Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old Jul 20, 2005, 03:01 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
_leech_
Banned

_leech_ is still being judged by the masses

Default Resident Evil 5 coming to the PS3 and X360

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3142140&did=1

Some of you may have heard by now -- word has gotten out that Resident Evil 5 is under development only half a year after Resident Evil 4 rocked store shelves. What's perhaps a bigger deal is the platforms that this game is being developed for -- the Xbox 360 and the PlayStation 3. An interview with producer Jun Takeuchi in the latest issue of Famitsu magazine reveals much about the game's workings, with details from the game system to some hints about what the story for Resident Evil 5 will be about.

You're going to have to look for screenshots yourselves until some are officially released. Exciting for fans of the series, i guess.
_leech_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2005, 04:27 AM   #2
Ywap
Radeon R600

Ywap is still being judged by the masses

Thanks Hyrax

Last edited by Ywap : Jul 20, 2005 at 01:02 PM.
Ywap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2005, 04:44 AM   #3
Maze
Bazinga!

Maze is still being judged by the masses

One of the first big games to not appear on the new nintendo console. yeah!
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 20, 2005, 09:07 AM   #4
KMax
I'm Just a Typical

KMax is still being judged by the masses

RE4 sold ridiculously well on the GC, it doesn't really make any sense not to release it on the Revolution. I think they're just still bitter about the arrangement they made this generation.

::Heatware:: 69-0-0 // ::Wii Friend Code:: 1304 0169 4539 7606 // ::PS3 & Xbox 360 Tag:: Rezeph
KMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2005, 09:40 AM   #5
Miikkrusoff
Rage3D Veteran

Miikkrusoff is still being judged by the masses

I hope they'll release this for the Revolution. If not, it probably won't be a big deal for me anyway. I'm most likely going to buy a PS3.
Miikkrusoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2005, 09:53 AM   #6
Night Fisher
ERGO PROXY

Night Fisher is still being judged by the masses

Oh well, life goes on. At least the game is coming out which is probably the
more important thing for its fans. I mean, prior to the Nintendo's efforts to
bring the Resident Evil franchise to the cube years ago, I'm sure many fans
were wondering if their beloved franchise was to ever return.

I'd sure love another Ultima (non-online), another "Shadow Of The Beast",
another "Archon", another "Jumpman", etc... but, sadly, that won't happen.
Sigh... I miss my youth.

Anyhow, this is great news for the fans of the series, and it'll be pretty kick
ass too since it'll probably make great use of the next gen systems.

Nf.
Old Jul 20, 2005, 10:22 AM   #7
KMax
I'm Just a Typical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Fisher
Oh well, life goes on. At least the game is coming out which is probably the
more important thing for its fans. I mean, prior to the Nintendo's efforts to
bring the Resident Evil franchise to the cube years ago, I'm sure many fans
were wondering if their beloved franchise was to ever return.

I'd sure love another Ultima (non-online), another "Shadow Of The Beast",
another "Archon", another "Jumpman", etc... but, sadly, that won't happen.
Sigh... I miss my youth.

Anyhow, this is great news for the fans of the series, and it'll be pretty kick
ass too since it'll probably make great use of the next gen systems.

Nf.
Yea, I'm not disappointed that it's not coming to the Revolution. In fact, I buy Nintendo consoles for just that... Nintendo. I'll be getting the Nintendo plus one other, either the PS3 or the Xbox360. It's all going to depend on the games, and the controller. I just can't stand the PS2 controller, so right now it's in favor of the 360. But who knows what will happen between now, and launch time.

::Heatware:: 69-0-0 // ::Wii Friend Code:: 1304 0169 4539 7606 // ::PS3 & Xbox 360 Tag:: Rezeph
Old Jul 20, 2005, 11:18 AM   #8
Hyrax
Rage3D Spammer

Hyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

They dont say it's not coming for Revolution. They just say it's in development for 360 and ps3. I am sure once revoltuion is more developed, more games, we will see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperNovae View Post
Origin says if you are benchmarking or something to just call and they will help you out. God the horror, those poor souls. This is the type of orwellian nightmare Alex Jones told me about.
Hyrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2005, 03:59 PM   #9
ragewars_sc
Radeon Southern Islands

ragewars_sc is still being judged by the masses

Maybe revolution will have a RE 4.5 ) That will feature some difrent gameplay :P
Old Jul 20, 2005, 04:07 PM   #10
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

I'd prefer it on the xbox 360 now then the Revolution, that way it will be hidef and 4xaa and look better while being a awesome game. RE4 needed hidef and aa badly, damn jaggies I HATES EM!!!!!
Old Jul 20, 2005, 04:34 PM   #11
AgentOtaku
Also Sprach Zarathustra

AgentOtaku is still being judged by the masses

Hopefully they apply the rule of "If it ain't broke...."

