Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Archived Discussions » Radeon Technical Support
Rage3D Subscribe FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Radeon Technical Support Radeon technical support forum for all Radeon products from the classic Radeon to the latest cutting edge family of graphics cards.

Old Sep 4, 2007, 09:56 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
slaman
Radeon HD 4850 User

slaman is still being judged by the masses

Default How to test the video card for hardware issues?

I have a Radeon 1900XTX and I want to test it to find out if I have a driver/software issue, or some aspect of the card isn't working correctly.

Issues:
- Display corruption in most games after a certain time of playing - see http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33891873 for more screenshots
- Bioshock corrupts after about 20-30 seconds of play, then hangs the system

Other information:
- Issues happen when I overclock the CPU or not
- Temperatures for CPU, System, and GPU are all within range - all cooled with third-party coolers

I've heard that the RAM on my video card could be causing these issues... but 3dMark06 runs fine with no problems. I've also tested my CPU with Orthos and MemTest... both work fine.

Any ideas of how I can test the RAM on the video card or try to find out what's causing the problems?
Old Sep 15, 2007, 01:15 PM   #2
slaman
Radeon HD 4850 User

slaman is still being judged by the masses

I got an RMA and everything works fine...

Looks like it was messed up RAM.

For those who care and read this thread