7 in black.
Android1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2007, 08:07 AM   #3
caveman-jim
Deposed King of Rage3D

caveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badges

For range, look to a bluetooth solution; rf wireless is short range.
caveman-jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 8, 2007, 08:27 AM   #4
hobs0n
Radeon Arctic Islands

Hm ok, so no regular rf wireless thing is good at my 2.5 - 4m range? Ill check bluethooth packages then
Old Aug 8, 2007, 08:36 AM   #5
hobs0n
Radeon Arctic Islands

Seems to be very few bluetooth devices, found a Logitech one for resonable price, didnt find any Bluetooth keyboard at all tho! IIRC Bluetooth isnt precise enough to use for a gamepad, am I correct?
Old Aug 8, 2007, 08:43 AM   #6
vitocorleone
Radeon Arctic Islands

vitocorleone is still being judged by the masses

Bluetooth is your best bet. Logitech or MSFT. Casual gaming should be fine with a wireless set up. I was all set to get a Wireless Entertainment 7k from MSFT but opted instead for a wired set up (didn't need wireless because of distance).
Old Aug 8, 2007, 08:45 AM   #7
hobs0n
Radeon Arctic Islands

Just found out that Logitech Cordless RumblePad II Gamepad and Logitech Cordless Desktop MX5000 Laser seems to fit my bill

Since Logitech Cordless Desktop MX5000 Laser is Bluetooth, how does Bluetooth work in Vista these days? I tried a Bluetooth adapter in XP a few years ago and I never got it working, Vista works better with Bluetooth?

EDIT: since Im using a 10M long USB cable from the server to a USB host in the living room, are there USB - Bluetooth devices so I I can connect the Bluetooth device in a smooth way right to the USB host?

Last edited by hobs0n : Aug 8, 2007 at 08:47 AM.
Old Aug 8, 2007, 08:55 AM   #8
caveman-jim
Deposed King of Rage3D

caveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badges

most bluetooth receivers I've seen are usb.

caveman-jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2007, 11:30 AM   #9
hobs0n
Radeon Arctic Islands

Ok

Only thing I need to know what Bluetooth adapter works good with Vista then

And damn it will be expensive with 2 wireless gamepads and mouse/keyboard witrh good range!