RE4 for all accounts was a PERFECT game and they should only make slight alterations and tweak the gameplay model (though obviously not the same thing like the old sequels used to fall prey to)

I.E. strafe, quick weapon switch, etc. Though, once you got used to it, the strafing (or lack there of) didn't get to me, and actually help the game in terms of design aesthetic.

And hopefully we can see the full return of Wesker
P4 3.0GHZ HT/Windows XP; BFG 6800GT OC 256mb; 2gb Kingston/Corsair PC3200 DDR 400; Sound Blaster Audigy2; Samsung 80gig 7200rpm HDD =x2; Samsung 52x CDR/CDRW ; NEC DVD DL Burner; Abit IS7 - E Mobo; 172x Samsung LCD; Thermaltake Tsunami Dream case; Logitech MX510; Zippy Ultra-thin Eluminated Keyboard

"I never minded piracy. Anyone who minds about piracy is full of ****. Anyone who pirates your game wasn’t going to buy it anyway!" - Warren Spector
AgentOtaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2005, 05:12 PM   #12
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentOtaku
Hopefully they apply the rule of "If it ain't broke...."

RE4 for all accounts was a PERFECT game and they should only make slight alterations and tweak the gameplay model (though obviously not the same thing like the old sequels used to fall prey to)

I.E. strafe, quick weapon switch, etc. Though, once you got used to it, the strafing (or lack there of) didn't get to me, and actually help the game in terms of design aesthetic.

And hopefully we can see the full return of Wesker
ummm... not to be party pooper and don't read onwards if you never completed Resident Evil 1... but Wesker got pwned by the Tyrant at the end of the first game... so i somehow doubt you will be seeing him anytime soon in a Resident Evil 5 .

Correct me if i'm wrong but as far as i know he was long dead when it stabbed him.
Old Jul 20, 2005, 05:19 PM   #13
Fox5
Radeon Northern Islands

Fox5 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMax
Yea, I'm not disappointed that it's not coming to the Revolution. In fact, I buy Nintendo consoles for just that... Nintendo. I'll be getting the Nintendo plus one other, either the PS3 or the Xbox360. It's all going to depend on the games, and the controller. I just can't stand the PS2 controller, so right now it's in favor of the 360. But who knows what will happen between now, and launch time.
Really? Personally I don't mind having Nintendo consoles being attractive beyond just Nintendo. If N64 had been just Nintendo, it would have been half as attractive to me as it was.....in fact, it would have been a lot like GameCube...

Quote:
ummm... not to be party pooper and don't read onwards if you never completed Resident Evil 1... but Wesker got pwned by the Tyrant at the end of the first game... so i somehow doubt you will be seeing him anytime soon in a Resident Evil 5 .

Correct me if i'm wrong but as far as i know he was long dead when it stabbed him.
You're wrong, they later changed the story. He comes back in Code Veronica, and apparently he had injected himself with a super serum before being attacked, which unlike the T-virus or any of the others had no bad side effects other than glowing red eyes, basically tyrant like strength while still remaining mostly a human. Anyhow, he just let the tyrant pretend to kill him so Umbrella would think he was dead and he could escape with the super virus and sell it to another company.

They also sort of fixed the ending in the remake of Resident Evil for gamecube. Depending on your path through the game or perhaps on your character, Wesker can either be stabbed or simply backhanded. If he's stabbed then he's dead and he remains dead. If he's backhanded, he appears dead, but if you leave the room and come back, his body has disappeared.

I believe he also makes an appearance in Resident Evil 4, but I haven't played that far yet.
Fox5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2005, 05:21 PM   #14
AgentOtaku
Also Sprach Zarathustra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Baron

No my friend

He is indeed alive, didn't you play RE4???

Basically, he lived from that and made an appearances in Resident Evil: Code Veronica X and RE4

****POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT****

He basically now works for a secret organization that, at one time, was a rival of Umbrella. Now his intentions are unknown but he was puppeteer with many of the events in RE4. Check out www.gamefaqs.com for details on where the series has been and ideas on where its headed

****END SPOILER****
P4 3.0GHZ HT/Windows XP; BFG 6800GT OC 256mb; 2gb Kingston/Corsair PC3200 DDR 400; Sound Blaster Audigy2; Samsung 80gig 7200rpm HDD =x2; Samsung 52x CDR/CDRW ; NEC DVD DL Burner; Abit IS7 - E Mobo; 172x Samsung LCD; Thermaltake Tsunami Dream case; Logitech MX510; Zippy Ultra-thin Eluminated Keyboard

"I never minded piracy. Anyone who minds about piracy is full of ****. Anyone who pirates your game wasn’t going to buy it anyway!" - Warren Spector
Old Jul 20, 2005, 05:49 PM   #15
Heymanyo
Banned

Heymanyo is still being judged by the masses

It may (and probably will) be coming to the Rev in the future, just after it is released on the 360 and ps3. Similar to what happened with RE4 on the GC and PS2
Heymanyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2005, 09:48 AM   #16
KMax
I'm Just a Typical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox5
Really? Personally I don't mind having Nintendo consoles being attractive beyond just Nintendo. If N64 had been just Nintendo, it would have been half as attractive to me as it was.....in fact, it would have been a lot like GameCube...
Well, that's cool. I think the only non-Nintendo games that I've bought this generation have been Soul Caliber II, Tales of Symphonia, Baten Kaitos, and Beyond Good and Evil. Granted I loved all these games, but if they weren't on the GC I would've gladly bought them on the Xbox or PS2. Ideally I would love a lot of support for the Revolution, but I like them to be exclusives that are really tweaked and worked on a lot. I find that most of the multiplatform games got shafted on the GC. Not to mention I always found them cheaper on the PS2.

Anyways, back to my main point. I buy Nintendo consoles for their games, and then everything else is icing on the cake.

Old Aug 2, 2005, 01:30 PM   #17
JadeDragon
The World...

JadeDragon is still being judged by the masses

IGN Resident Evil 5 Update

Quote:
August 1, 2005 - An update on Resident Evil 5 has just come our way from the latest issue of one of our favorite Japanese magazines, Famitsu Xbox (soon to be Famitsu Xbox 360). The September issue of the magazine features a four page look at Resident Evil 5, and while the screenshots are old, the interview with producer Jun Takeuchi is new.

In the interview, Takeuchi reveals some juicy details on the visual side of the game. You may have noticed the particularly impressive shot of the main character aiming his gun at the screen. The character uses a whole lot of polygons, with modeling going down to the detail of each blade of hair that makes up his stubble.

The game's powerful visual engine will contribute to facial expressions. The game engine, in its current form, gives the developers the ability to set values for muscles throughout character faces, allowing for fine tuned facial expressions. Takeuchi notes that he's unsure if this will make it into the final game or not.

Capcom is working to make the game run at a smooth sixty frames per second, twice the frame rate of the GameCube Resident Evil 4. In making this move, Takeuchi's team felt that they would be able to express things that couldn't be expressed with thirty frames per second. He points to the increased framerate as evidence that the game will indeed have a strong action component.

Outside of visuals, we can expect real physics from the game. Takeuchi is hoping to make the world reactive to your actions, allowing you to break things by shooting them and topple things by kicking them.

For the complex visuals and physics that will go into the game, Famitsu Xbox asks Takeuchi if it's possible that the game will use middleware, such as the Unreal 3 engine. Takeuchi responds that his team is currently investigating such solutions. Takeuchi feels that, while many Japanese developers have spent time creating their own engines until now, this requires too much money and time.

This was touched upon in our original story on the game, but one area the development team is hoping to focus on with Resident Evil 5 is giving players a sense of the surrounding atmosphere through visuals. Heat and cold are key words for Resident Evil 5, Takeuchi reveals, with the game's visual engine being able to clearly express changes in temperatures. This focus on heat and cold came about as the development team considered things they wanted to do using high defintion output. Takeuchi feels that his team has been able to create a sense of atmosphere that was previously impossible through standard definition.

Finally, Takeuchi confirms that the game will follow along the lines of Resident Evil 4's gameplay system. This doesn't seem to indicate that the game will play exactly like Resident Evil 4, but that it will play closer to Resident Evil 4 than the original PlayStation games.

The Resident Evil 5 team is currently considering sharing the previous PlayStation Meeting and Xbox Summit Resident Evil 5 trailer with the public at the September Tokyo Game Show. We hope to hear more on the game then.
3) Video Card: VisionTek 4870 X2
4) Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster X-FI Sound Card Xtreme Music
5) Ram: 16GB of Kingston Reg-ECC Memory
6) SATA RAID HDD Setup (OS/Apps): 2 x 250GB Seagate Barracuda Drives
7) SATA Hard Drive: Western Digital 500GB HDD
8) Optical Drives: Samsung DL DVD+RW Burner
9) OS: Windows 2008 Server Enterprise SP2 (Tweaked for Workstation Performance Duties)
10) Case: Cooler Master 810 with side window.
11) PSU: Ultra X3 1600w
12) LCD: SAMSUNG 245BW
13) Current Connection Speed: 20975 kb/s Download & 2127 kb/s Upload

Xeon-Server
1) CPUs: Dual Intel 2.0GHz E5335 Xeon Quad-Cores
2) Motherboard: TYAN S2696 Tempest i5000XT
3) Video Card: VisionTek 4870 X2
4) Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster X-FI Sound Card Xtreme Music
5) Ram: 6GB of Crucial DDR2 667 PC 5300 memory
6) SAS Hard Drive (OS/Apps): Seagate Cheetah 15k.4 146GB
7) SATA Hard Drive: Seagate 1.5TB HDD
8) SATA Hard Drive: Western Digital 1TB HDD
9) SATA Hard Drive: Western Digital 500GB HDD
10) Optical Drives: Dual Samsung DL DVD+RW Burners
11) OS: Vista Ultimate 64-Bit Edition SP2
12) Case: Cooler Master Cosmo 1000
13) PSU: Coolmax 1200w CUQ-Series Power Supply
14) LCD: SAMSUNG 245BW
15) Current Connection Speed: 20975 kb/s Download & 2127 kb/s Upload
JadeDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2005, 02:08 PM   #18
ragewars_sc
Radeon Southern Islands

I just finished Re4 now... i just loveit )) 17h, almoust 1000kills and maybe 54 deats ) LOVELY game.. i just love that when they speack once they suprize u with pres a and b or things like that! Makes u look better at movies )))
Old Aug 2, 2005, 03:02 PM   #19
0091/2
We Do It!

0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with

Re5 will come out for revolution but, it probably won't look as good compare to PS3 & 360.
it's going to be like the Re4 version for ps2.

Current Desktop [2016]
Monitor: NEC EA244wmi | CPU: Intel 3570k @4.2ghz | Heatsink: NH-D14 | GPU: Intel HD4000 | Mobo: ASUS P8Z77-v pro | WiFi: Asus PCEAC68 | SSD: Samsung 860Pro 512GB/ 830pro 128GB | HDD: WD Black 8========D~13TB | PSU: Seasonic Plat. 660w
0091/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2005, 03:37 PM   #20
KMax
I'm Just a Typical

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragewars_sc
I just finished Re4 now... i just loveit )) 17h, almoust 1000kills and maybe 54 deats ) LOVELY game.. i just love that when they speack once they suprize u with pres a and b or things like that! Makes u look better at movies )))
Man, that's when I had all my deaths. I would be paying attention to the cutscenes, but no where near as close as I should've been.

I think I finished the game in 18 hours with about 150 deaths.

Old Aug 2, 2005, 04:22 PM   #21
AgentOtaku
Also Sprach Zarathustra

Cutscene I had to replay the most was "The Knife Fight"

Old Aug 2, 2005, 04:55 PM   #22
ragewars_sc
Radeon Southern Islands

Yes!! Knife fight was the worst.. or the moust beautyfull!! I really enjoy the game.. btw the game was on normal(i always play normal) and i give it a 9.9!!
Old Aug 2, 2005, 10:33 PM   #23
Osirus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Osirus once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Osirus once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Osirus once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Osirus once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Osirus once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Osirus once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Osirus is offline   Reply With Quote